Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,397 members, 7,846,667 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (685) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1799680 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (682) (683) (684) (685) (686) (687) (688) ... (706) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by LOVEALAIGBO: 6:53pm On Jan 08
MrEverest:

This mindset of yours is exactly my own believe until reality hit! I will explain.

It seems there is a deliberate plan from the government to frustrate Akanu Ibiam International airport Enugu and make it unviable. Either that or Ethiopian airlines are criminals sabotaging that route.

The low traffic AIIA Enugu is experiencing is due to deliberate sabotage by Ethiopian airlines or federal government wicked policies.

Could you believe that I wanted to book an international flight from Enugu to one of the cities in South East Asia only for Ethiopian airline to bill me over 3 million naira! For a one way ticket! The outrageous figure made me to check other routes and even other airlines and the result shocked me.

All the international airports in Nigeria including Lagos, Abuja, P.H and Kano charged significantly less than Enugu route. Sometimes, 3x less for same destination!

The same route Ethiopian airlines charged me 3m+ was what I got for a little above 1m from Qatar airways via P.H airport! That's three times lower than Enugu!

For someone based in Owerri, P.H is next door yet as a patriotic Igbo man, I would definitely prefer using Enugu that is farther away if the ticket prices were same or even a little higher for Enugu. But 3x higher is madness and a complete ripoff!

Now I understand why many Igbos don't make use of AIIA Enugu. That airport would definitely be getting 5x it's current traffic if not for this sabotage. Most travellers making use of P.H, Abuja and Lagos international airports are still Igbos and half of them would likely use Enugu if not for this sabotage.

This is what i suspected all along! The most annoying thing is that our useless elite…especially those in gov’t (state and Abuja) would keep quiet and pretend all is well! Remember when Kwakwanso was Governor and threatened Stella Odua when he erroneously thought she was shortchanging Aminu Kano int’l airport? Turned out she actually did even more for the airport than she did for Akanu Ibiam that’s in her own region!

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ofodirinwa: 6:54pm On Jan 08
MrEverest:

This mindset of yours is exactly my own believe until reality hit! I will explain.

It seems there is a deliberate plan from the government to frustrate Akanu Ibiam International airport Enugu and make it unviable. Either that or Ethiopian airlines are criminals sabotaging that route.

The low traffic AIIA Enugu is experiencing is due to deliberate sabotage by Ethiopian airlines or federal government wicked policies.

Could you believe that I wanted to book an international flight from Enugu to one of the cities in South East Asia only for Ethiopian airline to bill me over 3 million naira! For a one way ticket! The outrageous figure made me to check other routes and even other airlines and the result shocked me.

All the international airports in Nigeria including Lagos, Abuja, P.H and Kano charged significantly less than Enugu route. Sometimes, 3x less for same destination!

The same route Ethiopian airlines charged me 3m+ was what I got for a little above 1m from Qatar airways via P.H airport! That's three times lower than Enugu!

For someone based in Owerri, P.H is next door yet as a patriotic Igbo man, I would definitely prefer using Enugu that is farther away if the ticket prices were same or even a little higher for Enugu. But 3x higher is madness and a complete ripoff!

Now I understand why many Igbos don't make use of AIIA Enugu. That airport would definitely be getting 5x it's current traffic if not for this sabotage. Most travellers making use of P.H, Abuja and Lagos international airports are still Igbos and half of them would likely use Enugu if not for this sabotage.

Any one flying Ethiopian is OYO. Ethiopians hate africans with a passion but they are poorer than Nigerians and incompetent so they don't have the opportunity to oppress the way they want to. There is nothing else happening in their head than trying to hate africans. It sounds crazy because you're african and don't think this way but this is how most non-africans and people from the horn of africa and north africa think. With this airline they have an opening and they will show you all hell. I will never enter that plane. They have already ban Ghana Must Go for no identifiable reason other than it's specifically black africans that use it. When they start, they will start but of course most africans will have to learn when it's happening. So if they're collaborating with the Nigerian government to frustrate Igbos, I will not be surprised, eventually the will frustrate everyone.

But yeah they are sabotaguing Enugu airport. the #1 travel destination world wise if east nigeria. No other place (Mecca, Paris, etc) attracts that many vistors, every year. No other place has that many visitors that are willing to spend that much money ($10K+) in one visit, and will come regardless of what's going on on the ground or the state of the economy.

So there is a massive international racket of extorting nigerians, overcharging them, forcing them to do connected flights that don't make sense, abusing them and stealing their luggage. On a Nigerian flight, 30% of people will have missing luggage by the end of the flight and Nigerians think this is normal. When I started traveling w/ non-Nigerians I realized something deliberate is happening and I don't think it's the Nigerian airport that is doing it because many of the luggages won't make it to Nigeria.

Air Peace is being frustrated at all corners because if actual Igbo people make it in the airline business, the racket is over. I don't think he knows what he's up against, and no african will ever know because we don't think like these other people and will not naturally suspect this is what they are doing. But Onyema is gradually figuring out and speaking about it. Most Nigerians think an international flight is supposed to be $2000. Most people are not paying up to $600 to go anywhere.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by LOVEALAIGBO: 6:57pm On Jan 08
Ofodirinwa:

Any one flying Ethiopian is OYO. Ethiopians hate africans with a passion but they are poorer than Nigerians and incompetent so they don't have the opportunity to oppress the way they want to. There is nothing else happening in their head than trying to hate africans. It sounds crazy because you're african and don't think this way but this is how most non-africans and people from the horn of africa and north africa think. With this airline they have an opening and they will show you all hell. I will never enter that plane. They have already ban Ghana Must Go for no identifiable reason other than it's specifically black africans that use it. When they start, they will start but of course most africans will have to learn when it's happening. So if they're collaborating with the Nigerian government to frustrate Igbos, I will not be surprised, eventually the will frustrate everyone.

But yeah they are sabotaguing Enugu airport. the #1 travel destination world wise if east nigeria. No other place (Mecca, Paris, etc) attracts that many vistors, every year. No other place has that many visitors that are willing to spend that much money ($10K+) in one visit, and will come regardless of what's going on on the ground or the state of the economy.

So there is a massive international racket of extorting nigerians, overcharging them, forcing them to do connected flights that don't make sense, abusing them and stealing their luggage. On a Nigerian flight, 30% of people will have missing luggage by the end of the flight and Nigerians think this is normal. When I started traveling w/ non-Nigerians I realized something deliberate is happening and I don't think it's the Nigerian airport that is doing it because many of the luggages won't make it to Nigeria.

Air Peace is being frustrated at all corners because if actual Igbo people make it in the airline business, the racket is over. I don't think he knows what he's up against, and no african will ever know because we don't think like these other people and will not naturally suspect this is what they are doing. But Onyema is gradually figuring out and speaking about it. Most Nigerians think an international flight is supposed to be $2000. Most people are not paying up to $600 to go anywhere.

I get your point, but isn’t there meant to be a Nigerian regulatory body to monitor their pricing of flights in and out of Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ofodirinwa: 7:06pm On Jan 08
LOVEALAIGBO:

I get your point, but isn’t there meant to be a Nigerian regulatory body to monitor their pricing of flights in and out of Nigeria?

Bro you really think Nigeria is still a living thing? lol

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ogene001: 7:06pm On Jan 08
christejames:

I only asked a simple question? undecided

For for information, rural areas that are gradually becoming a boisterous town in Enugu State from the ones I can remember are...

Obukpa,
Orba Nsukka
Ibagwa-Aka
Ugwuogo-Nike
Mgbowo
Iwollo
Ikem
Opi and a host of others that I can't remember now.

These were some so called rural areas few years back that are currently boasting of some better infrastructure per Nigerian Standard. Just like the ones in Anambra.
We know this, but not up to Anambra level. Opi, Ibagwa, Enugu Ezike are yet to attract commercial banks. Of all the places you mentioned only orba has one bank

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 9:55pm On Jan 08
Ogene001:

We know this, but not up to Anambra level. Opi, Ibagwa, Enugu Ezike are yet to attract commercial banks. Of all the places you mentioned only orba has one bank

Then you obviously don't know Ibagwa-Aka and Ikem undecided

Ibagwa-Aka that currently has a new stadium constructed by an individual and some other ancillary infrastructures? undecided
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by LOVEALAIGBO: 9:57pm On Jan 08
christejames:

Then you obviously don't know Ibagwa-Aka and Ikem undecided

Ibagwa-Aka that currently has a new stadium constructed by an individual and some other ancillary infrastructures? undecided

Any pics or video?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 10:00pm On Jan 08
LOVEALAIGBO:

Any pics or video?

I don't have the pix, I saw it on Twitter
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 10:19pm On Jan 08
Ogene001:

Pls where are the commercial banks in Isuaniocha, Mgbakwu, Enugu-Agidi, Nibo, Mbaukwu, Ebenebe, Amansea, Ugbenu, Ugbene?

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 10:35pm On Jan 08
christejames:

I only asked a simple question?

For for information, rural areas that are gradually becoming a boisterous town in Enugu State from the ones I can remember are...

Obukpa,
Orba Nsukka
Ibagwa-Aka
Ugwuogo-Nike
Mgbowo
Iwollo
Ikem
Opi and a host of others that I can't remember now.

These were some so called rural areas few years back that are currently boasting of some better infrastructure per Nigerian Standard. Just like the ones in Anambra.

His own definition 0f rural development is presence of commercial banks. Town like obukpa, ibagwa, opi are like 10-15mins drive to Nsukka. From Ogurute to obollo-afor is not more than 20mins.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 10:44pm On Jan 08
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

His own definition 0f rural development is presence of commercial banks. Town like obukpa, ibagwa, opi are like 10-15mins drive to Nsukka. From Ogurute to obollo-afor is not more than 20mins.

He hasn't toured Enugu state before making that statement.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 10:58pm On Jan 08
christejames:

Exactly.
All the community surrounding Awka town does not have any commercial bank too..

Thus, there are no rural development in Anambra

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by FOXDOSSIER: 11:05pm On Jan 08
What’s there to tour about Enugu state when everyone knows that Enugu is still a very backward state with poverty level about national average

christejames:

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by FOXDOSSIER: 11:10pm On Jan 08
You are mentioning communities surrounding Awka meanwhile communities surrounding Enugu like ugwuaji, awkunanaw, Nike, emene, etc, are in terrible conditions compare to the ones you mentioned . The guy made a very sincere post but instead of you aggressive wawa people to learn and improve on your state, rather you people are attacking him for stating the truth known by everyone. Can you in all honesty compare the backward rural areas in Enugu state that doesn’t have decent school, hospital, economic activities, etc, to progressive developed rural areas of Anambra? This post has really exposed you bigots that would have started supporting this fact had it been it favoured your state.

OkpaNsukkaisBae:

Pls where are the commercial banks in Isuaniocha, Mgbakwu, Enugu-Agidi, Nibo, Mbaukwu, Ebenebe, Amansea, Ugbenu, Ugbene?

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Abufo: 11:32pm On Jan 08
MrEverest:

Ndigbo to a large extent are suffering from one mighty dose of stockholm syndrome.........we are so much in love with our oppressors!

That is how Ethiopian airlines packed us into a Boeing 737 for a 6 plus hours flight from Enugu to Adis Ababa for an onward flight to Washington DC last summer! Even the B777 to DC was a living hell........it was packed full with economy passengers everywhere the eyes could see! Ethiopian airways is good for what it is designed for......cheap air transport for relatively poor Africans especially Ethiopians............Ndigbo I know aspire for far better things..............Unfortunately Nigeria as presently constituted is not ready to emancipate Ndigbo.............If we want liberation from a 3rd colonization by Yorubas,we better get ready for one big struggle to free ourselves....I have said my bit!

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ogene001: 3:59am On Jan 09
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

Guy, I was surprised that Agulu has a commercial bank while over here Ibagwa AKA and Enugu Ezike have non

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by waternogetemeny: 4:00am On Jan 09
MrEverest:

WHEN WILL THEY COMPLETE UNA AIRPORT?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ogene001: 4:00am On Jan 09
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

Agulu to Ekwulobia is how many minutes?

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 6:41am On Jan 09
Ogene001:

Guy, I was surprised that Agulu has a commercial bank while over here Ibagwa AKA and Enugu Ezike have non

Same Agulu that they located unizik faculty of pharmacy, state government hotel.?

Ituku Ozalla too has a commercial bank.

pls mention the commercial banks in those towns i listed close to Awka?

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 6:56am On Jan 09
Ogene001:
Agulu to Ekwulobia is how many minutes?
Ituku-Ozalla to Enugu is how many minutes?

Stop disgracing yourself.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by FOXDOSSIER: 1:14pm On Jan 09
Why can’t you people accept a reality and move on . Everyone knows that Enugu state is still timid and backward when it comes to overall development. That’s one of the many things Enugu state should endeavour to learn from Anambra state. You people should stop living in denial. Ordinary poverty ranking among a Nigerian states will prove how backward Enugu state is. See where Enugu state is ranked in the list. Enugu state has a lot of work to do

OkpaNsukkaisBae:

Same Agulu that they located unizik faculty of pharmacy, state government hotel.? Ozalla too has a commercial bank.pls mention the commercial banks in those towns i listed close to Awka?

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by melodyogonna(m): 1:16pm On Jan 09
Just realising that this New Enugu City project that Peter Mbah flagged off isn't a small project. It's on 10,000 hectares of land? kiss kiss That's massive, I really thought it was another estate.

Edit: It seems Ugwuanyi started the project, Peter Mbah flagged off the access road and seems to also expand the proposed land to 10k hectares. Who sabi about this project?

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by FOXDOSSIER: 1:18pm On Jan 09
Stop embarrassing Enugu state here. Accepting a simple reality is enough starting for Enugu state to have overall development through government efforts. Some of the ways to see the effects of overall development is through poverty and literacy rankings of a state. Poverty ranking of Enugu state is among the highest in Nigeria and literacy ranking of Enugu is among the lowest in Nigeria.

OkpaNsukkaisBae:
Ituku-Ozalla to Enugu is how many minutes?
Stop disgracing yourself.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 1:28pm On Jan 09
melodyogonna:
Just realising that this New Enugu City project that Peter Mbah flagged off isn't a small project. It's on 10,000 hectares of land? That's massive, I really thought it was another estate.

Have they started work?

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by melodyogonna(m): 1:30pm On Jan 09
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

Have they started work?
Yeah there are already houses there, but one of the first things Peter Mbah did was flag of construction of the access road, first time I heard of the city then.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by melodyogonna(m): 1:31pm On Jan 09
FOXDOSSIER:
Stop embarrassing Enugu state here. Accepting a simple reality is enough starting for Enugu state to have overall development through government efforts. Some of the ways to see the effects of overall development is through poverty and literacy rankings of a state. Poverty ranking of Enugu state is among the highest in Nigeria and literacy ranking of Enugu is among the lowest in Nigeria.

Omo leave that guy oo, I no sabi wetin e dey argue. I'm not sure na wetin I dey talk e dey talk

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by melodyogonna(m): 5:15pm On Jan 09
The hell? Who tf are these cartels? Is this what real estate developers see in Enugu? After making agreements with the state government and raising billions as part of your agreement some third parties would indiscriminately sell properties without permission? I was wondering why centenary city seemed stalled, and at the sort of buildings I was seeing there

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by FOXDOSSIER: 1:28pm On Jan 10
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by oilykid(m): 10:24pm On Jan 10
melodyogonna:

Yeah there are already houses there, but one of the first things Peter Mbah did was flag of construction of the access road, first time I heard of the city then.
Wait, so it's not an estate but a complete be new city with mega road constructions on going??
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by melodyogonna(m): 9:18am On Jan 11
oilykid:

Wait, so it's not an estate but a complete be new city with mega road constructions on going??
Indeed.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by oilykid(m): 9:38am On Jan 11
melodyogonna:

Indeed.
Are they going to build skyscrapers there ??

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by melodyogonna(m): 10:11am On Jan 11
oilykid:

Are they going to build skyscrapers there ??
That depends on the developers and location, and the electricity situation.

(1) (2) (3) ... (682) (683) (684) (685) (686) (687) (688) ... (706) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.