Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,705 members, 7,816,888 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

What Makes A Man/woman Responsible - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Makes A Man/woman Responsible (11709 Views)

How Do You Know A Man/ Woman That Will Cheat? / What Makes A Child An Ajebo / What makes a man feel respected? For Mature Men Only!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Makes A Man/woman Responsible by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jul 07, 2012
let the truth be told. everyone is reponsible in one way and irresponsible in another.

1 Like

Re: What Makes A Man/woman Responsible by Edzy: 8:53pm On Jul 07, 2012
som1 who does nt violate the right of others.
Re: What Makes A Man/woman Responsible by NwaTeacher1: 8:54pm On Jul 07, 2012
From Naija perspective, if you have a rich pocket, ur responsible but if you have a leaking pocket, ur tout, fool, useless, worthless, irresponsible etc.
Re: What Makes A Man/woman Responsible by subtleb: 8:56pm On Jul 07, 2012
A responsible person is simply an individual dat act we he suppose to, and make or ready to make correction when he had to.
Re: What Makes A Man/woman Responsible by blackboi(m): 8:59pm On Jul 07, 2012
Saggin' is a major sign of irresponsibility in both men and women. I hate "saggers," esp. students
Re: What Makes A Man/woman Responsible by emmyitodo: 9:00pm On Jul 07, 2012
one can be judge to be responsible or otherwise by their actions and inactions.
The way a person dresses, talk, address and judge issues can go a long way to say whether they are responsible or not. it also applies to refusal to act when one is the capacity to avert an unfavorable situation. my tuppence worth though.
Re: What Makes A Man/woman Responsible by JojoArmani(m): 9:01pm On Jul 07, 2012
seunwen2: Omo na money ooooooooo if u no get money u be bastard
Laff wan kill me. Dis ur talk reminds me of my friend. Na so he believe.
Re: What Makes A Man/woman Responsible by yam: 9:01pm On Jul 07, 2012
crackhouse: A responsible man is a working class family man with kids and beautiful wife.

wat abt if he sleeps with his housemaid is he still responsible,mumu
Re: What Makes A Man/woman Responsible by Chiopatra: 9:02pm On Jul 07, 2012
Jabioro: Being a responsible fellow,has alot 2 do with,dressing,d way u talk,reactions,ur home as a man or woman,integrity,d way u take up matter,infact it has 2 do wt common reasonings and both home and public behaviour.
correct man!
Re: What Makes A Man/woman Responsible by Dvessel(m): 9:09pm On Jul 07, 2012
In 9ja ,absolutely not wat u wear makes u responsible. Afterall all our most dressed are full of scandals.,farouk,otedola,ibori, okotie etc. Modern day robery dey dress well. Being responsible is wen u render a selfless service. Not money or car,it doesnt matter d kind of car u drive,but how many persons u drove home wit d car.

2 Likes

Re: What Makes A Man/woman Responsible by ziccoit: 9:14pm On Jul 07, 2012
Ability to think before taking a leap and be ready to apologise when you go flout of social norms guiding inter and intrapersonal relationships and interactions and ensure a reasonable amount of redress to please others when you overstep your boundary.
Re: What Makes A Man/woman Responsible by Dvessel(m): 9:14pm On Jul 07, 2012
In 9ja ,absolutely not wat u wear makes u responsible. Afterall all our most dressed are full of scandals.,farouk,otedola,ibori, okotie etc. Modern day robery dey dress well. Being responsible is wen u render a selfless service. Not money nor car,it doesnt matter d kind of car u drive,but how many persons u drove home wit d car. Infact asawo nw dey get voice like angel, luk responsible..make una enter inside,den u go knw say ko si omoluabi la ara e(irresponsible)
Re: What Makes A Man/woman Responsible by nagoma(m): 9:18pm On Jul 07, 2012
If you consider others & respect their rights and take turns. I see most irresponsibility with motorists in Nigeria.
Re: What Makes A Man/woman Responsible by blackboi(m): 9:20pm On Jul 07, 2012
Minimum Requirement to be considered a responsible fella

*doin the right thing @ the right time
*having a future ambition
*treating ur neighbour like you would love to be treated
*makin progress in society where others are busy lookin for "who to blame" for their failures in lifegrin
*makin good use of ur "number 6ix"
*having Adam's desire for a "she-she"
*having "Eve's desire for a "he-he"
*respecting other peoples choice of lifestyle
*appearing neat and smart @ all times..

FiN 4 NoW.
Re: What Makes A Man/woman Responsible by gurujoe(m): 9:23pm On Jul 07, 2012
wht makes a person irresponsible is d 'ir' in responsible
Re: What Makes A Man/woman Responsible by Impulse80(m): 9:27pm On Jul 07, 2012
My friend, UR RESPONSIBILITY IS WHAT MAKES U RESPONSIBLE. Shikena!
Re: What Makes A Man/woman Responsible by MacLovington(m): 9:54pm On Jul 07, 2012
It is very subjective.
Judging another person's level of responsibility presupposes that you are responsible yourself.

Many people have a public persona that appears to be a responsible person. But secretly sleeps with his friend's wife, a married pastor bleeping choir girls, a wife beater, a corrupt judge/politician/lecturer/policeman/civil servant etc.

A responsible person to me is a considerate, thoughtful, hardworking, honest person that treats others the way he wants to be treated. Who has dedication and loyalty to his family, friends and community.
Re: What Makes A Man/woman Responsible by oiseworld: 10:17pm On Jul 07, 2012
a person is considered responsible when he or she has the end in mind. They don't do things only based on the present, theirs always something in view.

They always consider the future,outcome the society,what people would say or think.
Re: What Makes A Man/woman Responsible by Heck: 10:26pm On Jul 07, 2012
A responsible man
1. cares about his integrity (lawful) in every of his actions and reactions
2. dresses to the occasion. an irresponsible man wears track suit to church
3. follows etiquette during interactions. listens before he talks
Re: What Makes A Man/woman Responsible by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jul 07, 2012
_my opinion_responsible=self control;in al facet of life_monywise,dreswise,habit,eatin,name it all
Re: What Makes A Man/woman Responsible by xpensive05: 10:47pm On Jul 07, 2012
[quote author=subtleb]A responsible person is simply an individual dat act we he suppose to, and make or ready to make correction when he had to.dat does not define a responsible man or woman............
Re: What Makes A Man/woman Responsible by Koolking(m): 11:49pm On Jul 07, 2012
yam:

mumu, ode so mechanics are not responsible people because of wat they wear.

a person inresponsible in a particular area can be responsible in oda area e.g chris okotie, he is not responsible in in marriage but he might be responsible in church adminstration.
wondering y the church hasnt scatter after 2 divorcees. shocked

a responsible person to me is determine by 3 things
1,your character which should always be good,kind e.t.c
2,how u handle situation and issues, with dis we are more responsible than each oda for example today wen the rain fell in my area.i went to help my neibors pack their clothes on the line
with dis it is nt everybody that will ve dat in mind that does nt mean the person is inresponsible.
3,it has to do with parental upbringing

RESPONSIBLITY IS RELATIVE BOTH IN USAGE AND IN ACT SO I THINK

Thanks sir. Apparently, you are not worth the time. Your response reeks of idiocy Mr. Plantain
Re: What Makes A Man/woman Responsible by Immaangel(f): 4:15am On Jul 08, 2012
A responsible man is dat man hu tinks wit his senses and nt wit his penis...i.e hu can control or comport himsef.
Re: What Makes A Man/woman Responsible by master2(m): 4:42am On Jul 08, 2012
[color=#990000][/color]Some comment are so funny. For me i will define responsible person like this: a person that RESPOND TO ABILITY (RESPONSE + ABILITY). In other words it means responding to what u can/ought do. It has more to do with morals n hw u respond to issues around u than hw u dress. Someone ask a good question if mechanics are not responsible since they are rough n dirty. Being responsible has nothing to do with age either. We have seen mature men n women who neglect their children n family. However, money may drive someone to responsible yet we have seen irresponsible rich fellas around. In conclusion, i repeat that being responsible is ur character n hw u react to issues around u.
Re: What Makes A Man/woman Responsible by Gudintent: 7:06am On Jul 08, 2012
No Not from looks

Though appearances can sometimes speak volumes either in a good or bad way, that does not make the individual irresponsible or responsible. I have come across ladies and gents alike looking as trustful as the day is bright, however their word is not their bond!!

I will say more of Character, how the person conducts his/her self, even what you say and the context that it is being said,can give someone like me a clue about the kind of person you are.

In all, there are a lot of factors to consider when rubbishing someone as irresponsible.
Re: What Makes A Man/woman Responsible by sylve11: 7:47am On Jul 08, 2012
yam:

mumu, ode so mechanics are not responsible people because of wat they wear.

a person inresponsible in a particular area can be responsible in oda area e.g chris okotie, he is not responsible in in marriage but he might be responsible in church adminstration.
wondering y the church hasnt scatter after 2 divorcees. shocked

a responsible person to me is determine by 3 things
1,your character which should always be good,kind e.t.c
2,how u handle situation and issues, with dis we are more responsible than each oda for example today wen the rain fell in my area.i went to help my neibors pack their clothes on the line
with dis it is nt everybody that will ve dat in mind that does nt mean the person is inresponsible.
3,it has to do with parental upbringing

RESPONSIBLITY IS RELATIVE BOTH IN USAGE AND IN ACT SO I THINK

And calling people ode mumu for airing their minds makes u more responsible, right? sad sad cool
Re: What Makes A Man/woman Responsible by bernieamce: 8:18am On Jul 08, 2012
bigx: Nairaland Front Page needs a vacation *smh*
why not take your own leave we will join you, probably when we feel just like you!
Re: What Makes A Man/woman Responsible by Azumy(f): 9:33am On Jul 08, 2012
SimonAndal: For a guy, there's nothing I hate more than sagging. To me that spells pure agboro. You can braid your hair, gel it, do whatever to it, wear ear studs, but no sagging.
For a girl, I don't care really, they could dress as slutty barbie dolls, nothing concerns me there.
ba hankali a wona magana!lol
Re: What Makes A Man/woman Responsible by Walexz02(m): 9:34am On Jul 08, 2012
Being responsible as in to man or GOD? cry
Re: What Makes A Man/woman Responsible by Azumy(f): 9:38am On Jul 08, 2012
blackboi: Minimum Requirement to be considered a responsible fella

*doin the right thing @ the right time
*having a future ambition
*treating ur neighbour like you would love to be treated
*makin progress in society where others are busy lookin for "who to blame" for their failures in lifegrin
*makin good use of ur "number 6ix"
*having Adam's desire for a "she-she"
*having "Eve's desire for a "he-he"
*respecting other peoples choice of lifestyle
*appearing neat and smart @ all times..

FiN 4 NoW.
jst little facts of sense!

1 Like

Re: What Makes A Man/woman Responsible by Nickyspice(f): 10:00am On Jul 08, 2012
ebamma: i may tag you as irresponsible for asking this kind of question
meaning?
Re: What Makes A Man/woman Responsible by sunshine4c(m): 10:13am On Jul 08, 2012
A man without fault is Immature but a man who knows his/her fault and mak a correction, is a real portrait..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Unhappy In Marriage, Pls Advice! / ☎️☎️VARIOUS LUXURY VELVET SUEDE HOME FURNITURE, INTERIOR DECOR, ACCESSORIES☎️☎️ / John Fashanu's Daughter Reveals Grim Family Secret

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.