Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,802 members, 7,837,887 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 12:16 PM

Faroukgate: Should Otedola Appear Before House Of Reps? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Faroukgate: Should Otedola Appear Before House Of Reps? (4951 Views)

Sunday Oliseh To Appear Before House Of Reps / Patience Jonathan Won’t Appear Before ICC – PDP / 2015 Election: PDP Wins First Seat In The House Of Reps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: Faroukgate: Should Otedola Appear Before House Of Reps? by Alxmyr(m): 10:14am On Jul 03, 2012
D'Soj:

Hahahahah. Funny U. I can't laff.. Did U say the house does not investigate any case?? OMG. U sure are a comedian.. What do U 1st of all call d issue of this thread..I mean d probe panel investigating the subsidy fraud?
Wat is it called? Circus?
What are de doing? Playing?
The word "indicted" in d probe is for who? D'Soj?
If the House can't investigate, why did Otedola give bribe? For Biscuits?
All d representatives of d different oil coys dat appeared b4 d house upon being summoned are what? BBA Audition?
Bros abeg go back 2 bed.

I neva knew Nairaland had beta lawyers dan Falana, Aturu, Keyamo etc

If U don't know, I'll school U.. The house has diverse committe dat looks into Every aspect of the nation, from Education, agriculture, security, local govt, even election matters.. The committees av power to summon any body to appear b4 and ans questions relating to any matter as it affects d nation. De even summon IG, CBN gov. They invite experts locally and internationally to help give insights to logjam issues.. Wat d heck U talking about? And U were here ystday ranting dat some pple didn't go 2 school...
Mtchewwwwww

Mister let's take the issue one by one.
1st, does indictment makes you guilty? The only organ of government that is empowered to make indictment stay is the court.
If you have followed events in Nigeria well, you will remember that many people use indictment as a political tool until courts start quashing those indictments.
In this case of indictment of Otedola's firm, it is basically mischievous.
2. House carries out investigations into matters that relate to agencies that has appropriation from government or directly under control of government, not cases that involved private citizen criminal matters. Else I should have gone to house when my car was stolen. The ethics committee deals with misconducts by members. Their decisions and resolutions cannot be binding on non members.
Re: Faroukgate: Should Otedola Appear Before House Of Reps? by jeak123(m): 1:00pm On Jul 03, 2012
i am really surprised when people say dat there is a giver in this case. If it were in advanced countries, mr otedola would be a crown witness and would be sheilded from all the harrasments he has been receiving. These were marked money by a federal agency and here we are talking about otedola giving bribe. This is one reason y people are always reluctant to help the police in their investigation especy in high profile cases of this nature. What is it that the house members want to see him for? Is the house reps now a law court that takes witnesses in cases? He sould not bother himself going there. A matter that is being handled by the police and sss. The essence of the invitation is to mess the man up first and put holes in the case. We nigerians should be objective in our assesment of national issues. No to any and all interference fron the national assembly

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

INEC Website Hacked - Hackers Exposed / Vendetta: Dambazau Shuts DSS Boss Out Of Security Meeting / Why Kill My Unarmed Brothers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.