Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,694 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:54 PM

Seun: Unable To Change Email Address - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Seun: Unable To Change Email Address (1885 Views)

79k+ Nigerian Email Address For Sale At $5 Only / Need Nigerians Email Address / How To Register A Domain Name Free And Host It Free For Life With Email Address (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seun: Unable To Change Email Address by BizBooks(m): 1:01pm On Jul 05, 2012
@Seun,

I have two issues:

1. I logged on to NL today and saw the following message:
"You have 1 new Nairaland PM. Please check your e-mail account now."
Since I have closed my original NL email account, how do I check the PM?

2. I tried to change my email address on NL but it will not let me. Here's what I did:

* Clicked on "Edit Profile"
* Clicked on "Change Email"
* Entered the new email address and confirmed it

Here's where the problem starts. At this point, I can only see a "Change Password" button.
No button to click to confirm the email change. I clicked the "Change Password" button and
got the following message: "You need to verify your new email address before it is changed
Continue editing your profile". I clicked the "Continue Editing Your Profile" link and it
took me right back to the "Edit Profile" page.
Re: Seun: Unable To Change Email Address by Seun(m): 8:41pm On Jul 05, 2012
We'll investigate this soon. Got a lot of complaints.
Re: Seun: Unable To Change Email Address by BizBooks(m): 10:37pm On Jul 05, 2012
Seun: We'll investigate this soon. Got a lot of complaints.

Okay. Thanks.
Re: Seun: Unable To Change Email Address by Peterson1993(m): 5:00am On Jul 06, 2012
@Seun try and make life more easy for mobile phone users in Terms of registration. Registering on nairaland with opera or ucweb is almost impossible and I believe is the major reason why guest view is always on the increase. Try registering with a Nokia mobile phone and see what am talking about(nokia c3 in particular). That is where yahoo mail is loosing it entirely to gmail due to the ease gmail account can be registered whether on mobile or Whatever. Just a suggesting though. I have account already and I can even register 1 million with my pc if I want to. Just feeling for those using Nokia and doesn't have complete access to pc
Re: Seun: Unable To Change Email Address by Afam4eva(m): 9:47am On Jul 06, 2012
In also don't like the fact that messages are sent to one's email and there's no copy in one's nairaland account. I was alerted that i have two new messages from someone but the problem is that the email it was sent to is no longer active and there's no where i can read the email. It could be someone trying to give me 10 million, who knows. Seun, please look into leaving a copy of any message on nairaland. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Seun: Unable To Change Email Address by BizBooks(m): 12:03pm On Jul 12, 2012
Today, I saw this:

You have 2 new Nairaland PMs. Please check your e-mail account now.

Unfortunately, there is no way I can access this PMs as my NL email address is no longer
active. As afam4eva suggested, users should be able to read their PMs directly on NL instead
of their email inboxes. As you may know, in registering for forums, most people use a
dispensable email address which they rarely check if ever.

2 Likes

Re: Seun: Unable To Change Email Address by Peterson1993(m): 3:25pm On Jul 12, 2012
BizBooks: Today, I saw this:

You have 2 new Nairaland PMs. Please check your e-mail account now.

Unfortunately, there is no way I can access this PMs as my NL email address is no longer
active. As afam4eva suggested, users should be able to read their PMs directly on NL instead
of their email inboxes.
As you may know, in registering for forums, most people use a
dispensable email address which they rarely check if ever.
... Yeah having a PM here on nairaland would have been better but I think why email was chosen is because of scam and spam. So that all spam and scam will get directed to our emails. And the plan is really working well. My email was bombarded with spam & irrelevant nairaland updates until I withdrew my real email from nairaland and replaced with an irrelevant one. If nairaland had a Pm, the only message you would receive daily is SPAM/scam. Just searching for another forum where there is better privacy in private chatting but can't find any because nairaland is already on top. Some guys are busy presently recording all nairaland deficiencies and hoping to pounce and exploit on it someday when the right time comes. Naijapals & nigerianbestforum are not smilling. Operation overtake nairaland lol but can never be like nairaland!
Re: Seun: Unable To Change Email Address by tpia5: 3:31pm On Jul 12, 2012
^most of your post sounds unnecessarily bogus.

Nairaland USED to have a pm function which worked fine- did anyone say they were receiving spam via pm because that's news to me.
Re: Seun: Unable To Change Email Address by tpia5: 3:32pm On Jul 12, 2012
@ poster

Doesnt matter even if you accessed your email the pm was sent to.

There'll be nothing there.
Re: Seun: Unable To Change Email Address by Afam4eva(m): 3:34pm On Jul 12, 2012
tpia@:
^most of your post sounds unnecessarily bogus.

Nairaland USED to have a pm function which worked fine- did anyone say they were receiving spam via pm because that's news to me.
Advertisers and yahoo yahoo boys used to bombard people nairaland account with span that's why it was discontinued in the old nairaland.
Re: Seun: Unable To Change Email Address by tpia5: 3:48pm On Jul 12, 2012
How were they able to access people's nl accounts since only the site admin could send messages?
Re: Seun: Unable To Change Email Address by Peterson1993(m): 3:59pm On Jul 12, 2012
Hmm
Re: Seun: Unable To Change Email Address by shilling(f): 9:36am On Jul 17, 2012
Any updates? I would also love to change my email add.
Re: Seun: Unable To Change Email Address by NigeriaKwenu(m): 9:56am On Jul 17, 2012
tpia@:
How were they able to access people's nl accounts since only the site admin could send messages?
Ordinary members were allowed to send messaged then.
Re: Seun: Unable To Change Email Address by Peterson1993(m): 10:30am On Jul 17, 2012
" You have one nairaland PM. Please check your email account now" and there is no way I could access my yahoo email account right now due to error in loging in on my mobile. What sort of nairaland emailing is this sef! O_o
Re: Seun: Unable To Change Email Address by Obiagu1(m): 9:25pm On May 12, 2013
Where is Seun?
Re: Seun: Unable To Change Email Address by Seun(m): 11:44pm On May 12, 2013
If you post your email address on a public thread, you will be spammed. It has little to do with the email you signed up with.
Re: Seun: Unable To Change Email Address by Obiagu1(m): 1:24am On May 13, 2013
Seun: If you post your email address on a public thread, you will be spammed. It has little to do with the email you signed up with.

I just want to change my previous email to a new one but that cannot be done because it keeps saying "You need to verify your new email address before it is changed. Continue editing your profile"
Re: Seun: Unable To Change Email Address by cantell(m): 1:34am On May 13, 2013
@Seun,
How do i hide my email add from public view?
I don't want to change it, i just want to hide it.
Re: Seun: Unable To Change Email Address by idriez: 4:07pm On Jun 28, 2013
Obiagu1:

I just want to change my previous email to a new one but that cannot be done because it keeps saying "You need to verify your new email address before it is changed. Continue editing your profile"

I'm having this same issue, kindly help look into this
Re: Seun: Unable To Change Email Address by Seun(m): 11:01pm On Jun 29, 2013
cantell: @Seun,
How do i hide my email add from public view?
I don't want to change it, i just want to hide it.
Can you post a link to the page where your email is publicly viewable?
Re: Seun: Unable To Change Email Address by dridowu: 7:15am On Jul 08, 2013
Seun: Can you post a link to the page where your email is publicly viewable?
pls kindly help to hide ds mail
https://www.nairaland.com/1041901/wi-free-gives-unlimited-data-swift4g/17#15853176
Re: Seun: Unable To Change Email Address by anitank(f): 2:43pm On Sep 07, 2013
Still on the matter.....and our oga is yet to provide a solution
Re: Seun: Unable To Change Email Address by BizBooks(m): 12:48pm On Sep 09, 2013
anitank: Still on the matter.....and our oga is yet to provide a solution

If you are referring to the "Unable to Change Email Address" issue, I think it has been resolved. I was able to
change my NL email address a few weeks ago.
Re: Seun: Unable To Change Email Address by Seun(m): 2:55pm On Sep 09, 2013
Fantastic.
Re: Seun: Unable To Change Email Address by Easyjay: 8:38am On Dec 15, 2013
Re: Seun: Unable To Change Email Address by angieoluwa: 7:08pm On Jan 05, 2023
Hello,

Can anyone teach me how to update my email?

Thank you!
Re: Seun: Unable To Change Email Address by Popdes(m): 12:31pm On Apr 14, 2023
Please how where you able to resolve this issue. I'm getting the same "unable to change email address" while trying to change my email address.
BizBooks:

If you are referring to the "Unable to Change Email Address" issue, I think it has been resolved. I was able to
change my NL email address a few weeks ago.

(1) (Reply)

More About Addynamo / How To Create Courier Tracking Website For Your Company / Glo 0.0k No Longer Working

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.