Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,968 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Lawyer Offers To Prosecute Otedola For Free - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lawyer Offers To Prosecute Otedola For Free (9981 Views)

Ex-pension Reform Boss Maina Offers To Assist Buhari Stop Corruption In Sector / "Wind Of Hope" Offers To Sponsor Buhari, Jonathan Debate In UK / Police To Lose Power To Prosecute Suspects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lawyer Offers To Prosecute Otedola For Free by waja(m): 4:44pm On Jul 05, 2012
Oga charge and bail, we have noticed You. Go and stand up.

1 Like

Re: Lawyer Offers To Prosecute Otedola For Free by brabus(m): 4:45pm On Jul 05, 2012
waja: Oga charge and bail, we have noticed You. Go and stand up.

Abi, wetin remain again. tonguetonguetongue
Re: Lawyer Offers To Prosecute Otedola For Free by Kakatazz(f): 4:48pm On Jul 05, 2012
Hope his motive is genuine.

1 Like

Re: Lawyer Offers To Prosecute Otedola For Free by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jul 05, 2012
This Dude is a Nutmeg
Re: Lawyer Offers To Prosecute Otedola For Free by sureboykris(m): 4:56pm On Jul 05, 2012
dannysoya: This thread is a PERFECT example of why Nigeria is going down the drain everyday. Our people are daft. A man is offering to prosecute a BLATANT thief of this nation's wealth for free and you come out and abuse him? REGARDLESS of the motive behind his doing it, the fact thatt his man wants to bring a crook to book is what matters and yet you all abuse him. And I do not get why Nigerians are taking sides with TWO THIEVES? It's just amazing. Lawan is a thief as well but SO IS OTEDOLA. I do not care if Otedola was trying to set Lawan up. The fact is this man is a thief he has stolen money from this country and we are too blind and daft to realize this. SMH. I wish him all the best in his efforts. The sooner ALL the crooks in this country are brought to book the better. The crooks in Nigeria are the Anchor that is refusing to let the Nigerian ship move. When they are removed this country will MOVE FORWARD.
thank you M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ brother. Everyone making comments on this issue seems to ve gone nuts. No one is thinking that this lawyer might ve good intentions

3 Likes

Re: Lawyer Offers To Prosecute Otedola For Free by Pataki: 4:57pm On Jul 05, 2012
This is the same lawyer responsible for ensuring that Rev. King is behind bars.

This is the same lawyer pursuing justice over the slap Oyedepo gave and made further boast of.

Now he is offering his services to the nation, some of you peeps are here insulting him.

Both the bribe giver, and bribe taker are liable to prosecution in this matter.

3 Likes

Re: Lawyer Offers To Prosecute Otedola For Free by TalkingBird: 4:58pm On Jul 05, 2012
could this be a form of taking initiative for popularity?
http://softskillmentor-vincent..com/2012/06/taking-initiative-self-management-tool.html

This style actually does work I should say
Re: Lawyer Offers To Prosecute Otedola For Free by brabus(m): 5:04pm On Jul 05, 2012
sureboykris: thank you M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ brother. Everyone making comments on this issue seems to ve gone nuts. No one is thinking that this lawyer might ve good intentions

Goood or baad intention. Make him go start case now.

Otedola sues N250b. He went to court not Daily Times NG, we no hear story. So what or who's stopping him.
Re: Lawyer Offers To Prosecute Otedola For Free by crackhouse(m): 5:08pm On Jul 05, 2012
Hehehe, it seems this "rawyer" wanna shine with this case. Sure, this is one of the lawyers that hang around law courts looking for who to help in swearing their affidavit. I am sure he want to identify himself with those in the corridors of power and he thinks this is the best way to go about it. What a way to get to stardom.
Re: Lawyer Offers To Prosecute Otedola For Free by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jul 05, 2012
Charge and bail lawyer. . . .ori4kasibe. grin
Re: Lawyer Offers To Prosecute Otedola For Free by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jul 05, 2012
Why Otedola and not Farouk Lawan?
Re: Lawyer Offers To Prosecute Otedola For Free by erniok(m): 5:15pm On Jul 05, 2012
This is a classic case of opportunity trying to meet preparation that is if Barr Bob is prepared for this quest. He's trying to carve a niche for himself in the Nigerian legal cycle.

For those saying Femi gave bribe, pls explain how he did so. Money that came from sss coffers. Someone threatens you for a crime u did not commit, promises to rope u in whether guilty or not, u involve the security agents who asked u to act along so they can nab FL. Now Femi is also guilty. When r we ever going to allow reason rise above sentiments.

However, like eguerrilla suggested, let's start implementing the report while still exploring the possibility of constituting another committee with a mandate to review the original list submitted to the first committee to fish out those that were 'set free' by FL clique.

1 Like

Re: Lawyer Offers To Prosecute Otedola For Free by Reference(m): 5:24pm On Jul 05, 2012
erniok:
This is a classic case of opportunity trying to meet preparation that is if Barr Bob is prepared for this quest. He's trying to carve a niche for himself in the Nigerian legal cycle.

For those saying Femi gave bribe, pls explain how he did so. Money that came from sss coffers. Someone threatens you for a crime u did not commit, promises to rope u in whether guilty or not, u involve the security agents who asked u to act along so they can nab FL. Now Femi is also guilty. When r we ever going to allow reason rise above sentiments.

However, like eguerrilla suggested, let's start implementing the report while still exploring the possibility of constituting another committee with a mandate to review the original list submitted to the first committee to fish out those that were 'set free' by FL clique.

Well you might not see another committee. Seems you don't realise what's happening.
Re: Lawyer Offers To Prosecute Otedola For Free by brabus(m): 5:28pm On Jul 05, 2012
A UK-based Nigerian lawyer, Robert Igbinedion, has sued the Federal Government and the Senate over the passage of the Same-Sex Marriage Prohibition bill.

According to him, the suit seeks to protect the fundamental rights of the 'sexual minority' in the society, and calls on the government to observe the rights to private and Family Life, Freedom from Discrimination and Human Dignity.

The suit was filed at the Federal High Court in
Ikoyi, Lagos.

All over Nigeria, the accepted norm now is as
long as the majority is happy, the minority can go to hell… and that is the direction we are running to at jet speed. That is not the direction a government should go,” Igbinedion said.

He pointed out that he was not gay, but was only protecting the rights of the oppressed.
“I am not gay. Since I filed this action, I have only met one (homosexual person). Before I filed the action, I had never met any in Nigeria. But that gives me more vigour, which empowers me because I am not biased. I have nothing to lose or gain. Even if I have something to lose, I’ll still file it anyway,” he said.

Now tell me this attention-seeking lawyer is alright?

Why not?

- Pension Fraud
- GEJ during Fuel Subsidy Protest
- Thousand of innocent citizens behind the bar
- Hundreds of Nigerians who lost their live to Boko Haram terrorist group
Re: Lawyer Offers To Prosecute Otedola For Free by dammytosh: 5:28pm On Jul 05, 2012
dannysoya: This thread is a PERFECT example of why Nigeria is going down the drain everyday. Our people are daft. A man is offering to prosecute a BLATANT thief of this nation's wealth for free and you come out and abuse him? REGARDLESS of the motive behind his doing it, the fact thatt his man wants to bring a crook to book is what matters and yet you all abuse him. And I do not get why Nigerians are taking sides with TWO THIEVES? It's just amazing. Lawan is a thief as well but SO IS OTEDOLA. I do not care if Otedola was trying to set Lawan up. The fact is this man is a thief he has stolen money from this country and we are too blind and daft to realize this. SMH. I wish him all the best in his efforts. The sooner ALL the crooks in this country are brought to book the better. The crooks in Nigeria are the Anchor that is refusing to let the Nigerian ship move. When they are removed this country will MOVE FORWARD.

If he wants to prosecute, he should file and take them to court straight instead of looking for a cheap platform, What is daft about us saying, get fame the normal way not the cheap Festus Keyamo Way. Festus Keyamo screammmmeddd on Bola Ige's case . At the end of the day, nothing came out of it apart from the fact that he is now a lawyer to efcc sharing our national cake.

One girl was jailed for 4 years for being in possession of a stolen phone, After the prosecution, she was to be jailed for 6months at most. This foolissh lawyer did not see all that except to take up a case against billionaire Otedola not even on a reasonable case.

You better join Farouk Lawal's defence team and keep fooling your self.

1 Like

Re: Lawyer Offers To Prosecute Otedola For Free by DSoj(m): 5:30pm On Jul 05, 2012
There's always a step to fame,,whether actual or opportunistic...
Otedola is a national rougue..a national parasite and one of the most opportunistic biz men who hobs and hugs every regime, no matter the suffering of the masses and the evil policies the regime impose on the people; that only serve a few..he has neva come out to say anythin in support of the common man and her are d same masses queing up behind him...
Wateva d lawyer's intention, he should go ahead..if its his road to fame so be it..aside d subsidy probe, all Otedola's oil interest should be specially and closely scritinized intoto.. Facrook or no Facrook...
Otedola is a national bandit..
Lawyer wateva....carry on
Gani Fawehinmi will do same....

2 Likes

Re: Lawyer Offers To Prosecute Otedola For Free by Dhelake: 5:47pm On Jul 05, 2012
Genius100: Isn't this the same lawyer that is suing Oyedepo for slapping the girl?
na him
Re: Lawyer Offers To Prosecute Otedola For Free by erniok(m): 5:48pm On Jul 05, 2012
@reference, that's how things are done in a sane society. We only have rumours that the report will be buried and this is the only way the executive arm can show its sincerity for zero tolerance on corruption.
Re: Lawyer Offers To Prosecute Otedola For Free by Skills10: 5:50pm On Jul 05, 2012
Spirit of Okija:
Pls don't kill me with laughter. Abeg pardon the guy. Which one be National person again?

What a National person..

Another calamity brought upon us by a failed Educational system..

Even a welder knows that it would be difficult to pin anything on Otedola..

EFCC should arrest this guy for trying to interfere with their investigation..
Re: Lawyer Offers To Prosecute Otedola For Free by Beaf: 5:58pm On Jul 05, 2012
Quite clearly, Robert Igbinedion is a shameless self serving crook.
Re: Lawyer Offers To Prosecute Otedola For Free by Skills10: 5:58pm On Jul 05, 2012
afam4eva: Everybody wan gain fame and fortune when the opportunity presents itself. Oga lawyer, start with releasing ashewo from cell and settling compound fightings first before looking to prosecute a billonaire.

Very funny.
Re: Lawyer Offers To Prosecute Otedola For Free by Burger01(m): 5:59pm On Jul 05, 2012
jmaine: [size=18pt]Nonsense[/size]
Jmaine... lol

1 Like

Re: Lawyer Offers To Prosecute Otedola For Free by betrani(m): 6:07pm On Jul 05, 2012
Zeus Zuco: This Dude is a Nutmeg
Means he smells fine grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Lawyer Offers To Prosecute Otedola For Free by Skills10: 6:07pm On Jul 05, 2012
crackhouse: Hehehe, it seems this "rawyer" wanna shine with this case. Sure, this is one of the lawyers that hang around law courts looking for who to help in swearing their affidavit. I am sure he want to identify himself with those in the corridors of power and he thinks this is the best way to go about it. What a way to get to stardom.

Are you trying to say he is one of those lawyers whose white shirts had turned to brown? Or those ones who. Speak IN English and not Speak English?
Re: Lawyer Offers To Prosecute Otedola For Free by edicolove: 6:13pm On Jul 05, 2012
ACM10: We are witnessing the rise of activist lawyers.

You mean the rise of 419 lawyers? Lol. Gani Fawehinmi was an activist lawyer. He fought for unknown peeps that couldn't even pay him a dime. He even gave out scholarships to many. Help me ask this your charge and bail lawyer how many folks he has helped and rescued. Shameless attention seeking brat!
Re: Lawyer Offers To Prosecute Otedola For Free by brownlord: 7:00pm On Jul 05, 2012
Mr lawyer nice one, i can see you are really looking for a way to connect with Otes for him to give you some dollars, am also sure you are trying to gain favor from the House of thieves and facroock, this is how you people offer selfless service and after you collect money from the govt. officials you do nothing, few weeks back Falana demanded to know the VIP that made them shut down abuja airport, and he wrote to the aviation minister and airport authority, after ranting am sure money has exchanged hand and notin hapem, abeg igbenedion park well before i give u slap, idiot man
Re: Lawyer Offers To Prosecute Otedola For Free by gegee(m): 7:01pm On Jul 05, 2012
think nigger wants to be made a SAN but why prosecute otedola for what ? What part of a sting operation don't peolple understand
Re: Lawyer Offers To Prosecute Otedola For Free by hardbody: 7:07pm On Jul 05, 2012
Reckless Eediots making stewpid comments. It is the like of you fwools that hinder the very good intentions of the limited few who would otherwise be willing to stick their neck out for the common good of the lowly and down trodden Nigerians. If that dude is seeking attention or cheap popularity, is it still not better that a voice comes out from the crowd to speak on behalf of you wretched eediots? Whether he is a charge and bail lawyer or is into what we call ambulance chasing, the real issue here is that he is a lawyer first and wants to utilize his exertise gratis to attack an issue on ground. Some dimwits are comparing him with Gani Fawehinmi, did Gani start overnight to provide scholarship to people, did he not start building up the financial empire by running an NGO and receiving foreign grants, did he indeed take up each and every case that was on call in teh Nigerian courts? How can one, except you are a DOLT suggest that the guy should concentrate his efforts in going to find reprieve for 'ashewos' in detention, infact how many of such cases will he be able to manage?

Some of the people here are so 'rretarrded' that it becomes impossible to even reason with them the way you could reason with a bright kid in kindargaten class.
Even if he appears to have a bad case or has chosed the wrong handle in this matter (by choosing to go after Otedola instead of Farouk), at least he is showing an intention to provide service without charge. If for nothing else, teh guy should be applauded and encouraged to do more. EEEDDIIIOOOTTSS.....
Re: Lawyer Offers To Prosecute Otedola For Free by kiyosaki1(m): 7:23pm On Jul 05, 2012
hardbody: Reckless Eediots making stewpid comments. It is the like of you fwools that hinder the very good intentions of the limited few who would otherwise be willing to stick their neck out for the common good of the lowly and down trodden Nigerians. If that dude is seeking attention or cheap popularity, is it still not better that a voice comes out from the crowd to speak on behalf of you wretched eediots? Whether he is a charge and bail lawyer or is into what we call ambulance chasing, the real issue here is that he is a lawyer first and wants to utilize his exertise gratis to attack an issue on ground. Some dimwits are comparing him with Gani Fawehinmi, did Gani start overnight to provide scholarship to people, did he not start building up the financial empire by running an NGO and receiving foreign grants, did he indeed take up each and every case that was on call in teh Nigerian courts? How can one, except you are a DOLT suggest that the guy should concentrate his efforts in going to find reprieve for 'ashewos' in detention, infact how many of such cases will he be able to manage?

Some of the people here are so 'rretarrded' that it becomes impossible to even reason with them the way you could reason with a bright kid in kindargaten class.
Even if he appears to have a bad case or has chosed the wrong handle in this matter (by choosing to go after Otedola instead of Farouk), at least he is showing an intention to provide service without charge. If for nothing else, teh guy should be applauded and encouraged to do more. EEEDDIIIOOOTTSS.....
Where was the monkey during the protest against the removal of the fuel subsidy? People always like to make gains out of every situation.I no blame am sha na survival strategy,man must wack

1 Like

Re: Lawyer Offers To Prosecute Otedola For Free by kiyosaki1(m): 7:23pm On Jul 05, 2012
hardbody: Reckless Eediots making stewpid comments. It is the like of you fwools that hinder the very good intentions of the limited few who would otherwise be willing to stick their neck out for the common good of the lowly and down trodden Nigerians. If that dude is seeking attention or cheap popularity, is it still not better that a voice comes out from the crowd to speak on behalf of you wretched eediots? Whether he is a charge and bail lawyer or is into what we call ambulance chasing, the real issue here is that he is a lawyer first and wants to utilize his exertise gratis to attack an issue on ground. Some dimwits are comparing him with Gani Fawehinmi, did Gani start overnight to provide scholarship to people, did he not start building up the financial empire by running an NGO and receiving foreign grants, did he indeed take up each and every case that was on call in teh Nigerian courts? How can one, except you are a DOLT suggest that the guy should concentrate his efforts in going to find reprieve for 'ashewos' in detention, infact how many of such cases will he be able to manage?

Where was the monkey during the protest against the removal of the fuel subsidy? People always like to make gains out of every situation.I no blame am sha na survival strategy,man must wack
Re: Lawyer Offers To Prosecute Otedola For Free by deandavid(m): 7:28pm On Jul 05, 2012
Billyonaire: Charge and bail lawyer
ah! U too? SMH 4 all of una. Chai, dis lawyer want to persecute our common enemy, una dy give am bad mouth.*singing femi kuti's song*i sori sori o, i sori 4 nigeerians...
Re: Lawyer Offers To Prosecute Otedola For Free by gaskydudu: 7:31pm On Jul 05, 2012
indirect marketing

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"IHRC Refers Nigeria Army (Zaria) Massacre To International Criminal Court" / Court Sacks Lagos PDP From Secretariat Over Unpaid Rent / Arrest Of Non-Kanuris Divided Boko Haram - Abu Qaqa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.