Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,588 members, 7,812,913 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:18 PM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (694) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1780924 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (691) (692) (693) (694) (695) (696) (697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by signz: 1:34pm On Apr 11
I am happy for Airpeace and I pray competition doesn't force him out of the London - Lagos route.

However, do you guys think that the success of Airpeace might affect the use of Enugu Int Airport?

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 2:21pm On Apr 11
signz:
I am happy for Airpeace and I pray competition doesn't force him out of the London - Lagos route.

However, do you guys think that the success of Airpeace might affect the use of Enugu Int Airport?

embarassed

A kindergarten question shocked
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ofodirinwa: 5:30pm On Apr 11
I believe gradually he will open London to Enugu, but politics will have to permit, which I don't believe the will under Tinubu. Though Ndiigbo as a whole have to begin utilizing the power of lawsuits against the government when the come with their nonsense. Otti threatened to sue the Federal Government over the lack of a port. Lets see where it goes, but if it's enough pressure then others should follow

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by melodyogonna(m): 6:42pm On Apr 16
signz:

Affect how?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ttipsy(f): 6:55pm On Apr 16
Ofodirinwa:
I believe gradually he will open London to Enugu, but politics will have to permit, which I don't believe the will under Tinubu. Though Ndiigbo as a whole have to begin utilizing the power of lawsuits against the government when the come with their nonsense. Otti threatened to sue the Federal Government over the lack of a port. Lets see where it goes, but if it's enough pressure then others should follow
That will be good news
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by LOVEALAIGBO: 9:40pm On Apr 16
I complained a few weeks ago about how dirty parts of Enugu looked....esp' Agbani road! So i clicked on this clip more in hope than expectation of seeing a marked improvement in sanitation levels of the city! I'm pleasantly surprised at the vast improvements shown! The roads look well swept and clear of sand/dust/sediment, and the gutters are cleared of rubbish! Also, there's a noticeable effort put into maintaining the greenery on the median and roadsides. The Agbani road i complained about looks cleaner too! So the state gov't is to be commended on this!

In the past when anyone wants to show Enugu, they always focus on Indepence layout, which being a GRA and highbrow area is expected to be neat, besides that, it doesn't really represent Enugu seeing as it's only about 10% of the entire city!

The areas that need a little more work are: the traffic and street lights that are vandalised of dead need to be attended to; the state gov't should ensure all trafic lights are obeyed...they're not installed just for fancy; greenery on the medians need to be nurtured and maintained a bit better as there are quite a lot of bald/patchy spots; and it looks like the road markings are fading on some roads. Besides these few minor issues, everything else looks ok!

Courtesy Ella Splendour: https://www.youtube.com/@EllaSplendor-kn3uu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uw4X7xnsDm4?si=jKZLP8ZIFq_nrd_c

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by melodyogonna(m): 7:01pm On Apr 18
LOVEALAIGBO:
I complained a few weeks ago about how dirty parts of Enugu looked....esp' Agbani road! So i clicked on this clip more in hope than expectation of seeing a marked improvement in sanitation levels of the city! I'm pleasantly surprised at the vast improvements shown! The roads look well swept and clear of sand/dust/sediment, and the gutters are cleared of rubbish! Also, there's a noticeable effort put into maintaining the greenery on the median and roadsides. The Agbani road i complained about looks cleaner too! So the state gov't is to be commended on this!

In the past when anyone wants to show Enugu, they always focus on Indepence layout, which being a GRA and highbrow area is expected to be neat, besides that, it doesn't really represent Enugu seeing as it's only about 10% of the entire city!

The areas that need a little more work are: the traffic and street lights that are vandalised of dead need to be attended to; the state gov't should ensure all trafic lights are obeyed...they're not installed just for fancy; greenery on the medians need to be nurtured and maintained a bit better as there are quite a lot of bald/patchy spots; and it looks like the road markings are fading on some roads. Besides these few minor issues, everything else looks ok!

Courtesy Ella Splendour: https://www.youtube.com/@EllaSplendor-kn3uu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uw4X7xnsDm4?si=jKZLP8ZIFq_nrd_c

I hope they bring some of the sanitation to Abakpa. Most places still lack proper waste management

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Objectivist04: 7:57pm On Apr 18
melodyogonna:

I hope they bring some of the sanitation to Abakpa. Most places still lack proper waste management
ESWAMA collects levy from Abakpa residents and shop owners but they don't operate in the area and still nobody asks questions.
The injustice in this country no be here

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ottersberger(m): 8:10pm On Apr 18
Digitron:
Ndi Enugu, we are back on track!

Question for you, what's the story with the 180 days water promise?. Was that a campaign April fool, because Ndi Enugu city are still paying and praying for water.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 11:48am On Apr 19
ottersberger:

Question for you, what's the story with the 180 days water promise?. Was that a campaign April fool, because Ndi Enugu city are still paying and praying for water.

Mbah trusted an Austrian who did a poor job in estimating the amount of work to be done.

The challenge with Enugu water problem is a huge one that will take about 30 months from now to get water to all parts of Enugu.

Currently, the production part has been solved (We are producing about 2 million litres of water daily).

The challenge now is distribution. Transmitting water from 9th mile to all parts of Enugu will involve changing most pipes and pumps which is expensive and time consuming but we will get it done

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 11:50am On Apr 19
Dem don dey change mouth

This is why people voted against pdp in Enugu. Party of failures

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 2:05pm On Apr 19
Digitron:

Mbah trusted an Austrian who did a poor job in estimating the amount of work to be done.

The challenge with Enugu water problem is a huge one that will take about 30 months from now to get water to all parts of Enugu.

Currently, the production part has been solved (We are producing about 2 million litres of water daily).

The challenge now is distribution. Transmitting water from 9th mile to all parts of Enugu will involve changing most pipes and pumps which is expensive and time consuming but we will get it done

When we say some of the decisions of that man is myopic and reeks of complex issues, you guys we say we are just here to hate on him... Thank God you agreed that that Austrian failed, but has the man been relieved of that position for a more competent person? undecided

Just like he appointed a man from Lagos to head ESBS, what has that man achieved with ESBS since he took up that appointment? undecided

Mbah just want to be seen as a pan-Nigerian or a man that is more 'exposed' instead of a 'local' boy who can tackle our local issues holistically undecided.

I keep saying it, just as I told you last year, that Edeoga's option for water crisis in Enugu is the best options for now because Enugu has expanded beyond that scope of being served by industrial boreholes. The options of also damming streams and rivers around, treating, storing then distribution.

I just hope Mba will retrace his steps in Enugu State and focus on the state's development squarely and stop or pay deaf ears to petty politics. That's why Sullivan will keep being remembered for long in Enugu...

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 2:06pm On Apr 19
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
Dem don dey change mouth

This is why people voted against pdp in Enugu. Party of failures

No mind them, we tell them last year ooo
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by oilykid(m): 6:12pm On Apr 19
christejames:

When we say some of the decisions of that man is myopic and reeks of complex issues, you guys we say we are just here to hate on him... Thank God you agreed that that Austrian failed, but has the man been relieved of that position for a more competent person? undecided

Just like he appointed a man from Lagos to head ESBS, what has that man achieved with ESBS since he took up that appointment? undecided

Mbah just want to be seen as a pan-Nigerian or a man that is more 'exposed' instead of a 'local' boy who can tackle our local issues holistically undecided.

I keep saying it, just as I told you last year, that Edeoga's option for water crisis in Enugu is the best options for now because Enugu has expanded beyond that scope of being served by industrial boreholes. The options of also damming streams and rivers around, treating, storing then distribution.

I just hope Mba will retrace his steps in Enugu State and focus on the state's development squarely and stop or pay deaf ears to petty politics. That's why Sullivan will keep being remembered for long in Enugu...
How many streams do you have around enugu to that and don't you know that it will be capital intensive?

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by oilykid(m): 6:13pm On Apr 19
Digitron:

Any update on any major project currently in enugu..
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Goldensword: 6:38pm On Apr 19
oilykid:

Any update on any major project currently in enugu..
I don't think there's even any major projects ongoing now in Enugu metropolis apart from the street road constructions, the water project seems abandoned now.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 6:44pm On Apr 19
If there's update you will be seeing it here. Not over edited drone picture of 9th mile and miliken hill they're spamming here

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 6:46pm On Apr 19
oilykid:

How many streams do you have around enugu to that and don't you know that it will be capital intensive?

Do you know the billions of naira spent at 9th Mile by Mba? undecided
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by melodyogonna(m): 7:16pm On Apr 19
Digitron:

I always knew the 6 months stuff was impossible, still, I was impressed seeing him try hard. It's one thing to promise and only nonchalantly try to accomplish it, it's another to try really hard only to see your initial estimate was not based in reality. I still see a lot of water projects going on

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by oilykid(m): 8:14pm On Apr 19
christejames:

Do you know the billions of naira spent at 9th Mile by Mba? undecided
This current method is less cheaper that's why it's being used

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by oilykid(m): 8:19pm On Apr 19
Goldensword:

I don't think there's even any major projects ongoing now in Enugu metropolis apart from the street road constructions, the water project seems abandoned now.
There is tho.
Enugu international wing and cargo section is currently on going
ICC is currently being completed
Smart schools and primary health care centers are currently being built
Enugu modern security control center is on going
Road constructions are currently on going in the new enugu city
Heard that Sugimoto wants to build a rice farm estate and cement factory. Don't know how serious they are.

Then, enugu logistics hubs and modern bus terminals, I don't know the status of the projects.

Those are the ones I know of

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by oilykid(m): 8:25pm On Apr 19
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
If there's update you will be seeing it here. Not over edited drone picture of 9th mile and miliken hill they're spamming here
Alot is going on including the water project
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ThirdWorldThug: 8:36pm On Apr 19
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
Chai
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ThirdWorldThug: 8:44pm On Apr 19
oilykid:

There is tho.
Heard that Sugimoto wants to build a rice farm estate and cement factory. Don't know how serious they are.

Then, enugu logistics hubs and modern bus terminals, I don't know the status of the projects.

Where are the pictures? Or you "heard that Sujimoto wants to build a rice farm estate and cement factory" the ongoing projects of the Enugu State government? This is by far the worst regime in the entire history of Enugu State.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Objectivist04: 9:05pm On Apr 19
oilykid:

There is tho.

Defending this man will be difficult, he promised 10000kms of road in 8 years and that is 10250kms per year but as I am typing, no major road is under construction in Enugu state.
When he was campaigning and in his victory speech, he kept mentioning about dualization of Nike road bus as I am typing, that road is deteriorating because he couldn't even patch it as Gburugburu used to do every December.
He also talked about dualizing Abakalili road from emene flyover to Ebonyi boundary, what about the double lane he promised to construct from enugu to ehamufu in isiuzo.
By next month his administration will clock 1 year but unfortunately he will have nothing to show. Total road done in one year less than 100km .
A lot of his projects are abandoned, I just pray we don't miss Gburugburu

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Objectivist04: 9:06pm On Apr 19
oilykid:

There is tho.

Defending this man will be difficult, he promised 10000kms of road in 8 years and that is 1250kms per year but as I am typing, no major road is under construction in Enugu state.
When he was campaigning and in his victory speech, he kept mentioning about dualization of Nike road bus as I am typing, that road is deteriorating because he couldn't even patch it as Gburugburu used to do every December.
He also talked about dualizing Abakalili road from emene flyover to Ebonyi boundary, what about the double lane he promised to construct from enugu to ehamufu in isiuzo.
By next month his administration will clock 1 year but unfortunately he will have nothing to show. Total road done in one year less than 100km .

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by oilykid(m): 9:15pm On Apr 19
Objectivist04:

Defending this man will be difficult, he promised 10000kms of road in 8 years and that is 10250kms per year but as I am typing, no major road is under construction in Enugu state.
I'm not defending him in any way. Many road projects are currently on going in enugu. Let's watch and see how this year tines out.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by oilykid(m): 9:16pm On Apr 19
ThirdWorldThug:

Where are the pictures? Or you "heard that Sujimoto wants to build a rice farm estate and cement factory" the ongoing projects of the Enugu State government? This is by far the worst regime in the entire history of Enugu State.
Pictures are everywhere on Twitter
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Objectivist04: 9:34pm On Apr 19
oilykid:

Pictures are everywhere on Twitter
Again, the few projects he has completed comes in substandard manner, no reputable construction company is handling any road in Enugu.
Mba was handed over a better governed state compared to Otti but while Otti hit the ground running, Mba became confused.

I always fear any bleaching governor, like Mba like uzodimma like Dapo Abiodun

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 10:06pm On Apr 19
oilykid:

This current method is less cheaper that's why it's being used

Less cheaper, but is it sustainable and more efficient?

Abakaliki has dam with reservoir that is reticulated which supplies the city water... We can do better. During my school days we visited the dam on field work, a small dam but still serving a nice purpose.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 10:24pm On Apr 19
Dem go explain tire. I remember when Spyder was throwing subtle shot at Gburus... But dude has disappeared now. What happened to the dual carriageway he promised from abakpa Nike-Ugwuogo-Opi junction..?

Even the street lights on the major roads ain't working

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 11:26pm On Apr 19
You guys should chill.

We we get it right.

There are many projects ongoing.

There is a smart school project ongoing in almost all communities.

Enugu water project is still ongoing

International conference centre is being completed

New Enugu City is coming up.

Keep faith with Peter Mbah

(1) (2) (3) ... (691) (692) (693) (694) (695) (696) (697) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.