Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,942 members, 7,952,792 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:03 AM

Nissan Xterra Owners Forum - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Nissan Xterra Owners Forum (32051 Views)

Honda CRV Owners Forum / BMW Owners' Forum / Kia Owners Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nissan Xterra Owners Forum by laudate: 2:56pm On Sep 17, 2015
Does anyone know the average market price for an Xterra 2007 - 2008 model?
Re: Nissan Xterra Owners Forum by Nobody: 7:11pm On Sep 17, 2015
laudate:
Does anyone know the average market price for an Xterra 2007 - 2008 model?
Tokunbo: N2.6 - N2.8m

Nigerian used: N1.6 - N1.9m

1 Like

Re: Nissan Xterra Owners Forum by chyndorek: 7:58am On Sep 27, 2015
pls I have a 2004 Nissan pathfinder and I need to change the entire exhaust system. can anybody tell me how to get it and how much it can cost. It a v6 engine.
Re: Nissan Xterra Owners Forum by laudate: 3:40pm On Oct 22, 2015
My power steering fluid keeps leaking out. Can anyone recommend a great Nissan mechanic on Lagos island?? shocked
Re: Nissan Xterra Owners Forum by BUGOFF(m): 8:03am On Nov 23, 2015
HellocHouse members, I've been through the whole thread and it's been both educating and scaring.
A friend wants to sell me his 2006 Xterra. He rarely uses it as he has two Toyota brands.
My fear is all the Transmission and radiator talk of 2005 and above models, plus electricals.
Would it be a mistake to buy this car? My budget for car maintenance is quite limited. Advices needed, pls.
Hapi week.
Re: Nissan Xterra Owners Forum by Lordscrown(m): 4:45pm On Nov 23, 2015
Despite all odds,I still go for it.ever since then,I keep smilling each time I stare at it in my guarage.xtera is a nice suv,I sold my sienna to get 04 orange colour,I changed almost 80% of my wears to yellow..lolz..what amazed me is the 4 charging ports in it.now I turn it to my mobile generator!Bleep phcn..

1 Like

Re: Nissan Xterra Owners Forum by Lordscrown(m): 4:47pm On Nov 23, 2015
Despite all odds,I still go for it.ever since then,I keep smilling each time I stare at it in my guarage.xtera is a nice suv,I sold my sienna to get 04 orange colour,I changed almost 80% of my wears to yellow..lolz..what amazed me is the 4 charging ports in it.now I turn it to my mobile generator!....Bleep phcn..
Re: Nissan Xterra Owners Forum by Nobody: 10:37am On Nov 24, 2015
Please how much is the 2004 Xterra? Nigerian used.
Re: Nissan Xterra Owners Forum by BUGOFF(m): 2:13pm On Dec 02, 2015
Lordscrown:
Despite all odds,I still go for it.ever since then,I keep smilling each time I stare at it in my guarage.xtera is a nice suv,I sold my sienna to get 04 orange colour,I changed almost 80% of my wears to yellow..lolz..what amazed me is the 4 charging ports in it.now I turn it to my mobile generator!....Bleep phcn..

My fear is all the Transmission and radiator talk
of 2005 and above models, plus electricals.
Would it be a mistake to buy this car?
Re: Nissan Xterra Owners Forum by southcent: 6:27pm On Dec 02, 2015
ENZOSCIFO1:

You must really be a billionaire grin so before u pre-ordered it you did'nt take time out to look for one physically and assess the thing, like going to price one in a local car shop.
Shege! Too much money!!
must we all be like you?
Re: Nissan Xterra Owners Forum by Lordscrown(m): 8:24pm On Dec 02, 2015
A good one should be within the range of 700k above.moreso,it dependand reason why he/shets to sell it.

Delilah187:
Please how much is the 2004 Xterra? Nigerian used.
Re: Nissan Xterra Owners Forum by Lordscrown(m): 8:27pm On Dec 02, 2015
Well,I don't think I can go above 03/04.

BUGOFF:

My fear is all the Transmission and radiator talk
of 2005 and above models, plus electricals.
Would it be a mistake to buy this car?
Re: Nissan Xterra Owners Forum by Lordscrown(m): 8:29pm On Dec 02, 2015
Hello users!
My xtera 03/04 kickdisplay kick light,if I continue,it will start,and worked for 10 mins and off again
Re: Nissan Xterra Owners Forum by BUGOFF(m): 10:54am On Dec 03, 2015
Lordscrown:
Well,I don't think I can go above 03/04.
Hmm...scaring
Re: Nissan Xterra Owners Forum by laudate: 2:24pm On Jan 07, 2016
Production of Nissan Xterra has been stopped from 2015. How sad! angry

3 Likes

Re: Nissan Xterra Owners Forum by Dreamflyin(m): 1:39pm On May 14, 2016
Please my Nissan Sunny 2010 throttle just quit working. Car idles at 1800rpm, and throttle don't work.It has no throttle cable, but electronic.From one mechanic to another, and all are saying change the brainbox, change throttle sensor, and the throttle body.
Car is 5years old. Bought brand new and only changed clutch fibre and brake pads.
Help a brother please.Scanning threw up these codes - P2122, P2127, P2138, P1229.
Oga Siena, and Ikenna please help.
Re: Nissan Xterra Owners Forum by burac: 7:10am On Aug 26, 2016
Good morning folks. I own a 2004 nissan xterra. V6. I wis to upgrade to a 2008 or 2009. Will need some help on some questions.
1. Is it true that the issue for the xterra was fixed for 2008?
2. How can I know the difference between a 2007 and a 2008 xterra by mere looking at it?
3. Are the 2009 engine and suspension component that different? And are the price differences that much?
4. Is it also true that I can't install an in-dash dvd navigation system in the 2009?

Below is my xterra if interested....

1 Like

Re: Nissan Xterra Owners Forum by forgiveness: 12:30am On Sep 03, 2016
burac:
Good morning folks. I own a 2004 nissan xterra. V6. I wis to upgrade to a 2008 or 2009. Will need some help on some questions.
1. Is it true that the issue for the xterra was fixed for 2008?
2. How can I know the difference between a 2007 and a 2008 xterra by mere looking at it?
3. Are the 2009 engine and suspension component that different? And are the price differences that much?
4. Is it also true that I can't install an in-dash dvd navigation system in the 2009?

Below is my xterra if interested....

When did you buy your own and how much do you want to sell it? Thanks
Re: Nissan Xterra Owners Forum by burac: 4:54pm On Sep 05, 2016
forgiveness:

When did you buy your own and how much do you want to sell it? Thanks

Oct 2012. Selling at 900k
Re: Nissan Xterra Owners Forum by fizzybaba(m): 11:19am On Oct 15, 2016
send more pix to fizzy_30@yahoo.com

your no is not here for contact
Re: Nissan Xterra Owners Forum by gat2so(m): 7:48pm On Oct 17, 2016
I have the love for the xttera .... i saw a very clean and graded nigeria used 2007 at 57k miles but my fear now is what i got online about the 2005 and above is Coolant Leaks Destroying Nissan Transmissions... please any light on that is there any way to prevent this happening ...please i need an experience owner of those model to advice me before i go for it.....I need more light on it ....

1 Like

Re: Nissan Xterra Owners Forum by gat2so(m): 5:39pm On Oct 20, 2016
after a lot of reseach on the nizzan xterra 2005 and above generation which have the radiator coolant leaking with transimssion and get it burnt ... which is the factory error to that generation...this the solution i got online ......."bypass method." This involves disconnecting the lines to the cooler and capping them off, then re-routing the cooler lines so they bypass the radiator and utilize the auxiliary air-to-air cooler only. As far as the ATF, it should be operating in the 175-210 degree F. range. Those that have installed temp gauges on their tranny fluid have see temperatures around 150-165 degrees F. While this is a little cooler than spec, there haven't been any issues noted so far; there is really no need to add a second auxiliary cooler...... a simple video ..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jXSJKucLyI

3 Likes

Re: Nissan Xterra Owners Forum by Anthonyyy: 12:03am On Nov 06, 2016
Hi everyone! Please I bought my nissan xterra 2004 3years ago and since then I have been using AZ engine oil and just last week my new mechanic changed to jezco engine oil without my permission " so please guys do u think it might affect the Engine performance. Regards!
Re: Nissan Xterra Owners Forum by nissparts(m): 10:10pm On Nov 06, 2016
Anthonyyy:
Hi everyone! Please I bought my nissan xterra 2004 3years ago and since then I have been using AZ engine oil and just last week my new mechanic changed to jezco engine oil without my permission " so please guys do u think it might affect the Engine performance. Regards!

Both engine oils are just as bad, so you should be fine

1 Like

Re: Nissan Xterra Owners Forum by Shagati(m): 8:29am On Nov 07, 2016
nissparts:

Both engine oils are just as bad, so you should be fine

grin grin grin
Re: Nissan Xterra Owners Forum by Nobody: 1:03pm On Nov 07, 2016
If you are in abuja. kindly visit niyek automobile workshop for affordable services and repairs of nissan products
Re: Nissan Xterra Owners Forum by olagoldclearing(m): 8:59pm On Nov 08, 2016
if u need clearing agent that will pay custom duty in Lagos port Apapa for your goods from European country, Asia, America example :cars, containerized, groupage, personal effect pls contact Mr OLA tel 08169333813,09055744737,thanks for your co-operation.

1 Like

Re: Nissan Xterra Owners Forum by Nobody: 11:51pm On Oct 26, 2017
Thanks to Fhemmmy, I now have two lovely 2004 Xterras parked in my house. Worth every penny.
Re: Nissan Xterra Owners Forum by evergold(m): 7:22am On Oct 27, 2017
I just bought a used xterra 2003 yesterday in Abuja. The tranny quit on me at Masaka. Road side mechanic said I need to change the tranny. Please who knows how much is a tranny? Is it really a tranny problem? The car refuses to poo gears and after about a minute the tranny disengages and refuse to move.
Re: Nissan Xterra Owners Forum by Nobody: 2:44pm On Oct 27, 2017
Transmission failure in autos is usually gradual, showing up as difficulty in shifting before finally quitting. Was it working when you bought it? Verify if the transmission oil has not leaked out completely on the way. It has happened to me before (radiator support rusted, so the rad fell ontop of the transmission cooler lines and severed them).

Anyway, when I bought an xterra transmission it was N70k (early 2015)
Re: Nissan Xterra Owners Forum by Fhemmmy: 3:01pm On Oct 27, 2017
Gridlock:
Thanks to Fhemmmy, I now have two lovely 2004 Xterras parked in my house. Worth every penny.

Thanks a million for your business Sir . . . You were fun to work with and my utmost regards to madam, i remain your student sir oh and you owe me mama put joint

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Drive The 2019 G-wagon SUV Through The Mud Explained By Mercedes / Peace Mass Transit Transfers Bus Ownership To Drivers Through Hire Purchase / Evolution Of BUGATTI Hypercars From 2005 To 2019 In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.