Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,800 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:37 PM

Why Is Nigeria Not Working? Who Is Responsible? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Nigeria Not Working? Who Is Responsible? (856 Views)

#SarakiCCT: Zakari Mohammed Responsible For Blackout During Saraki's CCT Trial / Apc Claims Buhari Is Responsible For The U-17 World Cup Victory / Analysis - Buhari Win Means Nigeria, Not Chad, To Lead Boko Haram Fight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Nigeria Not Working? Who Is Responsible? by Koolking(m): 5:19pm On Jul 02, 2012
NIGERIA is blessed with both human and natural resources. It eludes my intelligence why Nigeria is still in moribund state 52 years after independence and yet no roadmap for political and economic rejuvenation. Why are we not on a par (if not ahead) with some of the western and oriental countries given our endowments? Why are Nigerians poor and who is responsible? Is the country enchanted? Is it her people that induce and inhibit her growth and development? Or are the captains (leaders) the only culprit in this ‘market square rape’? These are questions begging for answers. May be we can leverage on the answers.

Pls, permit me to share this story (below). Does this story represent the stark mediocrity of our dishonourable members of the parliaments? Consequently, they are indispensable in the polity.

What are you thoughts pls.

A man was involved in a road accident and was taken to hospital. However in spite of the best efforts of the doctors the man sadly died from his injuries. An investigation was promptly launched to find out what caused this tragic loss of life and to come up with recommendations for action to prevent a similar incident in future. They found that the man had driven into a pothole in the middle of the road. The committee were unanimous in their anger at the incident which they felt was entirely preventable in their great country in the 21st century. They vowed to ensure it never happened again.

One member of the committee noted that the pothole was very far from the hospital and that the reason the man died was because it had taken too long to get him to hospital. He therefore recommended that an ambulance should be permanently stationed beside the pothole so that anyone who drove into it in future would be promptly rushed to hospital, which would increase their chance of survival.

Another member of the committee, while agreeing that the above action would improve the situation, pointed out that future victims would still be at risk of avoidable death due to the journey time to the existing hospital. "We are a rich country and can afford a more unfailing solution. We must not spare any reasonable effort or cost to ensure the safety our people. Therefore I suggest that we build a brand new world-class hospital beside the pothole so that if anyone falls into it in future he can be immediately treated", he declared to enthusiastic support from most committee members.

However a God-fearing member stood up and with some difficulty calmed the committee. He advised, "It is unnecessary for us to incur the huge cost of building this new world-class hospital. My suggestion is that we should fill up this pothole and dig a new one beside our existing hospital. And as an extra measure to ensure our people's safety let us build a new Church beside the new pothole for round-the-clock prayer to frustrate the blood sucking demons that would lie in wait to harm our people."

His solution was implemented.
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Working? Who Is Responsible? by Koolking(m): 5:21pm On Jul 02, 2012
Op, pls send to the homepage
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Working? Who Is Responsible? by 2gbasky22(m): 6:42pm On Jul 02, 2012
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Working? Who Is Responsible? by 2gbasky22(m): 6:43pm On Jul 02, 2012
"YOU" and "I" are responsible for 9geria's problem. Cos corruption is a collective thing, and we must deal wit it collectively. I believe 9ja will work again
say no to corrupting!

@op did say dat story hapened in d 21st century
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Working? Who Is Responsible? by oiseworld: 7:19pm On Jul 02, 2012
all memebers of the committee must be aboki people from the north. Who rather than educate their youth would hand them the beggers bow in the name of religion.

Sorry,
Now the problem of our country started with the military rule. All what we're experiencing today must have been long gone before now. But here we are.
During these period. Lots of hate,tribalism and religion were the determinant. For top positions in the country. These gave birth to the quota system. The judicial arm of government was dented for more than 35 years. The judicial arm and legislative arm were mostly hit by the military rule.

To be continued.
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Working? Who Is Responsible? by Koolking(m): 7:24pm On Jul 02, 2012
2gbasky22: "YOU" and "I" are responsible for 9geria's problem. Cos corruption is a collective thing, and we must deal wit it collectively. I believe 9ja will work again
say no to corrupting!

Nope. but with crop of leaders we have in Nigeria now, they still make it happen daily. No vision whatsoever apart from personal aggrandisement
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Working? Who Is Responsible? by Mandelaguy(m): 7:26pm On Jul 02, 2012
oiseworld: all memebers of the committee must be aboki people from the north. Who rather than educate their youth would hand them the beggers bow in the name of religion.

Sorry,
Now the problem of our country started with the military rule. All what we're experiencing today must have been long gone before now. But here we are.
During these period. Lots of hate,tribalism and religion were the determinant. For top positions in the country. These gave birth to the quota system. The judicial arm of government was dented for more than 35 years. The judicial arm and legislative arm were mostly hit by the military rule.

To be continued.
but it is not late,if we all work together,without rancour,hatred and backbiting,we will make this country great again.
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Working? Who Is Responsible? by Koolking(m): 7:31pm On Jul 02, 2012
oiseworld: all memebers of the committee must be aboki people from the north. Who rather than educate their youth would hand them the beggers bow in the name of religion.

Sorry,

To be continued.

Brother, you are right about the bold. Until we rid ourselves of these syndromes, posterity will have no respite. It is then safe to say, Nigeria's problem is collective. The way forward is within us. How do we now attend the much anticipated rebirth? Is revolution to the rescue?
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Working? Who Is Responsible? by Yeske2(m): 9:41pm On Jul 02, 2012
2gbasky22: "YOU" and "I" are responsible for 9geria's problem. Cos corruption is a collective thing, and we must deal wit it collectively. I believe 9ja will work again
say no to corrupting!

You beat me to it mate, yes YOU and I.
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Working? Who Is Responsible? by Clerverly: 10:13pm On Jul 02, 2012
Blame beaf....!
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Working? Who Is Responsible? by Mandelaguy(m): 10:32pm On Jul 02, 2012
Clerverly: Blame beaf....!
How?
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Working? Who Is Responsible? by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jul 02, 2012
yea, BEAF is to blame for at least some of these.
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Working? Who Is Responsible? by Koolking(m): 11:00pm On Jul 02, 2012
Clerverly: Blame beaf....!
haahahahaaa, were u refering to nl beaf? If in affirmatv, i dnt see hw that dude is the problem
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Working? Who Is Responsible? by cashmentor(m): 11:27pm On Jul 02, 2012
oiseworld:

To be continued.
1: the problem of Nigeria started way back in 1914, when two totaly seperate group of people were Super-Glued together as One.
2: from then on, the entity called Nigeria have continue to be plagued with ethnic, tribal, cultural, religous and regional crisis....... Politics became colored by regional and selfish gains rather than selflessness (this is the meat of the problem)....
3: the Discovery of Natural Resources in Africa has been a Curse to the Black race rather than a Blessing.... The Africa leaders, the African People and Africa in General, have turn herself into a Barn-yard to their Colonial Masters.... Isn't it strange that a Continent with 3 Quater of the world's Natural Resources is inhabited by the Poorest Nations and people in the World, begging for Aides and Grants (Nigeria inclusive)...
4: it's a pity that Nigeria is still crawling with corruption, buh this wouldn't have happened if our early Leaders got it right....... The Problem of Nigeria isn't just in Nigeria, it's all about Africa- it's in the Black Race! Greedy humans....
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Working? Who Is Responsible? by oiseworld: 11:44pm On Jul 02, 2012
how can you blame beaf who only operate on nairaland ? A forum with less than 2Million members. lot of nigerians need serious orientation. And i must confess beaf is really at work orientating.

one other problem we have is Nigerians don't know who to follow. They are clueless about democracy,governance and what's happening in government. Beaf can be nuts some times but he makes a lot of sense mooost of the time.

BoboYekini: yea, BEAF is to blame for at least some of these.

(1) (Reply)

Central Bank Chief Named Ghana’s Vice President / British Trust Fund Accused Of Financing Boko Haram / Jonathan Is Insensitive To Citizens’suffering, Says ACN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.