Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,990 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

A Muslim Guy Rejected The New N100 Note - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Muslim Guy Rejected The New N100 Note (34758 Views)

Stephanie Otobo Granted N100,000 Bail. Claims She's 23 Years / Mbaka: "Why I Rejected Jonathan’s Dollars" / Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Muslim Guy Rejected The New N100 Note by dandydrey(m): 5:23am On Mar 09, 2015
I witnessed something strange in my school last week.

I was at an eatery when an argument ensued between the attendant and a "Muslim student", funny enough the attendant is also a muslim.
The guy was given the new N100 note as his balance but he refused to collect it and was rather requesting for the old one, the woman was surprised and asked him why he wouldn't collect it and his reply was "there is no arabic on it"

This got me thinking that i had to ask some of my muslim friends of which they condemned the act.

To the muslims here, what's your take on this?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Muslim Guy Rejected The New N100 Note by DickDastardly(m): 5:43am On Mar 09, 2015
As a muslim converted forcefully by muslim section of NL, i tell you this day that its very wrong to receive that money that lacks arabic writing. Muslims must reject English and every other things about the west if they truely want to get their share of 72 virgins when they finally fly to aljana smiley

134 Likes 6 Shares

Re: A Muslim Guy Rejected The New N100 Note by yuncka: 5:49am On Mar 09, 2015
They should watch that guy closely, that's an extremist in the making. Tomorrow he will start killing people that can't speak arabic.

259 Likes 14 Shares

Re: A Muslim Guy Rejected The New N100 Note by Nobody: 6:01am On Mar 09, 2015
DickDastardly:
As a muslim converted forcefully by muslim section of NL, i tell you this day that its very wrong to receive that money that lacks arabic writing.
yanyanyanyan Chai ignorance bad o.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Muslim Guy Rejected The New N100 Note by TI1919(m): 6:26am On Mar 09, 2015
cheesy cheesy cheesy grin cool
Re: A Muslim Guy Rejected The New N100 Note by rad8(m): 6:31am On Mar 09, 2015
Some pple are not only ignorant but also have this high level of stupidity and senselessness inputted into them by their extreme fanaticism of some belief.

77 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Muslim Guy Rejected The New N100 Note by ephemm(m): 6:41am On Mar 09, 2015
He is just an extremist, does the USD have any Arabic inscription on it? Yet it is globally accepted even in ISIS controlled area - their medium of exchange of crude oil and firearms.

He'll get over it with time.

Extremism is not particular to Islam, some Christian denomination banned the use of Television a couple of years back, but we know where they are today.

Once U acquire knowledge, U acquire power.

135 Likes 7 Shares

Re: A Muslim Guy Rejected The New N100 Note by webincomeplus(m): 6:47am On Mar 09, 2015
Despite being a conservative Muslim myself, I totally disagree with what the guy did. The only excuse I'm trying to give him is, maybe he wasn't aware that the new N100 lacks the Arabic text and felt its omission on that particular note means it is fake. Even in that case, his ignorance is unpardonable.

But if he actually rejected it because what he perceives to be a symbol of his religion is missing on it, then he's missed it big time. And if he were enlightened enough in the first place, he should have known that those Arabic texts are really not Arabic words -- just a use of Arabic letters to write the value of the note in Hausa language.

As far as I know, Nigeria isn't an Islamic state!

126 Likes 9 Shares

Re: A Muslim Guy Rejected The New N100 Note by ben4ever(m): 7:14am On Mar 09, 2015
I don't see any reason to reject it except he doubts the authenticity of the money, besides those alhajis who change dollars don't look out for the Arabic sign on it.

7 Likes

Re: A Muslim Guy Rejected The New N100 Note by Nobody: 7:38am On Mar 09, 2015
Ignorance is a deadly disease.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Muslim Guy Rejected The New N100 Note by God2man(m): 12:41pm On Mar 09, 2015
ben4ever:
I don't see any reason to reject it except he doubts the authenticity of the money, besides those alhajis who change dollars don't look out for the Arabic sign on it.

Arabic sign on dollars.

3 Likes

Re: A Muslim Guy Rejected The New N100 Note by Nobody: 1:15pm On Mar 09, 2015
who says there no Arabic on it? what about the number "100"

3 Likes

Re: A Muslim Guy Rejected The New N100 Note by Nobody: 1:16pm On Mar 09, 2015
God2man:

Arabic sign on dollars.

Arabic numerals!

1 Like

Re: A Muslim Guy Rejected The New N100 Note by mmsen: 1:24pm On Mar 09, 2015
How misguided would you need to be to become angry that there is no Arabic writing on the fiat currency of a secular African nation.

Does he get upset when he receives dollars and there is no Arabic inscription to be found?

10 Likes

Re: A Muslim Guy Rejected The New N100 Note by davien(m): 1:27pm On Mar 09, 2015
Binb:

Arabic numerals!
The arabs did quite a lot....most forms of mathematics still bear the prefix "al-"

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Muslim Guy Rejected The New N100 Note by Built2last: 8:52pm On Mar 09, 2015
You don't understand.

You are regarded as harni (Infidel)

In their eyes, Jonathan is an infidel and whatever he does or represents is evil.

I was shocked when i was recently told that when ever muslims sin against Allah, he brings a christian to rule them.

and when ever they think this sin has been well paid for...they release all in their arsenal to regain power.

Jonathan is an infidel and indeed every christain in Nigeria or anywhere else.

just imagine that Yaradua was alive and produced centinary note of 100naira...will they reject it?

You may call me a bigot or a jonathanian but after spending 21 years in the north, i know them better and how they reason.

Again i repeat, God will not forgive Lord Lugard and his whiskey drinking girl friend flora shaw.

Imagine where southern protectorates would have been by now. They built Nigeria to be an Islamic state. Every govt building in Abuja was never approved till a mosque is incorporated in the plan. CBN, our money house has the best mosque built in it. Not to talk of SEC, NNPC, FERMA, FIRS, FCDA, NASS, Aso Rock villa was designed to look like the govt house of Morroco.

Not even Buhari can stop the crisis rocking the north because of uneven development. they are 100 years behind southern NIGERIAN.

Visit core north and see the beggars. You will curse Lugard.

abeg i dey vex...these guys are lunatics

100 Likes 8 Shares

Re: A Muslim Guy Rejected The New N100 Note by sweetcocoa(f): 8:52pm On Mar 09, 2015
Dude is just crazy ni, if I were the attendant, i'll tell him we no longer use the old one, rubbish.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Muslim Guy Rejected The New N100 Note by ednut1(m): 8:52pm On Mar 09, 2015
the bane of the world today is i***m

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Muslim Guy Rejected The New N100 Note by AmakaDNB(f): 8:53pm On Mar 09, 2015
Their biz

2 Likes

Re: A Muslim Guy Rejected The New N100 Note by scribble: 8:53pm On Mar 09, 2015
They're buying and selling with it in Kano.

And shekau will be happy to have some

You saw him crying out to isis recently

He has gone for broke.

7 Likes

Re: A Muslim Guy Rejected The New N100 Note by Oildichotomy(m): 8:54pm On Mar 09, 2015
Acts like this make the atheists and their likes have a field day castigating religion!

Left for me, we should do away with RELIGION and it's associated rites, Let's serve GOD for GOD alone

6 Likes

Re: A Muslim Guy Rejected The New N100 Note by coded01: 8:54pm On Mar 09, 2015
gringrin

Where is the Man Utd vs Arsenal Thread? grin

Wrong thread...quietly leaves... tongue grin

4 Likes

Re: A Muslim Guy Rejected The New N100 Note by Sanchez01: 8:54pm On Mar 09, 2015
That's quite unbelievable. So what happened to Christians who carried the Arabic marked note about for years? Arabic is not our language and it's not spoken in any part of Nigeria, why then must it be on our money when the Arabs did not colonize us OP, be careful. The person in question is a fanatic.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Muslim Guy Rejected The New N100 Note by MrFootball(m): 8:54pm On Mar 09, 2015
Are we Arabs

7 Likes

Re: A Muslim Guy Rejected The New N100 Note by oakson: 8:54pm On Mar 09, 2015
Who cares...

2 Likes

Re: A Muslim Guy Rejected The New N100 Note by EbirichBen(m): 8:55pm On Mar 09, 2015
That is their BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Re: A Muslim Guy Rejected The New N100 Note by ugosonic1: 8:55pm On Mar 09, 2015
ok
Re: A Muslim Guy Rejected The New N100 Note by Adyrin(m): 8:55pm On Mar 09, 2015
Who cares?
I wonder W̶̲̥̅̊ђA̶̲̥̅t he will do when the old one has gone outta circulation......
E go begin find two fifty naira or better still one hundred coins.
SMH lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: A Muslim Guy Rejected The New N100 Note by Nobody: 8:55pm On Mar 09, 2015
I wanted to create a topic on it a long time ago.
'bought onions from this Hausa guy in the market, and he rejected it. That was when it came out newly though.

I knew it was so serious, when I gave a 'beggar' and he said "aunty pls change it"...lols

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Muslim Guy Rejected The New N100 Note by skullbaba: 8:55pm On Mar 09, 2015
I don't believe the story. In another words story for the Gods

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

RCCG Offers To Help Nigerians In Libya / Chris Oyakhilome Called Sinach To Sing To Lady On Wheelchair, "She Got Healed" / Pastor Adeboye Registering For Voter's Card (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.