Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,949 members, 7,828,329 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:28 AM

South-west Integration Agenda, A Deceit - Babatope - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South-west Integration Agenda, A Deceit - Babatope (659 Views)

Jonathan Not A Corrupt Leader – Ebenezer Babatope / Jonathan won’t contest in 2019 – Babatope / Stop Antagonizing Jonathan's government, Ebenezer Babatope Tells Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

South-west Integration Agenda, A Deceit - Babatope by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jul 04, 2012
A Chief of the Peoples Democratic Party, Chief Ebenezer Babatope, on Tuesday, said the proposed economic integration of the South-West by the Action Congress of Nigeria, was deceptive.

Babatope, who spoke with journalists in Akure, the Ondo State capital, said the people of the zone had seen that the ACN had not performed up to expectation, adding that the electorate would reject them in subsequent elections.

He said, “Our people cherish their welfare and freedom but they have not seen these from the ACN government since they took over. Whoever that must preach integration must respect the values of our people.”

He attributed the failure of the PDP to retain its control of the South-West to the fact that leaders of the party were disunited.

He said, “The PDP lost elections in the South-West because we were disunited. It is not possible for any party to take over South West on the basis of deceit. Our people are politically sophisticated.

“What has the ACN governments done so far in their respective states that could convince the people of South West that they are capable of packaging an agenda that can deliver dividends of democracy to our people?”

“As for us in the PDP, we have learnt our lessons now and we are not going to make such silly mistakes again because the people punished us severely.”

Babatope said he had not seen enough seriousness on the part of the Ondo State chapter to suggest that it was prepared to win the October 20 governorship election.

“The PDP has picked Olusola Oke, but I am yet to see the seriousness in the party going for the election with the zeal to win.

“Mimiko is working well in the state; I passed through Ondo on my way to Edo State recently and I saw the achievements of Mimiko. If I have my way, I will seek the permission of my party to vote for him.”

However, Oke who reacted to Babatope’s statement through a member of his campaign team, Mr. John Mafo, said the PDP leader was yet to acquaint himself with the latest developments in the state.

http://www.punchng.com/news/swest-integration-agenda-a-deceit-babatope/
Re: South-west Integration Agenda, A Deceit - Babatope by Afam4eva(m): 3:32pm On Jul 04, 2012
I don't know why people must play politics with everything. What is wrong with working together as a region to achieve a common goal?
Re: South-west Integration Agenda, A Deceit - Babatope by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jul 04, 2012
afam4eva: I don't know why people must play politics with everything. What is wrong with working together as a region to achieve a common goal?

He's a member of the PDP, what do you expect?

(1) (Reply)

A Rejoinder To Pastor Bakare's Sermon On How To Change Govt Peacefully / Power Can Remain In The Hands Of An Infidel - Elrufai / Gbong Gwom Jos Calls For Formation Of Vigilance Groups

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.