Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,432 members, 7,836,731 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

Is The Northern Part Of Nigeria Marginalized - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is The Northern Part Of Nigeria Marginalized (8320 Views)

Poll: If you agree that the northern Nigeria is marginalized, can we say that the Boko Haram attacks is an expression of grievance or what?

This poll has ended

Poll: If you agree that the northern Nigeria is marginalized, can we say that the Boko Haram attacks is an expression of grievance or what?

Yes: 0% (0 votes)
No: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

South East May Actually Been Marginalized; See Raesons / Picture Of The Northern Cities and street / Boarding Facilities For Almajiris Of The Northern Part Of Nigeria - Gej (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is The Northern Part Of Nigeria Marginalized by Nobody: 11:17am On Jul 08, 2012
ever wondered why after all these years nigeria still remains in the back waters? because we blame the wrong people!
it is not northern elites that marginalised nigerians, it is nigerian elites(both north and south)
Re: Is The Northern Part Of Nigeria Marginalized by pcicero(m): 11:17am On Jul 08, 2012
alaoeri: Marginalised as how where's the vice president, senate president, speaker house of rep from, SW supposed to be asking this question. Something is wrong with this op.
b

Do not forget the office of the CJN which has been their exclusive preserve since time immemorial.
Re: Is The Northern Part Of Nigeria Marginalized by Okijajuju1(m): 11:20am On Jul 08, 2012
[size=18pt]If they are marginalised, then let them swallow it peacefully... Marginalization in Nigeria is now by zoning... Now it's their turn... When Bihari used PTF Funds to finance all the projects in the north, nobody complained.. I know they are marginalised and rightly so...[/size]
Re: Is The Northern Part Of Nigeria Marginalized by inisteve: 11:21am On Jul 08, 2012
D north are not marginalised because dey hav bn in power since. D people dat are marginalised are d Niger delta people.
Re: Is The Northern Part Of Nigeria Marginalized by emmyitodo: 11:24am On Jul 08, 2012
naturally i dont respond to comments raised by forumite cos we are all entitled to our opinions. we can rant and yap all day like our opinions count, but it aint gonna change a thing, atleast not in 9ja. it irks me seriously how alot of us hastily jump to start typing halfwitted comment on the keyboard exposing how coarse grained and crass discourse have degenerated to recently. Beaf is unfortunately progressing along this line.
Re: Is The Northern Part Of Nigeria Marginalized by pcicero(m): 11:31am On Jul 08, 2012
torkaka: ever wondered why after all these years nigeria still remains in the back waters? because we blame the wrong people!
it is not northern elites that marginalised nigerians, it is nigerian elites(both north and south)

Much as I would want to agree with the fact that we have the Nigerian malaise. There is also the problem peculiar to the North. There is a deliberate attempt to pauperize their citizenry. How many Northen governors are making appreciable impacts in areas of Health, education, infrastructure etc. without FG's intervention?
I served in Taraba state between 2003 and 2004 and it was amazing how the governor was ruling the state from Abuja. He was never around. It was the same story with most Northern governors then (even till now).He would only come when it was time to share the allocation. There was only one major road leading into the town- Hamman Ruwa Way. No meaningful development. This same Taraba was created at the same time with Ekiti. You cannot compare both states now.

The North should be introspective and discard their feudal system which is ingrained in the democratic system. How many Northern leaders give scholarships to indigent students inspite of their enormous wealth? What do they give back to their communities except to build mosques?

We should tell ourselves the hard truths because 'conscience is an open wound'...
Re: Is The Northern Part Of Nigeria Marginalized by Mandelaguy(m): 11:37am On Jul 08, 2012
ebamma: since the creation of nigeria,the north has produced more heads of state,than any other region,from murtala mohammed,sani abacha,muhammadu buhari,ibrahim babangida and tafawa balewa, but yet none of them cared to develop the north, i blame the northern elite as the cause of its backwardness.
You forgot Shagari and Yakubu Gowon
Re: Is The Northern Part Of Nigeria Marginalized by lacasa: 11:39am On Jul 08, 2012
thegoodjoehunt:

HABA, this is too Harsh. Even Cold entered my body.
wink cheesy grin

But he is direct.

The op is just tryin τ̅o cause arguments n insults

Wwell, op uv got wat u̶̲̥̅̊​ wanted, congrats

τ̅o ϑ mods, same τ̅o u̶̲̥̅̊​ 4 makn it frontpage u̶̲̥̅̊​ hier

Mtcheeu

1 Like

Re: Is The Northern Part Of Nigeria Marginalized by lacasa: 11:43am On Jul 08, 2012
Okija_juju: [size=18pt]If they are marginalised, then let them swallow it peacefully... Marginalization in Nigeria is now by zoning... Now it's their turn... When Bihari used PTF Funds to finance all the projects in the north, nobody complained.. I know they are marginalised and rightly so...[/size]

Buhari n ptf τ̅o fund projects in the north alone

u̶̲̥̅̊​ funny sha

Go n read abt buharis ptf n uld c ϑ most benefactors were in the south

#mumu everywhere on nairaland commenting, smh
Re: Is The Northern Part Of Nigeria Marginalized by Okijajuju1(m): 12:05pm On Jul 08, 2012
lacasa:

u̶̲̥̅̊​ funny sha

Even the few projects in the south were done by northern contractors
Re: Is The Northern Part Of Nigeria Marginalized by gurujoe(m): 12:08pm On Jul 08, 2012
Eiyaa! D north ar bein marginalised o, sorry eeh! Clean yr eyes we wil stop marginalisin u wit islambad, boko'ram, 72 virgins, almajiris, muhammed n yr cattle f*cking elites. Marginalisatn my gf (aisha) black yansh

1 Like

Re: Is The Northern Part Of Nigeria Marginalized by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jul 08, 2012
torkaka:
pretty soon you will also classify the following as northern elites;
diezani
gej
ibori
sylva
alaibe
alamasiagha
odili!
Must you criticise everything Beaf says, even when it is glaringly true ? Dont be silly always, you can be silly when on top of your wife.

1 Like

Re: Is The Northern Part Of Nigeria Marginalized by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jul 08, 2012
Who is marginalizing the North ? Last I checked, the North has been in Power for almost for ever. So the answer is Yes, the North has been Marginalized by the North. We are all marginalized by the North. Thanks for asking, now you know the answer.

1 Like

Re: Is The Northern Part Of Nigeria Marginalized by itsme2(m): 12:24pm On Jul 08, 2012
Looking at it objectively, it would be out of place to say the north has been marginalised politically but they av bn marginalised economically, due to nobody's fault perse bt northerners retrogressive leanings..the fact is no part of the country has been given any extraordinary push by d FG, every region of d country worked their ass off 2 get wateva it is they r benefitn frm 2day. Even more often than not i c d northern part of the country benefitn more (despite contributin less 2 d fed purse). Buts lets refrain frm blamin d avg northerner who is even more affectd, no thanks 2 those theiving bastard politicians who jst happens 2 b northerners. The Babangidas, ciromas et.al.

1 Like

Re: Is The Northern Part Of Nigeria Marginalized by Mandelaguy(m): 12:24pm On Jul 08, 2012
Billyonaire: Who is marginalizing the North ? Last I checked, the North has been in Power for almost for ever. So the answer is Yes, the North has been Marginalized by the North. We are all marginalized by the North. Thanks for asking, now you know the answer.
Thank you for being frank,maybe,their thick skulls will now assimilate.
Re: Is The Northern Part Of Nigeria Marginalized by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jul 08, 2012
Billyonaire: Must you criticise everything Beaf says, even when it is glaringly true ? Dont be silly always, you can be silly when on top of your wife.
on top of my wife? really? i thought it was your wife! i have humped her so much that she's beginning to look to you(in your eyes) like she's mine
Re: Is The Northern Part Of Nigeria Marginalized by cashmentor(m): 12:26pm On Jul 08, 2012
The Northerners are professioners when it comes to politics, marginalisation, and corruption... sadly true, but Nigerians just don't realize this yet! The Northern elites are the problems of this Nation....
Re: Is The Northern Part Of Nigeria Marginalized by lacasa: 12:28pm On Jul 08, 2012
torkaka:
on top of my wife? really? i thought it was your wife! i have humped her so much that she's beginning to look to you(in your eyes) like she's mine

grin

u̶̲̥̅̊​ wicked ☺º°˚˚°ºoo

Lmfao
Re: Is The Northern Part Of Nigeria Marginalized by lacasa: 12:31pm On Jul 08, 2012
cashmentor: The Northerners are professioners when it comes to politics, marginalisation, and corruption... sadly true, but Nigerians just don't realize this yet! The Northern elites are the problems of this Nation....

Only Northern?

Then i guess ibori, alameiseigha, obj, anenih, deziani, otedola r part of the 12disciples
Re: Is The Northern Part Of Nigeria Marginalized by cashmentor(m): 12:39pm On Jul 08, 2012
lacasa:

Only Northern?

Then i guess ibori, alameiseigha, obj, anenih, deziani, otedola r part of the 12disciples
here they go again! Always looking for the Rabbit and not the Hole? Airing one's view isn't a crime, especialy when it's the fact....
Re: Is The Northern Part Of Nigeria Marginalized by Steveonyekachi: 12:41pm On Jul 08, 2012
Northners feel that dey re marginalized cuz of there mode of practise and what they believe in so called religion..when u have alamajiri every where, one man marring 4 wives and having more than 20children...
A gate man,shoe shiner, trailer drivers haveing uncounted children...dey can be giving proper training..they will end up being a succide bomber...cuz they don't have value for life and life it self doesn't make meaning to them..
Northners should review there believe...no body have marginalize them...them cause there trouble

1 Like

Re: Is The Northern Part Of Nigeria Marginalized by Beaf: 12:43pm On Jul 08, 2012
torkaka: ^^stup!dity seems to be your catch word!
you said; northern nigerian peasants as well as NIGERIANS are marginalised by northern elites! so i ask you are those in delta not nigerians? are those in bayelsa not nigerians?
what evidence do you have that northern elites have stolen/marginalised people that southern elites have not done?
for every babangida there is a aikhomu, for every aikhomu there is a falae, for every falae there is a nzeribe!
if like you said "northern elites have marginalised northern peasants and nigerians" then its safe to say southern elites have marginalised southern peasants and nigerians!. which can be shortened to " northern and southern elites have marginalised nigerians"!
meantime go and stick your head in a toilet sit where it belongs!

Clap for your stup!dity. Someone asks if the North is marginalised and you start firing foolishly out of point.
Like I said, if you are too foolish to tackle a topic, then instead of scrapping your arse in public like a mad monkey, shut the phuck up and save your pride.

All Northern states have Northern governors and it has been so through history, only a fool would name Southern governors as having marginalised the North. How ridiculous can an adult get? But maybe you smoke a lot of pawpaw leaf sha.
Re: Is The Northern Part Of Nigeria Marginalized by Beaf: 12:47pm On Jul 08, 2012
torkaka: ever wondered why after all these years nigeria still remains in the back waters? because we blame the wrong people!

You are a fool indeed!
According to you, Ibori marginalised the North. How?! shocked
Does Delta states money belong to any Northern state or do you just take pride in appearing a fool?
Did Ibori's embezzling Delta states money create the 10million+ almajiri's?

Seun needs to employ a bouncer to slap proudly unintelligent dung like you until your red eyes pop through your nostrils.
Re: Is The Northern Part Of Nigeria Marginalized by Mandelaguy(m): 12:52pm On Jul 08, 2012
Beaf:

You are a fool indeed!
According to you, Ibori marginalised the North. How?! shocked
Does Delta states money belong to any Northern state or do you just take pride in appearing a fool?
Did Ibori's embezzling Delta states money create the 10million+ almajiri's?

Seun needs to employ a bouncer to slap proudly unintelligent dung like you until your red eyes pop through your nostrils.
Lol. That torkaka is foolishhhhhheeee!
Re: Is The Northern Part Of Nigeria Marginalized by Beaf: 12:52pm On Jul 08, 2012
My guy, its really annoying the way all sorts of unintelligent and unrefined people like torkaka pop up to destroy threads with unalloyed foolishness.
Re: Is The Northern Part Of Nigeria Marginalized by SamAfrik(m): 12:53pm On Jul 08, 2012
Marginalized
So wc region is most rep in fedral service, has lowest university (& fed sec sch) entry requirement. Has more states & political office holders?
The problem of d ordinary northerner has more 2 do with mentality & self development.
Re: Is The Northern Part Of Nigeria Marginalized by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jul 08, 2012
torkaka:
Hahahahaaha, nice one. My wife says she love you, the way you mob the floor of the generator house.
Re: Is The Northern Part Of Nigeria Marginalized by edicolove: 12:54pm On Jul 08, 2012
lacasa:

u̶̲̥̅̊​ funny sha

Can you please point to one, just one, southern state and one project that the fund was used for? Please no lies. Thank you.
Re: Is The Northern Part Of Nigeria Marginalized by Okwyjesus(m): 12:56pm On Jul 08, 2012
I laugh when ppl complain about what Ojukwu worked hard to end 45yrs ago & they labelled him rebel. Now we must live as one Nigeria, no complain...... ONE NIGERIA.
Re: Is The Northern Part Of Nigeria Marginalized by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jul 08, 2012
beaf or is it beef,
i repeat,the topic is talking about northern maerginalisation. you are the one who brought about northern elites marginalising NIGERIANS into the mix! i simply put you in line that southern/northern elites are responsible for the marginalisation of nigeria!
now you are talking about state governors! so does it mean the 16 southern states have reached EUREKA?
ebere jonathan has phucked the little brain you have out through your a.nus hence your irrational and erratic behaviour!
when babangida,abacha,buhari and co were ravaging nigeria where was nzeribe,oyinlola,ani,etiebet and co?
you scum!!
Re: Is The Northern Part Of Nigeria Marginalized by Beaf: 1:02pm On Jul 08, 2012
pcicero:

Much as I would want to agree with the fact that we have the Nigerian malaise. There is also the problem peculiar to the North. There is a deliberate attempt to pauperize their citizenry. How many Northen governors are making appreciable impacts in areas of Health, education, infrastructure etc. without FG's intervention?
I served in Taraba state between 2003 and 2004 and it was amazing how the governor was ruling the state from Abuja. He was never around. It was the same story with most Northern governors then (even till now).He would only come when it was time to share the allocation. There was only one major road leading into the town- Hamman Ruwa Way. No meaningful development. This same Taraba was created at the same time with Ekiti. You cannot compare both states now.

The North should be introspective and discard their feudal system which is ingrained in the democratic system. How many Northern leaders give scholarships to indigent students inspite of their enormous wealth? What do they give back to their communities except to build mosques?

We should tell ourselves the hard truths because 'conscience is an open wound'...

The bolded is the plain truth. 66% of the Worlds countries have fewer people than the number of almajiri's in Nigeria (10 million); now, even that figure pales into insignificance when it is considered that almajiri's are only males. What happens to their female equivalents then? Nigeria has the shameful position as being the worst country in the World for child marriages (legal pedophelia); in states like Kebbi and Katsina, girls as young as nine are given out in "marriage."

Northern marginalisation basically starts from the womb.

1 Like

Re: Is The Northern Part Of Nigeria Marginalized by edicolove: 1:04pm On Jul 08, 2012
Sincerely, let's be truthful. The north is maginalized. You all know they are born to rule. They are supposed to be president forever so since there is a southern president and they are only common vice president, senate president, house of reps speaker, NSA, IG of police, CJN, it isn't fair. They should be president as well. They should also head customs, army, navy, airforce and nnpc. Anything short of that is pure maginalization. The country must be fair to them.

Adammu!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

(photo+video) - Aba Angry Youths Celebr8 Biafra; Set Nigerian Flag On Fire Today / Lagos Plans Expansions Of Ikeja-alausa Road To Tackle Gridlock / Ikpeazu: Despite Peaceful Environment, Abia Yet To Benefit From Oil Companies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.