Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,282 members, 7,811,832 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:38 PM

A Truce Between Pro And Anti Goodluck Jonathan On Nairaland - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Truce Between Pro And Anti Goodluck Jonathan On Nairaland (2473 Views)

Deadly Encounter Between Pro-biafra And JTF In Onitsha (graphic Photo) / Photo Of Goodluck Jonathan On A Refuse Dump! / Goodluck Jonathan On A Shopping Spree Abroad...photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Truce Between Pro And Anti Goodluck Jonathan On Nairaland by 1025: 9:48am On Jul 08, 2012
the prayer of every nigerian is to see a nigerian where brothers and sisters living over seas will plan to come home.
no one here can link me to any successful country in this world without effective, efficient and independent institutions.
nigeria will be good is a positive thing to say and nigeria is going down is an something that can be proved but many will call it negative thing to say.
if you look at the present administration, one will find it very very difficult to say where the FG's focus is.
no matter how effective jonathan is, there is no way nigeria can be good overnight but what we as nigerians expect from jonathan is the basic structures/foundation on which development can be built in nigeria.
we do not have an independent police, judiciary system and above all INEC.
as long as the police listens to the presidency before arresting and persecuting offenders, as long as jonathan toys with the judiciary system and as long as inec remains a personal decision or tool in the hands of fg, if we like, let us pray from now till the next 60 yrs. if we fast from now till 70 yrs, without work, nothing will happen here.
there is only one way to development which is justice and there will never be justice in the presence of corruption.
kill corruption and things will begin to change but harbour corruption and we will continue going down.
jonathan to me was selected by the devils of this country as a loyalist and i don't see him changing things the way nigerians want them.
let us learn from ghana. big heads must roll and precious bloods must be wasted for nigeria to move forward.
Re: A Truce Between Pro And Anti Goodluck Jonathan On Nairaland by Mandelaguy(m): 1:23pm On Jul 08, 2012
1025: the prayer of every nigerian is to see a nigerian where brothers and sisters living over seas will plan to come home.
no one here can link me to any successful country in this world without effective, efficient and independent institutions.
nigeria will be good is a positive thing to say and nigeria is going down is an something that can be proved but many will call it negative thing to say.
if you look at the present administration, one will find it very very difficult to say where the FG's focus is.
no matter how effective jonathan is, there is no way nigeria can be good overnight but what we as nigerians expect from jonathan is the basic structures/foundation on which development can be built in nigeria.
we do not have an independent police, judiciary system and above all INEC.
as long as the police listens to the presidency before arresting and persecuting offenders, as long as jonathan toys with the judiciary system and as long as inec remains a personal decision or tool in the hands of fg, if we like, let us pray from now till the next 60 yrs. if we fast from now till 70 yrs, without work, nothing will happen here.
there is only one way to development which is justice and there will never be justice in the presence of corruption.
kill corruption and things will begin to change but harbour corruption and we will continue going down.
jonathan to me was selected by the devils of this country as a loyalist and i don't see him changing things the way nigerians want them.
let us learn from ghana. big heads must roll and precious bloods must be wasted for nigeria to move forward.
Now,the blood suckers,vampires and woremongers are showing themselves!
Re: A Truce Between Pro And Anti Goodluck Jonathan On Nairaland by jmaine: 1:29pm On Jul 08, 2012
manny4life:

How do you expect truce when almost everything you have written is just impossible given the time frame? All you have listed lacked the SMART goal competencies (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, Timely).

1. I agree with this, however, how do you expect to prosecute the scam fellows in one year? You're not been realistic. Even in the U.S., the prosecution needs months to prepare his case, how much Nigeria where you corruption is entangled into one another? This is way impossible.

2. Good federal roads everywhere. Seriously? You have to measure each roads in all 36 states + the FCT, then divide by 365, that will give you how much roads to be constructed daily given you timeliness... embarassed embarassed embarassed

3. Professor Barth Nnaji has repeatedly stated that power reforms are in progress, please listen to the man. In addition to that, you should shed more light what kinds of short/long term improvements you seek in one year...smh

4. (I)This is somewhat laughable. 10% improvement in employment? Given the statistic (CIA world fact) that about 22.1% of the working age (18-65) is unemployed. Let's assume for a second that about 70% of 160 million Nigerians (112million) fit into this working age group, and 22.1% of this group is unemployed or 2.21% of the 112million, so you expect at least 2.47million Nigerians employed within one year? In what world does that happen? Are you for real? undecided undecided undecided

(II)In addition to my epistle, creating of job is absolutely NOT the responsibility of the FG, however, the enforcement of right policies is what create jobs. Therefore, while you're at it, hold your NASS Reps, Governors, and all municipal leaders for jobs as well. Creating of jobs involves all the inputs and not just the president and his team.

5. How can you measure security without no yard stick? Really? Dude, if you say curbing of BH menace, that's understandable. If you say decreased crime (theft, murders, etc), now you're talking but outright just saying it like that is plain vague.

6. Though I will agree on this part, but if you looked at the 2012 closely, most of the items belonging to capital expense, were more of long term categories than short run. While I stand by this 100%, it's highly improbable given the politics in Nigeria.

7. Reversal of capital expense of that ratio is even vague. The statutory allocation to NASS is a whopping 9%, go figure. In addition, our debt servicing, though recurring, is 11%. Therefore, the real recurring has been slashed to 52%. Now that we've set that aside, unfortunately, the president doesn't have FULL autonomy over the budget. If you want something slashed further, NOW IS THE TIME TO PETITION YOU NASS REP AHEAD OF THE 2013 BUDGET SHOWDOWN.

In other words, it's impossible to achieve ALL of these in one year even if we had the "PERFECT SYSTEM". How can you hold a man accountable for years of decay in the system. While I'm not exonerating GEJ, at the same time, EVERY LEADER in Nigeria has contributed, minutely or largely to what's destroying Nigeria. Holding one person accountable and expecting him to wave the magic wand and perform miracle is plain vague and forgive me (foo*lish).

Therefore, the moment you're true to yourself and acknowledge the challenges we all face, the better for you. There's a strong underlining bias AND prejudice towards this so-called truce; the goals aren't SMART, therefore, your goals are hereby REVOKED

[size=18pt]This is a wicked lovely post [/size]
Re: A Truce Between Pro And Anti Goodluck Jonathan On Nairaland by Pupita(f): 1:37pm On Jul 08, 2012
Truce? Don't tell me confidence levels are eroded already. Haters,fight for your paymasters naa!
Re: A Truce Between Pro And Anti Goodluck Jonathan On Nairaland by manny4life(m): 2:28pm On Jul 08, 2012
Pupita: Truce? Don't tell me confidence levels are eroded already. Haters,fight for your paymasters naa!

Even monkeys have opinions undecided undecided undecided
Re: A Truce Between Pro And Anti Goodluck Jonathan On Nairaland by stiyke(m): 2:36pm On Jul 08, 2012
In a war situation, the first to seek truce is often suffering heavy losses and in need of restrategizing. They maybe running out of ammo.
Re: A Truce Between Pro And Anti Goodluck Jonathan On Nairaland by Mandelaguy(m): 3:05pm On Jul 08, 2012
manny4life:

Even monkeys have opinions undecided undecided undecided
Yeah,monkeys like you
stiyke: In a war situation, the first to seek truce is often suffering heavy losses and in need of restrategizing. They maybe running out of ammo.
my brother,you can say that again,that was my first thought,check my first response.
Re: A Truce Between Pro And Anti Goodluck Jonathan On Nairaland by manny4life(m): 3:45pm On Jul 08, 2012
Mandelaguy: Yeah,monkeys like you.

Well, if it hurts you that much, go and hang... period.

I will reiterate again "even monkeys have opinions"... grin grin grin grin
Re: A Truce Between Pro And Anti Goodluck Jonathan On Nairaland by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jul 08, 2012
ypzilanti:

I support GEJ the same way I support athletes at the special olympics. There's something in every goodhearted person that wants the guy with limited capabilities struggling against all odds to win.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

this is MEAN!

1 Like

Re: A Truce Between Pro And Anti Goodluck Jonathan On Nairaland by Mandelaguy(m): 4:00pm On Jul 08, 2012
@manny4life,the joke is on you,you just fell into the pit u dug! Monkey!
Re: A Truce Between Pro And Anti Goodluck Jonathan On Nairaland by manny4life(m): 4:04pm On Jul 08, 2012
Mandelaguy: @manny4life,the joke is on you,you just fell into the pit u dug! Monkey!

What joke? The last I recall, I wasn't making jokes... undecided undecided undecided

Again, I will reiterate again

"Even Monkeys/Gibbon class have opinions. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

If you don't like it, GO AND HANG... smiley smiley smiley
Re: A Truce Between Pro And Anti Goodluck Jonathan On Nairaland by ypzilanti: 4:06pm On Jul 08, 2012
manny4life:

How do you expect truce when almost everything you have written is just impossible given the time frame? All you have listed lacked the SMART goal competencies (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, Timely).

1. I agree with this, however, how do you expect to prosecute the scam fellows in one year? You're not been realistic. Even in the U.S., the prosecution needs months to prepare his case, how much Nigeria where you corruption is entangled into one another? This is way impossible.

2. Good federal roads everywhere. Seriously? You have to measure each roads in all 36 states + the FCT, then divide by 365, that will give you how much roads to be constructed daily given you timeliness... embarassed embarassed embarassed

3. Professor Barth Nnaji has repeatedly stated that power reforms are in progress, please listen to the man. In addition to that, you should shed more light what kinds of short/long term improvements you seek in one year...smh

4. (I)This is somewhat laughable. 10% improvement in employment? Given the statistic (CIA world fact) that about 22.1% of the working age (18-65) is unemployed. Let's assume for a second that about 70% of 160 million Nigerians (112million) fit into this working age group, and 22.1% of this group is unemployed or 2.21% of the 112million, so you expect at least 2.47million Nigerians employed within one year? In what world does that happen? Are you for real? undecided undecided undecided

(II)In addition to my epistle, creating of job is absolutely NOT the responsibility of the FG, however, the enforcement of right policies is what create jobs. Therefore, while you're at it, hold your NASS Reps, Governors, and all municipal leaders for jobs as well. Creating of jobs involves all the inputs and not just the president and his team.

5. How can you measure security without no yard stick? Really? Dude, if you say curbing of BH menace, that's understandable. If you say decreased crime (theft, murders, etc), now you're talking but outright just saying it like that is plain vague.

6. Though I will agree on this part, but if you looked at the 2012 closely, most of the items belonging to capital expense, were more of long term categories than short run. While I stand by this 100%, it's highly improbable given the politics in Nigeria.

7. Reversal of capital expense of that ratio is even vague. The statutory allocation to NASS is a whopping 9%, go figure. In addition, our debt servicing, though recurring, is 11%. Therefore, the real recurring has been slashed to 52%. Now that we've set that aside, unfortunately, the president doesn't have FULL autonomy over the budget. If you want something slashed further, NOW IS THE TIME TO PETITION YOU NASS REP AHEAD OF THE 2013 BUDGET SHOWDOWN.

In other words, it's impossible to achieve ALL of these in one year even if we had the "PERFECT SYSTEM". How can you hold a man accountable for years of decay in the system. While I'm not exonerating GEJ, at the same time, EVERY LEADER in Nigeria has contributed, minutely or largely to what's destroying Nigeria. Holding one person accountable and expecting him to wave the magic wand and perform miracle is plain vague and forgive me (foo*lish).

Therefore, the moment you're true to yourself and acknowledge the challenges we all face, the better for you. There's a strong underlining bias AND prejudice towards this so-called truce; the goals aren't SMART, therefore, your goals are hereby REVOKED

The first person on the other side to attempt (attempt is used strongly here) a coherent response. The rest are just foaming in the mouth.

How dare anyone expect governance from government? So what exactly is the point of government then? Government for the sake of having government?

Here is my response:

1. Prosecuting within a year is very reasonable. Prosecuting means the cases are making some progress through the court system. There are complex cases that take more than a year to prosecute, but usually that would mean that there is no evidence, and the prosecution is in the gathering process. From all reliable sources, the evidence is clear cut in this cases.

2. Yes...exactly. The workers are supposed to be on the federal roads working right now as we speak. With floodlights, sef. It's not my fault if the modalities and allocations for this level of work is not in place presently. Dude had over a year to prepare for his presidency. What exactly was his action plan for the roads?

3. Prof Barth Nnaji is not saying anything different from what we have been hearing from ineffective past power ministers. 4,000 mega watts, 10,00 mega watts. Mega whatever. I ask again, a year has passed in this presidency. Did he not prepare for the office? By now the private sector should have been in the process of taking over this albatross so we can see changes by next year.

4. In a developing nation, creating employment is relatively easy compared to a developed economy. Massive public works on the federal roads could employ more than 500,000 nigerians directly and indirectly. That is one way. Taking an interest in increasing access and speed on the internet will boost the economy and employment greatly. Building a railway line from east to western nigeria alone could add another 500,000 jobs. The places to create the jobs in a developing economy are endless.

5. What major steps have been taken to create a counter terrorism and anti kidnapping agency? a professional agency tasked with handling this menace? Are we restructuring the police force? Does the police force not need restructuring? Do you know how many white papers have been developed on this issue without implementation? We have another commitee now tasked with the same job the one before it was tasked with.

6. Thanks for agreeing on the one hand. On the other hand, the president has to sometimes take the moral ground and do things that do not endear him to political associates. Those are the things that endears the president to the people.

7. Same answer as in 6 above. Side with the masses and put the heat on the political jobbers. Its a brave thing to do and you will lose some friends, but thats why you are a leader.

For those who are livid at my audacity to ask more from my government, you all go phuck yourselves.

1 Like

Re: A Truce Between Pro And Anti Goodluck Jonathan On Nairaland by Beaf: 4:09pm On Jul 08, 2012
^
And phuck you too. Lame brain.
Re: A Truce Between Pro And Anti Goodluck Jonathan On Nairaland by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jul 08, 2012
who wants a truce with these scum who are only interested in their place in the status quo?

90% of these gej supporters were with us lambasting te govt when yardua was alive.

now they tell us gej's sheet is ambrosia

was there a call for a truce when the opposoition stood up to get the drinkard out of the kitchen? or when nigerians stood up to abacha?

allow these animals to have their day in the sun. Daniel kanu and co did back in the day.
Re: A Truce Between Pro And Anti Goodluck Jonathan On Nairaland by Beaf: 4:26pm On Jul 08, 2012
^
Lol! NL's village id!ot and yellow eyed [size=46pt]loser.[/size]
Re: A Truce Between Pro And Anti Goodluck Jonathan On Nairaland by manny4life(m): 4:52pm On Jul 08, 2012
ypzilanti:

The first person on the other side to attempt (attempt is used strongly here) a coherent response. The rest are just foaming in the mouth.

How dare anyone expect governance from government? So what exactly is the point of government then? Government for the sake of having government?

Here is my response:

Well, I'm glad I disputed some of the things you have written, neither do I require your approval whether it's strong or not; nevertheless, government is not for the sake of having one, it's the people, for the people and by the people. You have to believe in it, AND speak out if need be, but spreading false rumors and lies and then call on govt is WRONG.

1. Prosecuting within a year is very reasonable. Prosecuting means the cases are making some progress through the court system. There are complex cases that take more than a year to prosecute, but usually that would mean that there is no evidence, and the prosecution is in the gathering process. From all reliable sources, the evidence is clear cut in this cases.

(I) Really? Under what circumstance? So you do understand that prosecution is the legal process of bring a criminal to trial? Prosecuting a complex case within a year is unreasonable and VERY IMPOSSIBLE. There has been muddled issues as well as complex crime from NASS to CBN to Finance Ministry to Oil marketers to Audit Companies, and the list is endless. So in you miracle magic wand, you will gather thousands of information, files, documents, manual/electronic transactions, depositions, etc within a year and prosecute tons of them within a year? We've not even factored in the outcome of the opposition and how they stall the process. You've not told yourself the truth.

(II) Need I remind you that our judiciary framework is corrupt, one-sided and literally DEAD. How can you prosecute where it's more than likely that our judicial judges are biased, paranoid, corrupt, etc. The judicial system of Nigeria CAN NEVER deliver justice to the people, is that the system you rely on for a "ONE YEAR" prosecution?

(III) What is "clear cut" in the oil subsidy case? Are you really kidding me? Has the EFCC completed their investigation? NO. The so-called investigation NASS performed, is nothing beyond THRASH and can't be relied on in a competent court of law. So what evidence do you speak of? The subsidy saga started back in March if I'm correct, the investigation process has begun, after that process is finished and certified, then let the DA do his/her job.

2. Yes...exactly. The workers are supposed to be on the federal roads working right now as we speak. With floodlights, sef. It's not my fault if the modalities and allocations for this level of work is not in place presently. Dude had over a year to prepare for his presidency. What exactly was his action plan for the roads?

WOW, your logic is undeniable... damn. embarassed embarassed embarassed

You mean workers like yourself working, right? No one is saying whether it's yours or my fault, what I'm arguing is that if you expect "ALL" or even "MAJORITY" of all federal roads that has been crying for help for as long as earth was created to be constructed within one year, you're attempt at sarcasm is FLAWED. Going by your logic, if past governments had exercised your logic, we won't have major infrastructure deficit we have now, or would we? undecided undecided

3. Prof Barth Nnaji is not saying anything different from what we have been hearing from ineffective past power ministers. 4,000 mega watts, 10,00 mega watts. Mega whatever. I ask again, a year has passed in this presidency. Did he not prepare for the office? By now the private sector should have been in the process of taking over this albatross so we can see changes by next year.

(I) Well, I think because you mind is biased and made up, nothing good will come out of Egypt. The problem with most of you critic is that YOU TALK but NEVER LISTEN. I listened to Prof Nnaji, and the man is making strides that your past minsters had not been doing. How do you expect to turnaround generating plants that's been terrible over 10/15/20yrs?

(II) Yet he came in, performed short term Turn Around Maintenance, increased output, and his long term goals are SMART, and to the point. Under him, PHCN was broken down into different units, now in the process of getting eliminated to encourage private investment. Under him, you would have the largest electricity bulk trader in Africa where companies buy/sell large electricity. You want miracles, hold NASS responsible to further the final legislative requirement that will put PHCN to hell and give room for private takeover. You know what, I believe in him; he's one minister I believe in. Sorry if you don't. grin grin grin

4. In a developing nation, creating employment is relatively easy compared to a developed economy. Massive public works on the federal roads could employ more than 500,000 Nigerians directly and indirectly. That is one way. Taking an interest in increasing access and speed on the internet will boost the economy and employment greatly. Building a railway line from east to western nigeria alone could add another 500,000 jobs. The places to create the jobs in a developing economy are endless.

(I) You're not saying the truth to yourself. Massive public works? Are yous serious? What level of "MASSIVE" are we talking about? Building a 1,000 mile bridge or underground? How many roads? Please before you exaggerate, please it's important to put calculations together. Even if you had 200 road projects, you're convincing me that each project will employ about 2,000 people.

(II) One thing I like about critics is that they love to throw figure around, but the moment you challenge their figures, it's found wanting. You talk about rail-line, NO RAIL LINE construction will employ about 10,000 let alone 50,000, then 100,000 not to talk about 500,000... like seriously? In any economy, the FG does not create jobs through "MASSIVE" public works like you state, but the majority jobs are created by employers in the PRIVATE SECTOR.

(III) That is why I said, while you're holding him accountable, DO NOT FORGET, to hold your governors, NASS, and even municipal leaders as well. These are the key driving factors for creating jobs. If Lagos is hostile to businesses and want to hurt businesses with excessive taxes, Lagos will loose the small companies and they will find alternatives to other states. But if business comes in, for every "ONE direct employment" yields "5 indirect employment".

5. What major steps have been taken to create a counter terrorism and anti kidnapping agency? a professional agency tasked with handling this menace? Are we restructuring the police force? Does the police force not need restructuring? Do you know how many white papers have been developed on this issue without implementation? We have another commitee now tasked with the same job the one before it was tasked with.

It's not in my place to say "What major steps have been taken to create a counter terrorism and anti kidnapping agency". What I do know is that terrorism is not something that can be removed in a day or immediately. While I believe the PF needs restructuring, but some people have testified that there's been changes in the force lately. Remember, DO NOT BLAME the man for a decay that's been there for a minute. Well, security is very important, although I do acknowledge that certain things MUST be in place even if we need foreign assistance to weed out the bad eggs.

7. Same answer as in 6 above. Side with the masses and put the heat on the political jobbers. Its a brave thing to do and you will lose some friends, but thats why you are a leader.

Yes, he's been siding with the masses, unfortunately, the media doesn't show the good cause of the president neither are the reaction of the people something to go by. Regardless of how much he sides, the power of the budget is in NASS. The president may agree or disagree, but NASS will decide what's or what not Like I said, if people want changes, NOW IS THE TIME, talk to your NASS reps to seek changes. The President can only do so much.

Therefore, I will conclude that, though we may agree, it's imperative to NOTE

1. GEJ is surely doing his best and will continue to do his best, NEVERTHELESS, if we're to point accusing fingers, let's go back to the inception of 1999. Perhaps, that may start the healing process of many.

2. Finally, people are entitled to their opinion, GEJ may not be the best, the expectation of many may be cut short. However, he still has time to prove himself and if for anything, I think few of his ministers have really impacted somewhat. I make no9 excuses, however, other than the security lapses, I think GEJ is doing ok on other parts of his job.
Re: A Truce Between Pro And Anti Goodluck Jonathan On Nairaland by isalegan2: 1:45am On Jul 09, 2012
stiyke: In a war situation, the first to seek truce is often suffering heavy losses and in need of restrategizing. They maybe running out of ammo.

lol. That's when you go in for the kill! No retreat no surrender! Truce ko. cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVqFY-TP54o

Funny NLers. grin
Re: A Truce Between Pro And Anti Goodluck Jonathan On Nairaland by ypzilanti: 9:42am On Jul 09, 2012
manny4life:

Well, I'm glad I disputed some of the things you have written, neither do I require your approval whether it's strong or not; nevertheless, government is not for the sake of having one, it's the people, for the people and by the people. You have to believe in it, AND speak out if need be, but spreading false rumors and lies and then call on govt is WRONG.

(I) Really? Under what circumstance? So you do understand that prosecution is the legal process of bring a criminal to trial? Prosecuting a complex case within a year is unreasonable and VERY IMPOSSIBLE. There has been muddled issues as well as complex crime from NASS to CBN to Finance Ministry to Oil marketers to Audit Companies, and the list is endless. So in you miracle magic wand, you will gather thousands of information, files, documents, manual/electronic transactions, depositions, etc within a year and prosecute tons of them within a year? We've not even factored in the outcome of the opposition and how they stall the process. You've not told yourself the truth.

(II) Need I remind you that our judiciary framework is corrupt, one-sided and literally DEAD. How can you prosecute where it's more than likely that our judicial judges are biased, paranoid, corrupt, etc. The judicial system of Nigeria CAN NEVER deliver justice to the people, is that the system you rely on for a "ONE YEAR" prosecution?

(III) What is "clear cut" in the oil subsidy case? Are you really kidding me? Has the EFCC completed their investigation? NO. The so-called investigation NASS performed, is nothing beyond THRASH and can't be relied on in a competent court of law. So what evidence do you speak of? The subsidy saga started back in March if I'm correct, the investigation process has begun, after that process is finished and certified, then let the DA do his/her job.

WOW, your logic is undeniable... damn. embarassed embarassed embarassed

You mean workers like yourself working, right? No one is saying whether it's yours or my fault, what I'm arguing is that if you expect "ALL" or even "MAJORITY" of all federal roads that has been crying for help for as long as earth was created to be constructed within one year, you're attempt at sarcasm is FLAWED. Going by your logic, if past governments had exercised your logic, we won't have major infrastructure deficit we have now, or would we? undecided undecided

(I) Well, I think because you mind is biased and made up, nothing good will come out of Egypt. The problem with most of you critic is that YOU TALK but NEVER LISTEN. I listened to Prof Nnaji, and the man is making strides that your past minsters had not been doing. How do you expect to turnaround generating plants that's been terrible over 10/15/20yrs?

(II) Yet he came in, performed short term Turn Around Maintenance, increased output, and his long term goals are SMART, and to the point. Under him, PHCN was broken down into different units, now in the process of getting eliminated to encourage private investment. Under him, you would have the largest electricity bulk trader in Africa where companies buy/sell large electricity. You want miracles, hold NASS responsible to further the final legislative requirement that will put PHCN to hell and give room for private takeover. You know what, I believe in him; he's one minister I believe in. Sorry if you don't. grin grin grin

(I) You're not saying the truth to yourself. Massive public works? Are yous serious? What level of "MASSIVE" are we talking about? Building a 1,000 mile bridge or underground? How many roads? Please before you exaggerate, please it's important to put calculations together. Even if you had 200 road projects, you're convincing me that each project will employ about 2,000 people.

(II) One thing I like about critics is that they love to throw figure around, but the moment you challenge their figures, it's found wanting. You talk about rail-line, NO RAIL LINE construction will employ about 10,000 let alone 50,000, then 100,000 not to talk about 500,000... like seriously? In any economy, the FG does not create jobs through "MASSIVE" public works like you state, but the majority jobs are created by employers in the PRIVATE SECTOR.

(III) That is why I said, while you're holding him accountable, DO NOT FORGET, to hold your governors, NASS, and even municipal leaders as well. These are the key driving factors for creating jobs. If Lagos is hostile to businesses and want to hurt businesses with excessive taxes, Lagos will loose the small companies and they will find alternatives to other states. But if business comes in, for every "ONE direct employment" yields "5 indirect employment".

It's not in my place to say "What major steps have been taken to create a counter terrorism and anti kidnapping agency". What I do know is that terrorism is not something that can be removed in a day or immediately. While I believe the PF needs restructuring, but some people have testified that there's been changes in the force lately. Remember, DO NOT BLAME the man for a decay that's been there for a minute. Well, security is very important, although I do acknowledge that certain things MUST be in place even if we need foreign assistance to weed out the bad eggs.

Yes, he's been siding with the masses, unfortunately, the media doesn't show the good cause of the president neither are the reaction of the people something to go by. Regardless of how much he sides, the power of the budget is in NASS. The president may agree or disagree, but NASS will decide what's or what not Like I said, if people want changes, NOW IS THE TIME, talk to your NASS reps to seek changes. The President can only do so much.

Therefore, I will conclude that, though we may agree, it's imperative to NOTE

1. GEJ is surely doing his best and will continue to do his best, NEVERTHELESS, if we're to point accusing fingers, let's go back to the inception of 1999. Perhaps, that may start the healing process of many.

2. Finally, people are entitled to their opinion, GEJ may not be the best, the expectation of many may be cut short. However, he still has time to prove himself and if for anything, I think few of his ministers have really impacted somewhat. I make no9 excuses, however, other than the security lapses, I think GEJ is doing ok on other parts of his job.

Another storm brewing in Jos. We have several commission reports and no action. Same with police reform reports...no action. Subsidy report...no action.

No action government with excuses and promises.

The day a serious president comes on board in Nigeria, you will feel the impact the same way residents of states with serious governors feel the impact.

Of course the governor will not walk to your house and offer you a job, but you will experience the impact in terms of better amenities and seeing your neighbours progress if not yours.

I insist that it is relatively easy to add jobs in a developing nation by government action alone. Rapid infrastructural development of Nigeria is enough to provide 1.5 million jobs. Road rail and bridge construction. It all depends on the scale. I am not speaking as a novice but as a person with several advanced degrees in the area of development economics and governance.

Let me break it down for you:

If you reverse the current 70:30 ratio of recurrent to capital expenditure and block government wastage, you will have enough money to resurface all federal roads in Nigeria. Think of direct employment of labourers, engineers and technicians. Think of increase bitumen production and the employment this will generate in those factories. Think of the transportation sector supplying the equipment and raw materials for this massive overhaul of the road sector.

Increasing internet access, connectivity and payment systems in Nigeria will boost start up entrepreneurs and attract foreign internet multinationals into the country. The ones already here will employ more people. Google, facebook, amazon etc.

Food packaging and preservation, nko? Do you know how many tonnes of oranges mangoes and co spoil each year? Are we not supposed to be producing concentrate of these products in Nigeria? What is the government incentive and direction in this regards?

I can mention at least 4 governors in Nigeria that would manage Nigeria better than the guy there now. If you want to be honest with yourself, you can mention them too.The president is not displaying the political will, ability, or sophistication required for the job.

You elected a simple man for a complex job.

In the area of power, there have been some movement by the professor. Check my previous posts. I have said it before that the only likely place for improvement under this presidency is in Power. I follow these things so I know what I am talking about. I have given up hope on his ability to solve security and infrastructural, and corruption issues. His only hope to redeem his presidency at the moment is power, but if he is not careful, he will lose that too. Given our previous horrible presidencies, maybe a win in power will suffice for a battered and bruised people. I however am looking for a president in the mold of Mahatir Mohamed of malaysia, lee kwan yei of Singapore, or even Paul Kagame of Rwanda. Or is Nigeria's problem more than what Kagame inherited in Rwanda? Stop the excuses, jare.
Re: A Truce Between Pro And Anti Goodluck Jonathan On Nairaland by uzomagic(m): 10:21am On Jul 09, 2012
egift:

Signed

But don't hold your breath...a man that have been in Government Houses since 1999 (13yrs) without any POSITIVE landmark to his name.
"A man that have been........" grin. But seriously,, his achievements are visible in every sector. All the Zaria-Funtua-Gusau roads, Oshodi-Apapa with expansion and drainage works, dedicated bridge frm liverpool roundabout to Tin can ports, trailer park, Dualisation of Ibadan -Ilorin, ENUGU-Onitsha, completion of OWERRI -Onitsha, 9th mile, ongoing reconstruction of Benin-Ore-Sagamu highway measuring over 265 km, Kano-Maidugri Dualisation. Keffi -Akwanga-Lafia, award of Afikpo-Okigwe, Auchi-Okene being handled by Setraco. Loko-Eweta-Karishi bridge, Kolo-Nembe -Brass to mention but a few.
In Transport, massive reforms at the ports. Sanitisation and reduction of operating agencies to 7. Introduction of 24 hrs ports operation. Ongoing Construction of light gauge train railways across t4 cardinal point of the federation

OIn Aviation, massive reconstruction of major airports in the land, Enugu airport is undergoing total rehabilitation. The domestic wing of Abuja airport is also being reconstructed with expansion of roads and car parks. Same fr the international wing and the kano airports

In Education, establishment of 9 new federal universities in less than 1 year. Constructed 2 new campuses of the Nigerian law schools in Yenagoa and Yola respectively. Launched the Almajiri schools for education of itenerant Islamic pupils in the north wFhich Buhari and other northern leaders abandoned. Increased funding to almost 400 billion to education thereby setting an all time highest record. Reinvigorated the inspectorate oversight of schools leading to the revocation of some licenses from universities. Executed the landmark upgrade of university lecturers retirement age from 65 to 70.
Re: A Truce Between Pro And Anti Goodluck Jonathan On Nairaland by aljharem(m): 10:30am On Jul 09, 2012
ermmmmm Bella, [size=14pt]that is wrong. Stop telling people about alpha and beta chemicals for pure water.

I am sure that Beta chemical has a name.

As far as I am concern, the only purifying agent in Nigeria pure water is chlorine because it coagulate small particles, kill bacteria through osmosic pressure and also give the water some ions needed as a counter ion.

Fu,cking hell, the sort of lies this website recieves from proGEJ is so stu.pid and annoying.

Oya tell the this "Beta chemical"

maybe you are talking of flocculation, and there is no Beta chemical involved.[/size]
Re: A Truce Between Pro And Anti Goodluck Jonathan On Nairaland by aljharem(m): 10:33am On Jul 09, 2012
The last time I checked, chlorine is one of the cheapest chemicals. It is so cheap it is used in high quantity in bleach and co.

Bella please explain to us what chemical and how has it increased the purity from the previous chemical.
Re: A Truce Between Pro And Anti Goodluck Jonathan On Nairaland by Eziachi: 11:41am On Jul 09, 2012
I can heartily say that I am neither anti or pro of any politician and Goodluck Jonathan is of no exception and Nigeria will be the last place I will even think of supporting any politician no matter where they come from. The opium to a longer and peaceful life, I had been thought from childhood is to say things the way you see it, not the way you see fit and tell the truth at all times irrespective of how it will be received.

Someone under this thread made some statement that Nigerians hates all their leaders as part of their way of life. I had to say that is not actually the truth. Nigerian crooked politicians don't know how lucky they are to be ruling a country as apathetic as Nigeria where you can do all you like and no one will bath an eye lid. So you can say that Nigeria from day one are blessed with nonentities as leaders, and one thing you are guaranteed with them is that a new one will be far worse that the one he succeeded.

I had doubt about Jonathan right from his days as deputy governor of Bayelsa. That he is an "oh yes" kind of person, who is quite comfortable and happy that he has found himself among the big guys (Owners of Nigeria). You see people like him right from your days at school, at work and in business and they are called the boy-boy of the establishment. As long as they are okay and belong, they are okay. They say little but dangerous in private.

Only a fool will expect Jonathan to solve all the problem of Nigeria even if he is given a whole 30 years, but if he makes a start with one single issue and succeed in it, I will not complain, but the fact that he in power, just for being there and he is neither cold or hot but rather like a look warm tea in the mouth, very unpleasant.
Another of Nigeria emergency and unprepared for leadership rulers, every single ruler of Nigeria from day one had always been accidental and few other that wanted it and prepared for it, irrespective of their flawed personal characters were never allowed. Azikiwe, Awolowo, Olu Falea, Abiola, Maitama Sule are few Nigerians that wanted leadership than been begged to be one but for some accidents of history never gets it. Today, Buhari is another guy that wants it but you and I knew he has more chance of winning American Idol than getting it and the trend continues after Jonathan.

Why can't Jonathan hug and ally himself to the masses that are looking for a real leader and discard all the crocodiles around him? What has he got to lose? Nigerians are crying out for a real man leader who will be on their side once for a change, but every sign has shown that Jonathan is not the man.

He loves the statu quo, the opulence and extravagance you expect from a normal Nigeria leader and embrace it with an open arm.
Those that had been on this forum few years back could remember when I use to be called Mr Biafra as I was the sole voice then telling guys here that Nigeria was designed to fail from the start and no amount patch up will ever fix Nigeria.
And any time spent doing so is a time that could have been used to start building new nations out of it.

But events in the last few months has made people to change their tone and ways of thinking, especially those of Yoruba leaning, who use to see the word Biafra/Ojukwu as unpalatable goose. How I wish that Jonathan will man up and give everybody the right either to continue in this charade called Nigeria or not and write his name in the stone of history. Its a single act that can wipe out Boko Haram and other problems out in an instant.
But he has got the will, boldness, gut and intelligent to even think about it, let alone do it.
Re: A Truce Between Pro And Anti Goodluck Jonathan On Nairaland by pcicero(m): 11:45am On Jul 09, 2012
Eziachi: I can heartily say that I am neither anti or pro of any politician and Goodluck Jonathan is of no exception and Nigeria will be the last place I will even think of supporting any politician no matter where they come from. The opium to a longer and peaceful life, I had been thought from childhood is to say things the way you see it, not the way you see fit and tell the truth at all times irrespective of how it will be received.

Someone under this thread made some statement that Nigerians hates all their leaders as part of their way of life. I had to say that is not actually the truth. Nigerian crooked politicians don't know how lucky they are to be ruling a country as apathetic as Nigeria where you can do all you like and no one will bath an eye lid. So you can say that Nigeria from day one are blessed with nonentities as leaders, and one thing you are guaranteed with them is that a new one will be far worse that the one he succeeded.

I had doubt about Jonathan right from his days as deputy governor of Bayelsa. That he is an "oh yes" kind of person, who is quite comfortable and happy that he has found himself among the big guys (Owners of Nigeria). You see people like him right from your days at school, at work and in business and they are called the boy-boy of the establishment. As long as they are okay and belong, they are okay. They say little but dangerous in private.

Only a fool will expect Jonathan to solve all the problem of Nigeria even if he is given a whole 30 years, but if he makes a start with one single issue and succeed in it, I will not complain, but the fact that he in power, just for being there and he is neither cold or hot but rather like a look warm tea in the mouth, very unpleasant.
Another of Nigeria emergency and unprepared for leadership rulers, every single ruler of Nigeria from day one had always been accidental and few other that wanted it and prepared for it, irrespective of their flawed personal characters were never allowed. Azikiwe, Awolowo, Olu Falea, Abiola, Maitama Sule are few Nigerians that wanted leadership than been begged to be one but for some accidents of history never gets it. Today, Buhari is another guy that wants it but you and I knew he has more chance of winning American Idol than getting it and the trend continues after Jonathan.

Why can't Jonathan hug and ally himself to the masses that are looking for a real leader and discard all the crocodiles around him? What has he got to lose? Nigerians are crying out for a real man leader who will be on their side once for a change, but every sign has shown that Jonathan is not the man.

He loves the statu quo, the opulence and extravagance you expect from a normal Nigeria leader and embrace it with an open arm.
Those that had been on this forum few years back could remember when I use to be called Mr Biafra as I was the sole voice then telling guys here that Nigeria was designed to fail from the start and no amount patch up will ever fix Nigeria.
And any time spent doing so is a time that could have been used to start building new nations out of it.

But events in the last few months has made people to change their tone and ways of thinking, especially those of Yoruba leaning, who use to see the word Biafra/Ojukwu as unpalatable goose. How I wish that Jonathan will man up and give everybody the right either to continue in this charade called Nigeria or not and write his name in the stone of history. Its a single act that can wipe out Boko Haram and other problems out in an instant.
But he has got the will, boldness, gut and intelligent to even think about it, let alone do it.

A Daniel has come to judgement. God bless you brother!
Re: A Truce Between Pro And Anti Goodluck Jonathan On Nairaland by jmaine: 11:46am On Jul 09, 2012
alj harem: ermmmmm Bella, [size=14pt]that is wrong. Stop telling people about alpha and beta chemicals for pure water.

As far as I am concern, the only purifying agent in Nigeria pure water is chlorine because it coagulate small particles, kill bacteria through osmosic pressure and also give the water some ions needed as a counter ion.

Fu,cking hell, the sort of lies this website recieves from proGEJ is so stu.pid and annoying.

maybe you are talking of flocculation, and there is no Beta chemical involved.[/size]

She is not a Pro GEJ sir . . . . Yes, Chlorine is the traditional element utiiized in water purification and it has being effective for years . . .but that shouldn't dispel the fact that they could be an entrant of a more environmentally friendly element or compound to do the same job

Muringa Oleifera is a potent medicinal plant with amazing water purification ability, and it's being considered as a better option than chlorine cos it is natural, easily degradable and more eco friendly.

That said, i still believe the increase in pump prize of petrol resulted to the increase in sachet water . .but that should not make us discard what she said, as overtly incorrect and untrue . .Do you work in NAFDAC Sir ?
Re: A Truce Between Pro And Anti Goodluck Jonathan On Nairaland by Bella3(f): 11:32pm On Jul 10, 2012
alj harem: ermmmmm Bella, [size=14pt]that is wrong. Stop telling people about alpha and beta chemicals for pure water.

so it is only chlorine dat's used?
Btw antiGEJ supporters hw much dem dey pay una? Gej is going bankrupt. But buhari, el rufia, ibb, they have notin to lose.
Eeeeediioot
Re: A Truce Between Pro And Anti Goodluck Jonathan On Nairaland by Bella3(f): 11:32pm On Jul 10, 2012

so it is only chlorine dat's used?
Btw antiGEJ supporters hw much dem dey pay una? Gej is going bankrupt. But buhari, el rufia, ibb, they have notin to lose.
Mtseeeeeew

(1) (2) (Reply)

Babangida, Otedola, Elumelu Win Bids For Nigeria’s Power Plants ( Same Poo ) / Nigerian Man Survives 3 Days Under Water / I Changed My Mind, Jona Must Go!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 173
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.