Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,771 members, 7,817,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:56 AM

Has Your HTC Phone Ever Crashed? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Has Your HTC Phone Ever Crashed? (5989 Views)

Top 5 Reason Why Tecno Is Still The Worst Android Phone Ever / Ask Questions Concerning Your Htc Touch Pro 2. / download 2go on your HTC windows phone, and run any java files on it.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Your HTC Phone Ever Crashed? by FlyboyZee: 5:20am On Jul 05, 2012
I bought an HTC HD2 the month it was released and ever since then I have been using this Windows Mobile for over three years, say about 4 years now and have never had any issues with it. I have friends and relations who bought their own Blackberry phones later, but are no longer using them. I'm yet to hear anybody complaining of his/her Windows Mobile crashing, which is a common thing among Blackberry users.

Dear N'Landers, this is not a Blackberry bashing thread or an HTC adoring one, all I ask from forumites is this: Don't HTC phones crash? What has been your experience with HTC phones in terms of virus infection and crashing, especially for people who have had both devices?
Re: Has Your HTC Phone Ever Crashed? by chidooh1: 11:41am On Jul 05, 2012
my htc fone crashed sometime last year due to large download of cab apps, i flashed it and the fone came back like new fone. I always enjoy my htc fone.
Re: Has Your HTC Phone Ever Crashed? by fesse(f): 3:20pm On Jul 05, 2012
Yes mine crashed last month.
Re: Has Your HTC Phone Ever Crashed? by maki(f): 3:26pm On Jul 05, 2012
No way my HTC phone is still intact.... sensational XL
Re: Has Your HTC Phone Ever Crashed? by SpiritofOkija(m): 3:27pm On Jul 05, 2012
I have used 3 Windows Mobile phones in my life and I can tell you for free they all crash.. If all you use your phone for is basic music and games and calls, then dont expect any drama. But if you are like me who uses every part of his device (including to use the battery to jumpstart my car lol), then you will experience hell..

Windows Mobile phones I've used include;

1. Asus P525

2. HTC TYTN

3. HTC Desire Z

All crashed so many times I cant even estimate a figure for you!
Re: Has Your HTC Phone Ever Crashed? by Boyoorisha: 3:38pm On Jul 05, 2012
Flyboy Zee: I bought an HTC HD2 the month it was released and ever since then I have been using this Windows Mobile for over three years, say about 4 years now and have never had any issues with it. I have friends and relations who bought their own Blackberry phones later, but are no longer using them. I'm yet to hear anybody complaining of his/her Windows Mobile crashing, which is a common thing among Blackberry users.

Dear N'Landers, this is not a Blackberry bashing thread or an HTC adoring one, all I ask from forumites is this: Don't HTC phones crash? What has been your experience with HTC phones in terms of virus infection and crashing, especially for people who have had both devices?

Now you have heard it! You could have gone straight to the point by saying you prefer HTC to blackberry grin
Re: Has Your HTC Phone Ever Crashed? by norrisman: 3:38pm On Jul 05, 2012
My HTC Charmer (WM5), HTC TyTN II (WM6) and HTC Touch Pro 2 (WM6.5) all hang die! I restart phone tire.

My HTC Desire Z (Android 2.3) is the worst. This one just switches off sometimes and wont turn on unless you remove the battery and re-insert it.

I still like HTC phones though.
Re: Has Your HTC Phone Ever Crashed? by ndcide(m): 3:41pm On Jul 05, 2012
it has poor battery life.
Re: Has Your HTC Phone Ever Crashed? by phuckNL: 3:44pm On Jul 05, 2012
Flyboy Zee: I bought an HTC HD2 the month it was released and ever since then I have been using this Windows Mobile for over three years, say about 4 years now and have never had any issues with it. I have friends and relations who bought their own Blackberry phones later, but are no longer using them. I'm yet to hear anybody complaining of his/her Windows Mobile crashing, which is a common thing among Blackberry users.

The only way your HD2 is/has not crashed is by avoiding any apps. If you actively get online and use apps, this is the king of crashers. I have done hard resets so many times i've lost count. Your question is even funny. Asking if a windows based phone crashes? WINDOWS is synonymous to crashing. If you use the phone just as a phone without any apps, then maybe you may be fine. Try installing "waze" - the gps app and run it..God help you if you receive a call while running it. The phone go just kpafuka

1 Like

Re: Has Your HTC Phone Ever Crashed? by k10: 3:47pm On Jul 05, 2012
HTCs are made to last, I still use my P3400 windows mobile after over 4 years
Re: Has Your HTC Phone Ever Crashed? by DelePhd: 3:47pm On Jul 05, 2012
My first HTC phone was HTC 9600 (I think). I bought a used one, which I used for over a year. It developed a fault and kept on showing that it's connected to power even when it's not; this lead to the eventual crashing of the phone.

Presently, I'm using HTC pro 2, which I bought sometime in March this year. I'm afraid it going the way of my first HTC, it kept showing the ear-piece, even when I've unplugged it. I took it Computer village, the guy damaged the ear piece port yet it's still displaying the ear piece. Right now, it's of no use, except for browsing because I can't make or receive calls with it.

I'll appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.
Re: Has Your HTC Phone Ever Crashed? by Snipose(m): 4:27pm On Jul 05, 2012
My HTC One X has never Crashed!!! BTW i own a BB too and i'm not afraid to state that BB Crap.
Re: Has Your HTC Phone Ever Crashed? by SpiritofOkija(m): 4:28pm On Jul 05, 2012
Snipose: My HTC One X has never Crashed!!! BTW i own a BB too and i'm not afraid to state that BB Crap.

Its either you are using that BB model wey no get camera or You need Jesus!

1 Like

Re: Has Your HTC Phone Ever Crashed? by Snipose(m): 4:30pm On Jul 05, 2012
Spirit of Okija:

Its either you are using that BB model wey no get camera or You need Jesus!

naah!!! if d BB9900 is what u mean, i think i've found Jesus.
Re: Has Your HTC Phone Ever Crashed? by SpiritofOkija(m): 4:47pm On Jul 05, 2012
Snipose:

naah!!! if d BB9900 is what u mean, i think i've found Jesus.

Well, the 9900 is actaully a crappy phone.. Very dissapointing!! So I can understand you now.

And If you've found Jesus, then I must say congratulations.. Take a Pic of him with your BB and publish it and ask him whats taking him so long to return!!

1 Like

Re: Has Your HTC Phone Ever Crashed? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jul 05, 2012
DelePhd: My first HTC phone was HTC 9600 (I think). I bought a used one, which I used for over a year. It developed a fault and kept on showing that it's connected to power even when it's not; this lead to the eventual crashing of the phone.

Presently, I'm using HTC pro 2, which I bought sometime in March this year. I'm afraid it going the way of my first HTC, it kept showing the ear-piece, even when I've unplugged it. I took it Computer village, the guy damaged the ear piece port yet it's still displaying the ear piece. Right now, it's of no use, except for browsing because I can't make or receive calls with it.

I'll appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.

HA, U gave your phone to the butchers at computer village to fix. Sorry dude. Maybe an hardflash would have corrected the fault.
Re: Has Your HTC Phone Ever Crashed? by OMOSOFEF: 4:52pm On Jul 05, 2012
Mine has been saying delete some messages and as such has been rejecting

incoming messages. What do I do ?

1 Like

Re: Has Your HTC Phone Ever Crashed? by Biggyd2: 4:52pm On Jul 05, 2012
Not yet. beautiful phone but the battery life is horrible. it is indeed QUIETLY BRILLIANT!
Re: Has Your HTC Phone Ever Crashed? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jul 05, 2012
I have been using an HTC desire HD codenamed HTC ACE since Dec, 2010. It's running android 2.3.5. Only crashed once after my last HTC sense 3.0 update over the air. After the update, the phone switches itself on and off randomly till the battery becomes drained. I carried out an hardflash and it became normal afterwards. Got all my apps back for free on Market/Google play. I love my HTC, It's mega intelligent!
Re: Has Your HTC Phone Ever Crashed? by Misterpaul(m): 5:33pm On Jul 05, 2012
I have been using my HTC Ozone (wm6.5) for like a year now after I lost my BB,and so far I have not experienced any crash(even though I download and use alot of .cab &java apps)...i think my next phone will also be HTC(maybe windows mobile7 or android os)
Re: Has Your HTC Phone Ever Crashed? by monkvirus(m): 5:38pm On Jul 05, 2012
Please does anyone knows any HTC phone that is cheap and has long lasting battery life that i can buy say between 20-25k .
Thanks.
Re: Has Your HTC Phone Ever Crashed? by Misterpaul(m): 5:40pm On Jul 05, 2012
OMOSOFE F: Mine has been saying delete some messages and as such has been rejecting

incoming messages. What do I do ?
i think you should do exactly what the phone ask you to do.."delete some messages"
Re: Has Your HTC Phone Ever Crashed? by FlyboyZee: 6:03pm On Jul 05, 2012
I typed the OP right off my HD2. Please, siffice me to say that my Zinox Laptop & my Samsung Galaxy Tab are all in the boot of my car chilling out. I benched the lappy after acquiring the HD2, went for the Gal when I saw the ad, but later realized that my HD2 is far ahead of the Gal even though the Gal is a much later addition to the android market. I practically live off my fone. i. e. News, FB, Mails, Tweets, NL, Financial Trancs, Weather, Directions (maps), etc. I also typed this post on my HD2. Why I even brought this up, was even because of the number of Nokia phones I have lost to virus attack within the period under review.
Re: Has Your HTC Phone Ever Crashed? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jul 05, 2012
my HTC mytouch 4G slide is the best phone ever.. ts almost perfect and never crashes,despite me keeping it busy 90% of my waking hours

Re: Has Your HTC Phone Ever Crashed? by FlyboyZee: 6:16pm On Jul 05, 2012
^^^
I have lost the following Nokia phones to virus attack within the period under review:
E51, E66, E71, E75, E72 and now my E5 is onits way out while my HTC HD2 remains unscathed. I have now decided to restrict my Nokia phones for strictly calling & texting, while the HD2 is in charge of my online life.
Re: Has Your HTC Phone Ever Crashed? by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jul 05, 2012
monkvirus: Please does anyone knows any HTC phone that is cheap and has long lasting battery life that i can buy say between 20-25k .
Thanks.

I doubt if you would find a smart phone that has a long lasting battery. There are ways of managing your battery life though.
Re: Has Your HTC Phone Ever Crashed? by kiyosaki1(m): 6:33pm On Jul 05, 2012
MA HTC IS KICKING !
Re: Has Your HTC Phone Ever Crashed? by kiyosaki1(m): 6:41pm On Jul 05, 2012
monkvirus: Please does anyone knows any HTC phone that is cheap and has long lasting battery life that i can buy say between 20-25k .
Thanks.
You can either get London used HTC wild fire or chacha for that price at computer village
Re: Has Your HTC Phone Ever Crashed? by monkvirus(m): 6:47pm On Jul 05, 2012
saxywale:

I doubt if you would find a smart phone that has a long lasting battery. There are ways of managing your battery life though.

So please how much is the cheapest one.
Re: Has Your HTC Phone Ever Crashed? by JayKayMaybachz(m): 6:57pm On Jul 05, 2012
HTC PHONES ARE SUPERB... AH DON'T KNOW WHO GAVE THOSE TAIWANESE THE IDEA... ANYWHERES, THERE ARE GHUD... AH STARTED WITH HTC TOUCH PRO2... LATER GAVE IT TO ME SIS.. AH BOUGHT HTC TITAN II WIN.7 ... MEHN! DEY FONE NA DIE... AH PREFER HTC TO SAMSUNG PHONES , THOUGH AM USING SAMSUNG GALAXY SII(ANDROID 2.3) UPGRADEABLE TO 4.1 ... BB NA CRAP ... SO GHUYS AH HAVE NEVER HAD ANY P WITH ME HTC
Re: Has Your HTC Phone Ever Crashed? by tope3x(m): 7:02pm On Jul 05, 2012
well, maybe u bought the fake HTC DESIRE Z...i have been using mine for 2 years now, and nothing has been wrong with it..infact,i adore that phone, coz it work so perfect like a mini PC
norrisman: My HTC Charmer (WM5), HTC TyTN II (WM6) and HTC Touch Pro 2 (WM6.5) all hang die! I restart phone tire.

My HTC Desire Z (Android 2.3) is the worst. This one just switches off sometimes and wont turn on unless you remove the battery and re-insert it.

I still like HTC phones though.
Re: Has Your HTC Phone Ever Crashed? by DExplorer1: 7:08pm On Jul 05, 2012

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hot.... Mtn Us Giving Out Free 4,5gb / Free Online Mobile Unzipper / My Infinix Note 5 After Falling Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.