Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,511 members, 7,812,587 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:45 PM

Crippled Man Crawls Daily To The Mosque For Past 65 Years - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Crippled Man Crawls Daily To The Mosque For Past 65 Years (1677 Views)

How Can I Stop Sleeping While In The Mosque? / 5 Types Of People You Might Find In The Mosque / Crowds Visit Lagos Mosque For Apparitions Of Clerics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Crippled Man Crawls Daily To The Mosque For Past 65 Years by tbaba1234: 2:19am On Jul 03, 2012
SubhanAllah!!

Crippled man crawls daily to the mosque for past 65 years

In a remote tiny village in Saudi Arabia, an old crippled man crawling to the nearby mosque has been the most familiar scene. Some of those who have watched that man have died as he is now nearly 76.

Since he was a little boy, Abdullah Al Asiri has never missed his daily prayers and insists on performing it at the mosque despite his handicap.

Asiri was born handicapped in a family of 10, including his parents, three brothers and four sisters. His brothers, sisters, sisters in law and his many nephews and nieces have been looking after him through his life.

Asiri has crawled to and from the mosque in his southern village of Alaziza five times a day for nearly 65 years, defying the scorching desert summer heat and the pinching cold weather in winter.

His nephew Abdul Aziz said he had shot a film of his uncle to “underscore his perseverance, determination and strength.”

He said the film, published in Sabq Arabic language daily, has so far been viewed by at least 600,000 people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4KSDCVD2Fc&feature=player_embedded

http://www.emirates247.com/news/region/crippled-man-crawls-daily-to-the-mosque-for-past-65-years-2012-07-01-1.465266

1 Like

Re: Crippled Man Crawls Daily To The Mosque For Past 65 Years by Cheers01: 2:42am On Jul 03, 2012
Yet, Allah did not cure him.

Food for thought
Re: Crippled Man Crawls Daily To The Mosque For Past 65 Years by tbaba1234: 3:01am On Jul 03, 2012
^lol, you need to get out of a christian mindset when talking to muslims...

Life is not for fun and enjoyment. Everything we go through in life is a test, Everything we have is a gift, We own nothing not even our legs... We are thankful for what we have been given, we do not despair over what has not been given to us. How you deal with life's challenges determines where and how you will spend your afterlife..

Do people think they will be left alone after saying ‘We believe’ without being put to the test? We tested those who went before them: God will certainly mark out which ones are truthful and which are lying. (surah 29:2-3)

We shall certainly test you with fear and hunger, and loss of property, lives, and crops. But [Prophet], give good news to those who are steadfast, those who say, when afflicted with a calamity, ‘We belong to God and to Him we shall return.’These will be given blessings and mercy from their Lord, and it is they who are rightly guided. (Surah 2:155-157)

There are also some who serve God with unsteady faith: if something good comes their way, they are satisfied, but if they are tested, they revert to their old ways, losing both this world and the next– that is the clearest loss (Surah 22:11)

Abu Hurayrah (RA) reported that the Prophet (SAW) said: ” Whenever a Muslim is afflicted by harm from sickness or other matters, Allah will drop his sins because of that, like a tree drops its leaves.” [Bukharee and Muslim]
Re: Crippled Man Crawls Daily To The Mosque For Past 65 Years by Cheers01: 3:26am On Jul 03, 2012
tbaba1234: ^lol, you need to get out of a christian mindset when talking to muslims...

Life is not for fun and enjoyment. Everything we go through in life is a test, Everything we have is a gift, We own nothing not even our legs... We are thankful for what we have, we do not despair over what has not been given to us. How you deal with life's challenges determines where and how you will spend your afterlife..

Do people think they will be left alone after saying ‘We believe’ without being put to the test? 3We tested those who went before them: God will certainly mark out which ones are truthful and which are lying. (surah 29:2-3)

We shall certainly test you with fear and hunger, and loss of property, lives, and crops. But [Prophet], give good news to those who are steadfast, those who say, when afflicted with a calamity, ‘We belong to God and to Him we shall return.’These will be given blessings and mercy from their Lord, and it is they who are rightly guided. (Surah 2:155-157)

There are also some who serve God with unsteady faith: if something good comes their way, they are satisfied, but if they are tested, they revert to their old ways, losing both this world and the next– that is the clearest loss (Surah 22:11)

Abu Hurayrah (RA) reported that the Prophet (SAW) said: ” Whenever a Muslim is afflicted by harm from sickness or other matters, Allah will drop his sins because of that, like a tree drops its leaves.” [Bukharee and Muslim]

Following your logic, it wouldnt be too much for Allah to test you like he tested Job. Lose your family and get diseases all over your body. Just a test. grin
Re: Crippled Man Crawls Daily To The Mosque For Past 65 Years by tbaba1234: 3:37am On Jul 03, 2012
Cheers01:
Following your logic, it wouldnt be too much for Allah to test you like he tested Job. Lose your family and get diseases all over your body. Just a test. grin

I do not own my family nor my health; If Allah takes it away, I am thankful. Those who complain are those who are not grateful enough.

Allah promises in the Quran that He does not test us beyond our capacity... If Allah tests you, it is because you can handle it...

God does not burden any soul with more than it can bear: each gains whatever good it has done, and suffers its bad–...... ' (Surah 2:286)

We do not burden any soul with more than it can bear– We have a Record that tells the truth– they will not be wronged. (Surah 23:62)
[i][/i]

If God gives me a difficulty or a burden, then i can bear it... I just have to be patient and seek His help to remain steady.
Re: Crippled Man Crawls Daily To The Mosque For Past 65 Years by Cheers01: 3:43am On Jul 03, 2012
tbaba1234:

I do not own my family nor my health; If Allah takes it away, I am thankful. Those who complain are those who are not grateful enough.

Allah promises in the Quran that He does not test us beyond our capacity... If Allah tests you, it is because you can handle it...

God does not burden any soul with more than it can bear: each gains whatever good it has done, and suffers its bad–...... ' (Surah 2:286)

We do not burden any soul with more than it can bear– We have a Record that tells the truth– they will not be wronged. (Surah 23:62)
[i][/i]

If God gives me a difficulty or a burden, then i can bear it... I just have to be patient and seek His help to remain steady.

And you would say that atheists have no morals. How can you just say that? Were the black slaves who were our forefathers that were sold and made eunuchs only a test for God? God was testing their wills to be slaves?

This is sad
Re: Crippled Man Crawls Daily To The Mosque For Past 65 Years by tbaba1234: 3:52am On Jul 03, 2012
Cheers01:
And you would say that atheists have no morals. How can you just say that? Were the black slaves who were our forefathers that were sold and made eunuchs only a test for God? God was testing their wills to be slaves?

This is sad

When did being patient and steadfast become a bad trait? Any situation you find yourself, be patient and steadfast... I think that is the moral of the story here.
Re: Crippled Man Crawls Daily To The Mosque For Past 65 Years by Cheers01: 10:22am On Jul 03, 2012
tbaba1234:

When did being patient and steadfast become a bad trait? Any situation you find yourself, be patient and steadfast... I think that is the moral of the story here.

Nope. There is no moral to this story other than focusing on your life rather than having faith.
Re: Crippled Man Crawls Daily To The Mosque For Past 65 Years by LagosShia: 3:53pm On Jul 03, 2012
^

you need to mind your business.you have said before you like drailing religion threads.there are threads started for Muslims and others for Muslims-Christians,some for Muslims-Atheists and others for Shia-Sunni.

you are free to open your own threads and discuss.but you dont have to poke your nose into every thread that is even not meant for you or for you to understand.sometimes it pays to mind your business.i am sure tbaba opened this threads for Muslims and religious people who appreciate submission to God,and thank God for the two legs they have while someone who has none is doing his best to worship God.
Re: Crippled Man Crawls Daily To The Mosque For Past 65 Years by snubish: 7:04pm On Jul 05, 2012
tbaba1234: ^lol, you need to get out of a christian mindset when talking to muslims...

Life is not for fun and enjoyment. Everything we go through in life is a test, Everything we have is a gift, We own nothing not even our legs... We are thankful for what we have been given, we do not despair over what has not been given to us. How you deal with life's challenges determines where and how you will spend your afterlife..

Do people think they will be left alone after saying ‘We believe’ without being put to the test? We tested those who went before them: God will certainly mark out which ones are truthful and which are lying. (surah 29:2-3)

God bless you brother.
Re: Crippled Man Crawls Daily To The Mosque For Past 65 Years by MacDaddy01: 8:28pm On Jul 05, 2012
LagosShia: ^

you need to mind your business.you have said before you like drailing religion threads.there are threads started for Muslims and others for Muslims-Christians,some for Muslims-Atheists and others for Shia-Sunni.

you are free to open your own threads and discuss.but you dont have to poke your nose into every thread that is even not meant for you or for you to understand.sometimes it pays to mind your business.i am sure tbaba opened this threads for Muslims and religious people who appreciate submission to God,and thank God for the two legs they have while someone who has none is doing his best to worship God.

Sharaap.

Unless Tbaba is complaining, there is no need for you to complain.

BTW; why didnt God heal the faithful cripple?
Re: Crippled Man Crawls Daily To The Mosque For Past 65 Years by vedaxcool(m): 8:58pm On Jul 05, 2012
The story is heart wrenching, whenever I read stuffs like these I thank Allah for the comfort I enjoy but do not deserve, only out of his mercy did he make such comforts mine to enjoy!

Logicboy pride and arrogance will certainly ruin man whether in this world or in the hereafter.the devil must have asked the man the same question u are perpetually yapping! Have u even wondered why he kept on struggling all the way to the mosque 5 times a day? Indeed Allah does not guide the arrogant! One thing u atheist have in common with shaytan is pride and arrogance! Learn to humble yourself!
Re: Crippled Man Crawls Daily To The Mosque For Past 65 Years by MacDaddy01: 9:55pm On Jul 05, 2012
vedaxcool:
The story is heart wrenching, whenever I read stuffs like these I thank Allah for the comfort I enjoy but do not deserve, only out of his mercy did he make such comforts mine to enjoy!

Logicboy pride and arrogance will certainly ruin man whether in this world or in the hereafter.the devil must have asked the man the same question u are perpetually yapping! Have u even wondered why he kept on struggling all the way to the mosque 5 times a day? Indeed Allah does not guide the arrogant! One thing u atheist have in common with shaytan is pride and arrogance! Learn to humble yourself!

1)@ the bold part; You thank Allah for not making you a cripple. So what about the cripple? God prefers yo to the cripple? The cripple did not get God's mercy?

2) There is no pride. Simple question; why did God not heal a faithful man who was cripple?
Re: Crippled Man Crawls Daily To The Mosque For Past 65 Years by vedaxcool(m): 9:11am On Jul 06, 2012
duuude! no one can account for Allah's decision in this respect, the same way for examaple of i prayed for a contract that would assist greatly and at the end of the day i did not get, if you ask why did not Allah give me the contract despite my prayers, i will say I don't know, maybe he is testing me, maybe my condition is best for me not having the contract, etc. In this case it could just about anything, the Muslim mindset like thaba indicated earlier should converge with this verse

Every Muslim face one trial or the other, our faith enables us remain steadfast!
Re: Crippled Man Crawls Daily To The Mosque For Past 65 Years by MacDaddy01: 11:18am On Jul 06, 2012
vedaxcool: duuude! no one can account for Allah's decision in this respect, the same way for examaple of i prayed for a contract that would assist greatly and at the end of the day i did not get, if you ask why did not Allah give me the contract despite my prayers, i will say I don't know, maybe he is testing me, maybe my condition is best for me not having the contract, etc. In this case it could just about anything, the Muslim mindset like thaba indicated earlier should converge with this verse

Every Muslim face one trial or the other, our faith enables us remain steadfast!

During christian inquisition, many muslims were taken as slaves, some tortured. Were those muslims on trial from God? Do you know what it is to be tortured? What kind of god would allow such a fate to a person?

Re: Crippled Man Crawls Daily To The Mosque For Past 65 Years by vedaxcool(m): 12:03pm On Jul 06, 2012
vedaxcool: duuude! n[b]o one can account for Allah's decision in this respect, the same way for examaple of i prayed for a contract that would assist greatly and at the end of the day i did not get, if you ask why did not Allah give me the contract despite my prayers, i will say I don't know, maybe he is testing me, maybe my condition is best for me not having the contract, etc. In this case it could just about anything, the Muslim mindset like thaba indicated earlier should converge with this verse[/b]

"logic"boy what I wrote is clear repeating your questions in a different way does not portray you as one being objective!
Re: Crippled Man Crawls Daily To The Mosque For Past 65 Years by MacDaddy01: 12:10pm On Jul 06, 2012
vedaxcool:

"logic"boy what I wrote is clear repeating your questions in a different way does not portray you as one being objective!

No, you are avoiding the question. Avoiding the questions in different ways does not portray you as one being objective.

What kind of God allows slavery and torture?

You wouldnt say that it is God's will if I capture and torture your family to death. Why would you say it for others? Why would you say it is God's will for the crippled man? Why shouldnt your whole family be crippled then? Why is it always God's will for others suffering but you will never, never want to believe that it should happen to you!
Re: Crippled Man Crawls Daily To The Mosque For Past 65 Years by vedaxcool(m): 12:23pm On Jul 06, 2012
vedaxcool: duuude! no one can account for Allah's decision in this respect, the same way for examaple of i prayed for a contract that would assist greatly and at the end of the day i did not get, if you ask why did not Allah give me the contract despite my prayers, i will say I don't know, maybe he is testing me, maybe my condition is best for me not having the contract, etc. In this case it could just about anything, the Muslim mindset like thaba indicated earlier should converge with this verse

Any time you loose an argument you beginning writing slavery, slavery, slavery . . . I wish u good luck in being dishonest to yourself, comparing oranges and Apple does not work anywhere! the logical fallacy is very evident from the fact that the inquisition issue is not the same with one man's experience and steadfastness in his predicament. Allah enjoins mankind to be kind and just with one another when man decides to transgress the bounds set by Allah then we always see the result that is why there is a day of judgement and recompense, if this lesson is lost to you then lost indeed are you!

you can read what happens when your atheist buddies go mad

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-clericalism
Re: Crippled Man Crawls Daily To The Mosque For Past 65 Years by MacDaddy01: 12:31pm On Jul 06, 2012
vedaxcool:

Any time you loose an argument you beginning writing slavery, slavery, slavery . . . I wish u good luck in being dishonest to yourself, comparing oranges and Apple does not work anywhere! the logical fallacy is very evident from the fact that the inquisition issue is not the same with one man's experience and steadfastness in his predicament. Allah enjoins mankind to be kind and just with one another when man decides to transgress the bounds set by Allah then we always see the result that is why there is a day of judgement and recompense, if this lesson is lost to you then lost indeed are you!

you can read what happens when your atheist buddies go mad

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-clericalism

lolololol.

Explain how I lost the argument. You cant even answer simple questions that I asked.

As for anti-clericalism, it shows that you know little about christianity. It has more to do with christianity than atheism.
Re: Crippled Man Crawls Daily To The Mosque For Past 65 Years by MacDaddy01: 12:33pm On Jul 06, 2012
Regarding slavery, I will always bring it up because slavery is how Islam and christianity came to Nigeria. A fact that many religious people like to bury their head in the sand against.

My fellow black west africans were sold as slaves by Arab muslims and turned into Eunuchs. Slavery is still theoretically possible in Sharia law and Slavery is not haraam in the Quran.

Yes, Vedaxcool, I will always bring up slavery. Deal with it. You religion did
Re: Crippled Man Crawls Daily To The Mosque For Past 65 Years by vedaxcool(m): 12:46pm On Jul 06, 2012
^^^^^

What objective people do and rational people do is to address issues specifically, when a thread address a specific issue you simple address that issue not just popping up one allegation after the other finding which one will eventually stick, you atheist need to learn the basics of rational arguments and coherent discussion not just writing slavery because you lost an argument in a desperate bid to save face! shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Crippled Man Crawls Daily To The Mosque For Past 65 Years by MacDaddy01: 12:51pm On Jul 06, 2012
vedaxcool: ^^^^^

What objective people do and rational people do is to address issues specifically, when a thread address a specific issue you simple address that issue not just popping up one allegation after the other finding which one will eventually stick, you atheist need to learn the basics of rational arguments and coherent discussion not just writing slavery because you lost an argument in a desperate bid to save face! shocked shocked shocked shocked

Save face? Your God did not cure a cripple man who was faithful for 65 years. Who needs to save face between me, you and your God?

God does not stop suffering. That is the point that I am making. God did not stop the suffering of the crawling cripple man and neither did he stop slavery.

I brought up slavery as a reference to suffering.

If you think the cripple man was not suffering, try crawling for just 5 metres once everyday.
Re: Crippled Man Crawls Daily To The Mosque For Past 65 Years by vedaxcool(m): 1:01pm On Jul 06, 2012
^^^

Walahi You are not making any sense, go learn how to make simple rational arguments. That is what you need, all this expression of your ineptitude with regards to making coherent points is not portraying you in good light, do the world of atheism a favour by knowing how to make logical points and accepting the wrongness of your flawed thinking! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked BTW when whoever claimed the man didn't suffer? You see what I mean about making Logical points?
Re: Crippled Man Crawls Daily To The Mosque For Past 65 Years by MacDaddy01: 1:05pm On Jul 06, 2012
vedaxcool: ^^^

Walahi You are not making any sense, go learn how to make simple rational arguments. That is what you need, all this expression of your ineptitude with regards to making coherent points is not portraying you in good light, do the world of atheism a favour by knowing how to make logical points and accepting the wrongness of your flawed thinking! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked BTW when whoever claimed the man didn't suffer? You see what I mean about making Logical points?

Simple rational argument; Why would a good and omnipotent God allow unjust suffering?

I never said that you claimed that the cripple man didnt suffer! Read my comment again and notice the use of the word "if"
Re: Crippled Man Crawls Daily To The Mosque For Past 65 Years by maclatunji: 3:14pm On Jul 06, 2012
Logicboy, your questions will be answered at a very auspicious time in your life (I hope not though ), keep asking questions.
Re: Crippled Man Crawls Daily To The Mosque For Past 65 Years by MacDaddy01: 3:30pm On Jul 06, 2012
maclatunji: Logicboy, your questions will be answered at a very auspicious time in your life (I hope not though ), keep asking questions.

You're not the first to make such comments. This leaves me to wonder if Allah will reveal himself to me or that religious people can not answer my simple questions.

(1) (Reply)

Is Smoking Also Shun Upon By Muslims? / Can A Muslim Do This? / Tabarruj Of Henna- Aboo Bannat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.