Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,573 members, 7,955,112 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:19 PM

5,000 Bankers Lose Jobs In Past Three Weeks - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 5,000 Bankers Lose Jobs In Past Three Weeks (14796 Views)

Immigration To Recruit 5,000 Personnel Soon / Good News! Immigration Set To Recruit 5,000 Officers / Black Christmas As Over 200 Bankers Lose Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5,000 Bankers Lose Jobs In Past Three Weeks by topeantony(m): 10:41pm On Jul 02, 2012
more bankers will lose their jobs with this cashless policy imagine when there are little or no money in circulation what do they need the cashier for?
Re: 5,000 Bankers Lose Jobs In Past Three Weeks by 2black(m): 10:45pm On Jul 02, 2012
Some people are saying Nigerians are lazy and are not applying their intelligence.Nobody is talking about infrastructure availability-power,good roads,internet costs,etc
Re: 5,000 Bankers Lose Jobs In Past Three Weeks by lastpage: 10:51pm On Jul 02, 2012
honeric01: Every body wan work for bank..

BSc in Agriculture working in the bank

Micro biologist working as a cashier

Mass communication degree holder working as a marketer in the bank.

Engineering student working as CCO.

Everybody wan work for bank.
It seems you dont even know what "UNIVERSITY EDUCATION" is all about?

Now, Let me break it down for you.......as in course 101:
University Education widens your knowledge, widens your thinking, widens your horizon and thus, using training from a diverse pool of courses (as much as possible) so that when you go out into the "Employee or Employer World", you are AS PREPARED AS POSSIBLE to either "hit the ground running" or to catch-up with a few weeks Training "Upgrade".

So, that an Engineer works as a cashier or becomes a CEO, is no big-deal!...Or dont we have Engineers and Doctors that became Chartered Accountants?

Ajavascript:void(0);gain, what is all this rubbish about "everybody wan work for bank"?
If the banking sector, like the Oil or Telecoms sector, is well-paying, why should people who are confident in their abilities not desire to work in those Sectors?
Have you ever worked in those sectors before?
Go and ask those who work there, ask how many "Qualifying Test and Interviews" they have to scale, to get a job in that sector..
And it is so all over the world.

If those at Management level of a bank use customers money to gamble and pay for their lavish lifestyles (Buying jeeps for themselves every year, taking loans they have no intention of repaying and awarding lavish "estacodes" to themselves).....is that the fault of those being sacked now?

What is the contribution of a "Supervisor or Banking Officer" grade-staff for example, to the financial and policy decision making of a Bank? Naaada!!
But when the chicken come hoem to roost and the bank runs into problems, they are the one to be sacked,....by the same Management level staff that mis-managed the bank!
It is the fault of a "bad system" that glorifies thievery, human abuse and cronyism!

Anyway, the lower cadre staff are the "Pawns" in this game of financial chess, the 'Kings and Queens that eat the fat' are always delighted when they see the Pawns blaming and tearing themselves to pieces, over what they know nothing about! grin grin

Lastpage!
Re: 5,000 Bankers Lose Jobs In Past Three Weeks by ALLI1009(m): 11:07pm On Jul 02, 2012
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM UNEMPLOYMENT UPON UNEMPLOYMENT WHER TO NOW
Re: 5,000 Bankers Lose Jobs In Past Three Weeks by maigaskiya1: 11:30pm On Jul 02, 2012
mukina2:

Source
al hail d nxt presidnt of boko haram republic sls
Re: 5,000 Bankers Lose Jobs In Past Three Weeks by stupor(m): 11:43pm On Jul 02, 2012
IF YOU PLACE AN ENGR IN RISKY POSITIONS AS BANKING AND IGNORE EXPLOITING THE VALUABLE SKILLS OF SOMEONE WHO ACTUALLY STUDIED BANKING AND ACCOUNTING,HOW DO YOU EXPECT SUCH PERSON WHOSE WHOLE STUDIOUS LIFE IN SCHOOL WAS SPENT HANDLING TOOLS TO UNDERSTAND FULL AND INDEPTH PRINCIPLES OF BANKING,HE WILL NOT ONLY FAIL BUT ALSO FAIL WITH BANK,THAT'S WHY WE HAVE FAILED BANKS THESE DAYS,

SECONDLY,WE HAVE WRONG AND ONE OF THE MOST STUDIEST EMPLOYERS AND HUMAN RESOURCES WHO PUT A PHYSICIAN ABOVE A BANKING AND FINANCE GRADUATE BECAUSE HE DIDN'T HAVE THE COMMON DEGREE THAT ALL HAS,IGNORING THE POTENTIALS OF THE OTHER CANDIDATE THAT HAVE SPENT IS STUDIOUS LIFE READING BANKING AND ACCOUNTING DAY IN,DAY OUT BECAUSE HE POSSESS ANOTHER EQUIVALENT DEGREE,IS THAT A PROFESSIONALISM ?

BANKING IS NOT MEANT TO BE LIFE SAVERS FOR JOBLESS SCIENCE GRADUATES,THEY'LL NEVER UNDERSTAND IT,EXCEPT. THEY TAKE THE NORMAL 4 YEAR COURSE,THEIR APPROACH MIGHT LOOK PROFITABLE AT FIRST,BUT HOW MANY OF THESE SCIENCE PROS WOULD AGREE THAT NOT ALL PROFITS ARE INCOME,IF YOU TELL THEM,THEY'LL LAUGH AT YOU AND SACK YOU !

A MEDICAL BANKER BOSS ONCE STUPIDLY MOCKED AND ARGUED WITH HIS JUNIOR BANKING COLLEAGUE THAT A CAR IS A LIABILTY,THINGS THE YOUNG BANKING GRADUATE HAD ARGUED OUT AND PROFESSIONALLY HAD ACCEPTED AS AN ASSET AT 100 LEVEL WAY BACK IN UNDERGRAD AFTER ENOUGH TUTELAGE BY LECTURERS,NOW AN ARROGANT MEDICAl BANKER WANTS TO COME AND CHANGE A THOUSAND-YEAR OLD BANKING AND ACCOUNTING PRINCIPLE.

IF THE OWNERS OF BANKS FAIL TO UNDERSTAND THAT ONLY A PARTICULAR SET OF PROFESSIONALS CAN DO THEIR JOBS MORE FLAWLESSLY AND ENGAGE THE SERVICES OF WRONG PROS AT CRITICAL POSITIONS AND LEADERSHIP,IT WILL PUT MORE TOXINS IN THE SYSTEM,BECAUSE NON BANKING GRADUATES UNDERSTANDS THAT THERE'S A PRINCIPLE IN ACCOUNTING CALLED ''GOING CONCERN PRINCIPLE'' WHERE AN ORGANISATION MUST AND NOT JUST EXPECTED TO AS A LAY MAN WOULD THINK,RUN IN PERPETUITY AND NOT FOLD-UP OR LAY-OFF STAFFS WITHOUT ABOSUTELY CHECKING ALL KEY INDICES.

BANKING IS NOT ALL ABOUT FLOUTING,NOISE-MAKING,SCANDULOUS ACCOUNT RENDERING,LOTTO AND BONANZAS,ENGINEERING,MEDICINE,PHYSICS,CHEMISTRY.

BANKING IS STEWARDSHIP RENDERED BY CORE PROFESSIONALS WHO HAS INDEPTH KNOWLEDGE OF FINANCE AND ECOMICAL SCIENCE OF KEEPING A CLIENT'S STOCKS AND VALUABLES BY ENSURING IT WORKS FOR THEM WITHOUT LOOSING ITS WORTH.

A BANKER IS A PROFESSIONAL WHO MUST HAVE GRADUATED FROM AN ACCREDITED BUSINESS OR BANKING SCHOOL AND NOT AN ENGINEERING,MEDICAL OR DRAMA SCHOOL,WHO HAVING GRADUATED AND CERTIFIED TO HAVE READ A SOCIAL SCIENCES AND WELL TUTORED IN AT LEAST 2 TO 3 YEARS IN ACCOUNTING OR BANKING CAN AND SHOULD BE PUT AS STEWARD TO SAFEGUARD AND RENDER THE STOCKS OF ITS CUSTOMERS ECONOMICALLY WELL.
LET FAULTY HUMAN RESOURCES IN SOME OF THESE BANKS PUT THEIR ACTS TOGETHER,BANKING IS NOT A GOLDMINE.

LET ALSO GREEDY GRADUATES FROM OTHER. DISCIPLINES INCLUDING SOCIAL SCIENCES START SOMETHING FOR THEMSELVES,THEY SEEK FOR HELP,SOLICIT,OR BORROW,NOT DOING NOTHING DOESN'T MAKE YOU LOOK LAZY TO OTHERS,IN FACT HOLD YOURSELF UP HIGH BECAUSE YOU WERE CONTENDED WITH YOUR SCIENCE DEGREE AND DID NOT PROSTITUTE YOUR DEGREE fOR A BANKING CAREER YOU NEVER BARGAINED FOR .
Re: 5,000 Bankers Lose Jobs In Past Three Weeks by stupor(m): 12:25am On Jul 03, 2012
lastpage: It seems you dont even know what "UNIVERSITY EDUCATION" is all about?

University Education widens your knowledge, widens your thinking, widens your horizon and thus, using training from a diverse pool of courses (as much as possible) so that when you go out into the "Employee or Employer World", you are AS PREPARED AS POSSIBLE to either "hit the ground running" or to catch-up with a few weeks Training "Upgrade".

So, that an Engineer works as a cashier or becomes a CEO, is no big-deal!...Or dont we have Engineers and Doctors that became Chartered Accountants?

Ajavascript:void(0);gain, what is all this rubbish about "everybody wan work for bank"?
If the banking sector, like the Oil or Telecoms sector, is well-paying, why should people who are confident in their abilities not desire to work in those Sectors?
Go and ask those who work there, ask how many "Qualifying Test and Interviews" they have to scale, to get a job in that sector..

If those at Management level of a bank use customers money to gamble and pay for their lavish lifestyles (Buying jeeps for themselves every year, taking loans they have no intention of repaying and awarding lavish "estacodes" to themselves).....is that the fault of those being sacked now?

What is the contribution of a "Supervisor or Banking Officer" grade-staff for example, to the financial and policy decision making of a Bank? Naaada!!
But when the chicken come hoem to roost and the bank runs into problems, they are the one to be sacked,....by the same Management level staff that mis-managed the bank!
It is the fault of a "bad system" that glorifies thievery, human abuse and cronyism!

Anyway, the lower cadre staff are the "Pawns" in this game of financial chess, the 'Kings and Queens that eat the fat' are always delighted when they see the Pawns blaming and tearing themselves to pieces, over what they know nothing about! grin grin

Lastpage!
BOSS I DON'T THINK YOU STILL GET WHAT THE GUY IS SAYING !

IF AS A MEDICAL DOCTOR OR ENGR YOU NOW HAPPEN TO FIND BANKING INTERESTING,THEN IT'S NO PROBLEM
AS LONG AS YOU CAN FACE THE RIGOROUS TASKS OF TRAINING WHICH IS EMBEDDED IN THE FOUNDATIONAL ETHICS AND PROFESSIONALISM ASSOCIATED WITH BANKING AND ACCOUNTING.

IN WHICH IT IS ALMOST LIKE YOU BURNING-UP YOUR MEDICAL CERTS AND DECIDING TO START AFRESH AS IF YOU NEVER HAD GRADUATED BEFORE.

SO IF YOU LIKE,TAKE ICAN,CIBN,ACCA,AS AN ENGR OR WHATEVER YOU WILL START AT FOUNDATION,AND IF CATCH UP WITH THE CORE ACCOUNTING SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE IN ABOUT 3 OR 4 YRS YOU CAN BE A FULL FLEDGED ACCOUNTANT WHICH IS THE BASIC EQUIVALENT DURATION OR TENOR FOR UNDERGRADUATE BANKING OR FINANCE,NO MORE,NO LESS.

BUT HOW MANY OF THESE SCIENCE BASED CANDIDATES ACTUALLY WANT TO TAKE UP THIS CHALLENGE ?

I SEE A TOTALLY GREEDY YOUTHS,MORE REASONS,THERE ARE HIGH TOLL OF FRAUDS IN BANKS BECOS SOME OF THESE SET OF NON BANKING GRADUATES LACK THE BASICS OF THE TRADE.

THEY ALWAYS WANT TO BRING IN CHURCH VALUE OR MOSQUE VALUE PRINCIPlES AS REPLACEMENT TO FOUNDATIONAL ACCOUNTING PRINCIPLES AND ETHICS AS SUCH AS UTMOST GOOD FAITH.

IT CAN NEVER WORK,A NON BANKER SHOULDN'T BE CLAIMING HE CAN DO BANKING WHEN ALL HE HAS HIS A 2 MONTHS OR EVEN WEEKS OF SPENDTHRIFT TRAINING WITH THE. BANK
Re: 5,000 Bankers Lose Jobs In Past Three Weeks by dvee2: 12:56am On Jul 03, 2012
SOME PEOPLE ARE FUNNY,THEY WANT SANUSI TO SAVE THE JOB OF 5000 BANK WORKERS AND LET THE BANK GO AGROUND. LOL WHAT WAPPED LOGIC. WITHOUT THE BANK THERE WOULD BE NO BANK WORKERS IN THE FIRST PLACE. THE ACTION OF SANUSI SAVED THE BANKS,THEREFORE SAVING THE JOBS OF THOUSANDS OF EMPLOYEES AND HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF PEOPLES LIFES SAVINGS IN REAL CASH. THEREFORE IF ONLY 5000 LOSES THEIR JOB INSTEAD OF 50,000 WHO IS THE HERO HERE?
Re: 5,000 Bankers Lose Jobs In Past Three Weeks by Tungel(f): 7:06am On Jul 03, 2012
honeric01: Every body wan work for bank..

BSc in Agriculture working in the bank
I dislike banking cos anytime dismisser letter can come i never anytin in banking o esp 4 a lady yes y will i b @ work wen i surpose 2 b with my family even my i do fight him not until wen i understand dt his d nature through it was banking he did in school if not i try 2 discourage him bt he told me dt wht h did in school d hw i just keep quite & encourage him wit prayer cos is not easy @ all.

Mass communication degree holder working as a marketer in the bank.

Engineering student working as CCO.

Everybody wan work for bank.
Re: 5,000 Bankers Lose Jobs In Past Three Weeks by otondo55: 7:17am On Jul 03, 2012
Its so pathetic and shameful !

Sanusi remains a failure !

The government remains a big failure !

Thn, the nation a huge failure !
Re: 5,000 Bankers Lose Jobs In Past Three Weeks by mufikings(m): 7:51am On Jul 03, 2012
manny4life:

There's no job security even if you worked in the Oil, Manufacturing, Retail, Entertainment or Hospitality industry. The ONLY security you can have is "ENTREPRENEURSHIP".

Very true !!!
Re: 5,000 Bankers Lose Jobs In Past Three Weeks by tjadeba(m): 8:25am On Jul 03, 2012
fyneguy: Bros, I disagree with u on why the banks are retrenching. I was a banker over a decade ago and currently provide some tech solutions to banks, which put me in a vantage position to be privy to the real issues with these banks. ↲Truth is that most of the banks deal in volatile and unsustainable revenue streams. The managements of these banks are either clueless, lack creativity or both, as to how banking should be done for sustainable operations. What most of them do is accummulate short-term deposits and rush to buy treasury bills. Then, take usually fraudulent charges on customers' accts. Some banks built their deposit portfolio with ill-gotten pension funds, oil subsidy funds and other fraudulent sources. Once those sources dried up, they got into trouble. You should do a study on the deposit, loan and revenue characters of these banks, you'll understand why these banks, and by extension, Nigerian economy are in a sorry state.

Word!This best illustrates the problem
Re: 5,000 Bankers Lose Jobs In Past Three Weeks by oluwacjay: 10:45am On Jul 03, 2012
In the USA, d largest employer of labor is SME. D govt must make d envir of biz suitable 2 encourage small bizs. Pple here ar busy tukin abt ow youths dnt hav zeal 4 enterpreneurship wen d envir is not friendly. No electricity & heavy taxes increase operatn cost of a biz,talkless of infant coys. Comon water biz can't survive because of inadequate electricity. Manufacturin hampered by electricity. I hav a friend whose dad closed down his plastic makin industry because of high cost of prod. So b4 we tuk abt enterprenural, tuk abt d biz envir. Our ecy is rated B± meanin unstable, riskybut growin.
Re: 5,000 Bankers Lose Jobs In Past Three Weeks by Projectors(m): 11:59am On Jul 03, 2012
Just to drop my opinion.....

I agree with honeric01, most graduates we have now are indomie graduates, they want everything fast and instantly. They lack CREATIVITY and their views about themselves and their environment is NEGATIVE. They never believe things can work out for them with PASSION and PERSISTENT AND DETERMINATION.

If you want to be GREAT, you have to cross hurdles..... not one or not two.....many.............. go and ask the SUCCESSFUL ones around and listen to their stories.

That is when you can tell your success story......

In this Nigeria many people had started their business without money and had a successful business.

The problem with most people is that they refuse to learn and automatically they can't earn. They never want to invest their money in them self... ask them to read book....no, ask them to attend seminar......no, ask them to get a mentor......they will never take you serious.

You most people have not really sat down and think about their life, let forget about government providing jobs....it is not the core responsibility of the Government to provide jobs...

It is the duty of the private sector to provide jobs

'DON'T THINK OF WHAT YOUR COUNTRY CAN DO FOR YOU RATHER THINK OF WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR YOUR COUNTRY'

Business is about solving problem, solve problems for people and they will happily give you their money.

God will only crown our efforts, if we try and try and try and try and try one more time.

I LOVE NIGERIA
Re: 5,000 Bankers Lose Jobs In Past Three Weeks by honeric01(m): 12:10pm On Jul 03, 2012
lastpage: It seems you dont even know what "UNIVERSITY EDUCATION" is all about?

Lastpage!

If this is how they do it in that developed world you live in right now, do you think you would have cars to drive, pen to write with? electricity, tvs to watch e.t.c? if their engineers were working in the bank, who then is going to design or build all these stuffs you use your money to buy?
Re: 5,000 Bankers Lose Jobs In Past Three Weeks by landinfo: 12:34pm On Jul 03, 2012
God HELEEP us
AMEN
Re: 5,000 Bankers Lose Jobs In Past Three Weeks by stallion2: 12:11am On Jul 04, 2012
e be like say sanusi get first class for wahalla. see now if na soludo time people for say he no sabi aboki don bring their cattle mentallity come banking
Re: 5,000 Bankers Lose Jobs In Past Three Weeks by luvlyfumie(f): 12:21am On Jul 04, 2012
Vacancy!vacancy!vacancy! A business opportunity for every body in an international company! Interview is going on! Pls dont miss dis wonderful opportunity! Call 08027083740! I swear dis is real just got my.
Re: 5,000 Bankers Lose Jobs In Past Three Weeks by stallion2: 12:31am On Jul 04, 2012
honeric01:

If this is how they do it in that developed world you live in right now, do you think you would have cars to drive, pen to write with? electricity, tvs to watch e.t.c? if their engineers were working in the bank, who then is going to design or build all these stuffs you use your money to buy?
youv said it all grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 5,000 Bankers Lose Jobs In Past Three Weeks by stallion2: 12:40am On Jul 04, 2012
luvlyfumie: Vacancy!vacancy!vacancy! A business opportunity for every body in an international company! Interview is going on! Pls dont miss dis wonderful opportunity! Call 08027083740! I swear dis is real just got my.
make it public,
Re: 5,000 Bankers Lose Jobs In Past Three Weeks by perryant: 5:59am On Jul 04, 2012
Bank is like a contract business the only employe their worker to help them register the mass population for the ATM use that has come to stay.what did you expect when you can withdrew and even pay in with your ATM I will in my room transfer money from one bank to another even to other countries with the use of the internet banking you think all this will be on ground and you still retain your job my dear is a contract deal.those affected should go and think of something else.
Re: 5,000 Bankers Lose Jobs In Past Three Weeks by jpphilips(m): 11:15am On Jul 05, 2012
manny4life:

There's no job security even if you worked in the Oil, Manufacturing, Retail, Entertainment or Hospitality industry. The ONLY security you can have is "ENTREPRENEURSHIP".

I may not agree with you completely, the Nigerian business climate is not immune to poor Govt policies, a few policies here and there can send you packing without warning, considering the brain dead leaders we have such occurrences are pretty frequent.

A billionaire like ibeto one of our biggest entrepreneurs never knew that between 2005 to 2007 he will be idling and drinking ogogoro in otolo Nnewi, thanks to Obasanjo's demetia.

rightly put, every job cut is an enterprenuer that failed or about to fail or trying to survive.
Re: 5,000 Bankers Lose Jobs In Past Three Weeks by jpphilips(m): 11:42am On Jul 05, 2012
honeric01:

So who helped the companies they are looking to employ them? Nigeria was never at anytime helping anybody to establish businesses, those who did did on their own so make we stop this "govt not helping language jor". In this same "govt not helping" country, people who have taste for challenge are making it and establishing businesses.. just imagine if everyone have this mindset of "govt not helping, so we won't start up biz" who then is going to employ?

your level of realistic business info of this country is so limited. where do you want me to start.

Dangote: started enjoying govt concessions since his stock fish days to cement age
Atiku (intels); almost the owner of The whole free trade zones in this country
otedola: at least diesel in 2006 rang a bell
tompolo: Nigerian water ways
JB: fedral and state govts
ditto: atiku made
Dana group: Obj made
NEST oil,con oil, MRS just mention it
etc etc etc

the list is endless, i can give you minimum of 100 people that established big businesses climbing on govts back.that is how corruption in Nigeria pays off.

as you dream of your entrepreneurship, know ye that your fingers will never touch any contract above one million naira on a level play ground which of course doesn't exist in Nigeria. the businesses you hear about esp the big ones don't just start.

Pascal dozie can connect MTN with diamond bank better, same for the Tinubus, Adewale group the okoyes etc.
the business doesn't just start, there is always someone that is placed high in Govt or company that shoots the catapult that make things happen.

if you sincerely think you can wake up and establish a big successful business without swimming in Nepotism, then your case wont be different from the shop owners along Rumuola and okporo road who are getting one seventh of their business worth from Govt as compensation while those along woji road remain in peace because they know the governor.
continue fantasizing, Naija is not always the way it seems.
Re: 5,000 Bankers Lose Jobs In Past Three Weeks by jpphilips(m): 12:00pm On Jul 05, 2012
honeric01:

The banks were employing people they never needed in the first place, hence the reason for the sacking.. if you are under producing or under-servicing, you won't dare sack. only when you have MORE staffs than production/output that you think of sacking.. simple!

And you don't think that if the businesses were robust more departments/branches will be created that will most likely absorb the redundant ones, the big question is this; why is the business not expanding? i bet the answer lies with our Economic magician retadeen lamido sanurat, because the last time i checked, the defunct intercontinental bank (as murdered by sanusi) had its branches doubled during the era of his predecessor.
Re: 5,000 Bankers Lose Jobs In Past Three Weeks by honeric01(m): 12:12pm On Jul 05, 2012
jp philips:

And you don't think that if the businesses were robust more departments/branches will be created that will most likely absorb the redundant ones, the big question is this; why is the business not expanding? i bet the answer lies with our Economic magician retadeen lamido sanurat, because the last time i checked, the defunct intercontinental bank (as murdered by sanusi) had its branches doubled during the era of his predecessor.

I can't type long episodes bro but please tell me, did Dangote get this big overnight? and why dangote? is he the only one with companies in Nigeria?
A know alot of people doing well in their various businesses with no legs in the govt as you claim.
Re: 5,000 Bankers Lose Jobs In Past Three Weeks by folystory: 1:22pm On Jul 05, 2012
Oh, you think?!
Re: 5,000 Bankers Lose Jobs In Past Three Weeks by folystory: 1:29pm On Jul 05, 2012
manny4life:

Here comes the brightest chap on NL...lol, grin grin grin grin

I guess in entrepreneurship, you can fire yourself? shocked shocked shocked

Well, the Nigerian environment isn't encouraging for small business folks. The Nigerian factor is really hostile in so many ways, so IMO, that's a deterrent factor.

And where did u get that 4m Mr?!
Re: 5,000 Bankers Lose Jobs In Past Three Weeks by jpphilips(m): 9:58am On Jul 06, 2012
honeric01:

I can't type long episodes bro but please tell me, did Dangote get this big overnight? and why dangote? is he the only one with companies in Nigeria?
A know alot of people doing well in their various businesses with no legs in the govt as you claim.

Dangote made it bigger than the obscure example you have in mind. yes Dangote got big over night, if he only traded with his capital abinitio without Govt concessions, he wont even smell the richest in Kano let alone Africa.

A system with Nepotism can never be trusted with successful business models don't get it twisted
please do not misconstrue the word "overnight" in my post. do you know what it means for only 2 or 3 people to be importing solely stock fish consumed by an over 100million population?

do you know that as back as 2005 or so, dangote has already secured a near "tax free" cement imports grants and a plethora of concessions that competing with him today is almost impossible? we are talking about someone whose political apparatchik has carved a whole sector for him to monopolize in a population of over 167 million people damn!!!!!

Re: 5,000 Bankers Lose Jobs In Past Three Weeks by honeric01(m): 10:34am On Jul 06, 2012
jp philips:

Dangote made it bigger than the obscure example you have in mind. yes Dangote got big over night, if he only traded with his capital abinitio without Govt concessions, he wont even smell the richest in Kano let alone Africa.

A system with Nepotism can never be trusted with successful business models don't get it twisted
please do not misconstrue the word "overnight" in my post. do you know what it means for only 2 or 3 people to be importing solely stock fish consumed by an over 100million population?

do you know that as back as 2005 or so, dangote has already secured a near "tax free" cement imports grants and a plethora of concessions that competing with him today is almost impossible? we are talking about someone whose political apparatchik has carved a whole sector for him to monopolize in a population of over 167 million people damn!!!!!

I don't waste time with people who pull out stats from thin-air. he made it big overnight?
Re: 5,000 Bankers Lose Jobs In Past Three Weeks by jpphilips(m): 3:48pm On Jul 06, 2012
honeric01:

I don't waste time with people who pull out stats from thin-air. he made it big overnight?

and your dull brain was unable to process this statement

please do not misconstrue the word "overnight" in my post

hire an interpreter then
Re: 5,000 Bankers Lose Jobs In Past Three Weeks by ADAHMA: 5:23pm On Jul 06, 2012
Those saying youths should start their own businesses instead of seeking employment in banks and others coys should tell us where to get start-up capital fast. Please bear in mind that no Nigeria bank finance start-ups.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bristow Group Inc. (Aircraft Maintenance Engineer) / Career With Halliburton Nigeria / NLNG Ship Management Limited (NSML) Fresh Job Recruitment (4 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.