Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,284 members, 7,836,261 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin (13362 Views)

Tanzanian Politicians Shun Gej’s Advice, Reject Election Results / Governors Shun Private Jets As Buhari's Body Language Hits Aviation Sector / Tambuwal, Obasanjo, Babangida, Others Shun GEJ’s Midterm Report Presentation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by PhysicsQED(m): 10:02am On Jul 03, 2012
pro01:

Funny how you twerps clutch at straws in a bid to sound convincing. How did Navy Captain Anthony Onyearugbulem die a shameful death? Was he the first (or only) person that died in an hotel? What is a shameful death? Can you prove that the so-called "shameful death" was a consequence of his dealing with the Oba of Benin? So because he suspended the Oba, as was within his executive powers, that means his death must be linked to that action? Stop being ridiculous abeg.

Fact is that Navy Captain Onyearugbulem, a man of uncommon intellect and one of the finest brains ever produced by the Navy, put the Oba in his place by suspending him for several months until the end of his tenure as Military Administrator of Edo State, and NOTHING happened. If he had been struck with madness immediately he suspended the Oba, maybe we would have taken the Oba's supposed god-like powers more seriously. The fact that he died much later in unrelated circumstances does not say anything about the Oba's divine powers. People die all the time, many in very tragic and pitiful circumstances.

A man of "uncommon intellect", but he was just another Abacha stooge and died known as such after starting trouble over dumb rumors. There was no curse on Onyearugbulem by anybody but when his wife had a miscarriage very soon after his action of suspending the Oba from the chairmanship of the traditional council people started the rumors about curses. Funny that you keep talking about executive powers - the man was a military administrator under an illegal government which was a dictatorship - what couldn't he do? Oh, that's right - he couldn't suspend the Oba from being Oba as you foolishly thought a governor could.

There was nothing shameful about his death, but the man died at 47 for basically no identifiable reason. Maybe he had a weak heart and it just gave out.
Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by Rhino5dm: 10:10am On Jul 03, 2012
Yeah, "I don't give a damn!" -according to retardeen.
Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by PhysicsQED(m): 10:11am On Jul 03, 2012
~Bluetooth:

These bootlickers will also tell us the oyinbo that dealt with their oba at the peak of colonization also died in miserable circumstances . shocked shocked foolish*people !

lol, I don't believe in curses, but it is a fact that Sir Ralph Denham Moor, who engineered the entire invasion of Benin (see the book City of Blood Revisited by Robert Home) committed suicide, dying in "miserable circumstances" (your words).

"He was found dead in bed at his residence, the Homestead, Barnes, on 14 September 1909; having committed suicide by poison.[1] He was buried at the new Barnes cemetery. The coroner's jury determined that "the poison was deliberately taken whilst temporarily insane after suffering acutely from insomnia", they had heard evidence that Moor had suffered for the last four years on his return from Africa with malarial and backwater fever that induced insomnia."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ralph_Denham_Rayment_Moor

Obviously the environment got to him - which is a coincidence - but the fact that Oba Ovonramwen outlived him probably became a source of more rumors about curses.

I don't know what those Benin boys did to you when you schooled in Benin (which you said you did), but you need to get over it since it happened years ago. Every time anything relating to Benin is mentioned you have some snide comment to make.
Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by jude33084(m): 10:23am On Jul 03, 2012
[quote author=oddy4real]
Tell me one thing exactly that GEJ did wrong. [/quot

He failed to acknowledge the Tradition of the Edos. I expect an intelligent Presido to know when to visit the Benin Kingdom.

I don't even blame GEJ, I blame the Eheneden; the son of the Oba who is fully soaked in politics and allowed the Presido to visit his Dad when he knows that's nt the right time to smiley
Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by Alxmyr(m): 10:26am On Jul 03, 2012
The complicated issue might be because of illness. The oba is in his 90s.
I just wish him good health.

Oba a to pe
Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by jude33084(m): 10:30am On Jul 03, 2012
PhysicsQED:

lol, I don't believe in curses, but it is a fact that Sir Ralph Denham Moor, who engineered the entire invasion of Benin (see the book City of Blood Revisited by Robert Home) committed suicide, dying in "miserable circumstances" (your words).

"He was found dead in bed at his residence, the Homestead, Barnes, on 14 September 1909; having committed suicide by poison.[1] He was buried at the new Barnes cemetery. The coroner's jury determined that "the poison was deliberately taken whilst temporarily insane after suffering acutely from insomnia", they had heard evidence that Moor had suffered for the last four years on his return from Africa with malarial and backwater fever that induced insomnia."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ralph_Denham_Rayment_Moor

Obviously the environment got to him - which is a coincidence - but the fact that Oba Ovonramwen outlived him probably became a source of more rumors about curses.

I don't know what those Benin boys did to you when you schooled in Benin (which you said you did), but you need to get over it. Every time anything relating to Benin is mentioned you have some snide comment to make.

It was even a Benin man ( ologbosere I think) that betrayed the Benin Kingdom by revealing their weakpoint to the white b4 the masacre. Oh I love history! cool

Pls tell Bluetooth to read his history books grin
Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by ifihearam: 10:37am On Jul 03, 2012
Those of you saying GEJ visited @ the wrong time are just fools,should a president carry out investigation before visiting the one local king?what is wrong with you people sef?the president works on schedule and he was slated to be in benin on that particular day after being persuaded by the party,he proceeded and thought it wise to pay homage to the royal father briefly,even IF I repeat EVEN IF the president came unannounced,it is a privilege for th oba and humility on the part of the president to pay him a courtesy visit.
Believe it or not I salute the presidential patience exercised bu GEJ not every other president would wait for @least 15mins seating close to an empty chair before he was ushered to "the oba's private chamber" mtcheew. Its an insult of the highest order.

And for you that sees no fault in the obas action,what goes around comes around.
We are talking about the number one citizen here.
Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by PhysicsQED(m): 10:43am On Jul 03, 2012
jude33084:

It was even a Benin man ( ologbosere I think) that betrayed the Benin Kingdom by revealing their weakpoint to the white b4 the masacre. Oh I love history! cool

Well, no it was not Ologbosere that betrayed anyone. The British had native African guides that they relied on to familiarize themselves with the terrain and to lead them to the right places before invading, but they were not actually from Benin (except for one guide that they used right before there were any hostilities from either side), but the Ologbosere was not a betrayer. He was a Benin chief and he fought till he was captured and executed.
Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by Arosa(m): 10:51am On Jul 03, 2012
ifihearam: Those of you saying GEJ visited @ the wrong time are just fools,[b]should a president carry out investigation before visiting the one local king?[/b]what is wrong with you people sef?the president works on schedule and he was slated to be in benin on that particular day after being persuaded by the party,he proceeded and thought it wise to pay homage to the royal father briefly,even IF I repeat EVEN IF the president came unannounced,it is a privilege for th oba and humility on the part of the president to pay him a courtesy visit.
Believe it or not I salute the presidential patience exercised bu GEJ not every other president would wait for @least 15mins seating close to an empty chair before he was ushered to "the oba's private chamber" mtcheew. Its an insult of the highest order.

And for you that sees no fault in the obas action,what goes around comes around.

You see how stu.pid you sound,A president should always carry out investigation before visiting any venue. for many reasons. mumu.

PS, the President needs to fire a lot of peeps that work for him. bunch of amateurs.
Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by Nobody: 10:58am On Jul 03, 2012
jude33084:

Pls tell Bluetooth to read his history books grin

Sure thing. . . .I never forgot the part that said binis are descendant of ile-ife.
Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by PhysicsQED(m): 11:03am On Jul 03, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Sure thing. . . .I never forgot the part that said binis are descendant of ile-ife.

You read this and yet for some reason you have some kind of bias against the Binis.
Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by onatisi(m): 11:05am On Jul 03, 2012
ifihearam: Those of you saying GEJ visited @ the wrong time are just fools,should a president carry out investigation before visiting the one local king?what is wrong with you people sef?the president works on schedule and he was slated to be in benin on that particular day after being persuaded by the party,he proceeded and thought it wise to pay homage to the royal father briefly,even IF I repeat EVEN IF the president came unannounced,it is a privilege for th oba and humility on the part of the president to pay him a courtesy visit.

i like ur response simply becos you are the beeeeeessssst foooool on nairaland
Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by ifihearam: 11:05am On Jul 03, 2012
@arosa
I pity you. Where did you skul again??cos your parents would have invested the money they used in sending you to school in rearing pigs by now they would have benefitted more than wasting it on you.
Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by jude33084(m): 11:09am On Jul 03, 2012
ifihearam: Those of you saying GEJ visited @ the wrong time are just fools,should a president carry out investigation before visiting the one local king?what is wrong with you people sef?the president works on schedule and he was slated to be in benin on that particular day after being persuaded by the party,he proceeded and thought it wise to pay homage to the royal father briefly,even IF I repeat EVEN IF the president came unannounced,it is a privilege for th oba and humility on the part of the president to pay him a courtesy visit.

cheesy but he saw him, they discussed and he left. Why calling others fools when you don't know anything?
Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by Arosa(m): 11:09am On Jul 03, 2012
ifihearam: @arosa
I pity you. Where did you skul again??cos your parents would have invested the money they used in sending you to school in rearing pigs by now they would have benefitted more than wasting it on you.

More of your stu.pid talk not making any sense as usual.
Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by jude33084(m): 11:12am On Jul 03, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Now you are learning my guy cool
Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by onatisi(m): 11:12am On Jul 03, 2012
Arosa:

You see how stu.pid you sound,A president should always carry out investigation before visiting any venue. for many reasons. mumu.
PS, the President needs to fire a lot of peeps that work for him. bunch of amateurs.

thank you ooooo.pls tell them that as a president enough information about who is going to meet and where he is going must be adequate so as not to cause embarrassment for his office .so pls tell them even if he has a bunch of idits as advisers what about the pdp chairman in edo state and all their members,they too were not aware?the only excuse that can exonorate the lapses of his officials is if the oba decided immidiately gej arrived at the palace that he wont see him if not 30mins is enough to change his plans and avoid this humiliation

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by Baawaa(m): 11:31am On Jul 03, 2012
sir rinky: point of correction,do not mistake the oba of benin for any of those yoruba obas that have no level,
Why must you go the tribalism lane.
My brother is a bitter truth,do you remember how OGD molested Alake of Egba land?Daniel said he will make him a king of yesterday,next thing was that Alade ran to Governor's office to begged him
Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by ifihearam: 11:39am On Jul 03, 2012
But every king is subject to the governor of the state
A governor has the power to depose or suspend any king if he wishes and the oba of benin is not excluded.
Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by PhysicsQED(m): 11:47am On Jul 03, 2012
ifihearam: But every king is subject to the governor of the state
A governor has the power to depose or suspend any king if he wishes and the oba of benin is not excluded.

Each state has its own traditional rulers laws. There is no nationwide law about such matters in the Nigerian constitution. For example, the present Ondo state uses the 1984 chiefs law of the old Ondo state and the current Edo state uses the 1979 law of the old Bendel state, which actually has specific provisions for each recognized traditional ruler - and nobody has ever shown that it has anything even relating to the deposition of the Oba of Benin in there.

The Oba of Benin cannot be deposed by the government and his status as Oba is not really decided by the state government to begin with. I know you're just a troll, but take a break from peddling the same lame claims and go do something with your life.
Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by ifihearam: 11:59am On Jul 03, 2012
@physics
If you observe well I have been avoiding your constant stalking becos you only write without facts,how can a lenient man say the oba of benin cannot be deposed by the government yet he was suspended in 1999 by a group captain Onyeregbulem. Or are u not well informed??

Park well and get a life before you die for wetin nor concern you. Fool
Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by Willy7(m): 12:24pm On Jul 03, 2012
ifihearam: @physics
If you observe well I have been avoiding your constant stalking becos you only write without facts,how can a lenient man say the oba of benin cannot be deposed by the government yet he was suspended in 1999 by a group captain Onyeregbulem. Or are u not well informed??

Park well and get a life before you die for wetin nor concern you. Fool
Honestly i didnt want to comment on this issue ever since d news broke out last week,and i'm not use to quoting someone or commenting alot,cos there is a saying that 'IT IS BETTER TO CONCEAL UR KNOWLEDGE THAN EXPOSE UR IGNORANCE'.And another says 'IF YOU DNT KNW WHAT TO SAY,JUST SHUT UP'.I Really think thats what you need to do at this juncture,cos reading all the comments here so far,u remain d only one not making any aota of sense,i dnt knw if its a delibrate tactics 2 gain attension or its just ur makeup.But pls pls i beg u,stop commenting about this issue because sensible pple re reading it,so stop altering our reasoning.Thanks 4 ur co-operation.
Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by jaysm(f): 12:33pm On Jul 03, 2012
Which one is He has been warned, warn over what? That if he did not support pdp they will kill him or remove him as Oba? Make una make me understand what he was warn against. Head wen u nor get, them nor dey take am do good!
Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by supereagle(m): 1:05pm On Jul 03, 2012
ifihearam: He has been warned of the dangers ahead and the anger of the president hence this apologetic publication. I trust presido,he will still deal with the oba one way or the other. Apparently those close to him must have warned him,anyways let's see how the drama unfolds. IMO the oba phuckt up big time.
shi oh! The president has no direct power on any state traditional ruler. The man has told the pdp the truth, "they failed to paint the house of their father."
Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by HusainiBapetel: 1:06pm On Jul 03, 2012
[quote author=dayokanu]Retardeen punked once again

What does this mean, where is the Oba?
Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by cashmentor(m): 1:17pm On Jul 03, 2012
PhysicsQED:

Well, no it was not Ologbosere that betrayed anyone. The British had native African guides that they relied on to familiarize themselves with the terrain and to lead them to the right places before invading, but they were not actually from Benin (except for one guide that they used right before there were any hostilities from either side), but the Ologbosere was not a betrayer. He was a Benin chief and he fought till he was captured and executed.
Oba Ovonranmwen was betrayed by one of his Kinsmen, who showed them his hide out and handed him over to 'em.... Benin in turn was Betrayed by external tribes within (probably envious enemy tribes in the south south)
the British attacked on a day the Benins all were not at Home....
Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by ifihearam: 1:30pm On Jul 03, 2012
@willy7
You are a fool and thanks fr exhibiting that trait afterall. Idiot read properly before commenting and I as expecting you to say sometin but as usual you empty brain has nothing to say and I advise you shut your gutter u call a mouth for good. Idiot
Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by AyoGolden(m): 1:33pm On Jul 03, 2012
Medicine after death.
Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by PhysicsQED(m): 1:39pm On Jul 03, 2012
cashmentor: Oba Ovonranmwen was betrayed by one of his Kinsmen, who showed them his hide out and handed him over to 'em.... Benin in turn was Betrayed by external tribes within (probably envious enemy tribes in the south south)
the British attacked on a day the Benins all were not at Home....

Well the British (all the British sources) state that he returned to Benin of his own free will and they even describe how he re-entered the city. Perhaps you are thinking of Obaseki (who was working with the British by that time after the defeat) who was one of the chiefs that sent messengers to ask the Oba to return.
Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by KingsleyCEO: 1:47pm On Jul 03, 2012
ifihearam: He has been warned of the dangers ahead and the anger of the president hence this apologetic publication. I trust presido,he will still deal with the oba one way or the other. Apparently those close to him must have warned him,anyways let's see how the drama unfolds. IMO the oba phuckt up big time.
Some persons should atleast watch their language and is maybe insulting and provoking.
Oba gha tor kpere.
Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by Oking1(m): 2:00pm On Jul 03, 2012
ifihearam: Like I said, goats. Not humans

Thou art a compound fool from a mixed generation of fools and imbeciles

Must u be insultive? Casnt you just state your case and allow others their space? Na wa o! angry
Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by dayokanu(m): 4:19pm On Jul 03, 2012
Most of the people insulting the Oba are from the tribe that wake their father from bed with sliding tackle

If you notice thats the same part that Anthony Onyearugbulem is from. If you are a teenager with money you are the most important man in the community

Its not their fault its in their genes

Oba Of Bini, Ukwu Akpolopolor Omo N'Oba Erediauwa may you live long

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President Buhari Returns To Abuja From Morocco / FG Commissions Nigeria's First Sugar Research Institute In Kwara / Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.