Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,530 members, 7,954,991 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:45 PM

Mind Control Mechanisms In Religions. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mind Control Mechanisms In Religions. (4571 Views)

Emphasis on Sex in religions breeds offenders / Mind Control Drugs Used By Ritualist And Robbers.. / Symbolism,Satanism,Illuminati,and Mind Control in Music (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Mind Control Mechanisms In Religions. by Ptolomeus(m): 9:55pm On Jul 10, 2012
I do not believe in a religion forum, you can convince someone to change their beliefs. I would like to make a call to peace.
I do not think that atheists are fools, nor do I think anyone who believes in a god is silly. The problem arises when fanaticism us makes us believe we have the whole truth, and the others are enemies. That is not so.
I do not think that atheists or Catholics, or the Islamists are my enemies ... Simply, they think differently ... and they have every right to do so, and I have my right to think.
The issue is not to convince anyone, but to exchange opinions and information. I do not agree with the "capture" of followers, I believe in self-determination of each person.
Re: Mind Control Mechanisms In Religions. by cyrexx: 9:58pm On Jul 10, 2012
truthislight: i dont think that a god that it followers can deceive with expensive offering is worth being call a god. Even when they do what is bad they go for offering. (Bribe)

Actually, the truth is that religion is guilty big time, in there involvement in the trouble in human history.
I thing god should operate at a very high frequency higher than human's. Frequency.

Eternal torment is absurd.
Not when God says he is love. And not when the person involve are not the originator of the weakness imperfection, they just inherited it.

I wonder what any of my child will do that will make me roast even one of his hand on a burner, i mean for just some minute not to talk of eternity.
Well for me, i will say, its good that not all religion that teaches this.
Peace.

i agree with you there

you are so on point
Re: Mind Control Mechanisms In Religions. by MrAnony1(m): 10:12pm On Jul 10, 2012
cyrexx: @ Mr Anony

exactly just like i predicted you would

1. did i say brainwashing and fear ALONE? of course, research and knowledge is advancing, others can make further observation and add to my point, but unlike you close minded religionsits, i am open to shift my position if there is any evidence that proves me wrong. This is opposite to you, who approach every issue from the standpoint of "i am right, you are wrong and i want to help you to be right". What is that, if not myopic bigotry under religious delusions.

2. you say others come to religion because they admire it's teachings or admired the lifestyle of it's adherents or witnessed a miracle in their lives. so if i admire buddhism and join them and witness a miracle in my life, does that make it a true religion and others false and thus justifies the wrong belief that all non-buddhist are going to hell? you think you are sounding logical, but you are really displaying some illogicallities and ignorance here.

3. again just like i predicted in my third point before, red shirt and blue shirt compared to religious dogmatism. as much as i'm exercising self-control here, i cannot but call this a very silly argument, just look at it again and see for yourself, what's the correllation. i wont even reply this

4. again, you talk about people being brainwashed into atheism, does that change the fact that religion brainwashes children to their belief. What those Chinese as well as religionists are doing are BOTH WRONG!!!. You just think that by attacking atheism you are justifying your religion. Wrong and childish. I'm not even fighting for atheism. The fact that I am an atheist doesn't mean i want everybody to be an atheist. You will understand if you read my post in its entirety instead of glancing over to see "weak points" where you might attack my logic. read my post again in its entirety, especially the last 3 paragraphs.

5. you said you will like to talk to me personally. i dont mind. though i disagree with most of your views, i hold you in high regards. and i will gladly entertain personal discussions with you
but if your mission is to convert a "prodigal son" then forget it. i'm done with religion FOREVER. dont even waste your energy on me that you can gainfully spend to convert some more "gullible souls". i have not found any evidence of any god/God anywhere. and i aint going back to no religion.

1. I don't approach every issue from "I am right and you are wrong" I approach every issue from the point of "God is right and we are either right or wrong".
Of course you didn't say brainwashing and fear alone but those were the ONLY reasons you gave so I had nothing else to point to.

2. My bone in this thread is not which religion is true but whether fear and brainwashing are the how religion is propagated.

3. The red shirt/blue shirt analogy wasn't in comparison to religious dogma but to your method of argument. I am surprised you didn't get that.

4. My friend, I read your post thoroughly. Thank God we both agree that what is wrong is wrong no matter who does it. I guess you're probably beginning to think that I like to pick on you but that is not the case. All I say is if you are going to write an unbiased piece then research properly and write one.

5. I am also done with religion myself and I am not going back to it forever. I became a christian after I had tasted religion, tasted atheism and then I came to know Christ. That's why it puzzles me when you say you knew Christ and then you turned away. We'll talk someday I hope.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can One Really Purchase The Holyspirit By His Own Effort? / Why Does An Interacting God Need Arguments For Its Existence? / Ask An European Atheist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.