Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,856 members, 7,824,559 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

How Many Of Us Actually Say SORRY To Our Spouse? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Many Of Us Actually Say SORRY To Our Spouse? (7099 Views)

The Best Place To Meet A Spouse / Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? / Divorce - Why Cant Women Say "I M Sorry"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Many Of Us Actually Say SORRY To Our Spouse? by oyarose(f): 12:11am On Jul 02, 2012
Do you say sorry to your spouse even though he/she is wrong just to ease tension? my take,
i think if we cultivate the habit of saying SORRY even when we are
not wrong, it will go a long way. well for me, i always do. what do you' all tink?
Re: How Many Of Us Actually Say SORRY To Our Spouse? by Nobody: 8:10am On Jul 02, 2012

7 Likes

Re: How Many Of Us Actually Say SORRY To Our Spouse? by Nobody: 9:46am On Jul 02, 2012
I don't have issues with apologising to my husband and even friends and colleagues when I am wrong but I never apologise when I am not wrong.
Re: How Many Of Us Actually Say SORRY To Our Spouse? by freecocoa(f): 11:36am On Jul 02, 2012
^How do you know 100% that you are not wrong?

There's this thing about we human beings,most times our ways seems right to us, you think you are the one who's right and he also thinks he's the one who's right.

True sometimes we know when we are wrong\right but you got to admit its not always,sometimes we may be wrong but think we are right,NO?

Anyways i'm asking cos i'm kinda confused now i'm in a fight with my man and its lasted for 4 days now without a word to each other(the first time I'm experiencing such),Now I'm certain I'm right and he maybe thinking the same thing(he's right),I'm not finding it funny anymore but i vowed that i won't say sorry first or even talk to him first yet i want to talk about it to know if we are breaking up or forging ahead,its just really frustrating.
Re: How Many Of Us Actually Say SORRY To Our Spouse? by Nobody: 11:57am On Jul 02, 2012
I have a conscience.

Re your problem, there are ways to talk to people without acually apologising
Re: How Many Of Us Actually Say SORRY To Our Spouse? by freecocoa(f): 12:01pm On Jul 02, 2012
^Seriously? cheesy

That's all you got say?I do have a conscience too ofcourse.undecided

Chaircover said something,that sometimes instead of apologizing,one tries to justify whatever was done,now what have you got to say about that?

Please tell me how to talk to this guy,I'm tired of the silence.sad
Re: How Many Of Us Actually Say SORRY To Our Spouse? by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jul 02, 2012
freecocoa: ^How do you know 100% that you are not wrong?

There's this thing about we human beings,most times our ways seems right to us, you think you are the one who's right and he also thinks he's the one who's right.

True sometimes we know when we are wrong\right but you got to admit its not always,sometimes we may be wrong but think we are right,NO?

Anyways i'm asking cos i'm kinda confused now i'm in a fight with my man and its lasted for 4 days now without a word to each other(the first time I'm experiencing such),Now I'm certain I'm right and he maybe thinking the same thing(he's right),I'm not finding it funny anymore but i vowed that i won't say sorry first or even talk to him first yet i want to talk about it to know if we are breaking up or forging ahead,its just really frustrating.

Why don't you just talk to him first. sorry can come later

1 Like

Re: How Many Of Us Actually Say SORRY To Our Spouse? by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jul 02, 2012
First off I am not CC neither am I here to compete with her so stop the comparison already. Second off go and sort your issues out with your male friend and stop being cranky. Third off, I honestly do not have the time to type epistles. I repeat there are other ways to talk to someone without apologising, figure it out.

Cc's response is there for you To go with. Mine ? I don't care
Re: How Many Of Us Actually Say SORRY To Our Spouse? by freecocoa(f): 12:14pm On Jul 02, 2012
jennykadry: First off I am not CC neither am I here to compete with her so stop the comparison already. Second off go and sort your issues out with your male friend and stop being cranky. Third off, I honestly do not have the time to type epistles. I repeat there are other ways to talk to someone without apologising, figure it out.

Cc's response is there for you To go with. Mine ? I don't care
shocked Calm down na,why are you paraing?

I wasn't comparing,i just asked a question,sorry if you find it offensive,no vex abeg,i should have known better.
Re: How Many Of Us Actually Say SORRY To Our Spouse? by freecocoa(f): 12:15pm On Jul 02, 2012
andromida:

Why don't you just talk to him first. sorry can come later
Thank you,guess I'll just do that.smiley
Re: How Many Of Us Actually Say SORRY To Our Spouse? by ifyalways(f): 12:15pm On Jul 02, 2012
i do. My special times are at nite and early mornings, sometimes mid days when the kids are out.which man would refuse to accept an apology with kisses and its brothers coming from a n.aked wife?
To friends, I do say sorry but if I believe I was wronged, I would ignore the person for a few days, re evaluate the relationship before I apologise. If I think the friend is a "no value" one, I normally don't give a damn.

1 Like

Re: How Many Of Us Actually Say SORRY To Our Spouse? by stepo707: 12:30pm On Jul 02, 2012
It has to be done in wisdom else your partner will take you for a fool.The point is not even in saying sorry but actually meaning it and not repeating that same shit. wink

1 Like

Re: How Many Of Us Actually Say SORRY To Our Spouse? by ifyalways(f): 12:39pm On Jul 02, 2012
Lol @ cocoa. See how you and your partner are inflicting pains on yourselves Cos of ego. I was once in your shoes sha, my husband who then was a BF just made his friends come to me with tales of him dating another girl. I went into hyper mode, bought a ticket to his base and got into a hotel close to his house just to see him and his new babe. Lol chei love! Long story short, he caught me sneaking around on him and we made up right on the street with kisses,hard a long laugh @ our folly.
My advise to you, call or send an sms to your man and arrange for a meeting @ your favorite hang out place.that's all you need do as a lady, the man would finish the work; apology, flowers etc. He only needs a little push/ first step from you and he'll be all over you. Please,as you enjoy the make up goodies and kisses, make sure that whatever it is that caused the misunderstanding in the first instance is carefully trashed out and settled.
NB:not all p.ricks deserve a womans apology,I'm talking about real men oh that are worth the stress not dickheads. Believe your guy is worth it sha.

1 Like

Re: How Many Of Us Actually Say SORRY To Our Spouse? by ifyalways(f): 12:40pm On Jul 02, 2012
Lol @ cocoa. See how you and your partner are inflicting pains on yourselves Cos of ego. I was once in your shoes sha, my husband who then was a BF just made his friends come to me with tales of him dating another girl. I went into hyper mode, bought a ticket to his base and got into a hotel close to his house just to see him and his new babe. Lol chei love! Long story short, he caught me sneaking around on him and we made up right on the street with kisses,hard a long laugh @ our folly.
My advise to you, call or send an sms to your man and arrange for a meeting @ your favorite hang out place.that's all you need do as a lady, the man would finish the work; apology, flowers etc. He only needs a little push/ first step from you and he'll be all over you. Please,as you enjoy the make up goodies and kisses, make sure that whatever it is that caused the misunderstanding in the first instance is carefully trashed out and settled.
NB:not all p.ricks deserve a womans apology,I'm talking about real men oh that are worth the stress not dickheads. Believe your guy is worth it sha.
Re: How Many Of Us Actually Say SORRY To Our Spouse? by ifyalways(f): 12:41pm On Jul 02, 2012
Re: How Many Of Us Actually Say SORRY To Our Spouse? by ifyalways(f): 12:43pm On Jul 02, 2012
3 freaking times?
Fvck seun!
Re: How Many Of Us Actually Say SORRY To Our Spouse? by freecocoa(f): 12:48pm On Jul 02, 2012
^Thanks a lot dearie,yeah he's actually worth it,the reason why i've not really been myself since that day.

Will try out your advice,thanks again wink.
Re: How Many Of Us Actually Say SORRY To Our Spouse? by jaybee3(m): 12:55pm On Jul 02, 2012
@Frecocoa

I actually don't think either of you have a problem apologising to one another. The only problem you guys are currentyly having is a mere breakdown in communication.
IF you like this guy AND still want the relationship to work, i will advice you to be the bigger person and ask for a meet up so you can at least understand why he is mad at you, iron out how best to move forward fwith the relationship if it's what both parties want.

Sorry is the easiest thing to say in the world so I'd rather someone show they are sorry rather than uttering the words.

1 Like

Re: How Many Of Us Actually Say SORRY To Our Spouse? by ipio(f): 1:09pm On Jul 02, 2012
@freecocoa, me think u should make d first move if ur man is not forthcoming, for me if d person is important 2 me I'll initiate d talk n from dere we can find out who is right or wrong. Sometimes after weighing d issues from both angle u might just realise dat u were wrong.
Re: How Many Of Us Actually Say SORRY To Our Spouse? by ifihearam: 1:09pm On Jul 02, 2012
@op
I dnt apologise to any woman even wen am wrong becos I learnt a very bitter lesson frm my ex

@ cocoa
Each day that passes by the love or likeness drops as well
If you still have feelings for him you bera start the move of reconciliation so you can understand your differences other thn just settling it because if there is another babe out there that has been troubling him and he has been ignoring her cos of you,this might just be her answered prayers.
Btw never knew freecocoa could be broken,I hv always looked ap you like Cara(legend of the eeker) lols
Re: How Many Of Us Actually Say SORRY To Our Spouse? by Lakayana: 1:11pm On Jul 02, 2012
Its a good habit to cultivate. It makes life easier to live even when you are right just say sorry it gives you an edge over situations not only to your spouse but to people around you. Don't forget to add a warm smiles it belts so many hard faces and free you of some wrinkles.
Re: How Many Of Us Actually Say SORRY To Our Spouse? by Lakayana: 1:18pm On Jul 02, 2012
stepo707: It has to be done in wisdom else your partner will take you for a fool.The point is not even in saying sorry but actually meaning it and not repeating that same shit. wink
In a relationship one person must play the fool for it to work for two wrongs don't right.
Re: How Many Of Us Actually Say SORRY To Our Spouse? by Afam4eva(m): 1:18pm On Jul 02, 2012
jennykadry: I don't have issues with apologising to my husband and even friends and colleagues when I am wrong but I never apologise when I am not wrong.
How will you know that you're not wrong. Everyone i've had quarels with always think they're right and the other person is wrong.
Re: How Many Of Us Actually Say SORRY To Our Spouse? by KINGwax(m): 1:19pm On Jul 02, 2012
jennykadry: I don't have issues with apologising to my husband and even friends and colleagues when I am wrong but I never apologise when I am not wrong.
wit due respect ma'am, u haven't really learned a pinch of humility! There're issues in which u think you're right(based on your view) but which the other party sees as wrong. In that case, if shouting aint a bad thing to you, and it is to your spouse, if he tells u to 'pls, stop shouting', you'll tell him u can't cos u aint seeing it as wrong? It works vise versa u knw. What's d big deal in 'sorry' anyway? 'I'm so sorry is jes a statement too' if u want peace!
Re: How Many Of Us Actually Say SORRY To Our Spouse? by stepo707: 1:22pm On Jul 02, 2012
Lakayana: In a relationship one person must play the fool for it to work for two wrongs don't right.

Definitely not me man. wink
Re: How Many Of Us Actually Say SORRY To Our Spouse? by stepo707: 1:23pm On Jul 02, 2012
KINGwax: wit due respect ma'am, u haven't really learned a pinch of humility! There're issues in which u think you're right(based on your view) but which the other party sees as wrong. In that case, if shouting aint a bad thing to you, and it is to your spouse, if he tells u to 'pls, stop shouting', you'll tell him u can't cos u aint seeing it as wrong? It works vise versa u knw. What's d big deal in 'sorry' anyway? 'I'm so sorry is jes a statement too' if u want peace!

You have to mean it else it doesn't make sense.
Re: How Many Of Us Actually Say SORRY To Our Spouse? by Afam4eva(m): 1:23pm On Jul 02, 2012
Personally, i've never apologised in my life. I just allow malice to live itself out and everything will fall into place. I'm the kind of person that can go for years without talking to someone. Though i'm thinking of working on that behavior.
Re: How Many Of Us Actually Say SORRY To Our Spouse? by Sealeddeal(m): 1:24pm On Jul 02, 2012
U mean saying,'i'm sorrry' even wehni'm wrong? Nah...i will rather act apologetically but not saying it cos it will appear i'm wrong even wen i'm not.it will make the person to think he/she is right and thereby doing same thing again..And sometimes,to me,it demonstrate weakness.
Re: How Many Of Us Actually Say SORRY To Our Spouse? by freecocoa(f): 1:26pm On Jul 02, 2012
ifihearam: @op
I dnt apologise to any woman even wen am wrong becos I learnt a very bitter lesson frm my ex

@ cocoa
Each day that passes by the love or likeness drops as well
If you still have feelings for him you bera start the move of reconciliation so you can understand your differences other thn just settling it because if there is another babe out there that has been troubling him and he has been ignoring her cos of you,this might just be her answered prayers.
Btw never knew freecocoa could be broken,I hv always looked ap you like Cara(legend of the eeker) lols
cheesy cheesy

Freecocoa is tough o but you know the things we do for love,btw i called you "BABY" wink

Thanks man.
Re: How Many Of Us Actually Say SORRY To Our Spouse? by Afam4eva(m): 1:26pm On Jul 02, 2012
Sealeddeal: U mean saying,'i'm sorrry' even wehni'm wrong? Nah...i will rather act apologetically but not saying it cos it will appear i'm wrong even wen i'm not.it will make the person to think he/she is right and thereby doing same thing again..And sometimes,to me,it demonstrate weakness.
You're right. If you do it once then you'll have to continue doing it for the rest of your life.
Re: How Many Of Us Actually Say SORRY To Our Spouse? by freecocoa(f): 1:28pm On Jul 02, 2012
jay bee: @Frecocoa

I actually don't think either of you have a problem apologising to one another. The only problem you guys are currentyly having is a mere breakdown in communication.
IF you like this guy AND still want the relationship to work, i will advice you to be the bigger person and ask for a meet up so you can at least understand why he is mad at you, iron out how best to move forward fwith the relationship if it's what both parties want.

Sorry is the easiest thing to say in the world so I'd rather someone show they are sorry rather than uttering the words.
Yeah you may have a point there,thank you anyways wink
Re: How Many Of Us Actually Say SORRY To Our Spouse? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jul 02, 2012
afam4eva:
You're right. If you do it once then you'll have to continue doing it for the rest of your life.

Quite frankly said

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Do I Send My Sister In Law Packing? / I Used The Vaginal Fluid Of The 138 Girls I Had Sex With For Rituals Man / 7 Ways For Men To Lose Belly Fat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.