Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,714 members, 7,831,250 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:06 PM

The Issue Of Taxation In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Issue Of Taxation In Nigeria (624 Views)

Multiple Taxation Cause Businesses To Fail - FIRS / The Alarming Rate Of Multiple Taxation In Lagos State / Successful Business Knowledge - 21 Questions And Answers On Taxation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Issue Of Taxation In Nigeria by olajide8(m): 9:17pm On Jul 03, 2012
I have been wondering for sometime at the multiplicity of taxes in Nigeria, and I am of the opinion that if they are fully implemented people would just die as the bills would be to much, I am also fully aware of what some are meant for, but not the majority, after a brief discussion on this forum it has become pertinent for me to get all your info's on the this very pertinent tax issue
1- personal income tax this apply to individuals
2-company income tax companies from their profit
3-education tax (TETfund) from organisations
4-industrial training tax
5-local government income tax for traders or else your shop/store would be closed down
6-premises tax for operating a business
7-advertorial signage tax bill boards movable signage on your official cars
8-VAT & COT on your bank account for current accounts
9- vehicle licenses, drivers licenses, road worthiness, ECMR, universal road usage licenses (car owners)
10- Petroleum equalization taxes charged petroleum logistic support marketers
11- Human tax collectors area boys and area fathers on moving your personal property and building houses(omo oni le)
12-filing of annual returns for corporate organisations
13-VAT and COT on electricity tariff.
Please add more; I want to know the little drops of taxes, that kill small scale businesses without any reciprocating impact on the generality of us that pay them..

(1) (Reply)

Zenith Bank, Firstbank,and Five Other Bank Ranked Among Top Global 1000 Banks / Getpaid Airtime On Your Phone To Signup / Free And Cheap Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.