Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,242 members, 7,818,826 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:04 AM

Just Graduated From Medical School,what Are М̣̣̥̇̊Ɣ Options - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Just Graduated From Medical School,what Are М̣̣̥̇̊Ɣ Options (2509 Views)

I Graduated With 2.2,can I Have My Masters In Canada? / Back To Nigeria After Medical School? / Tony Elumelu Of UBA Graduated With Third Class? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Just Graduated From Medical School,what Are М̣̣̥̇̊Ɣ Options by trendphemmy(m): 1:56pm On Jul 04, 2012
What else can  do with М̣̣̥̇̊Ɣ certificate,apart from staying in d hospital and attending to patient wen am being paid little change, is dere any other thing i can use it for?what are d other qualifications i can get to make it boom.
Re: Just Graduated From Medical School,what Are М̣̣̥̇̊Ɣ Options by igboboy3(m): 9:27am On Jul 07, 2012
Have you completed ur house job? You can specialize in virgin areas like Chemical Pathology and Anaesthaesiology. The demand is still very high, unlike for Surgeons and Obstetricians. A Masters in Public Health or an M.Sc would put you in line for a prime post in the Health Administration.
Don't be too concerned about 'booming' into millions. Medicine can only take you thus far.
Re: Just Graduated From Medical School,what Are М̣̣̥̇̊Ɣ Options by TCD: 7:12pm On Jul 07, 2012
sign up for the USMLE's. write the steps,get good scores then disappear to USA to practice medicine. You won't regret.
Re: Just Graduated From Medical School,what Are М̣̣̥̇̊Ɣ Options by trendphemmy(m): 1:44pm On Jul 08, 2012
igbo-boy:
Have you completed ur house job? Don't be too concerned about 'booming' into millions. Medicine can only take you thus far.
U̶̲̥̅̊ saying medicine can't give millions but dat is y i came here for advice. I don't wanna be like every other consultant earning change
Re: Just Graduated From Medical School,what Are М̣̣̥̇̊Ɣ Options by gem70: 6:31am On Jul 09, 2012
if you want millions then you are in the wrong proffession..

2 Likes

Re: Just Graduated From Medical School,what Are М̣̣̥̇̊Ɣ Options by trendphemmy(m): 4:19pm On Jul 10, 2012
gem70: if you want millions then you are in the wrong proffession..
but i have seen doctors having millions not from hospitals. If i happen to be in d management or working with d who. What are М̣̣̥̇̊Ɣ chances? Is dere any hope of turning М̣̣̥̇̊Ɣ certificate to millions
Re: Just Graduated From Medical School,what Are М̣̣̥̇̊Ɣ Options by igboboy3(m): 7:58am On Jul 11, 2012
Turning your certificate into millions. . .not meaning to burst your bubble but, the MBBS degree is not a ticket to the land of dollars and pounds. Doctors who have made the kind of money you speak of, have done so not because of good clinical acumen but probably good business or political nous. Do you know any examples of such doctors. Let's dissect 'em here and see what they did right.
Re: Just Graduated From Medical School,what Are М̣̣̥̇̊Ɣ Options by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jul 11, 2012
U want millions without adding anything extraordinary to the medical profession? Find a cure for AIDs or sumthing and u will make millions. Medicine is a noble profession, not a millionaires club. Try politics or business.
Re: Just Graduated From Medical School,what Are М̣̣̥̇̊Ɣ Options by trendphemmy(m): 2:47pm On Jul 11, 2012
U̶̲̥̅̊ guys are right,М̣̣̥̇̊Ɣ own personal hospital will need millions to set up, adding business to medicine is d only way out or joining politics,
Re: Just Graduated From Medical School,what Are М̣̣̥̇̊Ɣ Options by AjanleKoko: 12:59pm On Jul 12, 2012
@trendphemmy,

I suggest you take up arms and become the next Shina Rambo.
Millions will follow shortly undecided
Re: Just Graduated From Medical School,what Are М̣̣̥̇̊Ɣ Options by ow11(m): 2:57pm On Jul 12, 2012
1. Doctors harvesting organs for the black market are handsomely rewarded

2. You can also set up an abortion clinic around hair dressing salons and female secondary schools. . .Nigerian teens are h0rny and stewpid!

3. Get a job as a Junior resident

1 Like

Re: Just Graduated From Medical School,what Are М̣̣̥̇̊Ɣ Options by DisGuy: 5:33pm On Jul 12, 2012
[b][/b]
trendphemmy: but i have seen doctors having millions not from hospitals. If i happen to be in d management or working with d who. What are М̣̣̥̇̊Ɣ chances? Is dere any hope of turning М̣̣̥̇̊Ɣ certificate to millions
if you happen?? you think the people there just went from college to management? it doesnt just 'happen' they put the work in for several years before they got into management

oh boy na to dey fear some mbbs holders o, dem dey shook eyez,

coming from a future doctor i dey fear ooo y'all better count you organs when you come out of the hospital
Re: Just Graduated From Medical School,what Are М̣̣̥̇̊Ɣ Options by ayox2003: 6:00pm On Jul 12, 2012
trendphemmy: U̶̲̥̅̊ saying medicine can't give millions but dat is y i came here for advice. I don't wanna be like every other consultant earning change

Then find a problem and solve it!

OR

Follow your passion like Micheal Burry.

U might want to read about him here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Burry

Frawzey
Re: Just Graduated From Medical School,what Are М̣̣̥̇̊Ɣ Options by AjanleKoko: 6:05pm On Jul 12, 2012
^^
Mind you, the stock market has collapsed already grin
Hope the OP gets the point though.
Re: Just Graduated From Medical School,what Are М̣̣̥̇̊Ɣ Options by trendphemmy(m): 4:29pm On Jul 14, 2012
Am talking about addition qualification like,masters in public health,consultant in cardiology,medical economics,which one is d best
Re: Just Graduated From Medical School,what Are М̣̣̥̇̊Ɣ Options by igboboy3(m): 11:23pm On Jul 17, 2012
There is no 'best'. Some choose the academic route and become professors, others take the clinical route and become consultants. Some successfully combine both. Others may delve into health mgt. Just choose ur niche and be a pro. A masters in public health might be a boost to your CV.
"No doctor ever died from poverty" Prof. G.C Ezeilo

(1) (Reply)

Access Bank Aptitude Test / Re: Chartered Institute Of Administration / Sterling Energy Exploration And Production Company (SEEPCO).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.