Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,903 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

Top Ten Reasons Why Nairaland Must Be Shut Down! - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Top Ten Reasons Why Nairaland Must Be Shut Down! (7356 Views)

I Hate Nairaland [MUST READ] / 10 Funny But True Fact Of Nairaland MUST READ / Nairaland Must Be Divided At Once! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Ten Reasons Why Nairaland Must Be Shut Down! by hotangel2(f): 4:36pm On Apr 05, 2006
Bottom Line Is He Makes <<snip>> Money, Which He Kind Of Deserves. How Doesnt Mater. Altho I Kinda Envy Him. Lol
Re: Top Ten Reasons Why Nairaland Must Be Shut Down! by Eastcoast(f): 4:42pm On Apr 05, 2006
hot-angel:

Bottom Line Is He Makes Lots Of Money, Which He Kind Of Deserves. How Doesnt Mater. Altho I Kinda Envy Him. Lol
let him that will not work, let him not eat, ah he deserves his money afterall, he is working for it. i am not so into computers n technology so i was kinda just wondering. anyway, i am working too, and making my own money grin grin. cheesy
Re: Top Ten Reasons Why Nairaland Must Be Shut Down! by Rhodalyn(f): 4:45pm On Apr 05, 2006
when im in lesson, nairaland
out nairaland

home nairaland
everywhere i go nairaland angry angry angry shocked shocked shocked shocked

i wish i could get more addicted to ma bks rather than nairaland cuz in da lng run, it's nt da post counts i wnt, but da grades, da grades is wht i wnt!!!!!
angry angry angry shocked shocked
Re: Top Ten Reasons Why Nairaland Must Be Shut Down! by Skidoc(m): 4:50pm On Apr 05, 2006
Eastcoast, you see those ads up there? <<snip>>

grin From the huge traffic, I can see that he is probably making loads of dough. grin
Re: Top Ten Reasons Why Nairaland Must Be Shut Down! by bolaoni(m): 5:32pm On Apr 05, 2006
Guys, Seun deserves all the money he is making. I think we should always contribute our token to him everyday.

Being someone into Online stuffs, I know what it takes to maintain a site with huge traffic. He is spending so much to have this kind of site on, so let him enjoy his "dolapo" grin

Infact, my own addiction has made me miss so many deadlines! But my own case is that I no get any boss, so nobody go shout on top of me say I late.

I'm also trying to recruit all of ma guys to NL as well.

This is surely a place to be. wink
Re: Top Ten Reasons Why Nairaland Must Be Shut Down! by thelma2(f): 5:39pm On Apr 05, 2006
talking about addictions! The server in my office was down for like 2weeks or so and i became restless and moody cos i could'nt get to nairaland. My boss noticed the restlessness and thought I was having relationship problems with my man. can you imagine? that's what Seun does to me.
Re: Top Ten Reasons Why Nairaland Must Be Shut Down! by bolaoni(m): 5:50pm On Apr 05, 2006
thelma2:

talking about addictions! The server in my office was down for like 2weeks or so and i became restless and moody because i could'nt get to nairaland. My boss noticed the restlessness and thought I was having relationship problems with my man. can you imagine? that's what Seun does to me.

lakuli! shocked Na wa o

Hope you didn't have sleepless nite sha!

What were people @ home saying?

Seun see what you have caused o grin
Re: Top Ten Reasons Why Nairaland Must Be Shut Down! by Skidoc(m): 6:38pm On Apr 05, 2006
bolaoni:

lakuli!

grin grin grin grin Hehehehe, bolaoni! This particular word got me laughing out LOUD! cheesy cheesy
Re: Top Ten Reasons Why Nairaland Must Be Shut Down! by bolaoni(m): 6:40pm On Apr 05, 2006
Yes Now!

U no see wetin the babe post? Na really LAKULI

grin
Re: Top Ten Reasons Why Nairaland Must Be Shut Down! by Nobody: 8:35pm On Apr 05, 2006
angry1. My family complain that i dont sleep at night cos i access it during late hours
2am- 5am and i have to go to work and later to skool

2. Even in the office, i keep telling my co-workers about nairaland.com

3. At school, everyone of my friends are on nairaland.com

4. Every cyber cafe u go into, u must see either one or two people on nairaland.com

5. I introduced my boss to it; he has 700 posts and i'm still not even on the 100 level.

6. My baby sister, wants to know why i wont stop telling my cousins about nairaland.com

7. My dad now spends more time on the laptop and only to find out that he's now logging
on to nairaland.com instead of getting info about his job

8. Whenever i'm on nairaland.com i dont give anybody the time or chance to use the
computer at home.

9. It gets to an extent that if my dad or mum is using the computer at home, i run out of
the house not wanting to miss a day without reading new posts.

10. I want to beat the hell out of Seun, for stealing my ideas. grin"he stole it in my dreams "
actually and today its the BOMB!!! wink

Seun if u dare close nairaland.com, i'll hunt you, i'll make sure i turn u into a baked pie or a chess burger instead, u dont want to dare me u know. So just be nice cos u'll cause an emotional breakdown to the entire world that would take only the "RISE OF NAIRALAND"

Chao.
Re: Top Ten Reasons Why Nairaland Must Be Shut Down! by IAH(f): 8:37pm On Apr 05, 2006
This is serious. cheesy
Re: Top Ten Reasons Why Nairaland Must Be Shut Down! by hotangel2(f): 8:40pm On Apr 05, 2006
IAH:

This is serious. cheesy

Even serious-er than i thought. cheesy
Re: Top Ten Reasons Why Nairaland Must Be Shut Down! by Eastcoast(f): 11:53pm On Apr 05, 2006
i have been trying to get one of my friends to visit the site. i believe that when she does, she would be hooked grin grin grin cheesy wink and unfortunately by then, i might be gone wink wink
Re: Top Ten Reasons Why Nairaland Must Be Shut Down! by Oracle(m): 5:48am On Apr 06, 2006
Nairaland's success is so sudden and surprising seun must have put some extra efforts so we should give him kudos for that
as for me I don't think we should shut down nairaland
Re: Top Ten Reasons Why Nairaland Must Be Shut Down! by kimba(m): 7:01am On Apr 06, 2006
Seun, thanks jo, Nairaland is a great idea.

My own problem is that when i go home, im still thinking about all the posts ive replied, thinking maybe someone has replied them again, added something new, and what did this person say, what was that persons view, maybe i should have said it like this or that, maybe twould make more impact etc,

I consider the internet as my major vice. I remember when i was at NYSC camp, i couldnt check my mail for 3 straight weeks - o boy, i was almost having hypertension. My head was just ringing email, email, email, as if the whole world were sending me emails at every minute, as if my whole email box was already full and the chairman of yahoo already sent me a warning email, hey your mailaddr will be deleted tomorrow morning if you dont, twas as if there was already an i-am-a-dead-man if-i-do-not reply email languishing hopelessly in my mail box and the whole time was running out if i do not reply. Finally, we got our call-up letters, and you know what, rather than go submit mine, i went straight to the nearest cafe. Did i find any useful email there, i guess just about 3. Immediately, a smile came on my face, twas like i had passed an exam.

But with Nairaland its different. I would just say, ok, let me check whats happening, i wont reply now, ill just read the topics and think about what my input will be, but oh my God, there is always an i-cant-but-not-contribute-to-this-one topic waiting as the default page opens, posted by somebody, and by the time I read it, wow, everybody has made a reply and it seems my own input is what that particular topic is waiting for before the whole world goes hey-wire, and so i go banging at my keyboard again, just like ive just done now.

ps help me, am I Crazy!!!!

I guess we could fish out some doctor-who story for one of the threads, with so many twists and turns, great idea for a thread huh, someone start a story and everyone must continue with short paragraphs, hey thats a great idea, then lets see how it all ends.
Re: Top Ten Reasons Why Nairaland Must Be Shut Down! by bolaoni(m): 2:53pm On Apr 10, 2006
rikkyjen:

WTF? Was stating logical points scathing enough to warrant all this verbal missiles you guys are directing her.For fxck sake, she said the damn fact!!!, i know its a bitter pill, but you guys just need to admit that you also deserve accolades for the success of this forum,without You ALL, there is no nairaland.!!!1

we know oga, but not to the extent of her/he telling us we are bootlickers!

That is what we won't accept. If you are saying how addicted U are to a place, what makes you a bootlicker?

What if the site wasn't started where would we have had the chance to meet all the wonderful people on this forum?

Please let us appreciate people for what they are doing. That is what we are doing NOW!

The likes of Henry Ford are still being appreciated today for the revolutions they have brought into our world.

They made money through what they did, but that doesn't mean they are not appreciated. Will anybody remove the name of Ford from the automobile hall of fame and put the names of the buyers?

Ha ha, this is serious o. if na Oyinbo man start this, we will go to any lenght to praise and please them.

Na wa for Naija.
Re: Top Ten Reasons Why Nairaland Must Be Shut Down! by Seun(m): 3:04pm On Apr 10, 2006
For the avoidance of doubt I want to state categorically that I appreciate the input of each and every member of this forum, especially the Nairaland addicts, elders and comedians. You girls and guys deserve a lot of credit. Thanks a million for jumping aboard and helping to create what will soon become the best Nigerian Forum!

kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Top Ten Reasons Why Nairaland Must Be Shut Down! by Nobody: 3:06pm On Apr 10, 2006
Seun:

For the avoidance of doubt I want to state categorically that I appreciate the input of each and every member of this forum, especially the Nairaland addicts, elders and comedians. You girls and guys deserve a lot of credit. Thanks a million for jumping aboard and helping to create what will soon become the best Nigerian Forum!

kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

now u are talking! I was wondering when you were going to give us a pat on the back. hey suzi1! you happy now?

pls come back cry
Re: Top Ten Reasons Why Nairaland Must Be Shut Down! by harmony: 6:30pm On Apr 10, 2006
i only think it should be shut down temporaily because it is addicting.
Re: Top Ten Reasons Why Nairaland Must Be Shut Down! by ik3: 6:50pm On Apr 10, 2006
Hi seun,
                well if u really think u are tired of existing try this suicidal thought, this will not only put u between scylla and charybdis, but will be a death toll contract.
                                                                                       am out!
please do't try it.
cry[tt][/tt]
Re: Top Ten Reasons Why Nairaland Must Be Shut Down! by 4real(m): 4:21am On Apr 11, 2006
i.k me i no get you ohh
Re: Top Ten Reasons Why Nairaland Must Be Shut Down! by hotangel2(f): 3:22pm On Apr 11, 2006
bolaoni:

Please let us appreciate people for what they are doing. That is what we are doing NOW!

Forgive me, but i think u are wrong. We are listing reasons why Nairaland must be shut now. Not top ten reasons to appreciate seun. kay?
Re: Top Ten Reasons Why Nairaland Must Be Shut Down! by Seun(m): 3:41pm On Apr 11, 2006
hot-angel, he started the thread. He should know what it's about.
Re: Top Ten Reasons Why Nairaland Must Be Shut Down! by vichel(m): 10:44pm On Apr 11, 2006
U guyz need help. This thread is so funny. Addiction to nairaland can't be cured, its something u've got to grow old with. NAIRALAND JUNKIES cheesy cheesy
Re: Top Ten Reasons Why Nairaland Must Be Shut Down! by omoayeni: 12:29am On Apr 12, 2006
If nairaland shut down for any reason then be prepared to see alot of naija abroad in the psychiaric homes,if u say its addictive to stick to the website 24/7 u may be right but I think the bottomline is that it shows how deep we love our father land without even realizing it,for instnace it twas three days ago I discovered the site and u can not imagine how my important schedules have been screwed up,but nevertheless it still remain my #1 website of all time.
Re: Top Ten Reasons Why Nairaland Must Be Shut Down! by 4real(m): 1:06am On Apr 12, 2006
i have an idea how to shut nairaland down without the help of seun, lets call OSAMA to blow it all away ah ah aha ah ah ah grin grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Top Ten Reasons Why Nairaland Must Be Shut Down! by Zahymaka(m): 5:26am On Apr 16, 2006
Since Nairaland is addicting, a feature should be built into the forum that bans each member in such a way that you can only spend 3 hours each day at most.
Re: Top Ten Reasons Why Nairaland Must Be Shut Down! by aderaskeey(m): 10:59am On Apr 18, 2006
Tetrabyte thanks to Seun for obeying the call of this vision, and a Billion gratitude to the God of creativity that brought Seun our way!
Re: Top Ten Reasons Why Nairaland Must Be Shut Down! by Moukee(m): 6:41pm On Apr 28, 2006
I am already suffering from insomnia. Came back from work this morning and I have been hooked on Nairaland ever since without a wink. This is dangerous o.
Re: Top Ten Reasons Why Nairaland Must Be Shut Down! by lovelyS(m): 9:47am On May 02, 2006
I'M SO ADDICTED 2 NIRALAND THAT :

1.I can't do without it just 4 a sacond

2.I lost my G/F

3.I almost lost my Job

4.I sometimes laugh aloud that some of my colleagues think dat i'm crazy

5.I bought i bigger phone and subcribe 4 internet b/cus of niraland

6.I demanded 4 faster system(computer) in the office

7.I used niraland as my web page

8.I check niraland web page even B/4 i check my e-box

9.I always 4get 2 eat

10.I LUV ALL NIRALANDERZ
Re: Top Ten Reasons Why Nairaland Must Be Shut Down! by Eastcoast(f): 2:27pm On May 02, 2006
this could have been da bomb but unfortunately it isn't because of one persons behavior n This person has plenty influence
Re: Top Ten Reasons Why Nairaland Must Be Shut Down! by bolaoni(m): 2:40pm On May 02, 2006
hmmmmmm

I hope you ain't courting trouble sha. So many posts have disappeared already from this thread.

Nwoke/Seun, what is really happening? This is getting 2 much oga.

You make a post and just within a twinkle of an eye it is gone.

Ha ha! Na wah oooo sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

We Are Buying Itunes Card At The Rate Of 360/dollar / How Much To Get Nigerian International Passport Currently / DAPOBEAR EMERGES POLITICS SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR - 2010

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.