Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,828 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:10 AM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (673) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1784558 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (670) (671) (672) (673) (674) (675) (676) ... (697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by oilykid(m): 7:54pm On Mar 05, 2023
christejames:

They think governance is by hosting only Twitter spaces...
Mbah is currently on space now answering questions from Enugu people, it takes someone who is smart and we'll learned to come to a Twitter space and answer questions from people all over the world..

Frank have done the same many times.
Edeoga is no where to be found. We don't want another packaged fraud to enter enugu govt house and take the state backwards again like gburugburu.

Obi was on Twitter spaces to meet and talk with Nigerians too.
Edeoga is not too big for that. Let him come and do the same.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 9:03am On Mar 06, 2023
cc:
Clockwisereport,
Crossfm,
Christejames,
Afam4eva,
Digitron,
0gbuefi2020,
0nyeAshuauru,
Dyke15,
Signz.

Looking @ the past political events in Enugu especially the presidential & national assembly electi0n, do you guys think that PDP is still the party to beat?

Isiuzo LGA is in Enugu East Senatorial District. Edeoga is from Isiuzo. Why are they pushing the narrative that Ede0ga is from nsukka?

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 9:12am On Mar 06, 2023
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
cc:
Clockwisereport,
Crossfm,
Christejames,
Afam4eva,
Digitron,
0gbuefi2020,
0nyeAshuauru,
Dyke15,
Signz.

Looking @ the past political events in Enugu especially the presidential & national assembly electi0n, do you guys think that PDP is still the party to beat?

Isiuzo LGA is in Enugu East Senatorial District. Edeoga is from Isiuzo. Why are they pushing the narrative that Ede0ga is from nsukka?

Don't mind those still grappling with sentiments pushing the narrative that Edeoga is from Nsukka zone... Isi-Uzo is in Enugu East zone where the governorship ticket was zoned to, so he should not benefit from the zone again because he has cultural affinity to Nsukka? Isi-Uzo has since been marginalized in that zone but God wants to show them mercy now.

During the build up to the primary, Gburugburu told Chimaroke to relinquish the senate seat to Isi-Uzo if he (Chimaroke) wants another Nkanu man as governor but Chimaroke disagreed and even slapped Edeoga for daring to contest in the election. The matter is long...

Thank God Edeoga is not just an ordinary politician but a technocrat per excellent.

For the events playing out in Enugu State currently, I will say PDP is playing catch up to LP.

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by clockwisereport: 9:19am On Mar 06, 2023
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

PDP may win but they will fight for it like their lives depend on it. I don't think people will come out to vote like they did on 25th February.this may help PDP at the end of the day. All the same, LP will give them a run for their money.

Yes, Isiuzo is culturally Nsukka. Their being in Enugu East Senatorial zone dates back to the creation of Enugu state. There were deliberations to include either Igbo etiti LGA or Isiuzo to Enugu East Senatorial Zone or Enugu West Senatorial Zone respectively. Nwodo family had to bring Igbo etiti to Enugu North(Nsukka Senatorial Zone) where they literally had no competition. Isiuzo had to be in Enugu East. That is the history of Isiuzo being in Enugu East. All the same, they are Nsukka people. The Catholics in Isiuzo are still in Catholic diocese of Nsukka till date. The Anglican Bishop of Nsukka is from Isiuzo as well.

It may Interest you to know that Udenu LGA(Ugwuanyi's LGA) was carved out from Isiuzo LGA

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 9:26am On Mar 06, 2023
christejames:

Don't mind those still grappling with sentiments pushing the narrative that Edeoga is from Nsukka zone... Isi-Uzo is in Enugu East zone where the governorship ticket was zoned to, so he should not benefit from the zone again because he has cultural affinity to Nsukka? Isi-Uzo has since been marginalized in that zone but God wants to show them mercy now.

Have they produced a senator?

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 9:39am On Mar 06, 2023
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

Have they produced a senator?

The LG has never held any important position apart from House of Rep that Edeoga held once.

If it's about LP, the party has announced the late Oyibo Chukwu's brother as replacement for LP. He will slugg it out with the expelled candidate of PDP Chimaroke and other candidates.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 10:05am On Mar 06, 2023
clockwisereport:

PDP may win but they will fight for it like their lives depend on it. I don't think people will come out to vote like they did on 25th February.this may help PDP at the end of the day. All the same, LP will give them a run for their money.

Yes, Isiuzo is culturally Nsukka. Their being in Enugu East Senatorial zone dates back to the creation of Enugu state. There were deliberations to include either Igbo etiti LGA or Isiuzo to Enugu East Senatorial Zone or Enugu West Senatorial Zone respectively.

nkanu sh0uld have left the senate to isiuzo LGA i.e equity & justice cox if goes nsukka vs nkanu then PDP will lose. Frank will divide their v0tes

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by clockwisereport: 2:46pm On Mar 06, 2023
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by clockwisereport: 2:49pm On Mar 06, 2023
oilykid:

Nweke for Me is the best.. I have seen his profile and have also been on the Twitter space with him.. Enugu people should come out and support frank nweke
Frank is not in the race

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 4:48pm On Mar 06, 2023
oilykid:

Mbah is currently on space now answering questions from Enugu people, it takes someone who is smart and we'll learned to come to a Twitter space and answer questions from people all over the world..

Frank have done the same many times.
Edeoga is no where to be found. We don't want another packaged fraud to enter enugu govt house and take the state backwards again like gburugburu.

Obi was on Twitter spaces to meet and talk with Nigerians too.
Edeoga is not too big for that. Let him come and do the same.

Edeoga has visited some radio stations in Enugu today to engage the populace.

He is currently having a Town Hall meeting with the Youths at a hotel in Enugu...

As for his presence on social media, Edeoga just created new Twitter account and will be interacting with the masses later on... Since you love it you can make it a date.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by oilykid(m): 6:00pm On Mar 06, 2023
christejames:

Edeoga has visited some radio stations in Enugu today to engage the populace.

He is currently having a Town Hall meeting with the Youths at a hotel in Enugu...

As for his presence on social media, Edeoga just created new Twitter account and will be interacting with the masses later on... Since you love it you can make it a date.
Nice .. I love that.. a debate is also coming up next tomorrow.. that's the kind of things we need in Enugu

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by oilykid(m): 6:00pm On Mar 06, 2023
clockwisereport:
Frank is not in the race
Where is he
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Anyi44(m): 8:16pm On Mar 06, 2023
oilykid:

Where is he
Good Question
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 10:37pm On Mar 06, 2023
Anyi44:
Good Question

...he is at the ballot papers to spoil votes...

The man is not in the race, forget what he and his hired Twitter handlers are feeding you. Outside Enugu city you will be lucky to find anywhere else he is known.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 4:17pm On Mar 07, 2023
Make it a date with Edeoga tomorrow as he interacts with the people via Twitter...

Here also are some of the achievements he recorded while wielding public positions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 4:20pm On Mar 07, 2023
Some pictures from the Town Hall meeting he held yesterday...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 5:01pm On Mar 07, 2023
Cc: Christejames.

I wish LP the best 0f luck. Enugu West will surely be the battle gr0und. What abt the deputy g0v? Where is he/she from?

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 7:09pm On Mar 07, 2023
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
Cc:
Christejames.

I wish LP the best 0f luck. Enugu West will surely be the battle gr0und.
What abt the deputy g0v? Where is he/she from?

He is from Enugu West

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by NwekereNdoki: 11:14pm On Mar 07, 2023
I don't believe in Edoga of LP.

I still stand with Frank Nweke of APGA.

Edoga is just joining twitter in 2023. This says alot.

It is time Igbos elect leaders with modern ideas and that are innovative.

But if Edoga wins, he should know that if he does not perform, he will loose the primaries to either Frank Nweke or Barth Nnaji.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 7:29am On Mar 08, 2023
NwekereNdoki:

But if Edoga wins, he should know that if he does not perform, he will loose the primaries to either Frank Nweke or Barth Nnaji.

Joining twitter mean nothing. There are many 1st world c0untry leaders who are not on twitter.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 7:40am On Mar 08, 2023
Voting LP means we are promoting dem0cracy.. If you don't perform, you're gone.

Political parties will start giving ticket 2 the most qualified candidate & not those with deep pocket.

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 9:07am On Mar 08, 2023
NwekereNdoki:

Leave Enugu State matter for Ndi Enugu...

That should not bother you.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OnyeAshuaUru: 9:51pm On Mar 08, 2023
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
Voting LP means we are promoting dem0cracy.. If you don't perform, you're gone.

Political parties will start giving ticket 2 the most qualified candidate & not those with deep pocket.
This is actually why we should all make sure that the ruling PDP loses the coming governorship election. I'm not one of those who want to claim that one or some of the candidates might be more capable and competent than the others. I'm not even rating them based on the so-called 3Cs because it's obvious they are all cut from the same cloth.
The defeat of the PDP will revitalise politics in Enugu by making it more competitive. There's a reason folks with proven capacity like Barth Nnaji refuse to contest, and I think it's because they believe they are bound to fail if they aren't backed by an Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi or a Chimaroke Nnamani. So, if we can enthrone a new administration against the wishes of these powerful idiots, then we have elevated the position of individual character and capabilities in choosing a leader for our state. This looks simple in the surface but it's seismic and will guarantee far-reaching results than our heavily biased individual assessments.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by NwekereNdoki: 12:10am On Mar 09, 2023
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

Joining twitter mean nothing. There are many 1st world c0untry leaders who are not on twitter.

U don't understand. Don't worry.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:51am On Mar 09, 2023
Enugu citizens should make better choice now
Elect someone like chime

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Grgt0n: 12:30pm On Mar 09, 2023
Grgton:
Enugu citizens should make better choice now
Elect someone like chime

Imo state deserves to get it right in the coming poll. Uzodinma as a 419 kingpin has nothing to offer. Millions of imo indigenes are running to Enugu, Anambra even ebonyi to live
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by signz: 5:41pm On Mar 09, 2023
christejames:
Some pictures from the Town Hall meeting he held yesterday...

"Edeoga doesn't just lack communication skills and he sounds unintelligent". This is what my cousin who has listened to Edeoga speak twice said. I've heard the same thing on Twitter.

I sincerely hope Edeoga will surround himself with technocrats when he gets to the Lion Building. I heard Prof Bath Nnaji is supporting him, I hope Edeoga will listen to people like him when he wins.
The reason I'm warming up to him is because Frank Nweke my predered candidate doesn't have a chance and Peter Mbah allegedly bouggt PDP ticket with 7bn naira, his link to Chimaroke and also rumoured Bank Loans, Peter Mbah has problems.

I pray Edeoga is a good man that possesses great managerial and administrative skills to put square pegs in square holes. Enugu cannot afford to have another Gburugburu or even worse.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 6:30pm On Mar 09, 2023
signz:

"Edeoga doesn't just lack communication skills and he sounds unintelligent". This is what my cousin who has listened to Edeoga speak twice said. I've heard the same thing on Twitter.

I sincerely hope Edeoga will surround himself with technocrats when he gets to the Lion Building. I heard Prof Bath Nnaji is supporting him, I hope Edeoga will listen to people like him when he wins.
The reason I'm warming up to him is because Frank Nweke my predered candidate doesn't have a chance and Peter Mbah allegedly bouggt PDP ticket with 7bn naira, his link to Chimaroke and also rumoured Bank Loans, Peter Mbah has problems.

I pray Edeoga is a good man that possesses great managerial and administrative skills to put square pegs in square holes. Enugu cannot afford to have another Gburugburu or even worse.

He will not disappoint!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OnyeAshuaUru: 11:13pm On Mar 09, 2023
signz:

Don't get your hopes too high lest you be disappointed really quick. Edeoga has all the attributes of a rebel who isn't afraid to take on anybody, but I have not read or heard of any revolutionary ideas from him. Coming into office, my guess is that he is going to focus on obliterating the remnants of PDP in Enugu State, but not too much on obliterating poverty, insecurity, and poor public infrastructure.
Have you noticed his signature dressing and how all the ranking LP officials and candidates in Enugu State have long copied it? Dude has all the Jagaban vibes even before coming into office, and it remains to be seen how all this will affect the lives of ndi be anyi.
He might be great or he might turn out terrible; but he's not Gburugburu kind of person. In fact, he is the opposite of Gburugburu. He is not a preacher of love.
As for his communication skill, I will have to disagree with anyone who gives him a poor rating. Maybe it's his spoken English that is in focus here because the Chijioke Edeoga I have listened to waxing lyrically about his achievements in Igbo is nowhere near being a bad communicator. In fact, he is far better than Peter Mbah whose awkward mixing of Igbo and English could best be described as retar.ded.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 6:04pm On Mar 10, 2023
I am back to Nairaland after taking some time to recover after the hard-fought battle in the presidential election.

If we had a functional judiciary, Obi will recover his victory but for now, I have removed my mind from it. Everybody in Nigeria has a price tag and I dont see the Judiciary as exception

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 6:11pm On Mar 10, 2023
On Enugu Guber, this is the most competive election in Enugu History.

Peter Mbah remains my candidate with clear goals, passion for the zone.

However, Edeoga has overtaken him .

Mbah's got his strategy wrong from day one. His mistakes were:
a. Working with Gburugburu's team who were largely incompetent.
b. His link with Chimaroke and his inability to publicly disociate himself from him.
c. The Caste system in Nkanu which Edeoga has now become the biggest beneficiary.

Although, we are working hard to remedy the situation, the point is that if election is held today.

Edeoga will win 10 LGAs : Igbo Eze South, Igbo Eze North, Awgu, Aninri, Oji River, Nsukka, Isi Uzo, Udenu, Igbo Etiti and Uzo Uwani.

Mba will win: Nkanu East, Nkanu West, Udi, Ezeagu, Enugu East.

Frank will win Enugu North and Enugu South
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by okeysoninv: 6:35pm On Mar 10, 2023
Digitron:
On Enugu Guber, this is the most competive election in Enugu History.

Peter Mbah remains my candidate with clear goals, passion for the zone.

However, Edeoga has overtaken him .

Mbah's got his strategy wrong from day one. His mistakes were:
a. Working with Gburugburu's team who were largely incompetent.
b. His link with Chimaroke and his inability to publicly disociate himself from him.
c. The Caste system in Nkanu which Edeoga has now become the biggest beneficiary.

Although, we are working hard to remedy the situation, the point is that if election is held today.

Edeoga will win 10 LGAs : Igbo Eze South, Igbo Eze North, Awgu, Aninri, Oji River, Nsukka, Isi Uzo, Udenu, Igbo Etiti and Uzo Uwani.

Mba will win: Nkanu East, Nkanu West, Udi, Ezeagu, Enugu East.

Frank will win Enugu North and Enugu South
what will make mba to win urbanized area like Enugu East?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (670) (671) (672) (673) (674) (675) (676) ... (697) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.