Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,413 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:48 PM

Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? (18545 Views)

My Father Threw Away My Pot Of Soup. / Is There Anyone Who Can Deliver Liters Of Soup And Stew To Me In Port Harcourt? / Only Meat In The Pot, Who Would You Give? your Father Or Husband? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by Nobody: 8:16am On Jul 04, 2012
helsinki: @SUV your hubby's idiosyncratic demeanor is no doubt pueril[/b]e.If he wants more meat he should give you more money so that after he has satisfied himself there will still be enough to go round for everybody.Even in such a case of a [b]plethora of meat in the stew,he should not be the one to go and take meat from the pot.He should call you to get him more meat.If he eats the meat that you or your children are supposed to eat,that is the height of irresponsibility.But i believe taking meat from the pot as a grown married man is not peculiar to him because there is a child in every adult,something psychologists call childish infantilism, and it is different in every adult.But that should not threaten your marriage,just manage him and manage the situation.

Una too sabi book for this forum. My brain no fit cope.

2 Likes

Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by jusbal(m): 8:21am On Jul 04, 2012
what i will say 2 d issue is dat after preparing ur soup,make some fried meat extra in d fridge 4 ur husband 2 chew anytime his mouth is feeling somehow.shikenna.....
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by Konnektions146(m): 8:41am On Jul 04, 2012
andyanders: madam, I beg, no laugh and no kill meoooooo. Your husband na petty thief. You should please do not let your children follow his footstep, if not, you will finally get armed robbers in your house.

How can a grown up man not get matured and understand that what he is doing is a very bad habit. I cook a lot whenever I am chanced and if my wife is busy, I help her cook. I teach my children always that one do not eat or take meat or fish from the pot of soup or stew whenever he/she is cooking and that it is pure stealing. I let them know that at no point should they take meat from the pot of soup or meet in the absence of their mother or myself.
Your husband's case is like a man that smokes cigarette or takes alcohol in the presence of his children. The children will surely copy their father's attitude and by tomorrow, you cannot advise that child not to smoke or drink.
You need to sit him down and tell him the danger of his action and what it stands to be in the future life of his children. It is a very bad habit. What if his children copies his attitude and when they are been sent on holidays to spend with a family friend or relation and these children go into their host's kitchen and start taking meat from their pot of soup or stew? That is pure stealing and for sure, they will be called thieves.
oga take am easy abeg, how would yu call a man a thief in his home, c`mon

OP, just set aside some fried meat for him in de fridge or anywhere but encourage him not to continue cos yur kids may learn it and its not gonna be good.

dis marriage business sef, see small small things wey dey cause wahala, na wa o
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by ehie007(m): 8:41am On Jul 04, 2012
so funny; if ur husband wasnt eating your food nko...

laughing out loud.
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by abysirius(m): 9:17am On Jul 04, 2012
SUV: my husband is fond of taking meat from the pot of soup/stew after everyone had finished eating.

i asked him why he does that he said his moth is feeling somehow sad

when we were growing up, my mum used to beat our house help for taking meat from the pot, she said its a bad habit. now my hubby is doing the same thin.

The annoying part is that sometimes we may not have surplus meat, we will only hv enof to go round everybody for the meal times, and when he finishes eating the meat in the pot, the real meal time, if there is no meat left to serve the food, he will complain that u are serving food without meat, that it is not proper.

wives in the house, please is anyone feeling or experiencing same thing?

Hubby's in the house, pls what do u guys think i shld do?

pls don't abuse me ohhhhh! i am only saying my mind
As an african man it's very wrong for a man to be doing this- dish stew from the soup pot by himsef not alone taking meat from it anytime he just feels like eating meat. Let's call a spade a spade 'ojukokoro mbawon ja'. Or y would a man be eating meat like he was a wolf. Abi, man don marry make him allow him wife do d thing now! But woman, be sincere to ursef, are u sure u don't normally cheat him wen it comes to sharing ratio...lolz. Otherwise, he no get reason to be doing dis now. Anyway My advice 4 him: tell him meat is murder, it'll be good if he could be a vegetarian.
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by kumar77(f): 9:28am On Jul 04, 2012
well cook good beef and put indocide may be he will stop
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by Nobody: 9:29am On Jul 04, 2012
Lol,i've dat habit too,i cant stand a pot of soup at home,i must finish d whole meat b4 i can rest,but i'm not married sha..
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by Jerros213(m): 11:10am On Jul 04, 2012
ifyalways: Argh woman, wake up.please buy, prepare and place within his reach and eye radius more spicy and tasty pieces of meat. Let him eat as much as his itchy fingers can BUT while he's busy @ your kitchen "stealing" your meat, jejely move yourself to the bedroom and go deal with his wallets and atms. Itchy fingers V itchy fingers.
lol, mine was dealing with baby milks then, when caught he would claim his mouth was bitter. When my nagging and hiding my baby food didn't work, I simply resolved to deal with his wallet and nobody tell am when to stop.

Looking at the economy and considering that all fingers are not equal, have you thought of "empting" your pot after serving everyone?remove all meat from your soup after serving everyone, put the meat in the fridge or freezer. Most men are generally "kitchen lazy" and won't get the strenght to microwave frozen meat.

Already one can tell you're the termagant,wall-eyed bitch of a wife! In actual fact an omen! But good luck to you,you've got a sucker of a hubby so be happy.
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by bestman09(m): 11:48am On Jul 04, 2012
SUV: my husband is fond of taking meat from the pot of soup/stew after everyone had finished eating.

i asked him why he does that he said his moth is feeling somehow sad

when we were growing up, my mum used to beat our house help for taking meat from the pot, she said its a bad habit. now my hubby is doing the same thin.

The annoying part is that sometimes we may not have surplus meat, we will only hv enof to go round everybody for the meal times, and when he finishes eating the meat in the pot, the real meal time, if there is no meat left to serve the food, he will complain that u are serving food without meat, that it is not proper.

wives in the house, please is anyone feeling or experiencing same thing?

Hubby's in the house, pls what do u guys think i shld do?

Would you rather that your husband goes out after dinner to have a plate of pepper soup or nkwobi at the nearest joint when he feels 'somehow'?Thank God that you have someone who enjoys your cooking and home
pls don't abuse me ohhhhh! i am only saying my mind
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by ifyalways(f): 11:59am On Jul 04, 2012
You are a corpse!
Dead, rotten and useless.thank me!
Jerros213:

Already one can tell you're the termagant,wall-eyed bitch of a wife! In actual fact an omen! But good luck to you,you've got a sucker of a hubby so be happy.
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by crackhouse(m): 12:05pm On Jul 04, 2012
Woman stop bringing ur family issues here on nairaland unless u want to get an advice that will make u to hate or divorce ur husband.

1 Like

Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by Bbng(f): 12:13pm On Jul 04, 2012
Come on! You are his wife/friend/"caregiver", not his mother; he appreciates your food, please give him as many peices as he wants and do not scold him (he's not your child!).

Mine likes beef/fish as well and likes to 'taste' as I am broiling/frying/grilling. I actually want him to eat less beef (just cos I don't want him eating so much red meat)so I cut a "normal" sized piece of beef into about 3 or 4 smaller pieces before cooking, so when I serve, the plate looks like its got a lot of pieces as he likes to eat a piece of meat/fish with each spoonful of food.

That works; he's happy, I'm happy!

Please cherish the man and find something that works for both of you.
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by Jerros213(m): 12:30pm On Jul 04, 2012
ifyalways: You are a corpse!
Dead, rotten and useless.thank me!

It really would be my pleasure to tame you,you slop-head
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by Dandybutix: 12:33pm On Jul 04, 2012
You should count yourself lucky that He steals the meat in his wife's pot and not the meat between the legs of the other women outside
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by ifyalways(f): 1:30pm On Jul 04, 2012
Interesting douche bag.
It would be fun to get your a..ss poked, you daft co.ck sucker.
Jerros213:

It really would be my pleasure to tame you,you slop-head
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by hannydarl(f): 2:17pm On Jul 04, 2012
Abeg the woman is not complaining that her hubby loves her meat so much and wants to eat a lot. She probably is complaining cos they have a certain budget, she cooks just enough for the family oga comes and shortens the ration foR others. I bElieve if they had more than enough to go round she will not complain after all she no go throwaway am nau.
As for those saying he worked for it so let him eat, she also worked maybe men should try and sit at home for a year get pregnant, give birth, look good for madam, care for the kids, boink her when ever she wants or she gets it else where,and ontop of it get told often that she will get whatever she wants cos she feeds you.
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by EnnyP(f): 3:11pm On Jul 04, 2012
ifyalways: Argh woman, wake up.please buy, prepare and place within his reach and eye radius more spicy and tasty pieces of meat. Let him eat as much as his itchy fingers can BUT while he's busy @ your kitchen "stealing" your meat, jejely move yourself to the bedroom and go deal with his wallets and atms. Itchy fingers V itchy fingers.
lol, mine was dealing with baby milks then, when caught he would claim his mouth was bitter. When my nagging and hiding my baby food didn't work, I simply resolved to deal with his wallet and nobody tell am when to stop.

Looking at the economy and considering that all fingers are not equal, have you thought of "empting" your pot after serving everyone?remove all meat from your soup after serving everyone, put the meat in the fridge or freezer. Most men are generally "kitchen lazy" and won't get the strenght to microwave frozen meat.

I wish this works for my hubby buh it doesn't. Even after frying d fish n putting it inside d freezer not fridge o, my hubby will eat it. I'll get there only to discover the thing has finished. He'll eat it like ‎​dat frozen n all. If i confront him, he'll jocularly tell me he thot it was crackers. Can u imagine! I got fed up after a while n let him be.
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by papagiddy(m): 3:27pm On Jul 04, 2012
why must u insult and disgrace ur husband this way?? u now brought ur home to d Internet for people to bad mouth. pls why cant u seat with ur husband and settle it with him. the truth is, u have sinned against ur matrimonial home. marriage is an honorable thing!!......abeg ask for forgiveness
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jul 04, 2012
papa giddy: why must u insult and disgrace ur husband this way?? u now brought ur home to d Internet for people to bad mouth. pls why cant u seat with ur husband and settle it with him. the truth is, u have sinned against ur matrimonial home. marriage is an honorable thing!!......abeg ask for forgiveness
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jul 04, 2012
papa giddy: why must u insult and disgrace ur husband this way?? u now brought ur home to d Internet for people to bad mouth. pls why cant u seat with ur husband and settle it with him. the truth is, u have sinned against ur matrimonial home. marriage is an honorable thing!!......abeg ask for forgiveness
common shut up there,a.s.s clown.she asked for advice before she acts funny to the hubby.and how has she committed sin against marriage?you are nothing,but another Pastor okotie in the making..

1 Like

Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by horny4u(f): 4:04pm On Jul 04, 2012
Yomieluv: common shut up there,as.s clown.she asked for advice before she acts funny.and how has she committed sin against marriage?you are nothing,but another Pastor okotie in the making..

hehehehe.....@ another Pastor okotie in the making..
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by Gilbertman(m): 7:01pm On Jul 04, 2012
kkool0411: [color=#990000][/color]

9ce advice
"SUPPORTED"
From:Abysirius - As an african man it's very wrong for a man to be doing this- dish stew from the soup pot by himsef not alone taking meat from it anytime he just feels like eating meat. Let's call a spade a spade 'ojukokoro mbawon ja'. Or y would a man be eating meat like he was a wolf. Abi, man don marry make him allow him wife do d thing now! But woman, be sincere to ursef, are u sure u don't normally cheat him wen it comes to sharing ratio...lolz. Otherwise, he no get reason to be doing dis now. Anyway My advice 4 him: tell him meat is murder, it'll be good if he could be a vegetarian.
"SUPPORTED"
First of all , I hope this is a serious/live thread,not just a post for posting sake.
Whichever way,for real or fun,this is my own contribution.
What we do in the house is being reflected to the rest of the family(Parents are the mirror that the children looks into and form most of their habits and personality).We all knew that it is a coded form of stealing/thieving to be taking meat out of the pot,moreso when everyone else has gotten their rightful portion(for this same reason also, were women/ladies/girls told by their mother, while growing up not to eat or *'taste'* gluttonously while cooking).In those days growing up we were not even allowed to buy Fried fish, fried meat or this 25 penny condensed milk, 'cause we were told it is the beginning of stealing tendencies/vices.The breadwinner wouldn't want his boy grew up with this kind of habit will he? I guess not.

Suggested Solution... (1)If you(the wife) has the time and resources,separate his pot from the general pot(and I do not think this will be stop-proof move as he seems very familiar and 'comfortable' looking around in the kitchen).However for what it is worth you could do that and explain to him that you make his own special and plenty etc.
(2) Take him along with you when you are out shopping, let him not just wait in the car, let him come with you each and every steps of the way..buying the ingredients and bargaining/haggling about the meat(if you are home),if you are abroad, ask him while at the meat market how much lb of meat does he suggest you buy, and even let him choose what part etc. Then when you get home, after relaxation and thanks in your own way to him for accompanying you on the trip, take him through the next leg of preparing/washing the meat/seasoning and cooking it(if he is still standing after all these, I doubt if he will want to taste the meat or come back for more after the usual family serving).
(3)Since the habits doesn't form overnight(and probably you had noticed it during your courtship and let it pass for whatever reason.This is your cross now!!), you may want him to be the one in charge of solely preparing/cooking the meat(he may love it since he is not ashamed of frequenting the kitchen).
4.Variety is the spice of life and everything, start experimenting on different types of meat(if you(through his financing) can afford the luxury and you have no inhibitions towards different meat),such as snail, duck,turtle,guinea fowl/chicken(buy the live g.fowl/hen and make the family join in slaughtering and shedding the feathers).
5.If over 3 weeks or 2 months period of each/any of the above s.slns and no improvement,come back to this thread, give us feedback and the house will sit on it again.There are many ways to give milk to the.......
And on a lighter note,your problem is minute, compare to husbands that drinks/sucks their wives' naturely produce milk while they are nursing angry angry shocked undecided
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by edogram1(m): 8:46pm On Jul 04, 2012
How are u sure ur hubby is not on nairaland
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jul 04, 2012
Chei. Poverty and hunger don kill us for this obodo Nigeria.

The poor man has probably not seen meat before hence this long throat attitute.

Poster abeg give him meat to eat jor before he goes to steal outside. Lol.
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jul 04, 2012
Ujujoan: Chei. Poverty and hunger don kill us for this obodo Nigeria.

The poor man has probably not seen meat before hence this long throat attitute.

Poster abeg give him meat to eat jor before he goes to steal outside. Lol.
GHOST!
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by Nobody: 2:15am On Jul 05, 2012
helsinki: @SUV your hubby's idiosyncratic demeanor is no doubt puerile.If he wants more meat he should give you more money so that after he has satisfied himself there will still be enough to go round for everybody.Even in such a case of a plethora of meat in the stew,he should not be the one to go and take meat from the pot.He should call you to get him more meat.If he eats the meat that you or your children are supposed to eat,that is the height of irresponsibility.But i believe taking meat from the pot as a grown married man is not peculiar to him because there is a child in every adult,something psychologists call childish infantilism,and it is different in every adult.But that should not threaten your marriage,just manage him and manage the situation.

lol you're trying too hard. "childish infantilism"? Have you looked up the meaning of "infantilism"?
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by Nobody: 4:32am On Jul 05, 2012
davidylan:

lol you're trying too hard. "childish infantilism"? Have you looked up the meaning of "infantilism"?

Everyone wants to speak grammar my brother by fire by force cheesy
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by tpia5: 7:21am On Jul 05, 2012
abysirius: As an african man it's very wrong for a man to be doing this- dish stew from the soup pot by himsef not alone taking meat from it anytime he just feels like eating meat. Let's call a spade a spade 'ojukokoro mbawon ja'. Or y would a man be eating meat like he was a wolf.

poverty wont finish us in nigeria!

so oyibo wey dey chop this kind thing at one go:

how you go describe them?

na small pikin you dey compare grown man to?

if he's still feeling hungry after eating a meal, then that means he's not full.

the only issue should be if he has health related reasons for watching what he eats. In the absence of any, why would someone be stressing herself and others over such things.

if there's no money to buy enough meat, then that's different.
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by tpia5: 7:26am On Jul 05, 2012
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by tpia5: 7:29am On Jul 05, 2012
it'll be good if he could be a vegetarian

yes, that way the wife can finish all the meat by herself.

she can serve him this instead:

Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by koolguy88(m): 8:06am On Jul 05, 2012
this is bad habit and should not be condoled, it is totally unacceptable. it must stop. na long throath dey worry the man. na thief thief way oooooooo.
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by Bolarge1(m): 10:45am On Jul 05, 2012
I THINK THE KIND OF SAFE BOX WITH PADLOCK USE IN BANKS OR ACCOUNTANT OFFICE WILL BE NICE TO CHECKMATE UR HUSBAND FROM THE KITCHEN. FUNNY!

IN YORUBA LAND THEY SAY "PERSON WHO NO WANT MAKE ANOTHER PERSON BELLE FULL U BETTER PREPARE IN OWN FOOD SEPERATE.

ALWAYS RESERVE ANOTHER MEAT FOR HIM SPECIAL AFTER NORMAL MEAL. IT IS AN HABIT HE GREW UP WITH THAT IS FINDING IT TO STOP NOW PROBABLY HIS PARENT ALLOWED HIM. I HAVE SEEN SOME PEOPLE THEY CANNOT AFFORD NOT TO SMOKE BEFORE MEAL WHILE SOME MUST SMOKE IMMEDIATELY AFTER MEAL.

AS A MOTHER AND A WIFE IN THE HOUSE THE BEST FORMULAR IS THE FORMULAR U USED TO STOP YOUR CHILD FROM BREAST FEEDING, IF YOU WANT HIM TO STOP. HIDE THE POT OF SOAP FROM HIM AFTER VERY MEAL FOR ABOUT A MONTH HE WILL RE-ADAPT.

BEST OF LUCK.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House / Why Ladies Wear White Gown On Wedding Day / A Nairalander Mother And Son Celebrate Birthday Same Day And Share Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.