Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,289 members, 7,836,275 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin (13363 Views)

Tanzanian Politicians Shun Gej’s Advice, Reject Election Results / Governors Shun Private Jets As Buhari's Body Language Hits Aviation Sector / Tambuwal, Obasanjo, Babangida, Others Shun GEJ’s Midterm Report Presentation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by Nobody: 5:52am On Jul 03, 2012
So evil spirit sef dey fear government ?

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by sirrinky: 6:23am On Jul 03, 2012
ifihearam: He has been warned of the dangers ahead and the anger of the president hence this apologetic publication. I trust presido,he will still deal with the oba one way or the other. Apparently those close to him must have warned him,anyways let's see how the drama unfolds. IMO the oba phuckt up big time.
point of correction,do not mistake the oba of benin for any of those yoruba obas that have no level,the oba of benin kingdom is not an ordinary person and thus has no fear for your president at all,he could as well refuse to see them and nothing will happen. ask about military administrators that bleeped up in edo state and what happened to them.

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by Nobody: 6:27am On Jul 03, 2012
sir rinky: point of correction,do not mistake the oba of benin for any of those yoruba obas that have no level,
Why must you go the tribalism lane.
Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by omenka(m): 6:48am On Jul 03, 2012
dayokanu: Retardeen punked once again

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/744371_President-jonathan-snubbed_jpegf1401446561c75168ada9e13ef92994a[/img]
And he gon get punked over n over again even given same situation cos he a punk!
A Ricky Rosay fan I guess. Me too.. cheesy
Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by cashmentor(m): 7:25am On Jul 03, 2012
wesley80:

which explains why the Oba was at one time suspended from the Edo state traditional council (If I recall correctly) by a certain riffraff military Governor of the state after some perceived pressure from the "Igbins". The suspension caused an outrage at the time but the lesson here is that Politicians still very much call the shots on these shores.
and from that very day, that man was Cursed, Onyearugbulem died a Shameful death, leaving no trace of his existence behind! Kings are not Made, they're Born......

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by tzone: 7:31am On Jul 03, 2012
who givs a bullocks bout d oba of benin. hez jst d head of an ancient city. u dope heads hippies n d jungle ar a disgrace, calln ur president a retard @ d xpnse of 1 corrupt monarch. i bet u moronic dads cannot n wud nt attain d heights d president has. giv him his respct against al odds. TWERPS
Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by Nobody: 7:33am On Jul 03, 2012
~Bluetooth:

So evil spirit sef dey fear government ?

Before nko? Na government be the highest juju, and even the so called 'deity' realises that.

@ Topic
Fact remains that that picture of the President sitting next to an empty seat is an insult to the institution of the presidency. Any denials that the Oba did not shun the president, or the fact that he "managed" to see him in his private chambers is not enough to atone for the damage. Already, opponents of the president are having a field day mocking him because of that, yet some fools insist that nothing unusual happened. Can't help, yet again, but imagine this happened to President Obasanjo, or worse still, a president Buhari (who banished the Ooni of Ife and Emir of Kano during his regime).

Let's hope that the president does not take it personal, or else. . .you can't fight government and win.
Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by soccerchic(f): 7:43am On Jul 03, 2012
Long live the Oba of Benin grin grin grin
Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by jude33084(m): 7:45am On Jul 03, 2012
ifihearam: “In fact, it is the respect and love Omo N’Oba has for the president that made him to still manage to see the president in a private chamber in the palace, despite a complicated situation that day.”

The above is an insult,adding salt to injury I must say. Complicated my feet.

In the Benin tradition, when they are carrying out traditional rites(ugie oba) they don't receive visitors. That day the oba have to suspend whatever he is doing and invite GEJ into his inner chamber to receive him. What else do you want him to d;follow them to the Stadium waving PDP flag? tongue
Benin Empire is one of the oldest Kingdom in West Africa and you know that's not going To change any time. GEJ should have known better that Oba don't play politics with the Tradition. Don't he have advisers for God sake?

2 Likes

Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by brownlord: 7:50am On Jul 03, 2012
signified:

@ifihearam

At last, you have been able to convince me that you are indeed a big baby! or alternatively, an educated illiterate!!

just see how you have succeeded in fooling yourself
Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by brownlord: 7:54am On Jul 03, 2012
cashmentor: and from that very day, that man was Cursed, Mike Oyeribulem died a Shameful death, leaving no trace of his existence behind! Kings are not Made, they're Born......

and why should you be the one correcting his foolishness?, you would have allow him continue to wallow in stupiditdy.....like father like son
Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by brownlord: 8:00am On Jul 03, 2012
pro01:

Before nko? Na government be the highest juju, and even the so called 'deity' realises that.

@ Topic
Fact remains that that picture of the President sitting next to an empty seat is an insult to the institution of the presidency. Any denials that the Oba did not shun the president, or the fact that he "managed" to see him in his private chambers is not enough to atone for the damage. Already, opponents of the president are having a field day mocking him because of that, yet some fools insist that nothing unusual happened. Can't help, yet again, but imagine this happened to President Obasanjo, or worse still, a president Buhari (who banished the Ooni of Ife and Emir of Kano during his regime).

Let's hope that the president does not take it personal, or else. . .you can't fight government and win.

see how foolish you are, because those once was banished mean he can do the same to the Oba of benin?, lol, how come babaginda was not able to banish the oba of benin when he soughted for Osayomore that went to take solace with the king after insulting him?
Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by jude33084(m): 8:03am On Jul 03, 2012
angry Too many kids in Nairaland angry
Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by onatisi(m): 8:15am On Jul 03, 2012
jude33084:

In the Benin tradition, when they are carrying out traditional rites(ugie oba) they don't receive visitors. That day the oba have to suspend whatever he is doing and invite GEJ into his inner chamber to receive him. What else do you want him to d;follow them to the Stadium waving PDP flag? tongue
Benin Empire is one of the oldest Kingdom in West Africa and you know that's not going To change any time. GEJ
should have known better that Oba don't play politics with the Tradition. Don't he have advisers for God sake?

patience dame is his adviser what do you expect?
Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by oddy4real(m): 8:22am On Jul 03, 2012
onatisi:

patience dame is his adviser what do you expect?
Tell me one thing exactly that GEJ did wrong.
Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by onatisi(m): 8:22am On Jul 03, 2012
tzone: who givs a bullocks bout d oba of benin. hez jst d head of an ancient city. u dope heads hippies n d jungle ar a disgrace, calln ur president a retard @ d xpnse of 1 corrupt monarch. i bet u moronic dads cannot n
wud nt attain d heights d president has. giv him his respct against al odds. TWERPS

you are a fool for disregarding tradition.when a fucking bastard ghanian called ur president a lunatic and unsound mind and clueless what did u do all f u came here celebrating the ghana man.so what even if the oba doesnt want to see him?they oba was not made by rigging he was chosen by the oracles .so if pdp can rig let them do it.i see nothing wrong in what the oba has done.gej should have done his homework well before ging there to disgrace himself.

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by jbrodaly(m): 8:29am On Jul 03, 2012
ifihearam: He has been warned of the dangers ahead and the anger of the president hence this apologetic publication. I trust presido,he will still deal with the oba one way or the other. Apparently those close to him must have warned him,anyways let's see how the drama unfolds. IMO the oba phuckt up big time.
go find out what happened to one Oyerebulem when he tried messing with the Oba some years back!If you don't know exactly what's going on i will ask you to keep quiet.Nigerians are found of jumping into issues they have only few details of
Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by Nobody: 8:30am On Jul 03, 2012
brownlord:

see how foolish you are, because those once was banished mean he can do the same to the Oba of benin?, lol, how come babaginda was not able to banish the oba of benin when he soughted for Osayomore that went to take solace with the king after insulting him?

Speak English my friend, I don't understand patois.
Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by wesley80(m): 8:33am On Jul 03, 2012
cashmentor: and from that very day, that man was Cursed, Mike Oyeribulem died a Shameful death, leaving no trace of his existence behind! Kings are not Made, they're Born......
So they said, but to some others, Oyeribulem was a man who simply lost the plot of his life and died empty and it had nothing to do with some "perceived" curse afterall, countless curses have been placed on kidnappers and criminals in Benin yet the town is still a thriving ground for criminals. In any case, Oyeribulem's singular act (brazen as it was) demystified the throne and underlines the superiority of political power. Don't get me wrong, though I recognize the authority of the Oba and revere the throne as most and believe this whole issue was blown out of proportion, it must not be lost on you that the Oba is subservient to the President anyday, anytime.
Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by onatisi(m): 8:43am On Jul 03, 2012
oddy4real:
Tell me one thing exactly that GEJ did wrong.

he shouldnt have gone to see the king when he was performin traditional rites.
secondly you as the president must know the pulse of each oba towards u.ie in oyo state during akala tenure he had problems with the oba he had to go with adedibu and when they got to the king akala had to wait outside while adedibu entered the palace to dicuss with the king.gej has advisers and his men should have known better.this is about power tussle.
Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by Nobody: 8:44am On Jul 03, 2012
brownlord:

And what happen to the oba of bini that was bundled to calabar by the brits for his stubborness ?
Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by Nobody: 8:45am On Jul 03, 2012

Funny how you twerps clutch at straws in a bid to sound convincing. How did Navy Captain Anthony Onyearugbulem die a shameful death? Was he the first (or only) person that died in an hotel? What is a shameful death? Can you prove that the so-called "shameful death" was a consequence of his dealing with the Oba of Benin? So because he suspended the Oba, as was within his executive powers, that means his death must be linked to that action? Stop being ridiculous abeg.

Fact is that Navy Captain Onyearugbulem, a man of uncommon intellect and one of the finest brains ever produced by the Navy, put the Oba in his place by suspending him for several months until the end of his tenure as Military Administrator of Edo State, and NOTHING happened. If he had been struck with madness immediately he suspended the Oba, maybe we would have taken the Oba's supposed god-like powers more seriously. The fact that he died much later in unrelated circumstances does not say anything about the Oba's divine powers. People die all the time, many in very tragic and pitiful circumstances.
Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by oddy4real(m): 8:47am On Jul 03, 2012
onatisi:

he shouldnt have gone to see the king when he was performin traditional rites.
secondly you as the president must know the pulse of each oba towards u.ie in oyo state during akala tenure he had problems with the oba he had to go with adedibu and when they got to the king akala had to wait outside while adedibu entered the palace to dicuss with the king.gej has advisers and his men should have known better.this is about power tussle.
How would he have known that he was performing such rites? Had GEJ gone to that state without seeing the King, you all would come here and heap insults on him. Now, he went to see him, you guys are ridicling him. The problems are Nigeria are those imature children who have access to the Internet and abuse it by carrying false and unverified news both on Twitter and Nairaland.
Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by efe22(m): 8:50am On Jul 03, 2012
yeah I remember
Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by Nobody: 8:56am On Jul 03, 2012
pro01:

Funny how you twerps clutch at straws in a bid to sound convincing. How did Navy Captain Anthony Onyearugbulem die a shameful death? Was he the first (or only) person that died in an hotel? What is a shameful death? Can you prove that the so-called "shameful death" was a consequence of his dealing with the Oba of Benin? So because he suspended the Oba, as was within his executive powers, that means his death must be linked to that action? Stop being ridiculous abeg.

Fact is that Navy Captain Onyearugbulem, a man of uncommon intellect and one of the finest brains ever produced by the Navy, put the Oba in his place by suspending him for several months until the end of his tenure as Military Administrator of Edo State, and NOTHING happened. If he had been struck with madness immediately he suspended the Oba, maybe we would have taken the Oba's supposed god-like powers more seriously. The fact that he died much later in unrelated circumstances does not say anything about the Oba's divine powers. People die all the time, many in very tragic and pitiful circumstances.

These bootlickers will also tell us the oyinbo that dealt with their oba at the peak of colonization also died in miserable circumstances . shocked shocked foolish*people !

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by onatisi(m): 8:56am On Jul 03, 2012
oddy4real:
How would he have known that he was performing such rites? Had GEJ gone to that state without seeing the King, you all would come here and heap insults on him. Now, he went to see him, you guys are ridicling him. The problems are Nigeria are those imature children who have access to the Internet and abuse it by carrying false and unverified
news both on Twitter and Nairaland.
no wonder nigeria is becoming a failed state with ppl of low intellect like u.so u think he shouldnt know tell me what are his protocol officers their for ?or do u think gej just woke up one day and said he is going to benin now.the visit was planned and it is the duty of his officials and even pdp members to see to it that all goes as planned.why cant he call off the visit to the palace if he was told that the oba would not be able to see him.pls i guess u have never been in a position of authority before.he is the PRESIDENT of NIGERIA and COMMANDER IN CHEIF,he has all the apparatus to know before hand so pls shut the Bleep up
Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by Biggyd2: 8:59am On Jul 03, 2012
Seems he didn't read up anything about Bini and their Oba. He should have asked an average Bini man the meaning of the phrase "I don see Oba". They respect their traditional ruler more than our rulers. Moreover, their Obaship is not like many taditional titles that we are used to in this country that are bought with money!
Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by cashmentor(m): 9:14am On Jul 03, 2012
~Bluetooth:

These bootlickers will also tell us the oyinbo that dealt with their oba at the peak of colonization also died in miserable circumstances . shocked shocked foolish*people !
i wanted to ignore you but just felt you deserve a Slap in that your 6 remaining teeth! You could have made your comment and just move on without resorting to insults!
Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by oadah(m): 9:25am On Jul 03, 2012
The publication was first carried out in the Nation newspaper which we all know is the ACN's print media....for the singular fact that the president visited Edo state points to one thing that ACN has lost Edo state and i advise Oshiomole to begin to dust his credentials and try his hand out in the next NLC election.....GEJ WONT visit Edo and PDP will lost, Tinubu already knows that so he is quiet as usual, another scapegoat(oshiomole) in the making
Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by cashmentor(m): 9:42am On Jul 03, 2012
pro01:

just like the Great King can Bless, he can equaly Curse; the Oba Cursed the man.... Na you come sabi, me i've made my point.... Or are u the Angel of Death that killed him at the Hotel?....
Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by sarutobie(m): 9:43am On Jul 03, 2012
Jonathan is no OBJ who never forgets or forgives..I might be wrong
Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by Gbawe: 9:57am On Jul 03, 2012

You are not helping GEJ here. In fact, you are only revealing the thinking of the many 'yes men' and feudalists GEJ surrounds himself with who are always urging him to "deal with" folks Jonathan should ordinarily have on his side if he is a President transparently and genuinely committed to Nigeria's development.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

UNIILORIN Staff Uses Bore-hole To Fill Water-dispenser Cans (Picture) / Election Likely Factor Behind Increased Boko Haram Attacks – U.S. / Buhari Or Jubril? Another Evidence Of Buhari's Death Resurface (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.