Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,421 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:08 PM

Otedola Wants Public Hearing With Reps - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Otedola Wants Public Hearing With Reps (9030 Views)

Panama Papers: Falana Wants Public Officials With Foreign Accounts Tried / Breaking: IGP In A Shouting Match With Reps Over Siege On NASS / PDP Conspiring With Reps To Impeach GEJ - S’South Leaders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Otedola Wants Public Hearing With Reps by RICHIEBOI1(m): 4:13pm On Jul 03, 2012
$3 million bribery: Otedola refuses to speak to Reps, insists hearing on allegations must be public

The Chairman of Zenon Petroleum and Gas Limited, Femi Otedola, on Tuesday honoured the invitation of the House of Representatives Ethics and Privileges Committee probing his alleged $620,000 bribe to the suspended Chairman of the ad-hoc committee, Farouk Lawan which probed the management of the fuel subsidy fund.

The committee then went into a closed door session. However, Mr Otedola requested the hearing should be conducted in public.

“I strongly believe that the interest of the public will not be best served if this investigation is held in-camera,” he said.

The committee had invited the billionaire businessman to explain allegations that he gave $620,000 bribe to Mr Lawan, and the erstwhile secretary, Boniface Emenalo, to get his companies off the list of firms indicted for the alleged mismanagement of oil subsidy funds.

His Speech Here

The Chairman, House of Representatives Committee on Ethics and Privileges,
Honorable Members of the House of Representatives Committee on Ethics and Privileges,
Honorable Members,
This is a matter that has generated a lot of public interest and controversy.
The House of Representatives Committee on the Management of Fuel Subsidy headed by Hon. Farouk Lawan held all its sittings in public.
When this issue arose, the House of Representatives Committee on Ethics and Privileges publicly stated that its investigations will be held in public.
It is therefore surprising and curious that this committee has made a U-turn to hold its investigative sittings in-camera particularly in the light of unfolding events.
I strongly believe that the interest of the public will not be best served if this investigation is held in-camera.
I have nothing to hide and will only speak on this issue when the press and interested Nigerians are allowed to be present at the sittings of this committee.
Thank you.
Femi Otedola, CON
3rd July 2012.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/07/03/3-million-bribery-otedola-refuses-to-speak-to-reps-insists-hearing-on-allegations-must-be-public/

6 Likes

Re: Otedola Wants Public Hearing With Reps by jmaine: 4:21pm On Jul 03, 2012
The reps are scared of their mess grin . . And .Otedola is there to publicly mess them up cool

3 Likes

Re: Otedola Wants Public Hearing With Reps by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jul 03, 2012
Nairalanders if u support the motion say
AYE
If u don't say
NAY

The ayes have it the investigation must be done in Public

5 Likes

Re: Otedola Wants Public Hearing With Reps by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jul 03, 2012
the mosquito voiced farouk has sucked more than he can swallow!
we don't want camera. we want public embarassment!
btw; the fa.ggot called lawan should be phucked by a ten year old mongrel dog!!
Re: Otedola Wants Public Hearing With Reps by vladimiros: 4:27pm On Jul 03, 2012
Otedola remind me of Donald Trump

he knows how to play the public card like a master

1 Like

Re: Otedola Wants Public Hearing With Reps by brownlord: 4:31pm On Jul 03, 2012
RICHIE BOI:

His Speech Here

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/07/03/3-million-bribery-otedola-refuses-to-speak-to-reps-insists-hearing-on-allegations-must-be-public/

Is this. Suppose to be a big problem for them? Why can't the investigation be made public?
Re: Otedola Wants Public Hearing With Reps by SpiritofOkija(m): 4:37pm On Jul 03, 2012
LET HIM SHOUT!!!!!!

We want to see those shameless thieves call another person thief...
Re: Otedola Wants Public Hearing With Reps by yorke1: 4:38pm On Jul 03, 2012
Otedola you got my back on this but that doesn't change the fact that you are a criminal.

1 Like

Re: Otedola Wants Public Hearing With Reps by bubadaniel13: 4:38pm On Jul 03, 2012
Gbam!wetin carry camera come this issue again,when the house exempted itself from Dishoourable Farouk they did'n't do it camera,it's Otedollar own they wan meet in camera so that they collect the balance abi...Otedollar no gree once beaten twice shy.
Re: Otedola Wants Public Hearing With Reps by Jabioro: 4:40pm On Jul 03, 2012
Yes! Better in public,because if he allow it in camera,d rep may twist whatever he says.Moreover they may also try to parley him with to mellow down.As it now d exhibt fund has nt been presented to d police.sometin wrong somewhere beyony Faurok himself.
Re: Otedola Wants Public Hearing With Reps by Ozioma49(m): 4:41pm On Jul 03, 2012
Otedola really has them(the reps)in his pocket

1 Like

Re: Otedola Wants Public Hearing With Reps by jmaine: 4:46pm On Jul 03, 2012
Appears Otebaba is primed to air the Farouk series live on TV as promised cheesy
Re: Otedola Wants Public Hearing With Reps by TBD(m): 4:46pm On Jul 03, 2012
This so call criminal (mr. Femi otedola) has really grow wings
Re: Otedola Wants Public Hearing With Reps by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jul 03, 2012
What do they want to hide from the public eyes ?
Re: Otedola Wants Public Hearing With Reps by Profidada: 4:58pm On Jul 03, 2012
Please mr otedola temper justice with mercy. You have disgraced this honourables enough. Please just pity them because as it stands they are helpless, you have caged them.

1 Like

Re: Otedola Wants Public Hearing With Reps by 3sky: 5:07pm On Jul 03, 2012
otedollar is the real MAN. what are the reps trying to hide, it has already
become public issue so, why in camera this time. I honestly think it was very WISE
of him to have refused to speak so as to gain the the backing of the public.
HE IS INDEED A WISE MAN. [REPS IN TROUBLE PART 2]
Re: Otedola Wants Public Hearing With Reps by Biggyd2: 5:11pm On Jul 03, 2012
Good move. Let him talk and let Flawan sing like a bird too. My thinking is that very soon they might start naming others involved in this mess. And maybe, just maybe we will start hearing about our subsidy report and how to get the cabal mentioned in it(or even those that the House covered up).
Re: Otedola Wants Public Hearing With Reps by Degis(m): 5:17pm On Jul 03, 2012
Oro ti ani ki baba am gbo, baba na ni o pari e. The matter hidden from the Eyes of those who hold the key to resolving it, will eventually be resolved by them. Open o or close o, this matter is in public domain. House of Representatives stop representing your pockets, start representing us
Re: Otedola Wants Public Hearing With Reps by karlmax2: 5:18pm On Jul 03, 2012
Another part of the audio recording has just been released its on channels news or go to channelstv.com facrook na real crook
Re: Otedola Wants Public Hearing With Reps by oiseworld: 5:22pm On Jul 03, 2012
i have always said that, those who wish,ask,demand and prayed for a better nigeria have got their prayers answered.
When this case started, i knew the house was in trouble.

I dey laugh ooohhh.

1 Like

Re: Otedola Wants Public Hearing With Reps by kbdrim(m): 5:22pm On Jul 03, 2012
Nice one from Otedollar.It still doesnt change the fact that you are a snitch and a M0RON.I repeat You are a M0ron
Re: Otedola Wants Public Hearing With Reps by kennytidistar(m): 5:26pm On Jul 03, 2012
OTEDOLLAR THE FASTEST LION YOU ARE REALLY A BRAVO KNOCK THEM DOWN AND NEVER PITY THEM. HOUSE OF ROGUES AND ROBBERS!
Re: Otedola Wants Public Hearing With Reps by jamace(m): 5:27pm On Jul 03, 2012
Chei! See how the hunter don become the hunted o. sad
Re: Otedola Wants Public Hearing With Reps by 3sky: 5:27pm On Jul 03, 2012
Profidada: Please mr otedola temper justice with mercy. You have disgraced this honourables enough. Please just pity them because as it stands they are helpless, you have caged them.

my brother, this is not about having mercy. i want to tell you one secret. you
know what happened Farouk warned the other reps to make sure they pacify this ote
if not he will voice out and if he does all of them will be implicated. This is the simple reason they
wanted an indoor interaction. But i tell you if otedola should dance to their toe, they will screw
him up and nail him to the wall. lets wait and see the reaction from the so called reps
Re: Otedola Wants Public Hearing With Reps by FoRgEteD: 5:32pm On Jul 03, 2012
Camera ke? Video ni?

We are yet to recover from the following camera-induced/video-ladden lies and denials such as:
1. The video was a caricature of myself.
2. I collected money to indict Otedolla.
3. I collected money not bribe.
4. I did not introduce 'cap-banking'. Infact, i wore no cap on that day.
5. The audio was doctered.

Trash! We want it public.

1 Like

Re: Otedola Wants Public Hearing With Reps by FoRgEteD: 5:36pm On Jul 03, 2012
#singing in soundSultan's voice.... When the bushmeat go catch the hunter.... Ole .... Ole .... Ole...#
Re: Otedola Wants Public Hearing With Reps by edicolove: 5:37pm On Jul 03, 2012
ROTFLMAO!!! Where are all the Farouk defenders? Una don go hide? Una nefer see anything! Otedolla the great! See swag! I love this guy pieces!!!
Re: Otedola Wants Public Hearing With Reps by fashizie(m): 5:39pm On Jul 03, 2012
Is it not sad dat the culprits here are the ones dictating how this whole mess spans out.sick n tired of reps summonin people.what is the function of d police sss and the feds?ABNORMAL SOCIETY.

1 Like

Re: Otedola Wants Public Hearing With Reps by Pennywise(m): 5:43pm On Jul 03, 2012
Otedola do not belittle your self by going to the lower house of knaves. Nigerians are solidly behind you. Dont give them more honor than they are due. It will be a terrible mistake.
Re: Otedola Wants Public Hearing With Reps by Skypilot: 5:45pm On Jul 03, 2012
My deduction from all these saga is either,

1. The top heirachy of the  is involved in this bribery saga. It is possible Mr Farouk has faroukioushly shared the money to the officials ãήϑ members of the house ãήϑ they are afraid so that there names will not βε̲̣ mentioned.

2. Probably, Mr Faroukish Farouk definatly ♓ανε something to hide ãήϑ that's why he himself was happy when the house decided to hold ("oku oru") closed door hearing.

3. He who is down fears no fall, Mr Otedola himself knows he is guilty of the fuel subsidy probe ãήϑ decided to set trap so dat all of them will fall together "yakata".

My conclusion (Prophecy) as A̶̲̥̅̊ result of past antecedents e.g elumelu, etteh,Hembe etc is dat, at the end,all the cases (subsidy probe report ãήϑ the bribery scandal) will die A̶̲̥̅̊ natural death. UNLESS Nigeirans are ready to rise ãήϑ protest ãήϑ force justice to βε̲̣ done in this case. QED.
Re: Otedola Wants Public Hearing With Reps by Jymsyno2004yahoocouk(m): 5:52pm On Jul 03, 2012
There is no perfect crime. Its like Lawan has guffed an he knows he cannot cover up even though he hires a 100 SANs. That is why the reps are looking for a deal with otedola in camera

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Immigration Has Opened Their Portal For Recruitment Again! ;D / Police Arrest 4 Men With Stolen Imo Congress Result Sheets / 2023: Buhari Has No Third Term Ambition – APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.