Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,149 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:26 AM

Prospect Of CIMA (Chartered Institute Of Management Accounting) Holders In NG? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Prospect Of CIMA (Chartered Institute Of Management Accounting) Holders In NG? (7878 Views)

Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant / Chartered Institute Of Cost & Management Accounting(cicma),get Senate Approval! / Nigerian Institute Of Management Registration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prospect Of CIMA (Chartered Institute Of Management Accounting) Holders In NG? by itsme2(m): 10:25am On Jul 03, 2012
Hello nairalanders, Am an accounting undergraduate. Lately i have been considering starting my professional exams but av been in such as big dilemma on which one to start (cima, acca, ican). Personally, i would prefer CIMA. checked it out and it seems more well-rounded (not concentrating too much on the acct part but also going deep into mgt aspect of business) in a nutshell, My major question is,WHAT IS THE PROSPECT OF CIMA QUALIFIED PEEPS IN NIGERIA? Pls i need honest opinions or advice from people in d corporate world or related areas with real life experience. Thanks a bunch.
Re: Prospect Of CIMA (Chartered Institute Of Management Accounting) Holders In NG? by Ufeolorun(m): 5:15pm On Jul 03, 2012
M.A
Sometimes I ask me self whether management accounting is that huge for it to have a dedicated professional training.
I maybe naïve or ignorant hence the above assertion but one of my teachers occasionally suggest that M.A is a dying standalone sub-part of accounting because most of the ideas they fill the syllabus with are very much irrelevant to current business process.
Secondly,you end up doing a lot of mainstream accounting subjects like financial reporting so what's the use of boxing yourself to a corner when you can pick up skills in taxation,financial reporting,audit and assurance and even proper finance ,when you go for ican or acca.
These are my perceptions about management accounting and not necessarily CIMA,do more research on them for proper conclusion.

2 Likes

Re: Prospect Of CIMA (Chartered Institute Of Management Accounting) Holders In NG? by itsme2(m): 11:28pm On Jul 03, 2012
^^^ I kinda agree with you to a vry large extent, but cima also deals alot wit d fin reportin, taxation et.al though wit a great bias 4 mgt courses (went tru dier syllabus on their website), i dnt tink its dat far off frm ican or acca (though i might b wrong) so wat do u tink? Do u tink its nt good enough, resultin in its not-so-high popularity or its because its still relatively new compared 2 acca and ican? Thanx in advance.
Re: Prospect Of CIMA (Chartered Institute Of Management Accounting) Holders In NG? by barin24(m): 10:16am On Jul 04, 2012
The link below should be of great help:

http://jobfinder.com.ng/blog/2012/03/29/16204/
Re: Prospect Of CIMA (Chartered Institute Of Management Accounting) Holders In NG? by itsme2(m): 12:10pm On Jul 05, 2012
^^tanx! Checked it out, it was quite insightful! But my dilemma is which one holds better prospect in naija nw.
Ps- am sorry 4 d late reply, i av bn quite busy.
Re: Prospect Of CIMA (Chartered Institute Of Management Accounting) Holders In NG? by Ufeolorun(m): 9:19pm On Jul 05, 2012
They recently inked an alliance with another American institute and i see this as CIMA's recognition of the fact that there's need to broaden the whole thing and not necessarily the need to go global.the alliance is very strategic i must admit,it opens the American market for Cima and gives cima trainees double competence,another thing is they did not go embarrassing themselves,virtual begging the Yankees like IASB has been doing(annoying embarassed).
I would say go for cima if they offer audit,tax and financial reporting and with the new alliance you end with skills in American Gaap if the Americans continue flip flopping on IFRS.
These qualifications only give you the recognition and attention they do not guarantee much.Our real worth comes from awareness,experience and people.
So whether CIMA,ACCA,ICAN,the edge comes from exp,awareness,people.

1 Like

Re: Prospect Of CIMA (Chartered Institute Of Management Accounting) Holders In NG? by itsme2(m): 12:11am On Jul 07, 2012
These qualifications only give you the recognition and attention they do not guarantee much.Our real worth comes from awareness,experience and people.
So whether CIMA,ACCA,ICAN,the edge comes from exp,awareness,people.
....Word! U nailed it bro. Tanx 4 dat, it actually means alot. Its al boils doin to wat an individual makes of it. Tanx bro!
Re: Prospect Of CIMA (Chartered Institute Of Management Accounting) Holders In NG? by Nobody: 12:42am On Jul 16, 2015
hello sir. am a married man father of 2 of almost 40yrs of age who studied acc as a part-time student but knows little or nothing about acc due to some unpleasant circumstances .kindly advise .me on how best i can make it up to beign an acc guru inspite of my tight schedule. thanks in anticipation

(1) (Reply)

Did You Eventually Fulfill Your Future Ambition? / NSITF Begins Aggressive Enforcement Of Employees’ Compensation Scheme / Nigerian Custom Service Or Sss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.