Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (674) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1784534 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (671) (672) (673) (674) (675) (676) (677) ... (697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 6:53pm On Mar 10, 2023
Digitron:

c. The Caste system in Nkanu which Edeoga has now become the biggest beneficiary.

Please can you throw more light here.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 7:07pm On Mar 10, 2023
okeysoninv:
what will make mba to win urbanized area like Enugu East?

The Nikes follow the same voting pattern as the Nkanus.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 7:12pm On Mar 10, 2023
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

Please can you throw more light here.

There is a terrible caste system there. Some places (they call them Odenigbo) have been technically denied political position because of it.

Labour Party was strategic enough to give their senatorial ticket to someone from that axis (the late Oyibo Chukwu). Even after his death, they still gave the ticket to his younger brother.

So, many of them from that part of Nkanu are beginning to have some sort of sympathy for LP.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 7:24pm On Mar 10, 2023
Digitron:

There is a terrible caste system there. Some places (they call them Odenigbo) have been technically denied political position because of it.

Labour Party was strategic enough to give their senatorial ticket to someone from that axis (the late Oyibo Chukwu). Even after his death, they still gave the ticket to his younger brother.

So, many of them from that part of Nkanu are beginning to have some sort of sympathy for LP.

I know u worked for LP during the presidential election. 0bviouly u are not working 4 them in the next election. What happened?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by okeysoninv: 7:29pm On Mar 10, 2023
Digitron:

The Nikes follow the same voting pattern as the Nkanus.
which Nike, Nike is urbanized area most people living there are not non indigenes. Is like you're not living in Enugu

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 9:21pm On Mar 10, 2023
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

I know u worked for LP during the presidential election. 0bviouly u are not working 4 them in the next election. What happened?

I worked for LP during the presidential election but I am a PDP man. I am all for Mbah. We need to get Enugu on the right part.

I need someone who can develop Enugu holistically.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 10:18am On Mar 11, 2023
Finally, we now have a modern TV 📺 station from the East based in Enugu that is now on Digital cable network.

Afia TV is a lifestyle, entertainment, business, news and political media that focuses on the the Eastern part of the country and beyond.

Follow them on YouTube and other social media platforms.

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 7:34pm On Mar 13, 2023

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 10:18pm On Mar 13, 2023
christejames:

You and this your Edeoga.

We will defeat him on Saturday.

Enugu needs an innovator and only Peter Mbah promises that dream

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 10:23pm On Mar 13, 2023
Digitron:

You and this your Edeoga.

We will defeat him on Saturday.

Enugu needs an innovator and only Peter Mbah promises that dream

You wish... 😅

Mbah's plans are unrealistic and too utopian!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 10:31pm On Mar 13, 2023
christejames:

You wish... 😅

Mbah's plans are unrealistic and too utopian!

Edeoga has no plan at all.

He is just basking on the euphoria of integrity.

We need a disruptor not another Ugwuanyi
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 10:34pm On Mar 13, 2023
Digitron:

Edeoga has no plan at all.

He is just basking on the euphoria of integrity.

We need a disruptor not another Ugwuanyi

Lol 😂

Euphoria that he followed entrenched in the state?

When Edeoga was creating more than 70 LP offices across the state, your Mbah was still banking on the cabals to just give him a little push into the Lions Building... 😅

Unfortunately, parade has changed gear, he is now in the streets soliciting votes like the Edeoga they mocked 😂

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 3:36pm On Mar 14, 2023
An illustrious son of the state Prof Barth Nnaji throws his weight and support behind the candidate of the LP, Bar. Chijioke Edeoga...

A New Enugu Births.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 3:38pm On Mar 14, 2023
Some of Edeoga's plans for security

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 3:39pm On Mar 14, 2023
Some of his plans on Healthcare and others...

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by oilykid(m): 3:57pm On Mar 14, 2023
christejames:
Some of his plans on Healthcare and others...
Whoever wins should focus on Agriculture.
Enugu is an agro allied.. the only thing can push Enugu into industrialization is through agriculture. It's the fastest way to increase our GDP and make Enugu an industrial agricultural state.
Places like aninri, Nsukka zone should have industrial agricultural settlements. Go to Kenya, Ethiopia, Egypt and see what agriculture have turned the country into.

Our leaders in Nigeria are just too lazy and have no ideas on how to build a society. They only wait for money in Abuja every month ans share among theirselves and then use the remaining ones to construct poor roads.

The new governor elect needs to travel to all these countries making money from agriculture and learn from them. He should also travel to developed countries and invite investors from there. Netherlands is doing wonders in agriculture too.

Another thing the new governor needs to do is town planing. We lack town planing in Nigeria. We construct roads without sidewalks,road signs, good dual lanes, street light and traffic light.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by oilykid(m): 4:02pm On Mar 14, 2023
We have coal in Enugu and orji river power station was allowed to die. A power station if we'll rebuilt can power the whole SE and drive industrialization.

The west still relies in coal fired power station, go to Asia and see the likes of china still building more coal fired power plants. Even India is already opening up their coal mining sites to increase the capacity of their coal power plants.

Nothing stops to the new governor from going to china and asking them to come and invest in power and mining in enugu state. These are some of the things that will propel industrialization in enugu and it's not that hard to do it's just that our leaders are just too lazy to think. They only know about looting and rigging.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by crossfm: 5:04pm On Mar 14, 2023
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
cc:

0gbuefi2020
Signz
Digitron
Crossfm
Christejames.

In the senatorial election ,Ugwuanyi failed to win his lga. no be juju be dat?

Lol,I told them that Ugwuanyi is a monumental failure. His nrashi philosophy should be thought in Igbo language as a taboo and children should stay away from such.

Some people who have Stockholm syndrome are not happy with the Obidient movement,but am happy. Just imagine people coming out to campaign these days.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 6:13pm On Mar 14, 2023
crossfm:

Lol,I told them that Ugwuanyi is a monumental failure. His nrashi philosophy should be thought in Igbo language as a taboo and children should stay away from such.

Some people who have Stockholm syndrome are not happy with the Obidient movement,but am happy. Just imagine people coming out to campaign these days.

Thank you.
Say no to nrashi p0litics.
Say no to politics of godfatherism.
We reject political violence & killings.

PDP shld be relegated in SE. Lets try another party.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by crossfm: 7:44pm On Mar 14, 2023
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

Thank you.
Say no to nrashi p0litics.
Say no to politics of godfatherism.
We reject political violence & killings.

PDP shld be relegated in SE. Lets try another party.

PDP really let the southeast down,the crumbling of the party should start from southeast for the disrespect.

I don't blame Atiku and his team much, rather I blame the southeast PDP politicians for lacking the ball's to demand for their right.

The political efulefu's believe that it's not yet time for Igbo presidency without even fighting.

People like Emeka Ihedioha and his co traveller's are still waiting for Atiku to come and make them governor and our infemoust letter writer "Soludo",is waiting for Atiku to make him president.

Let politicians from southeast know that indeed power belongs to the masses.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by AstroG: 9:13am On Mar 15, 2023
Why is PDP Governorship candidate in Enugu becoming so desperate,the same Peter Obi they mocked and said that he is just a social media candidate is the one they re now using to campaign to the extent that his media warriors foxxymobile and OEPHIUS are now familiarizing with the obedient family.

What a shame🤦🏼

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 9:40am On Mar 15, 2023
AstroG:
Why is PDP Governorship candidate in Enugu becoming so desperate,the same Peter Obi they mocked and said that he is just a social media candidate is the one they re now using to campaign to the extent that his media warriors foxxymobile and OEPHIUS are now familiarizing with the obedient family.

What a shame🤦🏼

A big shame my brother...

They are grappling at straws
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by crossfm: 10:21am On Mar 15, 2023
AstroG:

What a shame🤦🏼
Jungle don mature grin.

The era of writing results in hotels and politicians houses is over,you must work for your vote's now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 7:47pm On Mar 15, 2023
More highlights...

I love the part where he will revitalized the University of Education, Awgu, completion and equipping of State University of Medical and Applied Sciences.

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 9:07pm On Mar 16, 2023
It will be a pity if Edeoga wins this election.

What contact do Edeoga has to attract industry.

I listened to him on Twitter space and his answer to question were better pedestrian.

Please, Vote Peter Mbah for governor. All we need to do to keep him in check is to populate the house of Assembly with LP members for checks and balances
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 10:31pm On Mar 16, 2023
Digitron:

What contact do Edeoga has to attract industry.

Pls tell me the contact that Sullivan(the best governor Enugu produced since 1999) had before he became governor?

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 10:33pm On Mar 16, 2023
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

Pls tell me the contact that Sullivan(the best governor Enugu produced since 1999) had before he became governor?

Don't mind them
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ogbuefi2020: 10:40pm On Mar 16, 2023
oilykid:
We have coal in Enugu and orji river power station was allowed to die. A power station if we'll rebuilt can power the whole SE and drive industrialization.

The west still relies in coal fired power station, go to Asia and see the likes of china still building more coal fired power plants. Even India is already opening up their coal mining sites to increase the capacity of their coal power plants.

Nothing stops to the new governor from going to china and asking them to come and invest in power and mining in enugu state. These are some of the things that will propel industrialization in enugu and it's not that hard to do it's just that our leaders are just too lazy to think. They only know about looting and rigging.
This one na federal matter

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 10:46pm On Mar 16, 2023
christejames:

Don't mind them

Your party is in power, they were given 8yrs 2 deliver dividends 0f democracy. They failed woefully thus no legacy project(s) 2 campaign with...u begin dey tell me abt contact. Ugwuanyi, Utazi, Chimaroke, Ekweremadu, Toby 0kechukwu e.t.c how dem take grow Enugu with their Contact?

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 11:10pm On Mar 16, 2023
christejames:
More highlights...

I love the part where he will revitalized the University of Education, Awgu, completion and equipping of State University of Medical and Applied Sciences.

Very good. Akwa ibom & Lagos is a good example.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by oilykid(m): 11:42pm On Mar 16, 2023
Ogbuefi2020:

This one na federal matter
That's my problems with we igbos.. they are some important things we need to do for ourselves and quit waiting for federal government cause the FG will never do anything that will bring huge development to the SE. Nothing stops Enugu government in looking for investors to build up the coal fired power plants. It will surely help in industrialization and huge employment in Enugu and SE in general

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 8:39am On Mar 17, 2023
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

How many industries did Sullivan attract?

Sullivan performance was not even superb. He is just praised because he bettered the achievement of Chimaroke.

He is one eyed man in the land of the blind

(1) (2) (3) ... (671) (672) (673) (674) (675) (676) (677) ... (697) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.