Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,999 members, 7,817,955 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians (22191 Views)

Photo: What A South African Said About Nigerian Pastors / Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! / Nigerian Pastors Who Hate Themselves (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by ismhab(m): 8:35pm On Jul 08, 2012
THEY ARE ALL OLE.
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jul 08, 2012
Remember Ali and the angels coat? Or Who saw the angel? The people all paid to see an angel that wasn't there, and no one admitted they saw nothing because Ali had told them the angel could only be seen by holy men. Religion is a sensitive issue, and a very bold man [one without a conscience] can take advantage of the fact that the average nigerian would not question the actions or motives of the so called `anointed`. He could probably get away with murder.
It`s a crying shame that some of them insist on exploiting even the hopelessly poor. But who`s to blame really? The manipulator or the manipulated?

2 Likes

Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by renzie: 8:37pm On Jul 08, 2012
afam4eva:
Pastor WF Kumuyi happens to be one of the very few pastors that I still respect. The man is humility personified. He's not like other pastors that are after things of the flesh.
. U are right however, there are many other servants of God with a lot of intergrity who u do not know. In the days of elijah he thot he was the only prophet left who have not compromised. But, God told him there were still men who have not bowed to baal.
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by kuss: 8:37pm On Jul 08, 2012
CHRISTIANITY IS CONSTANTLY COMING UNDER ATTACK BY BOKO ARAM BOMBS AND BY ATHEIST SLANDERS,YOU A4E NOT A CHRISTIAN WHAT IS YOUR CONCERN WITH WHAT GOES ON IN THE CHURCH .MIND YOUR BIZ AND LEAVE FOOLISH PEOPLE LIKE ME TO GIVE OUR TITHE AND OFFERINGS AT LEST ITS NOT FROM UR POCKET.MY FELLOW XTIAN LETS NOT JOIN THESE PEOPLE TO RIDICULE OUR RELIGION.
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by logicboy01: 8:43pm On Jul 08, 2012
kuss: CHRISTIANITY IS CONSTANTLY COMING UNDER ATTACK BY BOKO ARAM BOMBS AND BY ATHEIST SLANDERS,YOU A4E NOT A CHRISTIAN WHAT IS YOUR CONCERN WITH WHAT GOES ON IN THE CHURCH .MIND YOUR BIZ AND LEAVE FOOLISH PEOPLE LIKE ME TO GIVE OUR TITHE AND OFFERINGS AT LEST ITS NOT FROM UR POCKET.MY FELLOW XTIAN LETS NOT JOIN THESE PEOPLE TO RIDICULE OUR RELIGION.

Shut up. Christianity has been attacking unbelievers for over a millenium.

Your MOG's are frauds because Christianity is a fraud.
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jul 08, 2012
logicboy01:

Kumuyi is a fraud as well.

The problem does not stop at pastors. Christianity is a fraud. There is no God.

[img]http://3.bp..com/_t6rV3U9ZEHM/TPlNrROis0I/AAAAAAAA-TA/3FaewMi7X04/s1600/GoodWithoutGod.jpg[/img]
Logicboy, I have been there and beyond. Congrats, where you are is a step towards the ultimate place. I will welcome you when you arrive Self Realization, beyond which you will know who you are.
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jul 08, 2012
philip0906: There r loads of fake doctors in town but does dat mean every doctor should be avoided or dat all doctors are now evil?
Its left 2 u 2 discern. . .we have pastors who preach the truth in this country e.g Pastor Kumuyi

u r wrong on this man. . .d Psalmist said I am glad when they say we should go to the HOUSE OF THE LORD.
The coming 2gether as a group/church thing started right 4rm d days of Moses after they left Egypt when they gathered according 2 their tribes.
The books u want 2 read @ home including Corinthians,Philipians,Ephesians,Galatians(d epistles) where not written 2 believers sitted @ home.They were writen 2 churches and thats where d advent of "church" started. So don't misinterprete d Bible.
You labelled Islam as evil cos of the actions of the Bokoharam(negleting the fact that they are just a sect.)..Now u want to protect christainity by saying not all pastors are bad?Nah!..they are all the same cos that is what ur religion teaches them..They all involve in SLAPPING,BURNING,DEFRAUDING,SEXUALLY MOLESTING,PROPHESIZING DOOM to mention a few to their church members.In my opinion,a POLITICIAN is far far BETTER than a PASTOR..
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by logicboy01: 8:47pm On Jul 08, 2012
Billyonaire: Logicboy, I have been there and beyond. Congrats, where you are is a step towards the ultimate place.

What is this ultimate place?
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by Snowwy: 8:47pm On Jul 08, 2012
Isn't it amazing that the OP's cut and paste clearly depicts his own attributes as a nigerian pastor himself. I can see the 4 fingers clearly pointing back at him.
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by God2man(m): 8:49pm On Jul 08, 2012
Here we go again on one of the most popular topics on nairaland, bashing men of God, and stopping tithes.
If i may ask, what sincere effort have you made to help these Pastors? i created a topic on "have you prayed for your Pastors before?" what was the response? You can check.
Readers especially people like me are getting tired of the Stereotypical, moderators should find a better way of controlling the incessant bashing of the Men of God, or else the Religion section will be avoided by many christians.
Let us do all things with moderation. Too much of criticism will not help anybody.
God bless you.
God2man.
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by tintingz(m): 8:50pm On Jul 08, 2012
Fraud 419 pastors with their business center churchs
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jul 08, 2012
logicboy01:

What is this ultimate place?
Where you are, is commendable, its very difficult for one to break away from the grasps of dogma and religion and superstitions. But, now that you have been able to break free. You are on your way, I am sure you will figure it out. But let me say, There are 2 kinds of Truth; The relative and the Absolute. The absolute truth is scary, but in your search you know that; Existence of Universe is Truth, Polarity of Universe will be absolute. But you will need to be involved to know what the polarities of UNiverse are. That truth, once you know it, it will set you free. The knowledge of the message is not evangelical, so I will not put it out here.
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by logicboy01: 8:56pm On Jul 08, 2012
God2man: Here we go again on one of the most popular topics on nairaland, bashing men of God, and stopping tithes.
If i may ask, what sincere effort have you made to help these Pastors? i created a topic on "have you prayed for your Pastors before?" what was the response? You can check.
Readers especially people like me are getting tired of the Stereotypical, moderators should find a better way of controlling the incessant bashing of the Men of God, or else the Religion section will be avoided by many christians.
Let us do all things with moderation. Too much of criticism will not help anybody.
God bless you.
God2man.

1) Why should we pray for pastors when;
a) Prayers do not work. Prayers have 99.9% failure rate
b) Pastors are want our tithe money before they can think of helping us

2)Why should moderators stop us from criticising MOG's when;
a)They are corrupt and also fraudsters
b)There is something called freedom of speech
c)We are telling the truth about MOG's. Should we lie now?
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by logicboy01: 8:57pm On Jul 08, 2012
Billyonaire: Where you are, is commendable, its very difficult for one to break away from the grasps of dogma and religion and superstitions. But, now that you have been able to break free. You are on your way, I am sure you will figure it out. But let me say, There are 2 kinds of Truth; The relative and the Absolute. The absolute truth is scary, but in your search. Existence of Universe will be Truth, Polarity of Universe will be absolute. But you will need to be involved to know what the polarities of truths are. That truth, once you know it, it will set you free. The knowledge of the message is not evangelical, so I will not put it out here.

Are you joking? I'm an athiest. 2 years and counting

https://www.nairaland.com/984842/logicboy-effect-message-all-nairaland
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by nedostic: 8:58pm On Jul 08, 2012
A hypocritical society would always get what it deserves. This charlatan movement cuts across the Nigerian society be it politicians,christian leaders, islamic leaders,traditional rulers,public servants,civil servants,civil societies,journalists,name it.

My take on this is that people should not be bias towards christian leaders.

We owe it to ourselves to be the change agents we want to be.

The society itself would not change except we start living godly or perhaps morally as the case may be.

I am not against purchase of jet(s) for evangelistic purpose but when it becomes a private jet that is what I am totally uncomfortable with. More so, is the issue of a family-run church, its uncalled for.

It is always good to speak the truth. I believe Pastor Kun got this topic spot on. My own take on this, which might not be foolproof,is that comparison in a way is nearly faultless.

Above all, men of God should try to live a less materialistic life and speak the truth always no matter whose ox is gored.

Jesus Christ loves you all!
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jul 08, 2012
logicboy01:

Are you joking? I'm an athiest. 2 years and counting

https://www.nairaland.com/984842/logicboy-effect-message-all-nairaland
Hahahahaha, I have been there, longer than you can imagine and the truth is, you can be there forever, except you keep an open mind and stop egotistic behaviors and open yourself to learn more.
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by four4: 9:08pm On Jul 08, 2012
Na una sabi oo, when somebody go collect money from una and use it to build school that can not be havod by una wey de build ham, by jet when una no get money to even go work etc I bow for this kind of stupidity oo
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by billyG(m): 9:16pm On Jul 08, 2012
I think going back 2 orthodox church is better,those institutions are nobody ppties grass materialism is forbidden among clergies. wink
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by vanstanzy(m): 9:27pm On Jul 08, 2012
Pastor Kun: No wonder we are not making good progress in this country.When preachers who should be the salt of the earth are neck deep in the system of the world.

U mean similarities between FAKE Nigerian pastors and politicians? Simple, They are all ro.tten m@ggots.
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by asudan: 9:53pm On Jul 08, 2012
nijanigga:
Like Bishop Oyedepo will call himself man of God or other so called men of God running to Aso rock to receive thier own national cake and failed to admonish GEJ to stop the lootings.The bible says ,let your yea be yea.But Nigerian pastors said they are more diplomatic.
Goat
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by Detongue: 10:03pm On Jul 08, 2012
Pastor Kun > Senior pastor, general overseer, papa, daddy, apostle, prophet of Church of satan, worldwide
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by mu2sa2: 10:09pm On Jul 08, 2012
And more similarities:
10. POLITICIANS - They resort to terrible violence against opponents when they feel like it, using armed thugs .
PASTORS - They engage in horrible violence too e.g murder by reverend king,Oyedepo's slapping saga,
starving and beating poor children to confess witchcraft.
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by flow1759: 10:10pm On Jul 08, 2012
oh! dats y i love d late fela, in his song he said; 'pastor's house nahim dey fine pass'. And its the fact. Only GOD can judge us!!!!
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jul 08, 2012
They are both propagandists!
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by Dhelake: 10:40pm On Jul 08, 2012
M nt a christian oh buh i noticed dat so many of dem ar affected by d 'Monkey no fine buh him mama like am' syndrome
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by zicobaba2012(m): 10:42pm On Jul 08, 2012
U are a fool 4
mentioning bishop
nijanigga:
Like Bishop Oyedepo will call himself man of God or other so called men of God running to Aso rock to receive thier own national cake and failed to admonish GEJ to stop the lootings.The bible says ,let your yea be yea.But Nigerian pastors said they are more diplomatic.
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jul 08, 2012
OLUWASEUN(OJS):
My Pals, pls leave all 2GOD Who created all. We ar nt a Judge,God knw those of His. Let tak heed,so dat we dont been curse by our words. God Bles!
Shut up ur mouth..If u can judge the president,muslims,arm robbers,419ners,Gej,Farouk,bokoharam and so many politicians,..then what is wrong with judging those FRAUDSTERS who called themselves PASTORS.

4 Likes

Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jul 08, 2012
bayodaniel: I can understand people's frustration with churches but i know a church that i can vouch for.U can watch it live @http://lifeoasisinternationalchurch.org/ or http://live.lifeoasisinternationalchurch.org/live.php.U willl listen to anoited teaching,if u are really seeeking God and desire to know and fulfil God's dream for your life.It is the place to be.
CANT YOU READ?PASTORS ARE FRAUDSTERS!
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jul 08, 2012
akthedream: CANT YOU READ?PASTORS ARE FRAUDSTERS!
They earn their income, may be is a faster pace way than you, stop the hate. Pastors are no saints but they are not fraudsters, every job has its pay day, and theirs come every other Sunday.
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by israelbenzion: 12:11am On Jul 09, 2012
Beaf!:
This might be the reason why boko harems are blowing up these fake churches so you could stay away from them lipsrsealed
Stupid as usual.
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by businessmind: 12:18am On Jul 09, 2012
@Pastor Kun...

What exactly is your intention.....what exactly do you want to achieve? Are you saying ALL pastors are like politicians? Can you confidently stand before God and say that what you have done here will build up the church and people or further worsen the situation?

Good people of Nigeria, let us beware of people like our dear Pastor Kun because we all know that most of those who criticize others usually have some skeletons in their own cupboards. We thought brother farouk lawan was a man of integrity but alas!!!! I hope pastor kun is not another farouk!!!!!

Remove the log in your own eyes before you remove the speck in the eyes of others!!
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by nijanigga: 12:21am On Jul 09, 2012
brownlord:

How come you know whats in the bible?, if i hear Oyedepo for your mouth i will give you a dirty slap, cos you think hes your GEJs mate abi
Look at this dimwit,who taught you English? Oyedepo is using the name of the lord to scam people like you.Go reveal youself to him that you are witch for Jesus and Oyedepo will take if from there. You can NEVER slap me,NEVER.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Olukoya Files Fresh N2bn Libel Suit Against Sowore, Sahara Reporters / Was The Second Stanza Of National Anthem Made For Such A Time As This? / 2019: "Buhari Will Use, Dump Tinubu, God Wants Saraki" – Primate Ayodele

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.