Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,155 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:54 PM

Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians (22175 Views)

Photo: What A South African Said About Nigerian Pastors / Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! / Nigerian Pastors Who Hate Themselves (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by israelbenzion: 12:23am On Jul 09, 2012
logicboy01:

Are you joking? I'm an athiest. 2 years and counting

https://www.nairaland.com/984842/logicboy-effect-message-all-nairaland
Then according to d Bible, u r a fool! "The fool sayeth in his heart: there is no God."
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by israelbenzion: 12:28am On Jul 09, 2012
businessmind: @Pastor Kun...

What exactly is your intention.....what exactly do you want to achieve? Are you saying ALL pastors are like politicians? Can you confidently stand before God and say that what you have done here will build up the church and people or further worsen the situation?

Good people of Nigeria, let us beware of people like our dear Pastor Kun because we all know that most of those who criticize others usually have some skeletons in their own cupboards. We thought brother farouk lawan was a man of integrity but alas!!!! I hope pastor kun is not another farouk!!!!!

Remove the log in your own eyes before you remove the speck in the eyes of others!!
Now, turn around, face me, and search for even one reason why God will not continue to bless u. U see? No reason!
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by Bella3(f): 12:55am On Jul 09, 2012
You as an individual, you are the church of God! Let ur light shine... MAY GOD BLESS US ALL
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by EGO3(m): 12:55am On Jul 09, 2012
religion the most deadly disease sent to Africa and it kills slowly, how can we now claim to know God better than the people whom introduced Him to us. i think they infused more of the virus in naija cos they realized people from our side tends to be smarter. wink[b]
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by nijanigga: 12:58am On Jul 09, 2012
zicobaba2012: U are a fool 4
mentioning bishop
And you are dimwit.Bishop the slapper? He will know his fate in court,very soon and in abroad they are waiting for him.Oyedepo,with 4 jets and he call himself a man of God. "It's easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than a rich man to enter the kingdom of God" Where did bishop Dr Oyedepo got his monney?
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by nijanigga: 1:01am On Jul 09, 2012
asudan:
Goat
Goattie.
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by ogochukwunasa1: 1:25am On Jul 09, 2012
Beaf!:
This might be the reason why boko harems are blowing up these fake churches so you could stay away from them lipsrsealed

funny
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by paris10: 2:21am On Jul 09, 2012
God is a patient God. It's somewhat disheartening to see that most of the Pentecostal Pastors now pursue self-fortune and fame as to serving their flocks. Poor pastors are now using the rich pastors as people they would love to become. They now crave for the wealth of these pastors and would do anything to get there.

You see a new pastor in a Church today, very vibrant and enthusiastic about serving God, the next time you see him he'd be thinking about having his own Church. Why? 'cause he now know how much money is coming in for the Church he's pastoring. They all want to have their own Church! What happened to being in one Church and serve forever? What happened to the thousands of Churches around whose chairs are still being filled? Must these 'pastors' start a new Church? And if they have to leave, have they thought about joining an existing Church?

Is God then so disorganize that HE would tell every one of these so-called 'pastors' to leave a Church (some leave with fight)that have nurtured them and start a new one? And they all have the same story line " When I heard the call". What 'call'? Call to service or call to making money and extorting the gullible and naive?

Christians are bunch of hypocrites especially those that attends Christ Embassy, Winners, Redeemed, Rhema and lots more. CE members even finds it a big deal to go to another Church when invited. These bunch don't even invite pastors from another denomination to their sect, always citing "they are hypocrites".

"Touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm" isn't referring to the likes of the Oyedepos, Adeboyes' the Oyakhilomes and so forth. These guys have taken Christianity to a whole new level, yes, new level of corruption, distortion, brainwashing, and above all, out of context preaching.

The Bible says "judge righteous judgement",yes, not just "judge not" that so many gullible Christians are aware of, which mean criticize that which is bad and rebuke sharply that which is evil. Nathan confronted and rebuked David on his sin with Bathsheba (1 Sam. 12). So did General Joab, who confronted David on his sinful conduct after the death of his son Absalom (2 Sam. 19:5-cool. Many abusive leaders misuse that verse to say they are above criticism, but that is a misuse of that text to keep themselves accountable to no one.

Why don't we just build one big Church in each town and attend together e.g people of Ikeja will attend the Ikeja one, so also, people of Alausa their own. There will be no more this denomination thing and fraud would then be minimize.

1 Like

Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by Nobody: 2:24am On Jul 09, 2012
Billyonaire: They earn their income, may be is a faster pace way than you, stop the hate. Pastors are no saints but they are not fraudsters, every job has its pay day, and theirs come every other Sunday.
Have you forgotten what you post on PASTOR BAKARE(oq was it because he was against GEJ?) AND CHRIS OKOTIE'S THREAD?
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by Nobody: 2:33am On Jul 09, 2012
businessmind: @Pastor Kun...

What exactly is your intention.....what exactly do you want to achieve? Are you saying ALL pastors are like politicians? Can you confidently stand before God and say that what you have done here will build up the church and people or further worsen the situation?

Good people of Nigeria, let us beware of people like our dear Pastor Kun because we all know that most of those who criticize others usually have some skeletons in their own cupboards. We thought brother farouk lawan was a man of integrity but alas!!!! I hope pastor kun is not another farouk!!!!!

Remove the log in your own eyes before you remove the speck in the eyes of others!!
Are you judging him because the thread is not againrt Islam?You are really one funny dude,.Leave Pastor kun alone,he is just complementing what PASTOR TUNDE BAKARE said about Nigerians pastors.
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by marvel10: 7:47am On Jul 09, 2012
NLers are doing big things in Naija o. I am pleased that they are happy to take on ANY issue. All these MOGs are irritants! With their big mouths, they do nothing to prevent crime and carry their begging bowls around the place.
How the hell do you call someone to say you are on the mountain. Did I send you? Don't pray for me. Messed up poor git! Nonsense about spirits. If I was a spirit, will I chase some loser on an Okada when there is Dangote, Otedola and co..
Abeg!!

1 Like

Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by samkoro: 8:13am On Jul 09, 2012
Pastor Kun: No wonder we are not making good progress in this country.When preachers who should be the salt of the earth are neck deep in the system of the world.

U the poster is a moslem.U are part of the nairaland grand scheme of rubishing the name of geniun pastors who preach nothing evil.The fact remains that

1)Pastors do not preach evil and they don't force you to pay tithes.Any money that goes to the church is out of free will.Jesus rode on a donkey which was like a Rolce Royce today.

2)Pastors do not preach murder,terrorism and rape cos jesus did not teach that unlike that blood thirsty religion of piss

3)Pastors do not preach hatred of infidels

4)Pastors do not preach stealing from infidels

5)Pastors do not preach to christians to lie to infidels

6)Pastors do not preach to christians to molest slaves or non christians(infidels)

7)Pastors do not preach honour killing which means a muslim father should strangle his wife or daughter to death if they commit adultery or fornication

3)Pastors do not preach slave keeping

Please leave pastors alone or God will course u the way did to Abiola for sinking and burning containers of bibles.

I rather listen to pastors than Imams because ,at least there are chances of seein the light rather than the darkness of a Genocidal prophet
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by kessyur: 8:19am On Jul 09, 2012
There r load[/color]s of [color=#000099]fake doctors in town but does dat mean every doctor should be avoided or dat all doctors are now evil?
Its left 2 u 2 discern. . .we have pastors who preach the truth in this country e.g Pastor Kumuyi

SECONDED! Pst. KUMUYI all d way.....
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by samkoro: 8:25am On Jul 09, 2012
If any christan has a problem with any pastor he should approach the pastor and say his mind and not join people that have sold their souls to satan that promised them a hell with 72 virgins and alcohol,to spoil the names of men of God
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by Everest9(m): 8:30am On Jul 09, 2012
U are right
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by pauloman(m): 8:41am On Jul 09, 2012
paris10: God is a patient God. It's somewhat disheartening to see that most of the Pentecostal Pastors now pursue self-fortune and fame as to serving their flocks. Poor pastors are now using the rich pastors as people they would love to become. They now crave for the wealth of these pastors and would do anything to get there.

You see a new pastor in a Church today, very vibrant and enthusiastic about serving God, the next time you see him he'd be thinking about having his own Church. Why? 'cause he now know how much money is coming in for the Church he's pastoring. They all want to have their own Church! What happened to being in one Church and serve forever? What happened to the thousands of Churches around whose chairs are still being filled? Must these 'pastors' start a new Church? And if they have to leave, have they thought about joining an existing Church?

Is God then so disorganize that HE would tell every one of these so-called 'pastors' to leave a Church (some leave with fight)that have nurtured them and start a new one? And they all have the same story line " When I heard the call". What 'call'? Call to service or call to making money and extorting the gullible and naive?

Christians are bunch of hypocrites especially those that attends Christ Embassy, Winners, Redeemed, Rhema and lots more. CE members even finds it a big deal to go to another Church when invited. These bunch don't even invite pastors from another denomination to their sect, always citing "they are hypocrites".

"Touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm" isn't referring to the likes of the Oyedepos, Adeboyes' the Oyakhilomes and so forth. These guys have taken Christianity to a whole new level, yes, new level of corruption, distortion, brainwashing, and above all, out of context preaching.

The Bible says "judge righteous judgement",yes, not just "judge not" that so many gullible Christians are aware of, which mean criticize that which is bad and rebuke sharply that which is evil. Nathan confronted and rebuked David on his sin with Bathsheba (1 Sam. 12). So did General Joab, who confronted David on his sinful conduct after the death of his son Absalom (2 Sam. 19:5-cool. Many abusive leaders misuse that verse to say they are above criticism, but that is a misuse of that text to keep themselves accountable to no one.

Why don't we just build one big Church in each town and attend together e.g people of Ikeja will attend the Ikeja one, so also, people of Alausa their own. There will be no more this denomination thing and fraud would then be minimize.

Thank you very much for your insightful analysis and this is why i still fancy and respect the orthordox chuches till this day,especially Catholic. But the devil will always want to spread its propaganda about anything Godly and make it look like a sham !
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by tunapawizzy: 8:41am On Jul 09, 2012
dis life is very complex. deep evaluation of events all over keeps convincing/confusing me on certain issues that m even scared to share. every passing day i get an extra reason to doubt the existence n credibility of some things. I think there is an exaggeration or a total non existence of one particular concept. If not why are things the way they are...why are people with least inclination to a supreme being d most successful. I just wonder.
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by pcicero(m): 8:46am On Jul 09, 2012
mu2sa2: I really dont understand Nigerian Christianity. Every one of the 000s of denominations is claiming to in the right. Some even dont allow their members to marry Christians not members of their Church. Pls can anyone tell me whether these churches are preaching Christianity or self-interest. And the stupendously rich pastors(overseer, prophet or whatever title) that hav amassed vast personal fortunes - are they following the example of Jesus? Pls anybody with answer may educate me.

Let me just ask. Are you always this open-minded when Islam or your Imams are subjects of discussion?
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by Nobody: 8:58am On Jul 09, 2012
logicboy01:

There is no God. Man has already explained most of these things with science and without god.

The earth orbits around the sun

I guess u're up to date with the present findings in science of the so called "Higgins particle" or "God particle". A prominent scientist present in d presentation of d particle was asked if this latest finding nw nullifies the belief in God? He many scientific responses as to what d particle can help reveal about the true nature of the earth bt a fundamental question remains... Why was the "Higgins particle there?" With this he says, one cannot completely erase the notion of a God. GOD EXISTS....
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by pauloman(m): 9:10am On Jul 09, 2012
tunapawizzy: dis life is very complex. deep evaluation of events all over keeps convincing/confusing me on certain issues that m even scared to share. every passing day i get an extra reason to doubt the existence n credibility of some things. I think there is an exaggeration or a total non existence of one particular concept. If not why are things the way they are...why are people with least inclination to a supreme being d most successful. I just wonder.

My brother i think i understand your plight. You see living in this cold world should be very simple,at least that is what God our creator intended it to be from the very begining with the creation of Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden. He just wanted both to follow a simple instruction he laid down for them and all of human race would have been living in peace. But no,they disobeyed Him(God) courtesy of the Devil tempting and confusing them to do the contrary.

If you look deeply you will see that same pattern is still playing out in the most basic level even till this very day. Life is meant to be simple when we keep our focus on God and get our minds off the distractions of the devil and its whims he uses to distract us like money,wealth accumulation,women etc the minute we focus our minds on these,the more our reasoning our lives become more complex by the day and thereby eluding us of the peace of mind we ordinarily should enjoy be being contented with the basic things of life God has provided us with.

We humans should strive to live a life of contentment and humility which Jesus Christ himself exemplified in his short life on earth and which God originally intended for mankind in the garden of Eden! Anything farther from this is what is causing the whole world to be in the confusion it is facing today.

But never make anyone decieve you that God does not exist for we can attest to the existence of His Supernatural existence in alot of ways even if man has disappointed Him. Look around and you will feel the existence of His Mighty works,you dont need a pastor to show that to you. Truth is God shares and wants to share a rich personal,one on one relationship with each human being as He did with Adam and Eve before the fall and dont need an intermediary in the form of a pastor,overseer or what not to do that.

NB: I am not a pastor but an ordinary man trying to discover life too just like you

1 Like

Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by facebreak(m): 9:19am On Jul 09, 2012
Some pastors are businessmen Lol
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by Nobody: 9:20am On Jul 09, 2012
tunapawizzy: dis life is very complex. deep evaluation of events all over keeps convincing/confusing me on certain issues that m even scared to share. every passing day i get an extra reason to doubt the existence n credibility of some things. I think there is an exaggeration or a total non existence of one particular concept. If not why are things the way they are...why are people with least inclination to a supreme being d most successful. I just wonder.
Great bro. You are on the brink of something great.
I dare you to visit the religion section of this forum. you'd see a thread 'best religion forum' topics. Find the time to go through some of the links posted.
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by doublecross(m): 9:55am On Jul 09, 2012
the best nigerians can do is to stop going to church. what borders me the most is that no matter how hard one tries to make people see the light, some fools will still object. people should stop going to church and marry their bible. that's all they need to progress. the bible says it all and you dont need a holy spirit to translate any thing to you. if you understand simple english then you will understand whatever the bible is saying. the 10% of your earnings that is supposed to be paid as tithe should be giving to the poor and needy amongs others. Never pay your tithe to any church as you cant even tell where the money is going to. one thing you must know...if you give you tithe to the needy, You have paid your tithe in that form as you have obeyed Gods will. If God were to collect the tithe by himself, dont you think he would give it to the poor in need. think about it. If Nigerians can think and see things from this perspective, Nigeria would be a better place. The poor have to stop making the rich richer while they get poorer.

2 Likes

Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by samkoro: 10:03am On Jul 09, 2012
pcicero:

Let me just ask. Are you always this open-minded when Islam or your Imams are subjects of discussion?

Do not mind that hell fire bound moslem poster.He is being open minded in discussing and blackmailing pastors but talk about islam and imams that carry swords in mosque he will say u are disrespecting his genocide prophet mohamed.

Islam is not transparent thus they are afraid of truth.No imam is ready to stand a pastor in any public debate on faith,
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by Snipose(m): 10:13am On Jul 09, 2012
I am a Christian but it is funny d way most of us refer to Islam as violent. Forgetting that according to Statistics, more blood has been shed in the Name of God by "Christians" than by all other religions put together. If in doubt google "the dark ages"/ the "Crusades" Abeg leave Islam out of this. Every religion has sycophants.
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by Nobody: 11:05am On Jul 09, 2012
nijanigga:
Like Bishop Oyedepo will call himself man of God or other so called men of God running to Aso rock to receive thier own national cake and failed to admonish GEJ to stop the lootings.The bible says ,let your yea be yea.But Nigerian pastors said they are more diplomatic.

leav Bishop Oyedepo out of this n u beta be careful..
Go n make ur own achievement so odas can criticize u
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by nora544: 11:30am On Jul 09, 2012
doublecross: the best nigerians can do is to stop going to church. what borders me the most is that no matter how hard one tries to make people see the light, some fools will still object. people should stop going to church and marry their bible. that's all they need to progress. the bible says it all and you dont need a holy spirit to translate any thing to you. if you understand simple english then you will understand whatever the bible is saying. the 10% of your earnings that is supposed to be paid as tithe should be giving to the poor and needy amongs others. Never pay your tithe to any church as you cant even tell where the money is going to. one thing you must know...if you give you tithe to the needy, You have paid your tithe in that form as you have obeyed Gods will. If God were to collect the tithe by himself, dont you think he would give it to the poor in need. think about it. If Nigerians can think and see things from this perspective, Nigeria would be a better place. The poor have to stop making the rich richer while they get poorer.

That is very good, that could help that nigeria get a better place for people
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by pcicero(m): 11:41am On Jul 09, 2012
Snipose: I am a Christian but it is funny d way most of us refer to Islam as violent. Forgetting that according to Statistics, more blood has been shed in the Name of God by "Christians" than by all other religions put together. If in doubt google "the dark ages"/ the "Crusades" Abeg leave Islam out of this. Every religion has sycophants.

Really, with the Ayatollahs, Saddam Husseins, Osamas and organisations like AlQaeda, Hamas, Hezbollah et.al Religion of peace (piss) my foot!

1 Like

Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by sansom1(m): 1:53pm On Jul 09, 2012
Dey r both after money.
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by freshdew: 2:23pm On Jul 09, 2012
wandeay:

Join Jehovah's Witnesses then
tnx so much for dat.JEHOVAH'S Witnesses:preach,advertise and only 4 God's kingdom in the hands of Jesus Christ as the only solution for man's perplexing problems.All teachings are carefully researched and on the Bible.JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES go to peoples' home both near and far as far as the remotest part of the earth,bringing goodnews to all and comforting those in distress-next time you see the witnesses at your door please listern to what they have to say.THE WITNESSES ARE POLITICALY NUETRAL.
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by francis247(m): 3:15pm On Jul 09, 2012
logicboy01:

Kumuyi is a fraud as well.

The problem does not stop at pastors. Christianity is a fraud . There is no God.

[img]http://3.bp..com/_t6rV3U9ZEHM/TPlNrROis0I/AAAAAAAA-TA/3FaewMi7X04/s1600/GoodWithoutGod.jpg[/img]
There is no fake without ORIGINAL, because the fake have "outnumbered" the original does change the fact that before the fake was an original and still is.
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by baslone: 3:16pm On Jul 09, 2012
pcicero:

Really, with the Ayatollahs, Saddam Husseins, Osamas and organisations like AlQaeda, Hamas, Hezbollah et.al Religion of peace (piss) my foot!

Eeyaaa! sorry!!! Truth hurts ma brother! Can see you are finding it all hard to swallow!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Do You Always Sleep In Church? / Olukoya Files Fresh N2bn Libel Suit Against Sowore, Sahara Reporters / How Can A Christian Friend Who Still Masturbates Come Out Of It? ( Please Help )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.