Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,402 members, 7,812,179 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:36 AM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (692) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1780663 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (689) (690) (691) (692) (693) (694) (695) ... (697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by melodyogonna(m): 11:44am On Mar 11
Digitron:
Proposed Abakpa, Central Park
Interesting. Where is the particular proposed location? I think this is nice, there is far too much congestion in Abakpa

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by melodyogonna(m): 11:45am On Mar 11
Nigercity:
Forget the media hate mbah dey try
Like I said before. How I know somebody is not in Enugu is "Mbah is doing nothing"
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by melodyogonna(m): 11:46am On Mar 11
christejames:

Very poor apart from the Trans-Ekulu section, the company handling that should be encouraged and maintained by awarding more roads to them.
The company handling the college road is particularly terrible. I don't understand if they're getting paid or not

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by melodyogonna(m): 11:54am On Mar 11
One thing the Mbah administration needs to take more seriously is sanitation and waste management

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Jessyjeff: 12:24pm On Mar 11
oilykid:

Ok.. what the new enugu city project. Any updates on them
I am not in Enugu. I have no clue on what's happening there. I read in the news last week about dozens of pigs and thousands of chickens destroyed by Enugu state government agency at Nchatancha, Nike, in a bid to drive people away from " new Enugu territory".

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by oilykid(m): 1:43pm On Mar 11
Jessyjeff:
I am not in Enugu. I have no clue on what's happening there. I read in the news last week about dozens of pigs and thousands of chickens destroyed by Enugu state government agency at Nchatancha, Nike, in a bid to drive people away from " new Enugu territory".
Ok

@ slimthugchimee2, any update on the new enugu city
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Objectivist04: 7:10pm On Mar 12
slimthugchimee2:

Most of those roads are inner street roads with little to no traffic

They are thesame level of roads that Sullivan constructed

A lot of those roads are major roads but looks substandard.

Trans ekulu road is a major road
Nowas to Abakpa is a major road
Amechi flyover is a major road
Idaw river road is a major road meant to evacuate traffic from Agbani road
College road is a major road, infact this is the only completed work from this administration that I have seen and there is nothing to cheer about it, asphalted be looking black, rough finishing with no markings.
Just look at the completed roads at coal camp , they lack esthetics,. Ugwuanyi's roads are finer than these not to talk about Sullivan.

The same Eketeson that did fine job for Ugwuanyi from last bus stop Abakpa to Nkwo Nike is now doing rubbish for Mba maybe due to low contract sum or lack of supervision .
Yes he is doing lots of roads but they lack quality.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by slimthugchimee2(m): 7:56pm On Mar 12
Objectivist04:

A lot of those roads are major roads but looks substandard.

Trans ekulu road is a major road
Nowas to Abakpa is a major road
Amechi flyover is a major road
Idaw river road is a major road meant to evacuate traffic from Agbani road
College road is a major road, infact this is the only completed work from this administration that I have seen and there is nothing to cheer about it, asphalted be looking black, rough finishing with no markings.
Just look at the completed roads at coal camp , they lack esthetics,. Ugwuanyi's roads are finer than these not to talk about Sullivan.

The same Eketeson that did fine job for Ugwuanyi from last bus stop Abakpa to Nkwo Nike is now doing rubbish for Mba maybe due to low contract sum or lack of supervision .
Yes he is doing lots of roads but they lack quality.

Everywhere you mentioned, I know them and none of them are major roads

Apart from the one near trans ekulu

Infact college road is the street opposite our street
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Objectivist04: 9:06pm On Mar 12
slimthugchimee2:

Everywhere you mentioned, I know them and none of them are major roads

Apart from the one near trans ekulu

Infact college road is the street opposite our street

So nowas to Abakpa is a street , to ight ? During Sullivan era, such roads comes with side walk , apart from college road I and idaw river road I don't think any of these roads are up to one kilometer yet they can't do a good job. By the way where is he getting his alshphat because I don't understand their looks.
Finished work Will be looking like a work in progress

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 9:34am On Mar 13
Objectivist04:

So nowas to Abakpa is a street , to ight ? During Sullivan era, such roads comes with side walk , apart from college road I and idaw river road I don't think any of these roads are up to one kilometer yet they can't do a good job. By the way where is he getting his alshphat because I don't understand their looks.
Finished work Will be looking like a work in progress

Terrible bro!

Eketeson have their alshphat plant in Enugu ooo, so I'm surprised... This is a new company that should make a difference.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by melodyogonna(m): 10:28am On Mar 13
christejames:

Terrible bro!

Eketeson have their alshphat plant in Enugu ooo, so I'm surprised... This is a new company that should make a difference.
Is that the Asphalt plant Mbah administration was waiting for before commencing construction?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Objectivist04: 12:42pm On Mar 13
christejames:

Terrible bro!

Just as l said earlier, the work they did under Ugwuanyi was ok, they also did the housing road that is the road that passes in front of St Cyprian at Abakpa but St Cyprian's road is not as solid as the one they did for the government which was because it was done by an individual ((Arthur Eze) for the church and quite understandable but this particular one they are doing for Mba no be am .
Another thing l have noticed about Eketeson is that they are good in delaying their work and to think that the owner of the company is a Nike man even make me more angry at their approach to work.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 1:23pm On Mar 13
Objectivist04:

Just as l said earlier, the work they did under Ugwuanyi was ok, they also did the housing road that is the road that passes in front of St Cyprian at Abakpa but St Cyprian's road is not as solid as the one they did for the government which was because it was done by an individual ((Arthur Eze) for the church and quite understandable but this particular one they are doing for Mba no be am .
Another thing l have noticed about Eketeson is that they are good in delaying their work and to think that the owner of the company is a Nike man even make me more angry at their approach to work.

Very sad...

If it demands them requesting for more money to provide better services they should do it and stop cutting corners
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 1:26pm On Mar 13
melodyogonna:

Is that the Asphalt plant Mbah administration was waiting for before commencing construction?

The Asphalt plant was inaugurated by the govt of Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi in 2022, the company should have gone farther than this.

I don't know why the govt is not awarding contracts to another great indeginous company Akiota Works; those guys are good to details when working, their work and UNN campuses and its environs speaks for themselves.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by melodyogonna(m): 2:27pm On Mar 13
christejames:

The Asphalt plant was inaugurated by the govt of Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi in 2022, the company should have gone farther than this.

I don't know why the govt is not awarding contracts to another great indeginous company Akiota Works; those guys are good to details when working, their work and UNN campuses and its environs speaks for themselves.
Hmm. Before all the construction started the governor's media aide said on Twitter that part of the delay was because they were investing in asphalt and bitumen first. Maybe they invested in this company and others

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Objectivist04: 3:20pm On Mar 13
melodyogonna:

Hmm. Before all the construction started the governor's media aide said on Twitter that part of the delay was because they were investing in asphalt and bitumen first. Maybe they invested in this company and others

Lol, their major reason for the delay was rain, saying that they want rain to stop before they start work because they want to do quality works but we are not seeing the quality works

Even Gburugburu hit the ground running immediately he was sworn in and delivered quality projects within first few months in office.

Note that I am using Gburugburu as an example because he was adjudged as the worst governor since 1999.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 12:25pm On Mar 16
All you know about Enugu new city

https://new.enugustate.gov.ng/
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 12:26pm On Mar 16
Keyetta-Timber road project.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by slimthugchimee2(m): 2:06pm On Mar 16
Digitron:

Finally this place is being fixed, not that nonsense ugwuanyi did there
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 2:15pm On Mar 16
Digitron:

Looking so shoddy cry

All these shovel and digger contractors sef!

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Objectivist04: 4:15pm On Mar 16
Digitron:
Is kenyata road dualized or what am I seeing here
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by slimthugchimee2(m): 8:15pm On Mar 16
Objectivist04:

Is kenyata road dualized or what am I seeing here

Ugwuanyi instead of repairing the road, carried those rubbishes to demarcate the road
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Objectivist04: 9:18pm On Mar 16
slimthugchimee2:

Ugwuanyi instead of repairing the road, carried those rubbishes to demarcate the road
That demarcation should be removed, the road is not wide enough for that.
Ugwuanyi is the most useless governor ever.
He did the same thing at university road in nsukka by demarcating a tiny road ,
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by melodyogonna(m): 10:38am On Mar 17
christejames:

Looking so shoddy cry

All these shovel and digger contractors sef!
lmfao.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by oilykid(m): 5:43pm On Mar 17
New enugu city project being handled by CECC.

Serious road constructions already on going

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Trollronaldo: 7:40am On Mar 18
oilykid:
New enugu city project being handled by CECC.

Serious road constructions already on going

talk is cheap

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by oilykid(m): 10:29am On Mar 18
Trollronaldo:
talk is cheap
Work is currently going on there. It's being handled by cecc group. It's no joke. Sujimotos is also planning something big there too. Let's just watch and see

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by igwebuike01: 10:33am On Mar 18
oilykid:

Work is currently going on there. It's being handled by cecc group. It's no joke. Sujimotos is also planning something big there too. Let's just watch and see
Pictures or it didn't happen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by oilykid(m): 11:13am On Mar 18
igwebuike01:

Pictures or it didn't happen
https://twitter.com/Henroo121/status/1767235948775964801?t=YDpoFDsSTM3Hd46XrfvjUA&s=19

Kindly go through that Twitter handle and see for urself
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by melodyogonna(m): 9:13am On Mar 19
Who knows anything about the Cassava plantation and ethanol program this Governor was working on?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by melodyogonna(m): 9:14am On Mar 19
Trollronaldo:
talk is cheap
It should be obvious by now that this governor doesn't just talk, but Gburu's has made everybody weary
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ofodirinwa: 6:36pm On Mar 25
Enugu 1

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (689) (690) (691) (692) (693) (694) (695) ... (697) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.