Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,724 members, 7,816,977 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:55 PM

First Bank, GTB, Zenith ,4 Others Listed Among Top 1000 Banks - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / First Bank, GTB, Zenith ,4 Others Listed Among Top 1000 Banks (8657 Views)

Nine Nigerian Banks Make Top 1000 Global Banks List / Segun Agbaje's Performance As Guarantee Trust Bank (GTB) MD / 9 Nigerian Banks Make Top 1000 World Banks Ranking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Bank, GTB, Zenith ,4 Others Listed Among Top 1000 Banks by feyisejoy(m): 8:11pm On Jul 09, 2012
Wonder shall never end, though, Zenith and all those listed bank deserve the ranking but in term of loan aspect, Zenith bank is the worst in the whole universe. I never see bank as stingy as zenith in term of giving loan. thumb up for Gtb, the best bank all round... in term of service and any oyher things you want to talk about bank, It gives me assurance that Nigeria can get there. Up GTB!
Re: First Bank, GTB, Zenith ,4 Others Listed Among Top 1000 Banks by kolexy(m): 8:24pm On Jul 09, 2012
looplat:

Five Yoruba banks and the other two from old western region. We are the best.

Bros, must we tribalise everything? Smh...........
Re: First Bank, GTB, Zenith ,4 Others Listed Among Top 1000 Banks by Thereishel: 8:40pm On Jul 09, 2012

WHY SHOULD YOU PPL BE MAD because OF A TRUTH. THIS IS NOT TRIBALISM AT ALL; THESE BANKS ARE PART OF ODUA INVESTMENT CORPORATION
Re: First Bank, GTB, Zenith ,4 Others Listed Among Top 1000 Banks by stupor(m): 9:11pm On Jul 09, 2012
If they are not among the first Hundred,then why all the hype and hullabaloo for !
Re: First Bank, GTB, Zenith ,4 Others Listed Among Top 1000 Banks by Sike(m): 9:15pm On Jul 09, 2012
neosmyt: first bank? Ewoo, hw come
I Wonder o!
Re: First Bank, GTB, Zenith ,4 Others Listed Among Top 1000 Banks by chioma134: 9:34pm On Jul 09, 2012
Kudos to the named banks. Every issue must not be tribalized. Nigeria: Good people,Great nation.
http://diary-of-a-network-marketer..com/
Re: First Bank, GTB, Zenith ,4 Others Listed Among Top 1000 Banks by himself1214(m): 10:04pm On Jul 09, 2012
Words of advice,these are d real genuine bank to trade with,beware of other banks
Re: First Bank, GTB, Zenith ,4 Others Listed Among Top 1000 Banks by PaulJohn1: 10:23pm On Jul 09, 2012
Thereishel: Five Yoruba banks and the other two from old western region. We are the best.

WHY SHOULD YOU PPL BE MAD because OF A TRUTH. THIS IS NOT TRIBALISM AT ALL; THESE BANKS ARE PART OF ODUA INVESTMENT CORPORATION

So? Would you guys grow up and pretend to be matured for ones. No one is arguing with you about the ownership. And what have you gained from been tribalistic?

Seriously, some people need to visit a psychiatrist embarassed
Re: First Bank, GTB, Zenith ,4 Others Listed Among Top 1000 Banks by easyz(m): 10:38pm On Jul 09, 2012
looplat:

meaning what? I don't know why people talk like this.
Re: First Bank, GTB, Zenith ,4 Others Listed Among Top 1000 Banks by tunapawizzy: 10:47pm On Jul 09, 2012
looplat:

I am a core Yoruba man(ogidi omo Yoruba) but my guy I am ashamed of u. So after reading dt post this was the first thing ur brain could process. Ur IQ processor is faulty.

2 Likes

Re: First Bank, GTB, Zenith ,4 Others Listed Among Top 1000 Banks by tunes2k10(m): 11:12pm On Jul 09, 2012
What are u guys happy for? That seven tiny Nigerian banks made the 1000 list. Did u guys see the figures of Bank of American compared to Zenith,159.2b to 2b. What this means is Bank of American can buy up the Nig banking sector without blinking.
Re: First Bank, GTB, Zenith ,4 Others Listed Among Top 1000 Banks by antitpiah: 12:38am On Jul 10, 2012
First Bank = Controlled by Yoruba Intelligentsia

GTB = Authentically Yoruba

FCMB = Authentically Yoruba

Skye = Authentically Yoruba

Access = Stabilized by a Yoruba mans ingenuity, hard work and intellect

Thank God I am Yoruba. We rock!

Even Zenith, if not for the Yoruba people working there, the bank would have been liquidated like Apex ( Emeka Offor ) and Savannah Bank ( Jim Nwobodo). Ibo people, you cant trust them with anything. Always relying on Yoruba people for their prosperity and survival.
Re: First Bank, GTB, Zenith ,4 Others Listed Among Top 1000 Banks by Nickyspice(f): 5:17am On Jul 10, 2012
solomon111: you are brain dead!
None of these banks belong to a yoruba man.
SMH.
hahahahaha, na wa oh
Re: First Bank, GTB, Zenith ,4 Others Listed Among Top 1000 Banks by Nickyspice(f): 5:19am On Jul 10, 2012
antitpiah: First Bank = Controlled by Yoruba Intelligentsia

Even Zenith, if not for the Yoruba people working there, the bank would have been liquidated like Apex ( Emeka Offor ) and Savannah Bank ( Jim Nwobodo). Ibo people, you cant trust them with anything. Always relying on Yoruba people for their prosperity and survival.
guy wake up nd stop dreaming!
Re: First Bank, GTB, Zenith ,4 Others Listed Among Top 1000 Banks by executinal(m): 6:34am On Jul 10, 2012
Were is JAIZ BANK ? angry
Oya SLS i need answer sharp sharp
Re: First Bank, GTB, Zenith ,4 Others Listed Among Top 1000 Banks by Nobody: 8:24am On Jul 10, 2012
antitpiah: First Bank = Controlled by Yoruba Intelligentsia

This post should be hidden. angry

1 Like

Re: First Bank, GTB, Zenith ,4 Others Listed Among Top 1000 Banks by chucky234(m): 8:32am On Jul 10, 2012
mk yusuf: smileyKudos to SLS
See wetin mumu dey do you,what's has this got to do with your dumb SLS? The rating were based on capital tier of the banks,if you are to give credit then it should have gone to Soludo who recapitalized the banks. Beside this rating has no benefit to the Nigerian economy,as far as I am concern the rating just show us what each bank worth and not their relevance in the economy.

If the rating were based on effective service to customers then such useless banks like First bank and UBA wouldn't have being in that list with their zero customer friendly banking services.
Re: First Bank, GTB, Zenith ,4 Others Listed Among Top 1000 Banks by Pukkah: 9:43am On Jul 10, 2012
yyb14: i think banking reforms embarkd upon by SLS has begun to yield results. carry go mallam more greases to ur elbows

Please don't stand history on its head. The banking reforms were started by Professor Charles Soludo with the banking consolidation of 2004 which increased the share capital of banks to N25billion.
Re: First Bank, GTB, Zenith ,4 Others Listed Among Top 1000 Banks by popin5(m): 10:14am On Jul 10, 2012
looplat:

do u hv 2b sentimental about it
Re: First Bank, GTB, Zenith ,4 Others Listed Among Top 1000 Banks by sensydin: 11:00am On Jul 10, 2012
Good Omen! the Financial sector is stepping up for good.
Re: First Bank, GTB, Zenith ,4 Others Listed Among Top 1000 Banks by ibi1: 11:36am On Jul 10, 2012
We shouldn't be deceived by dz list at all, do we know our many times legacy oceanic bank won banker's bank of the year? Two times, yet we all know wot eventually happened to it. A good bank shd be selected not only on there capital base, but on both customer service n customer friendly products. I ask the percentage of impact dz banks has left in the lifes of ordinary Nigerian, all dey do is still there money in the name of charges. May God help us
Re: First Bank, GTB, Zenith ,4 Others Listed Among Top 1000 Banks by ibi1: 11:39am On Jul 10, 2012
We shouldn't be deceived by dz list at all, do we know our many times legacy oceanic bank won banker's bank of the year? Two times, yet we all knew wot eventually happened to it. A good bank shd be selected not only on there capital base, but on both customer service n customer friendly products. I ask, the percentage of impact dz banks has left in the lives of ordinary Nigerian, all dey do is deduct there money in the name of charges. May God help us
Re: First Bank, GTB, Zenith ,4 Others Listed Among Top 1000 Banks by Dauchman(m): 1:22pm On Jul 10, 2012
Ridiculous!!!!
For the ignorant ones amongst us, having a large capital base does not make you a serious bank. If you want a really authentic list, you should visit forbes. You will need to know what the capiatl to earnings ratio is, etc. There are lots of other indices that are used to measure a banks worth. Capital occupies a small place amongst those indices.
Re: First Bank, GTB, Zenith ,4 Others Listed Among Top 1000 Banks by stupor(m): 1:35pm On Jul 10, 2012
shizzle11:

You're a f.o.o.l of the highest order

Sorry to say,am a Yoruba,but I have no doubt that you a brain-dead fool as you being called !

Ise ile lo n ba de ta !

Alai ni ironu de ni e !

Oponu ! Fool !
Re: First Bank, GTB, Zenith ,4 Others Listed Among Top 1000 Banks by stupor(m): 1:49pm On Jul 10, 2012
Hmm
Re: First Bank, GTB, Zenith ,4 Others Listed Among Top 1000 Banks by stupor(m): 2:06pm On Jul 10, 2012
Paul John:

So? Would you guys grow up and pretend to be matured for ones. No one is arguing with you about the ownership. And what have you gained from been tribalistic?

Seriously, some people need to visit a psychiatrist embarassed

@ Paul John !
I feel your concern bros !
Haa ! I now see that not everybody that can read or write is sane !

Its not a pity ! Its a problem,I now see why people fail exams or don't pass interviews !

What is the relationship of your being a yoruba boy with a publicly quoted bank with its liquidity position now !

This is one of the defects of Technology,while everyone is happy positively using it,some fools in their villages who stole their Uncles Phone have left the cocoa planting in their farms,becos they can write and post rubbish as thses on NL,is not a a little adverse of the internet ?

Opo nu ode ! (A fool)

Am a yoruba ! But I feel like slapping all these idiots rubbish my Yoruba-Clan integrity if Technology could permit me !
Re: First Bank, GTB, Zenith ,4 Others Listed Among Top 1000 Banks by Tropilo(m): 2:14pm On Jul 10, 2012
How many of these banks mentioned pay dividends to their share holders? I own shares in Skye and have not received a kobo for 6 years. ECOBANK pay dividends yearly and on time, even in US Dollars, yet they did not make the list. I think the criterium for judging is very faulty.
Banks are usually rated by assets, liquidity, returns to it investors/share holders instead of the mundane criteria listed in the post.
Re: First Bank, GTB, Zenith ,4 Others Listed Among Top 1000 Banks by KayDee4: 3:03pm On Jul 10, 2012
Tropilo: How many of these banks mentioned pay dividends to their share holders? I own shares in Skye and have not received a kobo for 6 years. ECOBANK pay dividends yearly and on time, even in US Dollars, yet they did not make the list. I think the criterium for judging is very faulty.
Banks are usually rated by assets, liquidity, returns to it investors/share holders instead of the mundane criteria listed in the post.

[size=13pt]
They do. First Bank, Zenith and Access payments are always on time.
[/size]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dangote, MTN, Others Lose N1.7 Trillion To Naira Depreciation / Name Search Is Free, So Why Are Nigerian Banks Charging 5000 Naira For It? / How I Made Millions Within Months - A True Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.