Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,881 members, 7,828,132 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (688) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1788806 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (685) (686) (687) (688) (689) (690) (691) ... (698) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Workch: 6:25pm On Jan 21
Enugu state thread has never been this cold. Does it mean that nothing is happening?
Enugu is dear to my heart, the eastern capital, what's Mbah doing?

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Workch: 7:51pm On Jan 21
Nigercity:
Mbah is trying in Enugu for sure
But I keep wondering why
There's no pictures about his works in Enugu
Maybe because majority of the people don't like him, and the are praying for supreme court to eject him from the seat
If he's actually doing anythjng, Digitron will post the pictures and we will see it on Twitter.
The fact that we are not seeing pictures is because he's doing nothing
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 9:09am On Jan 22
Workch:
If he's actually doing anythjng, Digitron will post the pictures and we will see it on Twitter.

Nothing is happening for now
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ofodirinwa: 12:13am On Jan 23
Workch:
Enugu state thread has never been this cold. Does it mean that nothing is happening?
Enugu is dear to my heart, the eastern capital, what's Mbah doing?

Enugu Ebonyi and Abia people don't seem interested in this kind of thread

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by oilykid(m): 4:50pm On Jan 26
Lots of constructions are currently going on in enugu simultaneously, smart schools and hospitals are currently being built in some local govts. Work have resumed on the international conference center and bus terminals are about to start being built. Mbah Media team are not doing much in posting some of these things tho
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by RIVERS1stson: 5:06pm On Jan 26
All these projects are they ghosts ? No one has ordinary phone in Enugu state to capture all these lies you listed ?

Enugu is a failed state. Most roads in Enugu are substandard. Leadership in Enugu state is failure from chimaroke to Sullivan , gburu gburu and now the election thief there now that has nothing to show except propaganda

Enugu state government should learn from Anambra and Soludo in delivering standard projects.

oilykid:
Lots of constructions are currently going on in enugu simultaneously, smart schools and hospitals are currently being built in some local govts. Work have resumed on the international conference center and bus terminals are about to start being built. Mbah Media team are not doing much in posting some of these things tho

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by RIVERS1stson: 5:08pm On Jan 26
Mbah should go for tutoring in Anambra so that Soludo will tutor him.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by RIVERS1stson: 5:09pm On Jan 26
Enugu has continued to be a backward state because there’s no opposition in the state

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by RIVERS1stson: 5:14pm On Jan 26
Mbah should equally go to abia to learn from Otti. Enugu has become a failed state with almost non existent infrastructure. Most infrastructures in Enugu are substandard, most roads are dilapidated sandy muddy

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Baseinteriors(f): 5:35pm On Jan 26
Available as seen
Chat us on 08067078858
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ofodirinwa: 6:14pm On Jan 26
RIVERS1stson:
Mbah should equally go to abia to learn from Otti. Enugu has become a failed state with almost non existent infrastructure. Most infrastructures in Enugu are substandard, most roads are dilapidated sandy muddy

Chino, I didn' tknow you were a fan of Otti lol

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by RIVERS1stson: 6:17pm On Jan 26
Ikengawo focus on the message

Ofodirinwa:

Chino, I didn' tknow you were a fan of Otti lol

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ofodirinwa: 6:18pm On Jan 26
RIVERS1stson:
Ikengawo focus on the message

I'm just surprised you like Otti, it seems you are growing as a man

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by PROUDIGBO(m): 6:20pm On Jan 26
RIVERS1stson:
Mbah should go for tutoring in Anambra so that Soludo will tutor him.

You ARE joking right!?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by RIVERS1stson: 6:22pm On Jan 26
Tell us what Mbah has done so far ? Absolutely nothing so he needs a session with Soludo

PROUDIGBO:

You ARE joking right!?

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by RIVERS1stson: 6:24pm On Jan 26
Enugu state polities is embedded in heavy propaganda no wonder the state is backward . No one is here kicking or asking what’s the government doing ? Once in a while one otimkpu will pop in to list some ghost ongoing projects
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by oilykid(m): 6:39pm On Jan 26
RIVERS1stson:
All these projects are they ghosts ? No one has ordinary phone in Enugu state to capture all these lies you listed ?

Enugu is a failed state. Most roads in Enugu are substandard. Leadership in Enugu state is failure from chimaroke to Sullivan , gburu gburu and now the election thief there now that has nothing to show except propaganda

Enugu state government should learn from Anambra and Soludo in delivering standard projects.

Chino, take a rest already

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by RIVERS1stson: 6:41pm On Jan 26
Focus on the message . That people don’t tell you this bitter truth is the reason Enugu is such a useless town . What’s your governor doing , show us projects

oilykid:

Chino, take a rest already

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by melodyogonna(m): 1:13pm On Jan 27
Workch:
Una dey always make person laugh for here. Alright - https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/10/eyes-on-mbah-as-he-begins-new-enugu-city/ here is a link, you can try to find of those projects and verify whether they're being worked on or not. The projects had a problem in that they had wildly optimistic deadlines, something that I noticed. The road being constructed around my area, the drainage has not even been completed. The old existing asphalt was broken and scrapped, tractors are working morning til evening, but so far what we've seen is a great amount of dust. Who do you expect to snap something like that? I've said it before, when they finish (if they finish) photos will be posted. The government themselves will do it.

I'm not about to go stand in the dust taking photos to show Peter Mbah is working, though I would think that some sort of project should be going on in most parts of Enugu.

Roads were awarded, I believe schools are being built as well, water pipes are being laid, investments are being sort (two partnerships were announced this week).

I don't think any new project have been awarded this year sha

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by melodyogonna(m): 1:16pm On Jan 27
oilykid:
Mehn, I'm starting to think that many people for this thread no dey stay for Enugu. This place wey people dey complain say too many things dey happen simultaneously na where people dey tell me say nothing is going on

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Workch: 1:18pm On Jan 27
melodyogonna:

Una dey always make person laugh for here. Alright - https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/10/eyes-on-mbah-as-he-begins-new-enugu-city/ here is a link, you can try to find of those projects and verify whether they're being worked on or not. The projects had a problem in that they had wildly optimistic deadlines, something that I noticed. The road being constructed around my area, the drainage has not even been completed. The old existing asphalt was broken and scrapped, tractors are working morning til evening, but so far what we've seen is a great amount of dust. Who do you expect to snap something like that? I've said it before, when they finish (if they finish) photos will be posted. The government themselves will do it.

I'm not about to go stand in the dust taking photos to show Peter Mbah is working, though I would think that some sort of project should be going on in most parts of Enugu.

Roads were awarded, I believe schools are being built as well, water pipes are being laid, investments are being sort (two partnerships were announced this week).

I don't think any new project have been awarded this year sha
Alright, let me just exercise patience
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by melodyogonna(m): 1:32pm On Jan 27
Workch:
Alright, let me just exercise patience
Yeah fingers crossed. Otti got some constructions completed, but Otti started months before Peter Mbah as well.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Phantomhilz: 5:06pm On Jan 27
melodyogonna:

Yeah fingers crossed. Otti got some constructions completed, but Otti started months before Peter Mbah as well.

I think everyone here can agree on something,
Mbah has seriously underperformed. We were hoping that he'll focus on Enugu urban & attempt to make Enugu better, but we can't point to a thing that he has done.

A tale of two governors, from the private sector Otti & Mbah. Sworn in the same day,& you can notice a stark contrast between the two. Within 8 months Enugu has been stagnant while Abia is already on the move.

Sometimes I ask my self what exactly is mbah doing? I even try to make excuses for him that he's just new in govt, but this was a former commissioner that should understand the workings of governance better than Otti but it doesn't seem to be so.

The remaining good roads In Enugu urban are already getting bad. Heavy duty vehicles now ply the inner city roads causing gridlocks everywhere. A typical 20 minute journey now takes one hour or even more during the rush hours.

A normal government would have started constructing alternate roads & bridges immediately after that bridge collapse, connecting premier layout to emene express & from independence layout to new Haven to extension.

Accessing abakpa- ugwogo is now harder, because while MTN are constructing the Onitsha expressway,the inner roads were just destroyed in the guise of construction. Leaving commuters to few roads thereby causing 'go slow'.

Dhamija is bad, dental road is bad ugbene 2 road is even worse,alulu abandoned. If these roads were good there would be no need to drive to t junction. Imagine abakpa with all its population using one road.

Amechi with a single lane, the gridlock is so frustrating,so i ask again what exactly is mbah doing?

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by melodyogonna(m): 8:38pm On Jan 27
Phantomhilz:

I think everyone here can agree on something,
Mbah has seriously underperformed. We were hoping that he'll focus on Enugu urban & attempt to make Enugu better, but we can't point to a thing that he has done.

A tale of two governors, from the private sector Otti & Mbah. Sworn in the same day,& you can notice a stark contrast between the two. Within 8 months Enugu has been stagnant while Abia is already on the move.

Sometimes I ask my self what exactly is mbah doing? I even try to make excuses for him that he's just new in govt, but this was a former commissioner that should understand the workings of governance better than Otti but it doesn't seem to be so.

The remaining good roads In Enugu urban are already getting bad. Heavy duty vehicles now ply the inner city roads causing gridlocks everywhere. A typical 20 minute journey now takes one hour or even more during the rush hours.

A normal government would have started constructing alternate roads & bridges immediately after that bridge collapse, connecting premier layout to emene express & from independence layout to new Haven to extension.

Accessing abakpa- ugwogo is now harder, because while MTN are constructing the Onitsha expressway,the inner roads were just destroyed in the guise of construction. Leaving commuters to few roads thereby causing 'go slow'.

Dhamija is bad, dental road is bad ugbene 2 road is even worse,alulu abandoned. If these roads were good there would be no need to drive to t junction. Imagine abakpa with all its population using one road.

Amechi with a single lane, the gridlock is so frustrating,so i ask again what exactly is mbah doing?
There is a problem sha, you seem to consider roads as the only sign of work.
Another issue is that you're complaining about traffic because of all the work happening but also advocating for more roads. You just said the existing inner roads have all been broken, yet also saying even more should have undergone the same treatment to ease traffic.

Anyway, the solution I see is that they need to double down on these existing constructions and finish them make we see whether traffic will ease.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by melodyogonna(m): 8:42pm On Jan 27
I don't know about the underperforming part sha. If anything I'll say he is doing too much by blocking so many roads at the same time. Enugu state also has an issue of having terrible road network, I would not have known this was the case if I wasn't in Anambra few weeks ago and saw how all the roads are interlinked at every juncture.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by asha80(m): 8:53pm On Jan 27
melodyogonna:
I don't know about the underperforming part sha. If anything I'll say he is doing too much by blocking so many roads at the same time. Enugu state also has an issue of having terrible road network, I would not have known this was the case if I wasn't in Anambra few weeks ago and saw how all the roads are interlinked at every juncture.
rural enugu needs extensive road network

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Phantomhilz: 3:45pm On Jan 28
melodyogonna:

There is a problem sha, you seem to consider roads as the only sign of work.
Another issue is that you're complaining about traffic because of all the work happening but also advocating for more roads. You just said the existing inner roads have all been broken, yet also saying even more should have undergone the same treatment to ease traffic.

Anyway, the solution I see is that they need to double down on these existing constructions and finish them make we see whether traffic will ease.

I don't consider roads as the only sign of work,at the same time we have to tell ourselves the truth.

I've been in Enugu throughout last week & I've been asking what exactly is he doing?

There's no water in Enugu, what they did was largely cosmetic because there's actually no water, people still buy water or use wells.

Imagine 'water galleries' in this modern times,this is Enugu for God's sake & not one rural state like that. Former capital of Eastern region,Imagine that disgrace.

Is it now security? People were kidnapped in uzo-uwani last week,isi Uzo was in the news recently for an attack.

Enugu deserves better!

The flag off was in October & since then they've not completed a single road. I want you to understand something,both Otti & mbah came in the same day.

If you can't complete a road on time don't bother spoiling it. From what I've seen,they dug gutters & left it. Enugu urban has a very good road network but the roads are not tarred.

Do you know there's a road from golf phase2 to new-gra down to Nike area,near that federal government estate. Very large residential area but low population because of bad roads.

If he's not interested in working the roads immediately, don't spoil the existing ones. The only road currently under construction is that Onitsha expressway & it's not done by the state.

Please eh if there's any thing he has done that we are not seeing please say.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by melodyogonna(m): 5:09pm On Jan 28
Phantomhilz:

I don't consider roads as the only sign of work,at the same time we have to tell ourselves the truth.

I've been in Enugu throughout last week & I've been asking what exactly is he doing?

There's no water in Enugu, what they did was largely cosmetic because there's actually no water, people still buy water or use wells.

Imagine 'water galleries' in this modern times,this is Enugu for God's sake & not one rural state like that. Former capital of Eastern region,Imagine that disgrace.

Is it now security? People were kidnapped in uzo-uwani last week,isi Uzo was in the news recently for an attack.

Enugu deserves better!

The flag off was in October & since then they've not completed a single road. I want you to understand something,both Otti & mbah came in the same day.

If you can't complete a road on time don't bother spoiling it. From what I've seen,they dug gutters & left it. Enugu urban has a very good road network but the roads are not tarred.

Do you know there's a road from golf phase2 to new-gra down to Nike area,near that federal government estate. Very large residential area but low population because of bad roads.

If he's not interested in working the roads immediately, don't spoil the existing ones. The only road currently under construction is that Onitsha expressway & it's not done by the state.

Please eh if there's any thing he has done that we are not seeing please say.
I have issues with how long the roads are taking, saying they're not being worked on is a stretch sha. Water has been a problem in Enugu for more than 20 years, I don't know why you're bringing that up seeing as Peter Mbah is proactively trying to fix it. So people without water connection to their homes, what should they do? Is the government supposed to connect to their homes for them? The gallery seems an easy temporal solution.

I don't know about the kidnapping sha, not that kidnapping isn't happening everywhere in Nigeria now, in fact Enugu seems to be among the least affected states.

But omo, all this na talk. If everyone says they can't see anything I should probably start re-evaluating what I see, maybe my standards dey too low or I dey fall for propaganda
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nigercity: 1:44pm On Jan 29
Ttipsy:
Enugu is the best city in Igbo land following closely by Owerri.
Below are pictures of owerri
I know you are pained to accept the truth.

In terms of beauty
Enugu, owerri, Abakiliki
Are not just the best in South East but among the best in Nigeria!

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nigercity: 1:45pm On Jan 29
Ttipsy:
Enugu is the best city in Igbo land following closely by Owerri.
Below are pictures of owerri
I know you are pained to accept the truth.

In terms of beauty
Enugu, owerri, Abakiliki
Are not just the best in South East but among the best in Nigeria!

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nigercity: 1:46pm On Jan 29
Nsukka city

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nigercity: 1:47pm On Jan 29
Images from
nsukka town
Enugu

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (685) (686) (687) (688) (689) (690) (691) ... (698) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.