Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

Covenant Universisy Has Spoken : Prof. Aize Obayan, Was Not Suspended - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant Universisy Has Spoken : Prof. Aize Obayan, Was Not Suspended (3138 Views)

See Covenant University Mobile Phone Outlaw Undertaking / Why Was Part Time Programe Not Suspended In Polytechnics. / Newsflash: ASUU Strike Has Been Suspended! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Covenant Universisy Has Spoken : Prof. Aize Obayan, Was Not Suspended by tobezekiel(f): 12:58am On Jun 22, 2013
Covenant University has denied allegation that its former Vice-Chancellor, Prof. Aize Obayan, was suspended as the Director of the Education Commission of the Winners Chapel for altering examination results for some students in the Department of Mass Communication.

The university, in a statement on Wednesday, said the report published by an online medium, was meant to malign the name of the institution.

It said, “We wish to categorically state that the story is utter falsehood and a mere conjecture whose intent and purpose is to malign the good name of the University and that of Professor Obayan as well as other officers mentioned in the story.”

The university said the alleged suspension of Obayan’s “excellent performance” in office VC for seven years was responsible for her appointment into the office of the Education Secretary for one year.

The statement also denied the allegation that the former VC’s daughter was a beneficiary of result manipulation.

The university, which regretted that its own side of the story was not sought before it was published, said it had a zero tolerance for examination malpractice or fraud in whatever form.

It said, “As a Christian Mission University, our mandate and core values negate such practice as we drive a zero tolerance policy for examination malpractice or fraud in whatever guise.”

VIA THE PUNCH NEWSPAPER JUNE 20/6/2013:
Re: Covenant Universisy Has Spoken : Prof. Aize Obayan, Was Not Suspended by UyiIredia(m): 10:54am On Jun 22, 2013
Thanks for the info. I had my doubts. Would like to meet you when I resume.
Re: Covenant Universisy Has Spoken : Prof. Aize Obayan, Was Not Suspended by Olalekan0(m): 8:00am On Jun 23, 2013
And what about the several current students and graduates of Covenant Uni who have confessed to have paid to upgrade their grades? Are they lieing against themselves? n
Re: Covenant Universisy Has Spoken : Prof. Aize Obayan, Was Not Suspended by tobezekiel(f): 2:59pm On Jun 25, 2013
Uyi Iredia: Thanks for the info. I had my doubts. Would like to meet you when I resume.
are u a student
Re: Covenant Universisy Has Spoken : Prof. Aize Obayan, Was Not Suspended by UyiIredia(m): 11:29am On Jul 30, 2013
tobezekiel: are u a student

Sure. I deferred my resumption till the 2013/2014 session but with the increase I'm going to face challenges paying. I hope I'll make it though.
Re: Covenant Universisy Has Spoken : Prof. Aize Obayan, Was Not Suspended by tobezekiel(f): 10:49pm On Aug 03, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Sure. I deferred my resumption till the 2013/2014 session but with the increase I'm going to face challenges paying. I hope I'll make it though.
amen..

(1) (Reply)

After Being Abandoned These 7 Kids Found A Way To Survive In Nature On Their Own / See What This Man Did That Shocked Everybody In ABU Zaria Yesterday / List Of Science Courses To Study Without Biology

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.