Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,750 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:16 PM

Why Was Part Time Programe Not Suspended In Polytechnics. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Was Part Time Programe Not Suspended In Polytechnics. (9143 Views)

GRE & TOEFL Testing Suspended In Nigeria / Covenant Universisy Has Spoken : Prof. Aize Obayan, Was Not Suspended / FG Reaction On ASUP Strike In Polytechnics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Was Part Time Programe Not Suspended In Polytechnics. by Prettypresh(f): 12:55pm On Jul 04, 2012
NUC suspended part time programes in university, why was it not also suspended in polytechnics nd universities of education, make we know sey no more part time programes in Nigeria.
Re: Why Was Part Time Programe Not Suspended In Polytechnics. by Acidosis(m): 1:44pm On Jul 04, 2012
Good question
Re: Why Was Part Time Programe Not Suspended In Polytechnics. by mitofag: 5:06pm On Jul 04, 2012
Because polys are way better than unis
Re: Why Was Part Time Programe Not Suspended In Polytechnics. by Soocool1(m): 5:14pm On Jul 04, 2012
i don't think they care bout polytechnics @ all
Re: Why Was Part Time Programe Not Suspended In Polytechnics. by inspirenet: 5:20pm On Jul 04, 2012
wink
mitofag: Because polys are way better than unis
Re: Why Was Part Time Programe Not Suspended In Polytechnics. by localboy: 5:21pm On Jul 04, 2012
Different bodies run the two institutions...NUC feels the universities running part time program do not produce good graduates & for polytechnics...NTBE runs the institutions..

4 Likes

Re: Why Was Part Time Programe Not Suspended In Polytechnics. by lifestyle1(m): 5:24pm On Jul 04, 2012
Prettypresh: NUC suspended part time programes in university, why was it not also suspended in polytechnics nd universities of education, make we know sey no more part time programes in Nigeria.

Relax bro, them go soon suspend poly too..
Re: Why Was Part Time Programe Not Suspended In Polytechnics. by dont8(m): 5:26pm On Jul 04, 2012
Because it's higher secondary school and it's not recon with.
Re: Why Was Part Time Programe Not Suspended In Polytechnics. by cyril83(m): 5:29pm On Jul 04, 2012
You shud have directed the question to Asup...who am I to provide you a suitable answer
Re: Why Was Part Time Programe Not Suspended In Polytechnics. by cyril83(m): 5:31pm On Jul 04, 2012
in your nightmare....abeg wake up its dawn
Re: Why Was Part Time Programe Not Suspended In Polytechnics. by tessyade: 5:39pm On Jul 04, 2012
Prettypresh: NUC suspended part time programes in university, why was it not also suspended in polytechnics nd universities of education, make we know sey no more part time programes in Nigeria.
Simply because NUC control universities and has nothing to do with polytechnics.
Re: Why Was Part Time Programe Not Suspended In Polytechnics. by zuchyblink(m): 5:39pm On Jul 04, 2012
part time programme is something a country cannot do without.nigerian will always show how inefficient they are in administration

1 Like

Re: Why Was Part Time Programe Not Suspended In Polytechnics. by kawkab: 5:42pm On Jul 04, 2012
Posters in Nairaland are realy funny. They are turning the forum into a comic site. You must reply to any post if you don't have the answers rather than being insulting or giving foolish answers.

NUC regulates Universities while NBTE regulates Polytechnics, monotechnic and other specialized institutions. Thus Polytechnics are outside the sphere of control of NUC and as such they cannot make pronouncement stopping part time programmes in polytechnics.

2 Likes

Re: Why Was Part Time Programe Not Suspended In Polytechnics. by chemberlin(m): 5:46pm On Jul 04, 2012
Frm my own point of view, most part time students graduates and claim they shd have more edge than HND graduate, so if they join the programme with polytechnic then it balanced...you too think of it
Re: Why Was Part Time Programe Not Suspended In Polytechnics. by antsut(m): 5:51pm On Jul 04, 2012
I don't know! Why not ask NUC?
Re: Why Was Part Time Programe Not Suspended In Polytechnics. by Clemzy16(m): 6:27pm On Jul 04, 2012
Did i hear you say university of education.
Re: Why Was Part Time Programe Not Suspended In Polytechnics. by mrperfect(m): 6:38pm On Jul 04, 2012
Isn't necessary.
Re: Why Was Part Time Programe Not Suspended In Polytechnics. by polosky: 6:42pm On Jul 04, 2012
Guy, na 4 ur own nightmare......,,.so na u got wake up
Re: Why Was Part Time Programe Not Suspended In Polytechnics. by decrox199(m): 6:57pm On Jul 04, 2012
private universities I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ action....billions of naira 4d nuc officials
Re: Why Was Part Time Programe Not Suspended In Polytechnics. by jmslimx(m): 7:14pm On Jul 04, 2012
cyril83: in your nightmare....abeg wake up its dawn

I guess you didn't go through a poly , well i went to one and what i am today is because of my polytechnic . I remember then uniport final year computer science students bring there projects to me for solution.

read this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Institute_of_technology
Re: Why Was Part Time Programe Not Suspended In Polytechnics. by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jul 04, 2012
life_style:

Relax bro, them go soon suspend poly too..
Wake up Bro.. It can neva be.. Nt now sha.
Re: Why Was Part Time Programe Not Suspended In Polytechnics. by wandeay: 7:34pm On Jul 04, 2012
NUC regulates universities while NBTE regulates polytechnics and others
Re: Why Was Part Time Programe Not Suspended In Polytechnics. by tpbehappy(m): 7:38pm On Jul 04, 2012
When we ask questions please let it be an intelligent one, NUC doesnt regulate polytechnic there is a body that regulates poly and that is NBTE. To me our leaders have no vision and this is the problem we face in Nigeria day to day. A blind man leading the blind, you all knw where they will all land. Our govt no dey try.
Re: Why Was Part Time Programe Not Suspended In Polytechnics. by udbyron1(m): 8:15pm On Jul 04, 2012
hmmmm me no get say 4 this talk ohhh
Re: Why Was Part Time Programe Not Suspended In Polytechnics. by Krosslife(m): 8:32pm On Jul 04, 2012
Eh! This is amazingly crazy. I cant imagine how many students will be affected. I pray NBTE will not give the same order.
Re: Why Was Part Time Programe Not Suspended In Polytechnics. by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jul 04, 2012

I know for a fact that this is untrue
Re: Why Was Part Time Programe Not Suspended In Polytechnics. by Maxdiamond(m): 9:31pm On Jul 04, 2012
2 b honest,poly students is far better than uni students.d kind of poly test questions,examination questions or assignment are pure theory written ones than dat of uni wic is merely OBJ.uni students has noting 2 offer wen compare wit poly students.poly students are good in wot ever u can tink of and even in work environment compare 2 uni students.
Re: Why Was Part Time Programe Not Suspended In Polytechnics. by likitaboka(f): 9:39pm On Jul 04, 2012
Max'diamond:
2 b honest,poly students is far better than uni students.d kind of poly test questions,examination questions or assignment are pure theory written ones than dat of uni wic is merely OBJ.uni students has noting 2 offer wen compare wit poly students.poly students are good in wot ever u can tink of and even in work environment compare 2 uni students.
God bless you tongue
Max'diamond:
God bless you
Re: Why Was Part Time Programe Not Suspended In Polytechnics. by Shakidor: 9:49pm On Jul 04, 2012
I though they said it is suspended and not cancelled, right? It does mean we dont run part time any more nao, those NUC's can wake up 2mao and cont. it again nao. Itz only suspended 4 whiles, it will continue later as l heard.
Re: Why Was Part Time Programe Not Suspended In Polytechnics. by desertboom(m): 9:53pm On Jul 04, 2012
please, I need an answer from someone. Does this suspension also apply to post graduate part time in the university? (both Msc and Pgd)

1 Like

Re: Why Was Part Time Programe Not Suspended In Polytechnics. by tunapawizzy: 9:54pm On Jul 04, 2012
Max'diamond:
Laffin ma fecking Ass out...we know where u r coming from...Pele. Even if ur ryt, don't let low self esteem destroy U.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Men That Made Science Very Difficult In One Picture / Only FUTA Offers This Course In The Whole West Africa / Jamb Registration Mistakes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.