Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,341 members, 7,811,991 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:12 AM

Deadly Encounter Between Pro-biafra And JTF In Onitsha (graphic Photo) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Deadly Encounter Between Pro-biafra And JTF In Onitsha (graphic Photo) (3968 Views)

Great Clash Between Pro Biafra Activities In Onitsha And The Nigeria Army / Faces Of Boko Haram Terrorists Captured By Civilian JTF In Borno. Pics / Lawan Jafar: First Man To Inspire The Rise Of Civilian JTF In Borno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Deadly Encounter Between Pro-biafra And JTF In Onitsha (graphic Photo) by sugarbelly1: 4:47am On Dec 18, 2015
Following the release of Biafra leader,Nnamdi Kanu, persons were, yesterday, shot dead at the Niger Bridge Head, while seven others sustained varying degrees of injuries when members of the Indigenous people of Biafra, IPOB, and Movement for the Actualization of Sovereign State of Biafra, MASSOB, clashed with Joint Task Force, JTF, comprising the Army and the Police, which mounted road block at the Niger Head Bridge.

Four of the victims shot dead were members of both IPOB and MASSOB, while one person is said to be a soldier, who was grabbed by the mob, angry with the way soldiers opened fire on the jubilating crowd that included non pro-Biafra agitators, and fell four of them before they ran for their lives, leaving the victims behind.

All the markets around the Niger Bridge Head, including the Bridge Head Market, Onitsha Patent and Propitiatory Medicine Dealers Market (Ogbo Ogwu Market) and other markets located around the bridge, including Abada Market were quickly shut down, following sporadic shooting by the military to scare the jubilant crowd away.

Meanwhile, according to an eye-witness at the Onitsha Head Bridge, who was coming from Asaba end of the bridge, the Biafra agitators were said to be marching on the road near the River Niger Bridge, chanting solidarity songs in jubilation for the release of Nnamdi Kanu, and were accosted by the soldiers, who ordered them to go back, and disagreements ensued before the soldiers allegedly opened fire on them.
Another version of the story had it that, the pro-Biafra agitators and those sympathetic to their cause, were jubilating, singing and dancing near the bridge and in annoyance, the soldiers, who had been guiding the bridge since the last shooting, during which unarmed nine protesters were killed and 18 others injured, opened fire on them, gunning down four.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/12/ipob-massob-clash-with-jtf-in-onitsha-5-killed-7-injured/

mynd44, lalasticlala

Re: Deadly Encounter Between Pro-biafra And JTF In Onitsha (graphic Photo) by sugarbelly1: 4:47am On Dec 18, 2015
sad shocked
Re: Deadly Encounter Between Pro-biafra And JTF In Onitsha (graphic Photo) by kennethchidi(m): 4:56am On Dec 18, 2015
Toh!
Guns dont kill people;people kill people,.............and ds days,soldiers meant to protect the country and its nationals kill people! I wonder what happened to the rule of engagement.
God bless the souls of the departed.
God help our country.

The person above me,y u go open thread and dey hustle for first to comment? *o ga o* undecided

1 Like

Re: Deadly Encounter Between Pro-biafra And JTF In Onitsha (graphic Photo) by dahmie2013: 5:13am On Dec 18, 2015
Seems dis biafra ppl don't get it! U eida choose 2 leave in peace or in pieces. No time 4 nonsense!

7 Likes

Re: Deadly Encounter Between Pro-biafra And JTF In Onitsha (graphic Photo) by gentledavid(m): 5:18am On Dec 18, 2015
Enough of the killings already,the year is coming to an end and my we all see thw new year IJN....amen
Re: Deadly Encounter Between Pro-biafra And JTF In Onitsha (graphic Photo) by bewla(m): 5:33am On Dec 18, 2015
kennethchidi:
Toh!
Guns dont kill people;people kill people,.............and ds days,soldiers meant to protect the country and its nationals kill people! I wonder what happened to the rule of engagement.
God bless the souls of the departed.
God help our country.

The person above me,y u go open thread and dey hustle for first to comment? *o ga o* undecided
Ask again
Re: Deadly Encounter Between Pro-biafra And JTF In Onitsha (graphic Photo) by mensdept: 5:36am On Dec 18, 2015
gentledavid:
Enough of the killings already,the year is coming to an end and my we all see thw new year IJN....amen

IJN and you have concluded
Re: Deadly Encounter Between Pro-biafra And JTF In Onitsha (graphic Photo) by Old2020: 5:36am On Dec 18, 2015
I cannot understand why this news cannot make front page? Yet you waste no time moving the four shiites that were killed to front page....https://www.nairaland.com/2808300/photos-four-siblings-killed-zaria. To the mods ...Do you have conscience at all? Are you human? What kind of hate is in you? Yet you are very quick to criticize them when they want out of Nigeria...It's because of blatant evil like this that they want out.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/12/ipob-massob-clash-with-jtf-in-onitsha-5-killed-7-injured/

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Deadly Encounter Between Pro-biafra And JTF In Onitsha (graphic Photo) by Demmocrats(m): 5:39am On Dec 18, 2015
When JTF sees Boko boys they shit there pants, showing trigger happy to unarmed civilians.

6 Likes

Re: Deadly Encounter Between Pro-biafra And JTF In Onitsha (graphic Photo) by krall69: 5:39am On Dec 18, 2015
I am tired of this country angry who knows where they sell guns?

2 Likes

Re: Deadly Encounter Between Pro-biafra And JTF In Onitsha (graphic Photo) by MuamarGaddaffi: 6:08am On Dec 18, 2015
Hmmmmm, Buhari killing Nigerians (shite and Biafra) since may 29 2015.

7 Likes

Re: Deadly Encounter Between Pro-biafra And JTF In Onitsha (graphic Photo) by xreal: 6:10am On Dec 18, 2015
^^^^^
the poster above me thinks my President will take sides/ be partial.

Irrespective of region and religion, if you misbehave, you will be fired. grin

4 Likes

Re: Deadly Encounter Between Pro-biafra And JTF In Onitsha (graphic Photo) by Artless360(m): 6:10am On Dec 18, 2015
Na wa life no gt value again o hmm
Re: Deadly Encounter Between Pro-biafra And JTF In Onitsha (graphic Photo) by Ayt27(m): 6:10am On Dec 18, 2015
Old2020:
I cannot understand why this news cannot make front page? Yet you waste no time moving the four shiites that were killed to front page....https://www.nairaland.com/2808300/photos-four-siblings-killed-zaria. To the mods ...Do you have conscience at all? Are you human? What kind of hate is in you? Yet you are very quick to criticize them when they want out of Nigeria...It's because of blatant evil like this that they want out.

Calm down nah bro, hin go reach fp. The thread was created around 4am, mods no go sleep.

1 Like

Re: Deadly Encounter Between Pro-biafra And JTF In Onitsha (graphic Photo) by efilefun(m): 6:14am On Dec 18, 2015
Seems this people dont value their lives. They should keep tempting soldiers who have no joy

2 Likes

Re: Deadly Encounter Between Pro-biafra And JTF In Onitsha (graphic Photo) by efilefun(m): 6:17am On Dec 18, 2015
Old2020:

Lol so you no wan make mods sleep Abegii park well make day break

3 Likes

Re: Deadly Encounter Between Pro-biafra And JTF In Onitsha (graphic Photo) by fr3do(m): 6:18am On Dec 18, 2015
these soldiers and policemen are demonic
they should be careful, the rise of an Igbo militia wont be funny.

1 Like

Re: Deadly Encounter Between Pro-biafra And JTF In Onitsha (graphic Photo) by onojiwizardgmailcom(m): 6:30am On Dec 18, 2015
xreal:
^^^^^
the poster above me thinks my President will take sides/ be partial.

Irrespective of region and religion, if you misbehave, you will be fired. grin
If this had happened under GEJ's government, I believe you will not say what you are saying now, you would have been screaming heaven and hell. When will Nigerians grow up to realize that democracy is not dictatorship and that in democracy what is best is dialog not use of force. I believe if the person in the picture above was your relation or tribe you will not spew what you spewed here. great nations are not built by force, there are built through dialog, in which all parties involved get a little of what they want. Try thinking always, if that was me how will I feel, then your humanity will help you reason well.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deadly Encounter Between Pro-biafra And JTF In Onitsha (graphic Photo) by Nobody: 6:35am On Dec 18, 2015
Yanga dey sleep oo.
Re: Deadly Encounter Between Pro-biafra And JTF In Onitsha (graphic Photo) by palladin: 6:43am On Dec 18, 2015
Ipod ppl no dey listen.

Well, they should know it's not because they are ibos, this is Nigeria. The other time when shites (muslims, North) messed up they were dealt with too.

You better sts home with your family and don't die a fools death.

#word-enough.

Dragnet, SHL, Workforce PQ & Answers are available on this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/2685888/myjob-mobile-app-android

1 Like

Re: Deadly Encounter Between Pro-biafra And JTF In Onitsha (graphic Photo) by Nobody: 6:44am On Dec 18, 2015
Shameless soldiers ... Bokoharam is killing them up north .. They can't engage bokoharam but will always open fire on unarmed civilian .

#star on their shoulder blood on their hand #AI

2 Likes

Re: Deadly Encounter Between Pro-biafra And JTF In Onitsha (graphic Photo) by Topestbilly(m): 6:49am On Dec 18, 2015
killing everywhere.
Re: Deadly Encounter Between Pro-biafra And JTF In Onitsha (graphic Photo) by TOSINSESI: 6:51am On Dec 18, 2015
Who do we blame for this heartless killings happening this days? It seems the Change Nigerians voted for is to divide the Nation...When Did our Soldiers start Shooting like Police undecided.......The Future of this Country is unclear.....
Re: Deadly Encounter Between Pro-biafra And JTF In Onitsha (graphic Photo) by Young03(m): 6:54am On Dec 18, 2015
only God can Judge us
Re: Deadly Encounter Between Pro-biafra And JTF In Onitsha (graphic Photo) by Nobody: 6:57am On Dec 18, 2015
Stop all these heartless killings........

1 Like

Re: Deadly Encounter Between Pro-biafra And JTF In Onitsha (graphic Photo) by biafranqueen: 7:08am On Dec 18, 2015
JTF left Boko Harem to come fight Biafrans?

1 Like

Re: Deadly Encounter Between Pro-biafra And JTF In Onitsha (graphic Photo) by BrainBoss(m): 7:25am On Dec 18, 2015
Here is the real Gist from a trader from Onitsha.

the IPOB/MASSOB members were indeed jubilating at bridge Head, Untill a particular man stepped out to dare the Soldiers at bridge Head. He adviced the others to stay behind and watch him perform. so, he dared the Army by starting to cross the Bridge on foot, knowing fully well, that the Army recently warned against that for security reasons. i heard he was on local charm "Odeshi", so when he came close to the Army, he started dragging a gun with one of the soldiers. this drew the attention of the others and they came running close to the soldiers, so the Army had to douse the tension, by shooting sporadically. unfortunately, some got hit by stray bullets hence the cause of some deaths.

Now you see, the Army was on a self defense.
Re: Deadly Encounter Between Pro-biafra And JTF In Onitsha (graphic Photo) by Babareho(m): 7:29am On Dec 18, 2015
Why all dis in this country na,let there be peace O lord | for more news visit www.adeatom..com

Re: Deadly Encounter Between Pro-biafra And JTF In Onitsha (graphic Photo) by Raiders: 7:30am On Dec 18, 2015
This IPOD people need to stop tempting the Nigeria army. We need peace not violence

1 Like

Re: Deadly Encounter Between Pro-biafra And JTF In Onitsha (graphic Photo) by Pidggin(f): 7:30am On Dec 18, 2015
All this is happening because our leader is not a man of wisdom

1 Like

(1) (2)

Tinubu Greeting His Hausa/fulani Tribal Leader, / Between Atiku Campaign Manager And Buhari Campaign Manager On Channel Tv / BREAKING: Speakership: Court Orders Substituted Service On Gbajabiamila Over US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.