Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,296 members, 7,811,887 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:18 PM

Serving Youth Corpers Beans With Garri, Good Or Bad? - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Serving Youth Corpers Beans With Garri, Good Or Bad? (7544 Views)

Using My NYSC Certificate As Collateral To Get Loan - Good Or Bad Idea / Firstbank Empowers 8000 Youth Corpers (Photos) / Accessible Loan For Serving Youth Corpers Who Want To Start A Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Serving Youth Corpers Beans With Garri, Good Or Bad? by Nobody: 10:09am On Jul 06, 2012
we were served smal beans and garri to drink at nysc camp okada yesterday. what actually is the aim of ths national service? I'm confused;eating tasteless foods everyday

1 Like

Re: Serving Youth Corpers Beans With Garri, Good Or Bad? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jul 06, 2012
splendidb20: we were served smal beans and garri to drink at nysc camp okada yesterday. what actually is the aim of ths national service? I'm confused;eating tasteless foods everyday
Its called National orientation, how do now feel about the poor and the needy who have nothing to eat than beans and garri. It was on my menu during NYSC, its now your turn, enjoy your camp life and dont complain.

13 Likes

Re: Serving Youth Corpers Beans With Garri, Good Or Bad? by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jul 06, 2012
Are u complaining about the particular 'beans and garri' served in camp or 'beans and garri' in general?
Re: Serving Youth Corpers Beans With Garri, Good Or Bad? by ebamma(m): 1:50pm On Jul 06, 2012
nysc stands for nigeria youths serving as casualities.

1 Like

Re: Serving Youth Corpers Beans With Garri, Good Or Bad? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jul 06, 2012
splendidb20: we were served smal beans and garri to drink at nysc camp okada yesterday. what actually is the aim of ths national service? I'm confused;eating tasteless foods everyday
Eya, barely ate their food, was always at mammy market. Make una shine una eyes oooo, during my time, indigene thieves came into our hall to cut purses while we were asleep-you know that thing is never to leave your waist, it only comes off when you are bathing.

We were not served garri and beans though while I was there. If you are boxed up, then eat mammy, if not manage the food on days it is good and eat mammy on days you can't tolerate it.
Re: Serving Youth Corpers Beans With Garri, Good Or Bad? by miteolu(m): 1:56pm On Jul 06, 2012

Nothing do you. Naso NYSC camp be. Eat am with fun . Unless you get money to visit Mami Market for nice foods
Re: Serving Youth Corpers Beans With Garri, Good Or Bad? by deandavid(m): 1:58pm On Jul 06, 2012
what's wrong with garri and beans? People eat that food in their houses, if you dont like it, then visit mammy, its as simple as that. See this one...u tink say na fried rice dm go giv u chop?

2 Likes

Re: Serving Youth Corpers Beans With Garri, Good Or Bad? by Bibol(f): 2:00pm On Jul 06, 2012
We were served beans and gari during my time too. Its not really a big deal. I ate at mammy market when the food served wasn't palatable. Its just for 3weeks, so endure it. You will soon be out of there so stop complaining
Re: Serving Youth Corpers Beans With Garri, Good Or Bad? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jul 06, 2012
deandavid: what's wrong with garri and beans? People eat that food in their houses, if you dont like it, then visit mammy, its as simple as that. See this one...u tink say na fried rice dm go giv u chop?
Have you seen the beans he is talking about?
Re: Serving Youth Corpers Beans With Garri, Good Or Bad? by werepeLeri: 2:02pm On Jul 06, 2012
OP-

Did you not eat that while in school, or even at home? You dont even pity or think about those who dont have. What do you expect to be served - Fried rice with turkey and a bottle of champagne each?

Dont you know where Mammy market is?
Re: Serving Youth Corpers Beans With Garri, Good Or Bad? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jul 06, 2012
It's very Good!!
Beans has the essentials the body needs to survive.
But it's not by beans alone, there should be other varieties of food served.
If the beans/garri is free, then there's no need to complain. cool Beggars cannot be choosers; Oliver Twist asked for "more", he did not ask for a 5* meal.

1 Like

Re: Serving Youth Corpers Beans With Garri, Good Or Bad? by davidvictor: 2:07pm On Jul 06, 2012
guy ibi lyk say na aje,abi u grow 4 yanki?
Re: Serving Youth Corpers Beans With Garri, Good Or Bad? by Ryabcool(m): 2:10pm On Jul 06, 2012
ebamma: nysc stands for nigeria youths serving as casualities.
hehehe! Nigerian Youths Serving as Convicts sounds much better in this case! :-D
Re: Serving Youth Corpers Beans With Garri, Good Or Bad? by shaneroberts26: 2:13pm On Jul 06, 2012
Ntoo

Re: Serving Youth Corpers Beans With Garri, Good Or Bad? by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jul 06, 2012
God 4bid i only got to know the way to the Kitchen when my platoon was to handle the kitchen for a particular day, and i was one of the platoon leaders.. Why would i eat that kinda food? undecided... Well i was in Lagos Camp and it was fun i must confess grin
Re: Serving Youth Corpers Beans With Garri, Good Or Bad? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jul 06, 2012
abegiiiiiii...............some people can form sha........enjoy d beans jooooor and stop complaining.......just catch d fun......cant forget my batch b 2011 room mates in kano camp........if nah tym for kitchen nobody dey carry last ooooo..........no forming.........
Re: Serving Youth Corpers Beans With Garri, Good Or Bad? by tunapawizzy: 2:19pm On Jul 06, 2012
O boi u dey make me laff o...weytin u wan make dem give u chop..chicken n chips? DDDD-Dey dere dey dull. U no even happy...some people dey find garri without beans o..if u no lyk d meal better use dt opportunity to do fasting and prayer make God provide u good job becos govt no go even give u dt beans n garri again afta service

3 Likes

Re: Serving Youth Corpers Beans With Garri, Good Or Bad? by koruji(m): 2:21pm On Jul 06, 2012
Beaf's reincarnation - you are mightly out of order.

What kind of National orientation are you talking about - orientation to poverty?

How can you call people for national service and serve them with beans and garri like almajiri? Meanwhile, the "headman" is sitting in Aso Rock "soaking" in N1 billion a month food budget -and doing pretty much zip, I must add.

Some transformation this is

Billyonaire: Its called National orientation, how do now feel about the poor and the needy who have nothing to eat than beans and garri. It was on my menu during NYSC, its now your turn, enjoy your camp life and dont complain.

3 Likes

Re: Serving Youth Corpers Beans With Garri, Good Or Bad? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jul 06, 2012
I ate only mammy food during my time, but even d mammy food sef eh!, once I found maggots inside my fish, thankfully it was my last night in camp. @op pls stop complaining, ur complaining over food, go and interact with some corpers and u'll find out how grateful they are 4 dat beans and garri u r complaining about. Some people can't even afford 3 square meals.at least NYSC showed me that.
Re: Serving Youth Corpers Beans With Garri, Good Or Bad? by sabiti: 2:36pm On Jul 06, 2012
nawa2uo...lyk say dm. clear ur doubt abi or did u think u were going 2b givn a 5* treat. Guy,wakeup!
Re: Serving Youth Corpers Beans With Garri, Good Or Bad? by kennytidistar(m): 2:37pm On Jul 06, 2012
no waste you money for mammy market ooo na that garri go make you legit and remain galant: chop am with fun!

1 Like

Re: Serving Youth Corpers Beans With Garri, Good Or Bad? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jul 06, 2012
koruji: Beaf's reincarnation - you are mightly out of order.

What kind of National orientation are you talking about - orientation to poverty?

How can you call people for national service and serve them with beans and garri like almajiri? Meanwhile, the "headman" is sitting in Aso Rock "soaking" in N1 billion a month food budget -and doing pretty much zip, I must add.

Some transformation this is

You are so pathetic, if garri and beans reminds you of your poor background, it reminds many us of how far with have come, from grass to self-made billionaires. I offered off-the-book thoughts to the OP to keep her going but you seem to be reminded of your level state of desperation.
Re: Serving Youth Corpers Beans With Garri, Good Or Bad? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jul 06, 2012
Billyonaire: You are so pathetic, if garri and beans reminds you of your poor background, it reminds many us of how far with have come, from grass to self-made billionaires. I offered off-the-book thoughts to the OP to keep her going but you seem to be reminded of your level state of desperation.

Hmm hmm. Now is that right. A self-made billionaire, we don hear.
Re: Serving Youth Corpers Beans With Garri, Good Or Bad? by kaiter: 2:47pm On Jul 06, 2012
We were served beans and gari during my time too. Its not really a big deal.[img]http://www.demama.info/g.gif[/img]
Re: Serving Youth Corpers Beans With Garri, Good Or Bad? by somama(f): 2:53pm On Jul 06, 2012
eeeh yaahh eat it with joy....come to think of it sef, wetin do beans and garri, no be food?
Re: Serving Youth Corpers Beans With Garri, Good Or Bad? by calabaman(m): 2:54pm On Jul 06, 2012
I rmba my orientation camp experience in Keffi Nasarawa. They served beans for dinner one of those nites which lead to corpers fainting here and there. Even the soldiers that ate it too were not spared. Whilst i was gisting with one of my frnds, he too suddenly slumped. It wasnt funny that evenin. They later blamed it on the kitchen staff that they didnt parboil the beans well. My advic: Avoid food like beans, porridge n Eba that can lead to tummy ache! If u have the dough go to Mammy and flex!!! Enjoy ur camp cos it happens but once in a lifetime! P.S: am not one of those that ate the beans lol

1 Like

Re: Serving Youth Corpers Beans With Garri, Good Or Bad? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jul 06, 2012
calabaman: I rmba my orientation camp experience in Keffi Nasarawa. They served beans for dinner one of those nites which lead to corpers fainting here and there. Even the soldiers that ate it too were not spared. Whilst i was gisting with one of my frnds, he too suddenly slumped. It wasnt funny that evenin. They later blamed it on the kitchen staff that they didnt parboil the beans well. My advic: Avoid food like beans, porridge n Eba that can lead to tummy ache! If u have the dough go to Mammy and flex!!! Enjoy ur camp cos it happens but once in a lifetime! P.S: am not one of those that ate the beans lol
Beans and Garri is a great declicacy, I dont know why it sounds funny, but believe me, it has all classes of nutrients apart from vitamins...may be...
Re: Serving Youth Corpers Beans With Garri, Good Or Bad? by SpiritofOkija(m): 3:00pm On Jul 06, 2012
As a former Platoon leader, I must attest to the fact that NYSC Camp food is rather poor..

The Federal government needs to step in and hand over thecatering contract to reputable catering companies like UAC and co..

I served in Obubra Camp and that camp is a catastrophy waiting to happen.. Infact, I will find my camp pics and put it up..

The water used for cooking is brown in color and I am not exxagetratting.. Ask for the Beans and Garri matterm, Its standard.. NYSC officials make a killing from the money allocated for catering for corpers.
Re: Serving Youth Corpers Beans With Garri, Good Or Bad? by slimming: 3:02pm On Jul 06, 2012

if you don't like it, then visit us at the mamim market
Re: Serving Youth Corpers Beans With Garri, Good Or Bad? by Muttex(m): 3:02pm On Jul 06, 2012
I did my orientation camp in OKADA in 2009 Batch A. that is exactly the way were served. sometimes pap and beans wahala. the only food that is fair is rice. Anyway, i dont use to go to collect my food, i did go to the mummie market but when boi broke , i go queue for food oo..Lol.
Re: Serving Youth Corpers Beans With Garri, Good Or Bad? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jul 06, 2012
It's part of d men. Maybe most of u who have served never had d opportunity of seeing d menu used in orientation camps. It's captioned "IN THE SPIRIT OF SERVICE TO FATHERLAND". Although I didn't eat any their food because i cudnt stand d rush and if i wait until d queue clears, i'll be served rubish. I just stoped going to d kitchen. Infact i had a g/f @mammy cos of my regularity. Lol... So whatever u r given, accept it "gladly" in d spirit of service to fatherland. **singing** Youth obey the clarion call
Let us lift our nation high
Under the sun and in the rain
With dedication and SELFLESSNESS
Nigeria is ours...
Nigeria... we serve...
Hip! Hip!! Hip!!!
Re: Serving Youth Corpers Beans With Garri, Good Or Bad? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jul 06, 2012
Spirit of Okija: As a former Platoon leader, I must attest to the fact that NYSC Camp food is rather poor..

The Federal government needs to step in and hand over thecatering contract to reputable catering companies like UAC and co..

I served in Obubra Camp and that camp is a catastrophy waiting to happen.. Infact, I will find my camp pics and put it up..

The water used for cooking is brown in color and I am not exxagetratting.. Ask for the Beans and Garri matterm, Its standard.. NYSC officials make a killing from the money allocated for catering for corpers.
I was made to understand during the orientation process that the food provided were intentional, to enable one cope with any adverse condition one might encounter in the field, the 18KM walk was part of that exercise, I can attest that it was of great help when I was posted to a remote village in Osun State, we often trekked and ate whatever was prepared in their local restaurants, with time one adjusted to the environment and had no reason to make the villagers think we are bigger or richer than them. Its a state of mind.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Batch B Nysc 2014 Time-table / NYSC Batch A Stream 2 Orientation (camping) Date 2017-2018 / ANAMBRA A'16 Lets Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.