Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,784 members, 7,810,044 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:16 PM

Benefits Of Being A Muslim Woman - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Benefits Of Being A Muslim Woman (2246 Views)

Muslim Woman In Kaduna Donates Bible To Pastor, Members / A Muslim Woman Embarrassed Me For Eating With My Left Hand / A Muslim Guy Rejected The New N100 Note (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benefits Of Being A Muslim Woman by salt1: 7:41pm On Jul 05, 2012
This post is for Muslim women to proudly share their belief. What actually is the reward for being a good Islamic woman. I can understand some men looking forward to marrying virgins. I've never heard what the woman stands to gain for submissively sharing her husband with other women or for patiently taking the beating from her husband which her religion sanctions. After being sooooo good, what then?
I am actually curious
Re: Benefits Of Being A Muslim Woman by JallowBah(f): 7:57pm On Jul 05, 2012
I am not a muslim myself, but I do hope it is okay for me to join the discussion?
My husband is a muslim mansmiley

I grew up with liberal christian parents, not being to religious myself, but always believing there is a greater power out there. There is so much energy, and the universe seems to respond..
Islam has much that I like, and I love learning more about it. what suprises me the most about the Quran is the scientific writings, wich where not prooved before hundreds of years later. How could they know..??
Re: Benefits Of Being A Muslim Woman by tbaba1234: 8:19pm On Jul 05, 2012
^ This should have been started in the Islam section...

@JallowBah check out this thread https://www.nairaland.com/972776/amazing-quran-pre-ramadan-study-interactive
Re: Benefits Of Being A Muslim Woman by Ptolomeus(m): 6:03pm On Jul 06, 2012
tbaba1234: ^ This should have been started in the Islam section...

@JallowBah check out this thread https://www.nairaland.com/972776/amazing-quran-pre-ramadan-study-interactive

No. The section on Islam is private. So what they wanted. This is a public thread and everyone can say.
I think that possibly the greatest benefits of an Islamic woman, her husband is careful not to leave marks on the time of hitting. You can also shout when you receive the punishment.
I will not mention the castration and the dilapidation, because I think they are issues that should be treated by the very Islamic.
My respects to all.
Re: Benefits Of Being A Muslim Woman by buzugee(m): 6:29pm On Jul 06, 2012
you dont need a whole lotta wardrobe.
Re: Benefits Of Being A Muslim Woman by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jul 06, 2012
JallowBah: I am not a muslim myself, but I do hope it is okay for me to join the discussion?
My husband is a muslim mansmiley

I grew up with liberal christian parents, not being to religious myself, but always believing there is a greater power out there. There is so much energy, and the universe seems to respond..
Islam has much that I like, and I love learning more about it. what suprises me the most about the Quran is the scientific writings, wich where not prooved before hundreds of years later. How could they know..??
do u still go to church or u now go to Mosque?
Re: Benefits Of Being A Muslim Woman by JallowBah(f): 12:00pm On Aug 26, 2012
toba: do u still go to church or u now go to Mosque?

Wops, I dont see this before now.

I never went much to churches growing up, only under christmas-time, name-givings, weddings and funerals.
My husband prefer praying at home instead of going to the mosque.

I have only been in a mosque one time in my life, here in Norway. I do like the energy I get from outside the churches in Gambia more than here. They sing, they applaud, they get really into it. Here, you sit down, complitely quiet, you might sing some sad songs, and listen to the priest talking with not much energy.
Re: Benefits Of Being A Muslim Woman by JallowBah(f): 12:03pm On Aug 26, 2012
Ptolomeus:

No. The section on Islam is private. So what they wanted. This is a public thread and everyone can say.
I think that possibly the greatest benefits of an Islamic woman, her husband is careful not to leave marks on the time of hitting. You can also shout when you receive the punishment.
I will not mention the castration and the dilapidation, because I think they are issues that should be treated by the very Islamic.
My respects to all.

Where do they write that it is okay to hit your spouse?
They even write you should turn your back and walk away..

As for clothes; They write you should cover, not how much you should cover.
Most muslim women I know dont wear hijabs, and wear colourful clothes and dress up like they want. Not much miniskirts around, thoughwink
Re: Benefits Of Being A Muslim Woman by proo212(m): 5:56pm On Aug 26, 2012
Jallowbah, it says so in Surah 4:34. Google is your friend...
Re: Benefits Of Being A Muslim Woman by JallowBah(f): 7:48pm On Aug 26, 2012
proo212: Jallowbah, it says so in Surah 4:34. Google is your friend...

Ah, that one.

Well, thats kinda what I like about religion. You have many crazy things written in the bible as well, but luckily, most of the people dont follow it, or use their holy book as an ezcuse.
Most religious people mix their religion very good up to the culture and society they live in.

Everyone is an individual, and everybody translate the book their own way, and everyone is raised different.

Its not religion that is bad, its how the people themself use it.
Re: Benefits Of Being A Muslim Woman by proo212(m): 9:47pm On Aug 26, 2012
Yes, that one...Looks like you know this particular passage, if so why do you ask the question? If its just how people use it, how do you reconcile how women are treated in Saudi Arabia and other Sharia states?
Re: Benefits Of Being A Muslim Woman by JallowBah(f): 9:54pm On Aug 26, 2012
proo212: Yes, that one...Looks like you know this particular passage, if so why do you ask the question? If its just how people use it, how do you reconcile how women are treated in Saudi Arabia and other Sharia states?

Because there are different ones that can be translated into being about beating as well, it just depends how you read it. I wish I could read arabic, and could have read the book like that instead.

Yeah, and look at their culture as well.

And then, look at Gambia. Senegal. Look at Scandinavian countries, that are christian countries. It all depends how you translate it, and how much of the book people wish to keep included into the culture.
Re: Benefits Of Being A Muslim Woman by Judek2(m): 10:40pm On Aug 26, 2012
JallowBah:

Ah, that one.

Well, thats kinda what I like about religion. You have many crazy things written in the bible as well, but luckily, most of the people dont follow it, or use their holy book as an ezcuse.
Most religious people mix their religion very good up to the culture and society they live in.

Everyone is an individual, and everybody translate the book their own way, and everyone is raised different.

Its not religion that is bad, its how the people themself use it

A law is a guide literaly written for guidance. Its as simple as that. When one derailes from the real motive of the law and choses to interprete it differently so that he spoils the law, he is then out of place, and he should be interogated.
The ones that adhere strictly to the tenets of the law are the law keepers, they have no guilt against it.

The law stands and speaks for itself and not what people speaks of it.
You can say, "this is what the law says, but instead of doing it my own way or abiding by it against my will, I'd rather avoid it".
Re: Benefits Of Being A Muslim Woman by Saintparis1: 11:55pm On Aug 26, 2012
Nothing, their prophet said they're m0r0ns. angry

(1) (Reply)

I Am Not Among The Richest Pastors-prophet T.B Joshua / My Letters To God... / UNBAIS Answers To Life's Most IMPORTANT QUESTIONS.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.