Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,668 members, 7,955,418 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:47 AM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (100) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1843148 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) ... (714) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Eifeh(m): 10:28pm On Jan 21, 2013
spyder880: I don't know who said Sullivan works only in Enugu urban. I traveled to my village this morning and found out that this village road at Emudo Nenwe, leading to my village is already tarred.
ya that is my home town, from Nenwe junction to mghowo has been tarred since may 2011 with solar plant, sulli sulli best enugu gorvenor so far, my man i need picture for d main road thank you sir
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 10:40pm On Jan 21, 2013
Eifeh: ya that is my home town, from Nenwe junction to mghowo has been tarred since may 2011 with solar plant, sulli sulli best enugu gorvenor so far, my man i need picture for d main road thank you sir

You guys in Nenwe has given a bribe to Sullivan grin

The new road to Mgbowo is on the right from the express, the new road to Oduma side goes in through Nenwe town on the left of the express and still another new road through the village (pictured today) You guys are lucky man.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by asha80(m): 10:46pm On Jan 21, 2013
spyder880:

The new road to Mgbowo is on the right from the express, the new road to Oduma side goes in through Nenwe town on the left of the express and still another new road through the village (pictured today) You guys are lucky man.

i thought the nemwe-oduma road is a fg road being handled by setraco that was awarded late last year(ekwermadu's influence)?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nightshift(m): 10:52pm On Jan 21, 2013
Sam Milla:

You and afam are both right.
Amechi people from Eke otu area down to obuegu and on call it Nya. Thats is where they get their sands for building.
My town Ihe up to Agbogugu and Ituku call it Nyaba. Meanwhile i want to know where the river joined abia state.
Atavo River(1.2km from 4corner juction)joined and flows with Nyaba River towards Amagunze/Ihuokpara area into Abia state. Or perhaps the area after Amagunze could be in present Ebonyi state. What i know is that it passes Amagunze which is a border town in Enugu state.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by SamMilla1(m): 7:41am On Jan 22, 2013
Nightshift: Atavo River(1.2km from 4corner juction)joined and flows with Nyaba River towards Amagunze/Ihuokpara area into Abia state. Or perhaps the area after Amagunze could be in present Ebonyi state. What i know is that it passes Amagunze which is a border town in Enugu state.

Where did this Atavo river cross the major road?

I ruled out 4 corners - udi hill. Ruled out 4corners- awgu route. Ruled out 4corners - agbani route. That leaves us with 4 corners - Garriki route.. I guess its the small river you meet before nyaba bridge. Where did the two rivers join?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Eifeh(m): 1:44pm On Jan 22, 2013
spyder880:

light is now in my village since our former governor spoil it since 1990, we need everyday market and pipe born water constructgon is on now.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nightshift(m): 8:59pm On Jan 22, 2013
Sam Milla:

Where did this Atavo river cross the major road?

I ruled out 4 corners - udi hill. Ruled out 4corners- awgu route. Ruled out 4corners - agbani route. That leaves us with 4 corners - Garriki route.. I guess its the small river you meet before nyaba bridge. Where did the two rivers join?
Bro, it's not a small river as one might think . If you see the powerful current of Atavo during raining season, you will know why it has over decades consumed many lives especially in Southern Nkanu. Some families have also fallen victim to its ravaging floods as well. Atavo gave my home town Akpugo its unique demarcation of Ndiagu and Ndiuno Akpugo, as it runs through the middle of the town on its way to Amagunze. I made a mistake yesterday, Nyaba River joined with Asata River(Nike people call it Ekulu River), not with Atavo River. This joining happened in a place between Obodoo Nike(a big farmland near Eke Obinagu) community and Onichagu- Akpugo. I think the two rivers joining created the biggest freshwater lake in the state sandwiched between Amechi-Idodo, Ubahu and Akpawfu communities in the newly Nkanu East. All these rivers play a big role in our ecosystem. Virtually all the bushmeat consumed in Enugu is supplied by forests and bush farmlands that stretch around those rivers.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nightshift(m): 9:12pm On Jan 22, 2013
All those powerful rivers also play a role in religious belief of Ndigbo. From Asu(Esuu) River at Agbani to Nyaba, shrines were established by many communities to pay respect and offer sacrifices to the different water goddesses inhabiting those rivers.Even some children in Nkanu communities were either dedicated or named after these rivers. In Southern Nkanu, it's not unusual to hear people named 'Nwa Atavo, Nwa Esuu, Nwa Nyaba etc. Whether river worship impacted positively in Igbo culture or not is a different matter.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nightshift(m): 9:22pm On Jan 22, 2013
I wish that Enugu state government opens those great rivers/lakes treasures scattered across the state by constructing good road network to those places. From Adada to Oji Rivers, amongst others; a trip to Akuke will avail one a multi-billion dollars treasure donated to the state by nature. The scenery there is breath-taking; that place could offer Enugu state a Palma de Mallorca(Spanish tourism Havens) kind of a tourist resort. The lake i mentioned earlier is another goldmine. School children should be encouraged to tour those important rivers and lakes. It's a shame that many of us know Lagos more than our home state.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by pazienza(m): 9:56pm On Jan 22, 2013
Nightshift: It's called Nyaba River. It joined Atavo River which runs through some communities in Nkanu, extending into Abia State . There is another one called Aruga by Akwunanaw clans.
I think it's Nyama and not Nyaba like you suggested. I know the area well.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by pazienza(m): 10:05pm On Jan 22, 2013
spyder880: I never thought this road will be done in my lifetime. But whatever touched them to reach this point should please urge them to get to my village at Nomeh Unateze, a mere 2 kilometers away, somebody should please help me tell Sullivan.
You are from Nomeh? Chai! You lots need urgent help,the state of the road in Nomeh was very bad,the last time i went there,Sulli nwamama should do and come back,more work is needed.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by SamMilla1(m): 12:18am On Jan 23, 2013
Nightshift: Bro, it's not a small river as one might think . If you see the powerful current of Atavo during raining season, you will know why it has over decades consumed many lives especially in Southern Nkanu. Some families have also fallen victim to its ravaging floods as well. Atavo gave my home town Akpugo its unique demarcation of Ndiagu and Ndiuno Akpugo, as it runs through the middle of the town on its way to Amagunze. I made a mistake yesterday, Nyaba River joined with Asata River(Nike people call it Ekulu River), not with Atavo River. This joining happened in a place between Obodoo Nike(a big farmland near Eke Obinagu) community and Onichagu- Akpugo. I think the two rivers joining created the biggest freshwater lake in the state sandwiched between Amechi-Idodo, Ubahu,and Akpawfu communities in the newly Nkanu East. All these rivers plays a big role in our ecosystem. Virtually all the bushmeat consumed in Enugu is supplied by forests and bush farmland that stretch around those rivers.

Now you are correct cos i know Nyaba stretched down to Nike/Ekulu area.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nightshift(m): 12:38am On Jan 23, 2013
Sam Milla:

Now you are correct cos i know Nyaba stretched down to Nike/Ekulu area.
I'm sincerely committed to telling the truth about our beloved Enugu state - the melting pot(isi mmiri) Ndigbo. Deme, Nwanne mmadu!!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 8:54am On Jan 24, 2013
Akwata embankment,behind ogbete main market.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by achi4u(m): 11:29am On Jan 24, 2013
^^^
See clean enviroment.

Enugu di OK.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ak47mann(m): 4:16pm On Jan 24, 2013
ENUGU SMALL LONDON cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ezeagu(m): 5:45pm On Jan 24, 2013
Enugu: The small Enugu.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by jikings(m): 7:11pm On Jan 26, 2013
Enjoying this thread....As Nwa 042. Here are a few pics of mine of the Coal City starting with Ebeano Tunnel by Chimaroke ( I'm still wondering if this is the best he could offer his people after spending many years living in the US before becoming State Governor )

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by jikings(m): 7:18pm On Jan 26, 2013
Coal City Buses...Old vs New Generation

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by jikings(m): 7:22pm On Jan 26, 2013
Coal City....100 Years and Still Counting

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by jikings(m): 7:28pm On Jan 26, 2013
Oriri Place

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by jikings(m): 7:34pm On Jan 26, 2013
@Ogbete Main Market..Check Out the Overtaking!

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by jikings(m): 7:40pm On Jan 26, 2013
More of Ogbete....Agidi Jellof & Igboka!..yummm salaivating tongue

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 8:17pm On Jan 26, 2013
jikings: Enjoying this thread....As Nwa 042. Here are a few pics of mine of the Coal City starting with Ebeano Tunnel by Chimaroke ( I'm still wondering if this is the best he could offer his people after spending many years living in the US before becoming State Governor )

To be fair to Chimaroke, he performed above average, maybe not up to Sullivan but he still tried. Aside that tunnel crossing which was a brilliant virgin idea, Chimaroke should be commended for decongesting Enugu urban and pushing development into rural areas.
Of special importance is the relocation of ESUT to Agbani, this move removed thousands of students from Enugu urban and freed flats and hostels for poor families. Chimaroke developed satelite towns like new GRA, Independence layout phase2 and other places. Chimaroke built the ultra modern ESUT teaching hospital (Parklane) and brought the Law school to Agbani.
Chimaroke re energized Enugu politics by introducing brilliant young men into the center of activities, he chose erudite young men of high intelligence to run things, see the list of Chimaroke boys, Ekweremmadu, Frank Nweke jr, Ken Nnamani, Sullivan, Ayogu Eze, Dan Sherre, etc.
Chimaroke has so many negative sides, he overheated the polity with his numerous fights with notable politcians and Men of God. Lastly, Chimarake discovered Sullivan for usgrin

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 11:27pm On Jan 27, 2013
Doing local stuff under the mango tree at Nkwoagu Udi, pammy things grin

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 11:30pm On Jan 27, 2013
It does not hurt to chew one hand of "nchi" and some other bush meat as you drink your pammy cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 11:35pm On Jan 27, 2013
The increasing number of European tourists that come in to drag this local pammy with us might soon hike the price! These people should be paying higher, so as to discourage them from hijacking our local drinks grin

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nightshift(m): 12:30am On Jan 28, 2013
spyder880: It does not hurt to chew one hand of "nchi" and some other bush meat as you drink your pammy cheesy grin
No envy, but i wish i can equally do same in my Nike joint soon. Looking forward to storming Coal City soon. Enjoy!!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by BlackPikiN(m): 3:04am On Jan 28, 2013
spyder880:

To be fair to Chimaroke, he performed above average, maybe not up to Sullivan but he still tried. Aside that tunnel crossing which was a brilliant virgin idea, Chimaroke should be commended for decongesting Enugu urban and pushing development into rural areas.
Of special importance is the relocation of ESUT to Agbani, this move removed thousands of students from Enugu urban and freed flats and hostels for poor families. Chimaroke developed satelite towns like new GRA, Independence layout phase2 and other places. Chimaroke built the ultra modern ESUT teaching hospital (Parklane) and brought the Law school to Agbani.
Chimaroke re energized Enugu politics by introducing brilliant young men into the center of activities, he chose erudite young men of high intelligence to run things, see the list of Chimaroke boys, Ekweremmadu, Frank Nweke jr, Ken Nnamani, Sullivan, Ayogu Eze, [size=15pt]Dan Sherre[/size], etc.
Chimaroke has so many negative sides, he overheated the polity with his numerous fights with notable politcians and Men of God. Lastly, Chimarake discovered Sullivan for usgrin

What does Sherre mean? Is it an Igbo or English name? I know Dan sherre is from Nsukka zone.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ak47mann(m): 12:56pm On Jan 29, 2013
i like bush meat but not every joint can prepare it very well and i like my bush meat chop in pieces, well garnish, that is why i love madam ify restaurant in nsugbe she make the best bush meat in the area,her joint is always busy..
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by HighChief4(m): 1:55am On Jan 30, 2013
spyder880: It does not hurt to chew one hand of "nchi" and some other bush meat as you drink your pammy cheesy grin

Spyder you just got me salivating now, am sure this is Mama Onyinye´s healing ground grin
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:37am On Jan 30, 2013
High_Chief:

Spyder you just got me salivating now, am sure this is Mama Onyinye´s healing ground grin

At mama Onyinye for sure grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) ... (714) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.