Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,766 members, 7,809,947 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:39 PM

I Will Meet Boko Haram Members For Dialogue – Dasuki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Meet Boko Haram Members For Dialogue – Dasuki (11562 Views)

Breaking: Boko Haram Elements Reach Out For Dialogue - Sahara Reporters / Goodluck Jonathan Agrees To Meet Boko Haram Leader One-on-one / Amnesty Committee Offers To Meet Boko-Haram In Any Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Meet Boko Haram Members For Dialogue – Dasuki by Mrchippychappy(m): 6:58pm On Jul 04, 2012
http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/52669-i%E2%80%99ve-contacts-of-boko-haram-members-for-dialogue-%E2%80%93-dasuki.html

[img]http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/thumbnail.php?file=SECURITY_682893267.jpg&size=article_medium[/img]

[size=14pt]The National Security Adviser, retired Col. Sambo Dasuki said on Wednesday in Jos that he had contacts of key Boko Haram leaders for possible dialogue with the group.
Dasuki, who spoke in Jos during a meeting with stakeholders in Plateau, said that he was planning to meet with the group on the need for it to cease fire and embrace dialogue as soon as possible.

``I was in Yobe and Borno States last week and I have got the telephone numbers and contacts of key Boko Haram members and I will meet with them.
``I saw the dangerous effect of Boko Haram in these states and what I saw was pathetic.

" But I have the mandate to put heads together with religious and traditional leaders as well as the state governments to ensure an immediate ceasefire,” THE News Agency of Nigeria quoted Dasuki as saying at the meeting.
According to him, he is in Plateau for on-the-spot assessment of the security challenges and in furtherance of the Federal Government’s peace efforts, particularly across the northern part of the country.
He expressed confidence that the people of Plateau could put their problems behind them and forge ahead with genuine peace and reconciliation.

``I have a stake in Plateau because I have lived in Pankshin and Jos when my father resided here. So if we lived peacefully way back then, it is possible to go back to those good old days.
``Before now, it is difficult for me to believe that you can see a Fulani and Berom man together on the street of Plateau fighting.
'' But the presence of various ethnic and religious groups at this parley is a pointer to the fact that we want to forge ahead.”

In his remarks, Governor Jonah Jang regretted that the emergency rule in the state had not achieved the intended effect as the attacks on the affected local government areas had continued unabated.
On dialogue with Boko Haram, Jang said that it was difficult to dialogue with the group since its leaders and members were not known.

He therefore urged the group to come out and identify itself.
``We only hear that Boko Haram claims responsibility for this and that attack but we never heard anybody coming out to say he is Boko Haram.
``We know the Niger Delta militants had leaders and a cause they were fighting for which made late President Umaru Yar’Adua to succeed with the amnesty programme but, who is Boko Haram?”
Jang alleged that some influential people were behind the sect in view of the sophistication of its operations and insisted that the sponsors must be dealt with by the appropriate authority.
In his remarks, a member of the House of Representatives, Bitrus Kaze, alleged insincerity and lack of will on the part of the government to implement various reports on Jos crises.
``In the last 10 years, no single person has been convicted for the crisis on the Plateau.
"So what you have is a situation whereby the assailants have become hardened and continued to carry on with the attacks with impunity,” Kaze said.

The parley had in attendance, traditional, religious and community leaders, heads of security services, women, youth groups, and government functionaries, among others.[/size]
Re: I Will Meet Boko Haram Members For Dialogue – Dasuki by Sunofgod(m): 7:05pm On Jul 04, 2012
Interesting - Negotiating with terrorists?

Boko Haram have got GEJ by the 'Balls'.

If the so called dialogue puts an end to these indiscriminate attacks then so be it.

As long as we dont end up a 'Sharia country' with a 'Sharia' educational system.

Its a pity we dont have a better 'intelligence agency' that could follow up the leads Dasuki has.

If these his Boko contacts are key members, then they should be made to give up the names of the financiers.
Re: I Will Meet Boko Haram Members For Dialogue – Dasuki by Tyche(m): 7:49pm On Jul 04, 2012
In Nigeria, it pays to be an outlaw.

5 Likes

Re: I Will Meet Boko Haram Members For Dialogue – Dasuki by Mrchippychappy(m): 7:54pm On Jul 04, 2012
Sun of god: Interesting - Negotiating with terrorists?

If it puts an end to these indescriminate attacks then so be it.

As long as we dont end up a 'Sharia country' with a 'Sharia' educational system.

[size=14pt]Haha that's the mistake we are about to make . Negotiating with the terrorists wouldn't stop Nigeria from becoming an Sharia republic , it would only set us on the PATH to becoming one because once we negotiate with the terrorists we would have played the cards they've been waiting for by acknowledging their strength and presence , you have made them feel relevant . The Terrorists would make ridiculous demands THEY KNOW the government wouldn't accept and when the dialogue breaks down the terrorists would have found an excuse to increase their bombing campaign . Mali's government made the same mistake by double speaking : On one end they promised to squash the Islamists , on the other end they promised to negotiate with them and now look at the mess in Mali. [/size]

4 Likes

Re: I Will Meet Boko Haram Members For Dialogue – Dasuki by gaddafe(m): 8:28pm On Jul 04, 2012
This is pure madness and stupidity in the highest order. Why should govt be negotiating with terrorist. And even if they want to, should they make it public? Silly govt official. Go ahead and solve the problem. No one is interested in your strategies. Them just give am job, e still dey shack am, dats why him dey form bado, abi?

3 Likes

Re: I Will Meet Boko Haram Members For Dialogue – Dasuki by betrani(m): 5:12am On Jul 05, 2012
mayb I shld start somethin! so that I would ve FG dialogin with me! that go make sense and I would be very popular! grin grin grin grin grin tcheweeee! laf wan crack my ribs. na wah negociating wit who? terrorists? u nor well! another clown on ijaw outfit abi na isoko wear!
Re: I Will Meet Boko Haram Members For Dialogue – Dasuki by redcliff: 5:16am On Jul 05, 2012
Insane man. He sed he has the numbers of key bokos. Can't they perform intelligence operations? Have network companies they use monitor their every move? When a new bomb is being made, who their associates are and start taking them one by one. Trust me, when spying on someone and the person doesn't know, u r more than a million steps ahead

1 Like

Re: I Will Meet Boko Haram Members For Dialogue – Dasuki by Ahmedie25(m): 5:29am On Jul 05, 2012
Sentiment has blocked our sense of reasoning,why condeming dialogue with bokoharam when Yar'adua dialogue with Niger Delta guys & it work, sentiment is Nigeria worst problem

1 Like

Re: I Will Meet Boko Haram Members For Dialogue – Dasuki by Korrection(m): 5:30am On Jul 05, 2012
If dialogue can stop the bombings and killings of innocent nigerians why not go for it...??

1 Like

Re: I Will Meet Boko Haram Members For Dialogue – Dasuki by Nobody: 5:42am On Jul 05, 2012
Ahmedie25: Sentiment has blocked our sense of reasoning,why condeming dialogue with bokoharam when Yar'adua dialogue with Niger Delta guys & it work, sentiment is Nigeria worst problem
i tire o. All d militants don be big boiz for ph,we wey no carry gun dey sleep for nairaland dey find job.
Re: I Will Meet Boko Haram Members For Dialogue – Dasuki by waja(m): 5:45am On Jul 05, 2012
He was an ex Aide to IBB, one of those that failed during regional selection. Why won't him know them. He waited until He was appointed NSA b4 He could get their contact. Woe to them.

3 Likes

Re: I Will Meet Boko Haram Members For Dialogue – Dasuki by Jerry2i(m): 5:50am On Jul 05, 2012
Tyche: In Nigeria, it pays to be an outlaw.
Re: I Will Meet Boko Haram Members For Dialogue – Dasuki by Kakability(m): 5:52am On Jul 05, 2012
At this point we truely dont need a soothsayer to tell us that IBB,is there number financier. Now they appointed his guy as NSA and all of a sudden he got the keys members of BH fone numbers, pathetic am still laugh cuz nigeria is a seasonal movie.
Re: I Will Meet Boko Haram Members For Dialogue – Dasuki by Kakability(m): 5:53am On Jul 05, 2012
At this point we truely dont need a soothsayer to tell us that IBB,is there number financier. Now they appointed his guy as NSA and all of a sudden he got the key members of BH fone numbers, pathetic am still laugh cuz nigeria is a seasonal movie.
Re: I Will Meet Boko Haram Members For Dialogue – Dasuki by Nobody: 5:55am On Jul 05, 2012
Let's learn from the United States. Whatever the circumstance is, THEY DON'T NEGOTIATE WITH TERRORISTS. Rather they respond to terror with terror.
Re: I Will Meet Boko Haram Members For Dialogue – Dasuki by Jerry2i(m): 5:58am On Jul 05, 2012
gaddafe: This is pure madness and stupidity in the highest order. Why should govt be negotiating with terrorist. And even if they want to, should they make it public? Silly govt official. Go ahead and solve the problem. No one is interested in your strategies. Them just give am job, e still dey shack am, dats why him dey form bado, abi?
no mind d 'sambo' guy.n cum 2 tink of it,hw did he get dia contact?
Re: I Will Meet Boko Haram Members For Dialogue – Dasuki by overkillR(f): 5:59am On Jul 05, 2012
These guys can't be serious!
Re: I Will Meet Boko Haram Members For Dialogue – Dasuki by yyb14: 6:01am On Jul 05, 2012
The same way fed govt negotiated with niger delta terrorists
Re: I Will Meet Boko Haram Members For Dialogue – Dasuki by Jerry2i(m): 6:06am On Jul 05, 2012
@ ahmedie,d N.D militants wia fightin 4 a just cos,wat can we say abt d B.H,fightin 4 sharia in naija or wat?
Re: I Will Meet Boko Haram Members For Dialogue – Dasuki by AbdulAdam56(m): 6:10am On Jul 05, 2012
nedu213: Let's learn from the United States. Whatever the circumstance is, THEY DON'T NEGOTIATE WITH TERRORISTS. Rather they respond to terror with terror.
if dat is the way we can have peace in naija,why not go for it,guys me i don tire 2 dey here bad news killin, bombin,explosions,but if u guys dont want the negotiation come back 2 the north nd see wat is happenin there
Re: I Will Meet Boko Haram Members For Dialogue – Dasuki by Abuklaw(m): 6:14am On Jul 05, 2012
betrani: mayb I shld start somethin! so that I would ve FG dialogin with me! that go make sense and I would be very popular! grin grin grin grin grin tcheweeee! laf wan crack my ribs. na wah negociating wit who? terrorists? u nor well! another clown on ijaw outfit abi na isoko wear!
u beta support dasuki coz there are many ways menace cud b curb 2 wh ich dialogue is a party.
Re: I Will Meet Boko Haram Members For Dialogue – Dasuki by deshclones(m): 6:21am On Jul 05, 2012
obakovich:
i tire o. All d militants don be big boiz for ph,we wey no carry gun dey sleep for nairaland dey find job.

Ur statement cracked me up man....ever heard of the sentence.."No pain no gain"...where u dey when dose N.D guys dey huslle and fight for creek?? U de house dey chop mama thank ma...now you wan follow N.D guys wey don hussle,suffered and even shed blood...#begi park well....go start something man...good or bad...just start something
Re: I Will Meet Boko Haram Members For Dialogue – Dasuki by signified: 6:33am On Jul 05, 2012
Ahmedie25: Sentiment has blocked our sense of reasoning,why condeming dialogue with bokoharam when Yar'adua dialogue with Niger Delta guys & it work, sentiment is Nigeria worst problem

You are unreasonably talking out of points and I will advise you to stop commenting if you do not have any sensible thing to contribute. How can you compare Niger Delta activities to Bokoharam killings in any way. Do you have value for human life? I guess you are one of them from the way you sound. I tell you what, even if the Federal government negotiates with them to an agreement, it will not work. What will they be talking about? religiously sharing Nigeria or bringing back the innocent lost live? Nothing can change now or ever with those cold blood murderers in the name of religion. I tell you the truth, there are so many people patiently waiting to identify the group in the bid to take their pound of flesh and for that reason bokoharam can never survive in Nigeria. The government should not waste tax payers money on mass murderers and that is the honest truth. They have gone too far now to negotiate anything, they sincerely do not qualify and I am sure they are already aware. They have killed our parents, brothers, sisters cousin's aunties uncles and our government plans to negotiate what? Its a shame! This will remain an endless battle until they are completely brought to book and erased from the country called Nigeria. They cannot get away, not now, not ever!

4 Likes

Re: I Will Meet Boko Haram Members For Dialogue – Dasuki by ofala(m): 6:41am On Jul 05, 2012
DUMB! I sincerely don't think it is proper to negotiate with those that had murdered over 1000 innocent Nigeria without reasons. The global practice against terrosists should be applied
Re: I Will Meet Boko Haram Members For Dialogue – Dasuki by mu2sa2: 6:42am On Jul 05, 2012
Late Yar'adua negotiated with terrorists and succeeded, why should negotiating with another set of terrorists be perceived as wrong? Dont tell me that Niger Delta militants were known and fighting for a cause. BH is also the same:their leaders are not jinns, and from 2001 to 2009 BH never engaged in violence, just preaching for social justice and end to corruption. So, it's easy to deal with BH if there is sincerity from FG. People who advocate force and more force forget that violence begets violence. Ask Americans - ten years in Afghanistan with all their missiles, drones, intelligence and MONEY and they hav failed to secure even Kabul the capital city. Dont expect that our rag-tag security forces, corrupt and unreliable as they are,can fare better here.Dialogue, dialogue,dialogue is better than violence. Let's all work for peace and surely God will hear our prayers for peace.

1 Like

Re: I Will Meet Boko Haram Members For Dialogue – Dasuki by teskyg: 6:43am On Jul 05, 2012
@ signified.U are right on point.They should be wipe off the Face of this earth.They have taken Innocent lives and don't deserve to live.
Re: I Will Meet Boko Haram Members For Dialogue – Dasuki by Ozonna(m): 6:46am On Jul 05, 2012
I think I know where this will lead us to, Creation of "Ministry of Core North" and a Pledge by GEj never 2 contest in 2015 nor install any "Arne" as his successor. However,how will ND militants feel when the fG starts using their "Oyel"money to be settling Boko boys? Ur guess is as good as mine.

Therefore,the solution is still for GEj to present a "True federalism" bill personally to both houses of NASS. So that the Economy of core north'll settle Boko boys, ND economy'll continue settling Militants, Igbo economy'll settle MASSOB and Yoruba economy'll settle OPC,etc.

2 Likes

Re: I Will Meet Boko Haram Members For Dialogue – Dasuki by Nobody: 6:49am On Jul 05, 2012
During the media chat presido said no negotiation with the group, institing they were faceless. Less than two weeks now this dude av gotten the contacts of their top members for negotiation
Conclusion:
All of you are Boko Haram
Re: I Will Meet Boko Haram Members For Dialogue – Dasuki by Beaf: 6:52am On Jul 05, 2012
The only good reason to negotiate with boko haram is to gather them together and kill the bastards. angry

1 Like

Re: I Will Meet Boko Haram Members For Dialogue – Dasuki by blkmum700: 6:55am On Jul 05, 2012
Mr.chippychappy:
http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/52669-i%E2%80%99ve-contacts-of-boko-haram-members-for-dialogue-%E2%80%93-dasuki.html

[img]http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/thumbnail.php?file=SECURITY_682893267.jpg&size=article_medium[/img]

[size=14pt]The National Security Adviser, retired Col. Sambo Dasuki said on Wednesday in Jos that he had contacts of key Boko Haram leaders for possible dialogue with the group.
Dasuki, who spoke in Jos during a meeting with stakeholders in Plateau, said that he was planning to meet with the group on the need for it to cease fire and embrace dialogue as soon as possible.

``I was in Yobe and Borno States last week and I have got the telephone numbers and contacts of key Boko Haram members and I will meet with them.
``I saw the dangerous effect of Boko Haram in these states and what I saw was pathetic.

" But I have the mandate to put heads together with religious and traditional leaders as well as the state governments to ensure an immediate ceasefire,” THE News Agency of Nigeria quoted Dasuki as saying at the meeting.
According to him, he is in Plateau for on-the-spot assessment of the security challenges and in furtherance of the Federal Government’s peace efforts, particularly across the northern part of the country.
He expressed confidence that the people of Plateau could put their problems behind them and forge ahead with genuine peace and reconciliation.

``I have a stake in Plateau because I have lived in Pankshin and Jos when my father resided here. So if we lived peacefully way back then, it is possible to go back to those good old days.
``Before now, it is difficult for me to believe that you can see a Fulani and Berom man together on the street of Plateau fighting.
'' But the presence of various ethnic and religious groups at this parley is a pointer to the fact that we want to forge ahead.”

In his remarks, Governor Jonah Jang regretted that the emergency rule in the state had not achieved the intended effect as the attacks on the affected local government areas had continued unabated.
On dialogue with Boko Haram, Jang said that it was difficult to dialogue with the group since its leaders and members were not known.

He therefore urged the group to come out and identify itself.
``We only hear that Boko Haram claims responsibility for this and that attack but we never heard anybody coming out to say he is Boko Haram.
``We know the Niger Delta militants had leaders and a cause they were fighting for which made late President Umaru Yar’Adua to succeed with the amnesty programme but, who is Boko Haram?”
Jang alleged that some influential people were behind the sect in view of the sophistication of its operations and insisted that the sponsors must be dealt with by the appropriate authority.
In his remarks, a member of the House of Representatives, Bitrus Kaze, alleged insincerity and lack of will on the part of the government to implement various reports on Jos crises.
``In the last 10 years, no single person has been convicted for the crisis on the Plateau.
"So what you have is a situation whereby the assailants have become hardened and continued to carry on with the attacks with impunity,” Kaze said.

The parley had in attendance, traditional, religious and community leaders, heads of security services, women, youth groups, and government functionaries, among others.[/size]

i thought your boss said he doesn't know them,How come you Are trying to meet with them and who gave you their Numbers when Your boss said he doesn't know who is BH.

2 Likes

Re: I Will Meet Boko Haram Members For Dialogue – Dasuki by Sealeddeal(m): 6:57am On Jul 05, 2012
To end the bloodletting in nigeria,negotiation may be a gud way for that.we have to know first,what we are looking for.if we are looking for peace,we need to negotiate but if we are looking for justice,we keep on fighting..but dnt forget that,blood will continue to be shed as long as the fight goes on.For those that are saying,boko haram has killed our brothers,our parents,our children,therefore,no negotion..i want to remind them that in the course of continued hostility,more people's blood are likely to be shed.i do know sincerely that boko haram activity cant be compared with Militancy in Niger delta but it should be know that negotiation is not only made for niger delta type militancy.Negotiation is made in interest of peace.Boko haram is creating a bad image of nigeria,frustrating the govt,drawing nigeria back and the worst is that its quite obvious that nigeria govt cant stop boko haram with war.America can fight terrorism for many reasos quite obvious but they still never won any.America yearly security budget sometimes do reach 750billion dollars.America techinical sophistry is not comparable to any oda nation in the world.America intelligence agency is 3rd in the world.America military capability is greatest.yet,america never stopped terrorism against them.so saying dat since america doesnt negotiate,we should negotiate is a big error and arrant ignorance.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tambuwal Remains Speaker Until Conclusion Of Substantive Suit - Court / Ambode Donates 50million Naira To IDPs In Three State For Upkeep / Nigeria Earns N3.27trn From Oil In 10 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.