Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,610 members, 7,809,235 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:17 AM

Difference Between China HP And Original HP? - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Difference Between China HP And Original HP? (66137 Views)

Newly Arrived 16gb Flash Drive And Original Dual USB For Blackberry & Iphones / Which Is Reliable Between Hp And Lenovo Computers? / Original Hp Battery Anyone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Difference Between China HP And Original HP? by motcom(f): 10:12pm On Jul 05, 2012
had a bad experience with HP but was told Dell is better of dont know hw true is dat
Re: Difference Between China HP And Original HP? by strangest(m): 10:13pm On Jul 05, 2012
edrich: pls i need someone to tell me how to find the difference between china hp and original hp and does china hp have original?

You need to rephrase your question first because HP has a genuine office in China. Therefore the term China HP does not out rightly mean a fake product because you can see an original HP laptop with "made in china" on it.. If you actually mean knock off products from China then I believe the best way to avoid such product is to buy from an accredited dealer but mind you it must definitely be more expensive

1 Like

Re: Difference Between China HP And Original HP? by ayobase(m): 10:16pm On Jul 05, 2012
gboss4sure: The truth of the matter is that HP has a china office and I must say that is where majority of the laptops are produced. The laptop am using now was bought in usa from a hp authorised dealer but when I turned the back I see Product Of China written there. China has quality products that is of high quality even they exports to us and other country, why it looks like they don't have good quality products is because of the way Nigerian importers presented them to us.

If a nigerian importer wants to buy for example a television set, they will go to china and ask the manufacturer to reduce the quality to make it affordable for them to cover up their expenses, that's it bro.

Just go to any distributor, you can find there addresses from the hp website

This is a simple summary!

1 Like

Re: Difference Between China HP And Original HP? by ayobase(m): 10:19pm On Jul 05, 2012
bernie amce: pls how do i post tips discovered from my other research on NL?

Copy and paste or link!
Re: Difference Between China HP And Original HP? by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jul 05, 2012
kokosheen: @OP, please save your money and buy apple (Macbook pro or Air). The day u use one, u'll find it very hard to go use inferior product like HP. I've a HP laptop somewhere in my wardrobe (of all places abi?) cos I just got tired. It heats up, battery life is scrap, it hangs when playing games with heavy graphics, and the list goes on.
Get a Mac (Pro or Air), partition the darn tin and run both MAC & Windows OS on it. My take sha.

Heating up and hanging? Maybe your laptop is of low spec bruv. I may be wrong so do you mind sharing the specs? I know people running high graphics games on icore3 n AMD Radeon graphics card without any issues.

And HP is not inferior at all, you can't label some series of HP envy that cost over $2000 or HP elitebook that cost over $3000 as inferior. HP services everyone in the market. To simply put it, you get your moneys worth!

Xionez: The smell alone might tell you. Sniff the vent of the laptop, if it has a strong heavy metal smell like burnt plastic, its probably chinko.
Also check for any defects on the laptop like rough edges,ugly stickers, creaking hinges etc.

Lolz. I don't think you can detect a fake from the smell. All new electronics have that strong smell you mentioned.

1 Like

Re: Difference Between China HP And Original HP? by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jul 05, 2012
I got my most recent HP laptop from a top computer retailer in the UK. It's got made in China stamped all over its box. It's got a made in China label underneath the laptop itself as well. So not quite sure of what OP meant.

It's also well known that electronic products made for European and American market last longer and are more durable due to strict quality control set by their gorverment than the ones made for some Asian and African markets. Nokia is so guilty of that. I remember a time computer village was flooded with those inferior original Nokias. So I won't be suprised if HP has several manufacturing lines in China servicing different markets. The so called authorised dealers might be selling the low quality ones as well.

If I was to buy an HP laptop anywhere in naija. I won't play smart by trying to detect its quality on my own. I would just inform seller that I want an HP made for the US/EU market. I would also let seller know that I would verify it online.

1 Like

Re: Difference Between China HP And Original HP? by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jul 05, 2012
Chinese product has repugnant paint smell. The cuts and designs are not streamlined. Just open it and take a peep at the edges and see how the are unevenly the same. The last thing, labels usually carry made in China.
Re: Difference Between China HP And Original HP? by ariyebaba(m): 11:02pm On Jul 05, 2012
1000 COMPUTERZ NIG.ENT (R).
#13, COMMISSIONER'S LODGE WAY,BY ILORIN GOLF CLUB,BESIDE INTERNAL REVENUE,OPP.KWARA-HOTELS,GRA,ILORIN.

WE OFFER FOR SALE BRAND NEW LAPTOPS @ POCKET FRIENDLY PRICES.

* HP MINI-ATOM/160GB HDD/1GB RAM/WIFI/USB PORTS/CARD READER/NO DVD DRIVE/10.1’’SCREEN SIZE/CAM/WIN 7 @ 45K

*HP MINI-INTEL ATOM/1GB/250GB/WC/BT/CARD READER/RED,BLUE, BLACK&WHITE COLOURS/NO DVD/USB PORTS/UP TO 4 HRS BATTERY LIFE/10.1” @ 53K OR 2GB/320GB/6 CELL BATTERY @ 58K

*ACER MINI - INTEL ATOM/1GB/250GB/WC/BT/WIFI/3G BROWSER/ USB PORTS/GOOD BATTERY LIFE/10.1”/WIN 7 @55K

* ACER MINI-ATOM/500GB HDD/2GB RAM/CAM/BTH/WIN 7@60K

* SAMSUNG MINI-INTEL ATOM DUAL CORE/320GB HDD/2GB RAM/CAM/BTH/WIN7 @60K

* SONY MINI-ATOM/250GB HDD/1GB RAM/CAM/BTH/WIN 7 @60K (COLOURS AVAILABLE)

* DELL MINI-ATOM/1GB/250GB/CAM/WIN 7/5HRS BATTERY @50K (+BT @ 53K)

*DELL INSPIRION- INTEL CELERON/2GB RAM/320GB HDD/CAM/BTH/DVD @ 75K

* HP 635 AMD/2GB RAM/320GB HDD/CAM/BTH/DVD + FREE BAG @ 78K
* CQ 57/INTEL DUAL CORE/4GB RAM / 500GB HDD/CAM/DVD @ 85K.
*HP 4530/CORE i3/4GB RAM/750GB HDD/CAM/BTH/BLUERAY/DVD@115K
*HP 2540P I5/4GB RAM/320GB HDD/CAM/BTH/DVD@160K
*HP 8460P i5/4GB RAM /320GB HDD/CAM/BTH/FINGER PRINT@170K
*HP 8560P i5/4GB RAM/500GB HDD/ 1GB VRAM/CAM/BTH/FINGER PRINT@ 190K

* IPAD 3 /16GB/WIFI/4G/BT@ 115K
MACBOOK PRO/INTEL CORE i5/4GB RAM/500GB HDD/CAM/BTH@ 220K
SAMSUNG 32'' LED TV @ 80K
SAMSUNG 40'' LED TV @ 105K.

ALL THE ITEMS STATED ABOVE ARE BRAND NEW WITH 1 YEAR MANUFACTURER WARRANTY.

CHARGERS,BATTERIES,CAMERAS,CAMCORDERS,BAGS,SCREEN,UNIVERSAL MODEMS,ROUTERS,PROJECTORS & OTHER I. T ACCESSORIES.

FOR FURTHER ENQUIRIES CALL- 08036819899

DELIVERY NATION WIDE.
Re: Difference Between China HP And Original HP? by legalwealth(m): 11:20pm On Jul 05, 2012
Me I no even get problem as I wan order my next laptop HP pavilion DV7 with 8GB RAM from HP original for $1,300 with my PayPal cash as I have $900 now.

Na confirm original be that...

This na hint that you can buy original directly from their website using your payoneer,Africard,Zenith surf card or better still,your verified PayPal account as you can reach me via

0 8 0 9 1 8 3 3 8 6 6 for more enquiries about how to go about this.
Re: Difference Between China HP And Original HP? by pendusky(m): 11:52pm On Jul 05, 2012
Scarpon: any thing China is written made in china
lol what abt the one made in nigeria with the inscription 'made in china'
Re: Difference Between China HP And Original HP? by chrizfasa(m): 11:58pm On Jul 05, 2012
there is no differences between then. What i am saying here is the real truth.
Don't allow any person to decieve you this is real that why is sold for so so amount and the other is fake that why is sold for so so amount, lier. For laptop just check if microsoft certified it, that mean if there is microsoft certification logo is on the back of your laptop.
Be wise. Nor go give any person extra cash for any laptop they are all the same oooooooo. Even the so called hp dealer no differences too.
Re: Difference Between China HP And Original HP? by ochukoccna: 12:01am On Jul 06, 2012
chucky234: but the truth is that the iphones were designed and manufactured by a Chinese company called Foxconn.
foxconn is an American company based in texas
They deal in precision instruments and semi conductor technology
get your facts right
Re: Difference Between China HP And Original HP? by ochukoccna: 12:12am On Jul 06, 2012
I believe I can understand why some peeps detest HP
I do too now
My US spec DV9910us model didn't last 4 months before it packed up
due to overheating
I do a google search and see DV 2000,6000 and 9000 series had the same issue& were charging users with warranty about $350 for a new motherboard when it was clear the fault was theirs due to defective NVIDIA chips
So much that HP got hit with a class action suit
Regardless of the hype regarding HP's Elite7 Envy,once beaten twice shy
I'm into Toshiba and Dell for now
Phuck HP men tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Difference Between China HP And Original HP? by charlsecy4(m): 12:18am On Jul 06, 2012
betrani: One shop was offering it for 98k(HP gb6; 4gb RAM, 500HDD) and d other 120K(HP gb6; 4gb RAM, 500gb HDD) is it that d first shop is offering me a china HP? Can any one save me?

Maybe the processor of the cheaper one is AMD, while that of the more expensive one is Intel. Both could be genuine, probably just different processors.

1 Like

Re: Difference Between China HP And Original HP? by tnktosin(m): 1:21am On Jul 06, 2012
wow, anything made in china is now fake?
Re: Difference Between China HP And Original HP? by Nobody: 1:57am On Jul 06, 2012
ochukoccna:
get your facts right
It belong to Taiwanese!
Re: Difference Between China HP And Original HP? by Murphy7h4: 2:11am On Jul 06, 2012
Very nice![img]http://www.50centloseweight.com[/img]
Re: Difference Between China HP And Original HP? by iykak47: 2:40am On Jul 06, 2012
ochukoccna:
get your facts right
Bros, Foxconn is not an American company,it's a Taiwanese mutinational company.
Re: Difference Between China HP And Original HP? by doofanc: 5:11am On Jul 06, 2012
charlsecy4:

Maybe the processor of the cheaper one is AMD, while that of the more expensive one is Intel. Both could be genuine, probably just different processors.

not necessarily. I've seen HP laptops with EXACTLY the same specs (ROM, RAM, processor type) having different prices, sometimes as much as 10k. I was told the cheaper one was the China made one.

Though like most people have said, labour in China is a lot cheaper than it is in the US or Europe, so that could account for the disparity. It may not necessarily be of an inferior quality.
Re: Difference Between China HP And Original HP? by hustla(m): 5:36am On Jul 06, 2012
kokosheen: @OP, please save your money and buy apple (Macbook pro or Air). The day u use one, u'll find it very hard to go use inferior product like HP. I've a HP laptop somewhere in my wardrobe (of all places abi?) cos I just got tired. It heats up, battery life is scrap, it hangs when playing games with heavy graphics, and the list goes on.
Get a Mac (Pro or Air), partition the darn tin and run both MAC & Windows OS on it. My take sha.

I've always wanted to do just this....
Thinking of getting the solar-powered Sansung now tho'
Re: Difference Between China HP And Original HP? by dabrake(m): 6:33am On Jul 06, 2012
the keys have this chinese inscriptions/alphabet alongise our english alphabets on them
Re: Difference Between China HP And Original HP? by Idyllic: 6:38am On Jul 06, 2012
Re: Difference Between China HP And Original HP? by Nobody: 6:50am On Jul 06, 2012
Just passing
Re: Difference Between China HP And Original HP? by keneslow: 7:33am On Jul 06, 2012
maryjames9: There's lot of misconception here.I sell laptops,so i have an authority here.More than 90% laptops and even electronics are assembled in china by companies like hp,dell and other make.They have offices in china due to their cheap labour and favourable business environment than U.S which have heavy tax. There's no such laptop as fake hp or original hp. For the poster dat said he saw the same spec of laptop for 98 and 120k respectively. It's possible the clock spead is different and even if it's the same the shop you buy it matters a lot. There are shops that have already made name and dont gun for small profit no more,while others who desperately want customers.Besides,fluctuation in market dynamics affects pricing. You can get a genuine laptop delivered to you at the comfort of your room by Delmak Technology in lagos, ibadan, ilorin by caln 08062144308. Thanks

Bros Biko don't mislead people trying to market your company. There is a difference, and it is all down to quality control set by different governments. Basically there are standards and benchmarks that you must meet before you can sell your product in a specific market.
Re: Difference Between China HP And Original HP? by ydtaurus5: 7:48am On Jul 06, 2012
most products in IT are manufactured in china,but samsung uses korea,they use the chinese manpower cos its cheap.to knw difference 1.there is a shinning seal across the opening of the product.2.buy from authorised dealer listed on their website if any issue u cn go back and sue them 3.wen u get it,go to d website and type ur product numba and seriel numba to check the originality,if it is manufactured by HP it will show u frm d record. american power/electricity is diff frm naija,even wen u buy oda gadget
Re: Difference Between China HP And Original HP? by ydtaurus5: 8:18am On Jul 06, 2012
hustla:

I've always wanted to do just this....
Thinking of getting the solar-powered Sansung now tho'
yes you can get it,its cheap 65k wil get u one.bt buy frm authorised dealer too.
Re: Difference Between China HP And Original HP? by enquirydon: 9:07am On Jul 06, 2012
ALL laptops are frm china i.e product of china .The different is that, the standard are different from one region to another region e.g u can't compare the UK,America standard to Dubai or Asia,African standard .My people all this so call dealer will using u 2 make money, just ask which standard of product are they selling .I sell UK and America standard.but I prefer d America standard to other standard because , I have a rest on mind.ALL product with one yr warranty
Re: Difference Between China HP And Original HP? by Nobody: 9:15am On Jul 06, 2012
Scarpon: any thing China is written made in china
...truth is u r mostly ignorant. 98% of Laptops d world over r produced in China,by American companies etc. Why? Its cheaper to produce in China,cheaper labour etc. Even Apple as a company no longer produces in USA,....all Apple Iphones,Ipads etc r produced in China,...pls check dis out to confirm wat I just sed. Now d diffference is: for every piece of electronics produced in China,dia is a diff standard/specification for diff counteries/markets. Dats why 4 d same model of a Hp laptop shipped to d USA frm China and dt shipped to Naija frm China,....d diff in performance & tins like battery life wud b poles apart. Don't ask me y dis is so,ask our Naija business men who import des products. If u doubt my claims,get someone to buy u a Hp laptop frm Ghana,and den compare its performance wit one bought in Naija (Same model)
Re: Difference Between China HP And Original HP? by Oxone(m): 9:17am On Jul 06, 2012
Most electronics and other products are produced in china by the manufacturer cos of cheap labour but they ensure that their products meet the quality control set by different governments.

yeah they all come with warranty but warranty centers are setup to service warranties for specific regions. What most people dont know is that a laptop meant for the US market wont be serviced by the warranty centers in Nigeria. so its actually adviceable to buy one thats meant for whatever region the laptop is meant to be used in if u want warranty. Redington is one of the major service centers for HP,DELL,TOSHIBA....in nigeria and would usually give you such warranty information. all they'll require is the product & serial number of the laptop

1 Like

Re: Difference Between China HP And Original HP? by mikekelech(m): 9:45am On Jul 06, 2012
I'm a toshiba fan! Recently I decided to try Hp, cos my experience with toshiba is that it actually doesn't boast of the battery power HP has! So I decided to try Hp gb6! 4gb RAM and 500gg HDD! I decided to by this because a friend of mine got a 8gb RAM and 750gb HDD from london for approximately 145K! I knw d prices won't b d same in the first place! I was estimating 120 for my spec! When I set out to get this system! One shop was offering it for 98k(HP gb6; 4gb RAM, 500HDD) and d other 120K(HP gb6; 4gb RAM, 500gb HDD) is it that d first shop is offering me a china HP? Can any one save me?

(Qu

es
@ Betrani u just have to shine your eye when u are about to buy any laptop. to be on the safe side just make sure u get ur computer from HP authorized dealer, whereby the compter willbe given to u with warranty.it possible that some coputer can be cloned and still be tagged HP so shine ur eyes
Re: Difference Between China HP And Original HP? by TheGeneral1(m): 9:52am On Jul 06, 2012
Please I just bought hp laptop(pavilion dv6 8GB RAM). How can I partition it without doing new installation). Any help?
Re: Difference Between China HP And Original HP? by Nobody: 11:45am On Jul 06, 2012
Its simple...Almost all electronics are made in china nowadays.

The only difference is conformity to standards.
We have two specific category of china products

China for Africa
China for US and Europe.

Due to their standards check and organizations like ISO and FCC which check the quality of products coming to these European countries and the US there's always a conformity to standards by manufacturers but when it comes to Africa , we got no standards so anything goes. Thats why you see sub standard products in here.

Just try as much as possible to make sure you aren't buying China for Africa.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Computer Professional Body In Nigeria / Sending Executable Files Through Gmail / Come in for laptop replacement battery⚡⚡ deals in Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.