Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,452 members, 7,823,062 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

Which Shud I Buy Hp Pavilion Dv6 Or Hp Pavilion G6? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Which Shud I Buy Hp Pavilion Dv6 Or Hp Pavilion G6? (8729 Views)

Buy Hp Pavilion Dv4 #35000. Click For Details. / Please Help Dell Inspiron 5040 Or Hp Probook 4530s / Why Buy Hp When There's Acer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Shud I Buy Hp Pavilion Dv6 Or Hp Pavilion G6? by callydon(m): 4:20pm On Jul 08, 2012
Plz guys am really in need of a new laptop nw n after a lot of research i've narrowed it down to dis two laptops:HP DV6 n HP G6.
Am really confused on which one 2go for.
Please people help Me make a choice n plz giv a reason 4ur choice,also wots d price of d two laptops?
NB:If u dn't lik d two laptops jst suggest a better one but it shud av a 15inch screen n atleast 2GB RAM.
Thanks.
Re: Which Shud I Buy Hp Pavilion Dv6 Or Hp Pavilion G6? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jul 08, 2012
DV6 is better. Due to its dedicated video memory. Most g6 has shared memory. You don't know what it means? Ask google.
Re: Which Shud I Buy Hp Pavilion Dv6 Or Hp Pavilion G6? by callydon(m): 8:35am On Jul 09, 2012
Plz people still waiting for ur comments on which one to buy as I need 2make a decision very FAST
Re: Which Shud I Buy Hp Pavilion Dv6 Or Hp Pavilion G6? by Nobody: 11:08am On Jul 10, 2012
I have a HP pavilion dv6 laptop 4GB 500GB 15.6" 105k plus original antivirus straight from US. Cal
Re: Which Shud I Buy Hp Pavilion Dv6 Or Hp Pavilion G6? by henryskywalker2003(m): 12:07pm On Jul 10, 2012
Highbros: DV6 is better. Due to its dedicated video memory. Most g6 has shared memory. You don't know what it means? Ask google.

Dude, stop giving out false info about stuff you re not so certain about. I have a G6 with an AMD Vision E2 dual core processor with 2GB total VGA mem with 512mb dedicated. All systems have both dedicated and shared video memory, the main thing u shuld be concerned with is how much of each do you have. Most common Intel VGA have just 64mb of 1-2GB dedicated while NVIDIA and AMD/ATI usually have at least 512mb dedicated.
@op, I advise u to go with the one that has the specs that meets ur needs at the same time, u can find the same specs on both models regardless.
Re: Which Shud I Buy Hp Pavilion Dv6 Or Hp Pavilion G6? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jul 10, 2012
@OP, I don't know much about HP, but I can authoritatively tell you to get either a Dell XPS 15, Dell Inspiron 15R Special Edition, or a Dell Inspiron 17R Special Edition. You'll love 'em. Just google 'em.
Re: Which Shud I Buy Hp Pavilion Dv6 Or Hp Pavilion G6? by sonety2k(m): 6:29pm On Jul 10, 2012
cool
Re: Which Shud I Buy Hp Pavilion Dv6 Or Hp Pavilion G6? by enquirydon: 6:36am On Jul 12, 2012
better go 4 G6,we offer any of this system at cheaper rate 2 our customers , #85,000 above core i3 processor 08035057766
Re: Which Shud I Buy Hp Pavilion Dv6 Or Hp Pavilion G6? by Nobody: 10:13am On Jul 12, 2012
henryskywalker2003:

Dude, stop giving out false info about stuff you re not so certain about. I have a G6 with an AMD Vision E2 dual core processor with 2GB total VGA mem with 512mb dedicated. All systems have both dedicated and shared video memory, the main thing u shuld be concerned with is how much of each do you have. Most common Intel VGA have just 64mb of 1-2GB dedicated while NVIDIA and AMD/ATI usually have at least 512mb dedicated.
@op, I advise u to go with the one that has the specs that meets ur needs at the same time, u can find the same specs on both models regardless.
Okay, can you explain why DV6 is more expensive?
Re: Which Shud I Buy Hp Pavilion Dv6 Or Hp Pavilion G6? by henryskywalker2003(m): 11:29pm On Jul 12, 2012
Highbros:
Okay, can you explain why DV6 is more expensive?

@Highbros, they are targeted at different consumers. Plus the DV6 has a metallic body as against the more plastic body of the G6. on the average, better specs are put into a DV6 than in the G6 for instance, the processors found in the G6 are usually the dual core range while in the DV6, u'll see more of quad core (I know you'll say that they both have the same Core i3/i5 processors but when u really check it well, u'll find out that one is a dual core i5/i3 while the other is a quad). All these factors come into play in the pricing of a laptop.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Make Free Call On Glo To Any Network / 60 Million Nigerians To Have Internet Access By 2013 / Clean Apple Macbook Pro Core I5, 8GB Ram 500gb Hdd 7hours Backup At Cheap Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.