Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,044 members, 7,818,140 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

Cars Are Cheaper In America - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Cars Are Cheaper In America (4039 Views)

This cars are for sale with pics 08164271764 / All Dis cars are 4 Sale Now In Badagry: Golf4/golf3/nissan Micra/volve G740/benz C200 / Us News Car Ranking Statistics: Koreans Cars Are Not Doing As Bad As It Seems! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cars Are Cheaper In America by Abedisi(m): 1:19pm On Dec 02, 2007
Why are cars so cheap in America compare to Europe? I am just curious why the price range so differs.
Re: Cars Are Cheaper In America by sultaan(m): 4:03pm On Dec 02, 2007
Because you own a brand new car for less than $20 a day for 3 years. Fuel, insurance and payment.

Minimum wage is $5+/hr~ 4 hrs of work pays for a car.

Manufacturing is automated(cheaper) no handbuilt components
Re: Cars Are Cheaper In America by inuk: 4:09pm On Dec 02, 2007
good question,i can say to you that europe car is the best.american car alway have electrical fault why europe car does not.
Re: Cars Are Cheaper In America by Abedisi(m): 4:16pm On Dec 02, 2007
But the price of an European car is so outrageous compared to an American spec,  Which are luxurier and bigger and consume more fuel. Holland is one the most expensive car market in Europe. Well they do not produce a general market car but there is enough suppy to meet demand. The only car that is been produced here now is Spyker a luxury car.

Sometimes i get jealous to see how cheap cars are in America, I hope in the future i will cross over to buy a personal car for Naija,
Re: Cars Are Cheaper In America by mendomp: 2:57am On Dec 03, 2007
In addition to what the first responder said, the u.s car market is competition driven and theres a lot of supply. so naturally the prices would go down because of excess. also u have the variable of depreciation, e.g, a car comes out one year, and by the next yr that car has lost a huge percentage of its value. But i think overall, its the competitive nature of the american economy that makes autos a bit cheaper than most places.
hope that helps
Re: Cars Are Cheaper In America by Abedisi(m): 4:23am On Dec 03, 2007
This is just too outrageous for the least Chrysler 300 American model starting with $25,270. While the same car goes for €45,800 in Europe. Not converting the worths of the currency the European spec will fetch you two Chrrysler 300 American model,while you still get mostly 10% discount on new cars. The list goes on. But do you pay for quality or quantity?

European model €45,800

American model - $25,270

= €20,530
Re: Cars Are Cheaper In America by xcolanto(m): 9:09am On Dec 03, 2007
yea cars are cheap in the usa cous they love to make life easy for their citizens unlike the europeans allways collecting tax and every!! so cars ent shit!!!
Re: Cars Are Cheaper In America by Abedisi(m): 3:58pm On Dec 03, 2007
I am interested in buying and shipping some cars from Yankee, I had it best from the East coast,i suppose it will be chaeper and faster. What are the neccessary do's and dont\s, Americans where you at let me have you views thanks fellas,
Re: Cars Are Cheaper In America by sultaan(m): 5:45pm On Dec 04, 2007
Abedisi:

This is just too outrageous for the least Chrysler 300 American model starting with $25,270. While the same car goes for €45,800 in Europe. Not converting the worths of the currency the European spec will fetch you two Chrrysler 300 American model,while you still get mostly 10% discount on new cars. The list goes on. But do you pay for quality or quantity?

European model €45,800

American model - $25,270

= €20,530

Most in naija have no idea what a 300C is, so the won't know what you can get for $23k
Re: Cars Are Cheaper In America by Abedisi(m): 6:04pm On Dec 04, 2007
I have good knowledge of the American prices from here and mostly from the internet. For what you pay for a new car in America goes here in Holland almost for a fairly used automobiles, Coming to America

Re: Cars Are Cheaper In America by Ivvie: 7:55pm On Dec 04, 2007
Do not forget salvage cars or insurance write-offs.  Cars are not cheap in the United States. 300C is a domestic car in the U.S. so, that negates tarrif costs and other import taxes. The opposite is for any European car, it's expensive here and parts too need to be imported every time service is required as oppose to the in/out service rendered at domestic dealerships.

You might also consider inflation in the U.S.
Re: Cars Are Cheaper In America by Abedisi(m): 9:16pm On Dec 04, 2007
All i did was to use the Chrysler 300 C as a point of reference. But generally automobiles are very cheap compare to Europe and mostly Holland at the top. There a lots of factors that contributes to this enorm price difference.
The Dutch law is almost against the use of new cars and unfriendly enviromental cars. The Dutch law favours the purchase of used cars to new ones(disconjection). Hummers and trucks are frown upon here and there is debate on cars above 2 tons where be a thing of the past. While American encourages new and heavy duty cars.
68,000 new and used cars where imported from Germany to dodge the expensive price in Holland but there is still other price to pay and you can save some nice amount of cash. While buying from America is frown upon by the Europeans with closed teeth. American cars are nice for Naija as there are less restrictions,taxes and requirement,

Buy a car in America and use it Naija, No tax,insurance,cheap gas and nil annual periodic check, Cheap specialized enginers to fix your car at your call.
Re: Cars Are Cheaper In America by Ivvie: 11:22pm On Dec 04, 2007
Abedisi:

All i did was to use the Chrysler 300 C as a point of reference. But generally automobiles are very cheap compare to Europe and mostly Holland at the top. There a lots of factors that contributes to this enorm price difference.
The Dutch law is almost against the use of new cars and unfriendly enviromental cars. The Dutch law favours the purchase of used cars to new ones(disconjection). Hummers and trucks are frown upon here and there is debate on cars above 2 tons where be a thing of the past. While American encourages new and heavy duty cars.
68,000 new and used cars where imported from Germany to dodge the expensive price in Holland but there is still other price to pay and you can save some nice amount of cash. While buying from America is frown upon by the Europeans with closed teeth. American cars are nice for Naija as there are less restrictions,taxes and requirement,

Buy a car in America and use it Naija, No tax,insurance,cheap gas and nil annual periodic check, Cheap specialized enginers to fix your car at your call.

I wasn't aware of this.
Re: Cars Are Cheaper In America by wweekes(m): 3:10am On Feb 23, 2008
SHIPPING COST OF CARS TO WEST AFRICA.

Category I Category II Category III
up to 400 cft 401-650 cft 651-899 cft
Used Cars Used Small Vans Used Big Vans

Dakar & Tema: $1,210.00 $1,255.00 $1,575.00

Lagos $1,345.00 $1,400.00 $1,895.00

Douala,
Pointe Noire,
Monrovia,
Banjul,
Conakry,
Freetown $1,650.00 $1,950.00 $2,290.00

Luanda & Boma $1,695.00 $1,750.00 $2,145.00

Lome & Cotonou $1,400.00 $1,480.00 $1,825.00

*******All Cotonou Shipments are subject to a $35 Cargo Tracking Note**

--
WESLEY W. WEEKES JR.
International Logistics Coordinator
WW Messenger & Shipping Co.
51 Main St.
Orange, NJ 07050
Phone: 973-674-8932
Fax: 973-675-1300
Mobile: 804-926-3708
Email: wweekes@gmail.com
A DHL Preferred Provider

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Used Audi A6 1997 For Sale At Giveaway Price / 2007 MERCEDES-BENZ C-CLASS CLS550C / Nigerian Used Mitsubishi Gallant For Sale price now reduced to N400k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.