Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,671 members, 7,823,897 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (620) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1786760 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (617) (618) (619) (620) (621) (622) (623) ... (698) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by SoNature(m): 9:37pm On Dec 17, 2019
MelesZenawi:

Which Adada state bikonu?

Who is feeding you guys all these lies and illusions.

Please if you guys need new state just divide Enugu state into two equal parts......afterall dem get land mass.

Case closed.

Though ugwuanyi is trying, Enugu looks like 1959 when the colonial masters was still around.

If you have never lived in Enugu, you should learn from those who have

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 9:42pm On Dec 17, 2019
SoNature:

If you have never lived in Enugu, you should learn from those who have

You can live in Ezeagu for all I care.

All that na street gossip with no substance.

If they need Adada state, nobody is against them. let them just divide Enugu into two.

shikina.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ekpeitit(m): 10:45pm On Dec 17, 2019
spyder880:
I love this state, and the towns that make up the state. I dont know if I will ever like to live anywhere else but Enugu, the way of life of the citizens of Enugu seems to be the best in the country.

Enugu people are very accomodating, hardworking and yet humble. We have everything here and yes, Enugu is working.

In this thread, I will try to change the perception of people about how bad or negative Nigeria is, lets start from where we are. I expect everyone to do something, lets stop the negativity for a while and focus on our positives. There are more good things in Nigeria than bad. You only need to look for it and see it.

I will flood this thread with so many pictures that people will complain, I have about 150 pictures loaded (more will be added this new week), I am ready to paste them here but I will post those in the evening, many towns were covered, many of our landmarks are here. The good, the moderately good and the terrible.

But let me just be posting and typing words for now, explaining some facts about Enugu.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ekpeitit(m): 10:47pm On Dec 17, 2019
If Okoro is proud of a place like Enugu then he is finished.
Enugu is like a village,it looks like Okoro will never see light.
No wonder Okoro will always remain our slaves.
Slaves for life.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by evuna: 10:05am On Jan 01, 2020
I just watched a video by the Enugu state housing corporation. They are trying oo by developing new estates. Please those that know ozalla, is it possible to get a 700k per plot land close to the express?

thanks

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by PDPGuy: 12:28am On Jan 03, 2020
The aviation is now saying the airport will be reopened before Easter...
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 1:39pm On Jan 06, 2020
PDPGuy:
The aviation is now saying the airport will be reopened before Easter...
I heared April.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by PDPGuy: 9:18pm On Jan 11, 2020
The runway portion of the Enugu airport rehabilitation will cost N8.5 billion. The remaining N1.5 billion will be used for other works
https://www.google.com/amp/s/thenationonlineng.net/n8-5-billion-to-be-spent-on-enugu-airport-reps-told/amp/
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChimaAdeoye: 9:29pm On Jan 11, 2020
PDPGuy:
The runway portion of the Enugu airport rehabilitation will cost N8.5 billion. The remaining N1.5 billion will be used for other works
https://www.google.com/amp/s/thenationonlineng.net/n8-5-billion-to-be-spent-on-enugu-airport-reps-told/amp/

Whopping N8.5 billion just to resurface a 3KM runway?

Enugu airport runway is the shortest international airport runway in Nigeria, yet it is currently the MOST EXPENSIVE!

What they are currently doing is merely resurfacing of the old runway. They scrape off the old tar and lay a new one. They are not re-doing the concrete base of the runway nor completing the abandoned taxiway! Yet, they will steal N8.5 billion for it!
How much did the 4 KM Abuja airport runway cost?

EFCC will still revisit how N10 billion naira tax-payers money was stolen in the purported Enugu International airport re-branding.

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Cyberterror: 11:35pm On Jan 11, 2020
ChimaAdeoye:

Enugu airport runway is the shortest international airport runway in Nigeria, yet it is currently the MOST EXPENSIVE!

What they are currently doing is merely resurfacing of the old runway. They scrape off the old tar and lay a new one. They are not re-doing the concrete base of the runway nor completing the abandoned taxiway! Yet, they will steal N8.5 billion for it!

EFCC will still revisit how N10 billion naira tax-payers money was stolen in the purported Enugu International airport re-branding.
Julius Berger is a very expensive contractor.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by PDPGuy: 1:18am On Jan 12, 2020
Cyberterror:
Julius Berger is a very expensive contractor.
It is PW that is handling the project

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by PDPGuy: 1:18am On Jan 12, 2020
ChimaAdeoye:

The reconstruction of the Abuja runway, in 2017, cost N6.5 billion
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by XANDERBOY85: 2:22am On Jan 12, 2020
ChimaAdeoye:

Hehehehe grin grin grin

So for your mind you think say dem go fit spend 10 billion naira for your 'nyamuree' airport abi?

When that Igbo delegation went to beg him to please fix AIIA Enugu (he loves it when Igbos beg him for anything) he just plucked that 10 billion naira out of nowhere and declared that's what will be spent on the airport! They now have to find spurious headings under which they will say the entire 10 billion was spent....just to cover Buharis' ass and also make it look like Igbos are getting it good under this admin'!

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChimaAdeoye: 2:41am On Jan 12, 2020
PDPGuy:

It is PW that is handling the project

...and Julius Berger handled the even cheaper Abuja airport project!
Yet, Abuja runway (4KM) is longer than Enugu runway (3KM) by a whopping extra 1 KM!

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by tck2000(m): 10:56am On Jan 13, 2020
The only thing that keeps enugu alive is the student/youth population, the state is filled with old civil servants with rickety vehicles. Enugu is usually boring whenever the students are on vacation. Owerri is the place to be men. . .

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OyiboUgbo04: 12:12am On Jan 22, 2020
Enugu Trademarked Workout
Routine... Please� kindly subscribe to my YouTube channel for tourism updates.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=share&v=Yv-aHWeevzk
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OyiboUgbo04: 12:23am On Jan 22, 2020

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by PDPGuy: 2:58am On Jan 22, 2020
Now, FAAN are saying the airport project will be ready in the last week of April, after the minister kept assuring that it would be complete before Easter...
Maybe the alleged hostility of some communities where the special construction stones are located is responsible for the delay.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by PDPGuy: 4:15pm On Jan 23, 2020
Minister Sirika says the ILS (Category 2) and DME (Distance Measuring Equipment) are almost ready. The airport is on track to reopen before Easter.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by PDPGuy: 1:11am On Jan 28, 2020
NAMA installs new CAT 2 ILS/DME at Enugu Airport

The Nigerian Airspace Management Agency (NAMA) has successfully installed a new CAT 2 Instrument Landing System and Distance Measuring Equipment (ILS/DME) at the Akanu Ibiam International Airport, Enugu to replace the old system which was installed since 2003.

A successful site acceptance test on the equipment has also been conducted by NAMA engineers in Enugu in preparation for its calibration in the coming days.

Meanwhile, in a bid to address communication blind spots in the Lagos South-East corridor, the Agency has installed a VSAT (Very Small Aperture Terminal) for satellite communication at the airport.

This SATCOM (Satellite Communication) node has further been integrated into the national satellite communication network which is linked to the AFISNET (African Indian Ocean SATCOM Network).

Also linked to the VSAT is the newly installed Remote Control Air-Ground (RCAG) Very High Frequency (VHF) radio communication system, ensuring that Enugu now has an extended VHF coverage on 127.3MHz frequency for Lagos South-East sector.

Speaking on the gains of this latest installation, Managing Director of NAMA, Captain Fola Akinkuotu, who noted with delight that radio communication along the Lagos South-East sector had improved tremendously, said: “The installation of the VHF radio in Enugu was particularly significant as the city is strategically located to accommodate over six routes, both local and international.”

“Enugu, being on a higher latitude, can cover for Manfe entry/exit reporting point in Cameroun for international flights like Ethiopian, Rwanda Airlines, Kenya Airways, South Africa Airways and the like,” Akinkuotu said.

The NAMA boss revealed that the new installation had provided an Aeronautical Fixed Telecommunication Network (AFTNlink) which would enhance effective data communication for transmission of flight plans, NOTAMs and Aeronautical Communication messages.

According to him, this “would also provide effective coordination between Enugu tower and Lagos Area Control Centre through the ATS/DS (Air Traffic Services/ Direct Speech) for departing and arriving traffic ahead of time.”

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChimaAgbalajob: 2:21am On Jan 30, 2020
PDPGuy:
Minister Sirika says the ILS (Category 2) and DME (Distance Measuring Equipment) are almost ready. The airport is on track to reopen before Easter.

The Minister and the FAAN boss Capt. Rabiu Yadudu are no longer speaking of the runway elongation from 3KM to 3.5KM to accomodate landing of a Boeing 747 jumbo jet etc, that they gave as reason for inevitable closure for a long period.

So let me ask, did they close the airport for almost 6 months now just to resurface the runway and install Instrument Landing System (ILS) & (DME) at Enugu Airport ?---- and this is what a whopping N8.5 Billion naira would be used for?

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by PDPGuy: 5:46am On Jan 30, 2020
ChimaAgbalajob:

The Minister and the FAAN boss Capt. Rabiu Yadudu are no longer speaking of the runway elongation from 3KM to 3.5KM to accomodate landing of a Boeing 747 jumbo jet etc, that they gave as reason for inevitable closure for a long period.

So let me ask, did they close the airport for almost 6 months now just to resurface the runway and install Instrument Landing System (ILS) & (DME) at Enugu Airport ?---- and this is what N8.5 Billion naira would be used for?

Well, as of three weeks ago, the consultant to both FAAN and the Transport ministry says the runway will be able to hold a 747-400 plane. So, it's still likely that the runway would be extended to a minimum of 3.4km.

However, I don't think the airport should have been closed for 8 months just to resurface/reconstruct the runway, install runway lighting, ILS, and DME. At very least, the project could have taken no more than 2-3 months to complete. But in Nigeria, the government and contractors love working at a leisurely pace which is soo annoying.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by GerogeI(m): 12:07pm On Jan 31, 2020
ChimaAdeoye:

Oga m,

You are right about creating parks. My take on this is that it's not a bad thing if we re-conceptualize Enugu as new emerging mega city with new borders stretching from 9th mile to Esut junction on PH expressway. If you imagine a bigger city, then you can insert huge public parks within this land space and it will very well serve the city.

Although we fail to see that the city is developing from all it's fringes and not planning, it does not stop the ongoing expansion of the city anyways. Not too long ago, we didn't consider Abakpa, Emene or Independence Layout Phase II as part of Enugu. Today, it is clear that those areas are well within the larger Enugu metropolis. So, we can continue thinking of Enugu an starting from New Haven to Asata and killing ourselves with the headache of how to fit everything within there, it doesn't stop the reality that today's Enugu now stretches from Emene to Ituku ozalla.

Excessive city expansion is the bane of poor urban planning.
Visit most European cities, they are built on 5 levels minimum.

The larger the sprawl of a city, the costlier it is to run. The more the infrastructure needed, and utility services are costlier. Recently visited Barcelona, it is not a brand new city, but I could quite see what Onitsha could have been like, if we continued with proper urban planning and an organized housing development.

Enugu does not need expansion, what it needs are high rises and organized housing development. Infrastructure for public transport and utilities- water, gas, internet and power.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 12:07pm On Feb 02, 2020
This girl did some justice to ENUGU town

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShAqaFqqrvg

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChimaAgbalajob: 8:03pm On Feb 04, 2020
The Igbo states should come together and welcome this proud son of Igboland home?

I am impressed at Bishop TD Jakes total embrace of his Igbo lineage since his genetic ancestry test proved his great grand parents were indeed Igbo.

8 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by slimthugchimee2(m): 1:53pm On Feb 06, 2020
Ugwuany building a pedestrian flyover in ogbete road, I really doubt this is necessary

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 1:54pm On Feb 07, 2020
slimthugchimee2:
Ugwuany building a pedestrian flyover in ogbete road, I really doubt this is necessary
Does ugwanyi have sense?
That's the fly over he should have built.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by VAQAXY: 10:20am On Feb 09, 2020
Jasparrow1:
It won't still change the fact that ENUGU as a whole is a glorified ZOO. A complete shitthol ;

TRUTH..ENUGU STATE IS A JUNGLE cheesy

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by VAQAXY: 10:21am On Feb 09, 2020
Rgade:

Does ugwanyi have sense?
That's the fly over he should have built.

Enugu state is a shithole, that's why. Jasparrow1 let's go there cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (617) (618) (619) (620) (621) (622) (623) ... (698) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.