Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,533 members, 7,826,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

Why Does An Interacting God Need Arguments For Its Existence? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Does An Interacting God Need Arguments For Its Existence? (4224 Views)

Terrible Arguments For The Exsitence Of God / Why Would God Need A Son In The Programme Of Redemption / Arguments For God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does An Interacting God Need Arguments For Its Existence? by LordReed(m): 7:13am On Jan 09, 2019
The go to analogy I have is does the sun need arguments for its existence?

People disagree with my analogy by saying god is an entity outside our universe. OK so when an entity outside of something interacts with it does it not produce recordable effect within it?

I see no reason to argue a god or gods into existence, I think its more practicable to either observe or demonstrate its or their existence.

11 Likes

Re: Why Does An Interacting God Need Arguments For Its Existence? by Nobody: 7:17am On Jan 09, 2019
Exactly. An omnipotent God that operates in our reality needs no argument for his existence. Christians love to act as if the burden of proof doesn't rest on them regarding this issue and they expect atheists to provide evidence of his non-existence. If that's not insanity, I don't know what is.

8 Likes

Re: Why Does An Interacting God Need Arguments For Its Existence? by Shelumiel: 7:25am On Jan 09, 2019
Atheist are the most confuse sort in this world ...wahalahi

1 Like

Re: Why Does An Interacting God Need Arguments For Its Existence? by Nobody: 7:31am On Jan 09, 2019
Shelumiel:
Atheist are the most confuse sort in this world ...wahalahi
Because we have the intelligence to question our beliefs and search for meaningful evidence to back it up rather than blindly doing whatever a religious cult leader commands? Yeah, sure. We're very confused.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Does An Interacting God Need Arguments For Its Existence? by Ihedinobi3: 7:33am On Jan 09, 2019
God doesn't need arguments for His Existence and no Christian worth his salt would ever waste his time offering you one. It has always been atheists who demand it like His Existence is not sufficiently obvious. That you demand it does not mean that He needs it.

1 Like

Re: Why Does An Interacting God Need Arguments For Its Existence? by Originakalokalo(m): 7:34am On Jan 09, 2019
Atheism is one of the oldest believe in the world.

Yet, it is not popular.

Now, over 5 billion people believe in the existence of a god /God. That makes atheism A BRAIN DISORDER.

you guys are not much. So, there won't be a stampede when you guys go to hell.

Atheists do not have any business being in a kingdom of a God who they do not believe in.

So, unless you repent and get converted,

You go straight on a jet to hell ...Fast and Furious.

1 Like

Re: Why Does An Interacting God Need Arguments For Its Existence? by Originakalokalo(m): 7:38am On Jan 09, 2019
God is a spirit.

God said. Draw closer to me and I will draw closer to you. ...When he draws closer to you, you get all the evidence you will need to sustain you till the very end.

.....and a whole lot more.

1 Like

Re: Why Does An Interacting God Need Arguments For Its Existence? by Nobody: 7:44am On Jan 09, 2019
Originakalokalo:

Yet, it is not popular.

Now, over 5 billion people believe in the existence of a god /God. That makes atheism A BRAIN DISORDER.

Atheists do not have any business being in a kingdom of a God who they do not believe in.

Atheism is not a belief. It's a rejection of religion. And about the popularity of christianity...

https://bigthink.com/paul-ratner/which-world-religion-will-dominate-in-the-future
https://www.pulse.ng/communities/religion/atheism-study-shows-that-christianity-is-dying-among-american-teenagers/n4pj2gr
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/mar/21/christianity-non-christian-europe-young-people-survey-religion
https://www.psychologytoday.com/intl/blog/the-secular-life/201705/christianity-is-dying-in-the-united-kingdom

Christianity has been dying slowly. You christians have all just been too absorbed in your delusion to notice

3 Likes

Re: Why Does An Interacting God Need Arguments For Its Existence? by Shelumiel: 7:51am On Jan 09, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:

Because we have the intelligence to question our beliefs and search for meaningful evidence to back it up rather than blindly doing whatever a religious cult leader commands? Yeah, sure. We're very confused.
Get lost ! Dumb ass

2 Likes

Re: Why Does An Interacting God Need Arguments For Its Existence? by LordReed(m): 7:52am On Jan 09, 2019
Ihedinobi3:
God doesn't need arguments for His Existence and no Christian worth his salt would ever waste his time offering you one. It has always been atheists who demand it like His Existence is not sufficiently obvious. That you demand it does not mean that He needs it.

But you do. You keep offering up the teleological argument for the existence of the god.

3 Likes

Re: Why Does An Interacting God Need Arguments For Its Existence? by CodeTemplar: 7:56am On Jan 09, 2019
Originakalokalo:

Yet, it is not popular.

I love this. Mad men are termed mad because majority see them as mad and so atheist will always be the odd one out because they are minority.
Re: Why Does An Interacting God Need Arguments For Its Existence? by Ihedinobi3: 8:00am On Jan 09, 2019
LordReed:

But you do. You keep offering up the teleological argument for the existence of the god.
The argument of which you speak, while similar to the teleological argument, is not identical with it. Still, you dismissed it as an "inept argument", remember? We already discussed it before. It is an argument that is not worth making to anyone who rejects the Existence of God since you would be appealing to evidence that they already consider inadmissible.

So, what I do is essentially say, "but it's obvious that God exists". That's not quite the same as offering you any kind of proof that He does.
Re: Why Does An Interacting God Need Arguments For Its Existence? by Nobody: 8:01am On Jan 09, 2019
Shelumiel:
Get lost ! Dumb ass
Shut up, you autistic misery!

4 Likes

Re: Why Does An Interacting God Need Arguments For Its Existence? by Shelumiel: 8:04am On Jan 09, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:
Shut up, you autistic misery!
Dumb ass!

1 Like

Re: Why Does An Interacting God Need Arguments For Its Existence? by LordReed(m): 8:15am On Jan 09, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

The argument of which you speak, while similar to the teleological argument, is not identical with it. Still, you dismissed it as an "inept argument", remember? We already discussed it before. It is an argument that is not worth making to anyone who rejects the Existence of God since you would be appealing to evidence that they already consider inadmissible.

So, what I do is essentially say, "but it's obvious that God exists". That's not quite the same as offering you any kind of proof that He does.

Of course I know you aren't offering proof, did I say otherwise?

Its not just similar it is the teleological argument. And it is a highly flawed one.
Re: Why Does An Interacting God Need Arguments For Its Existence? by Nobody: 8:16am On Jan 09, 2019
Shelumiel:
Dumb ass!
Braindead loser!

5 Likes

Re: Why Does An Interacting God Need Arguments For Its Existence? by OpenYourEyes1: 8:26am On Jan 09, 2019
LordReed:

People disagree with my analogy by saying god is an entity outside our universe. OK so when an entity outside of something interacts with it does it not produce recordable effect within it?

I see no reason to argue a god or gods into existence, I think its more practicable to either observe or demonstrate its or their existence.

You are referring to your worthless god/gods not the Creator of universe. Small letter gods did not create the Universe.
Use the proper God if that is who you are referring to.
Re: Why Does An Interacting God Need Arguments For Its Existence? by LordReed(m): 8:28am On Jan 09, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:

You are referring to your worthless god/gods not the Creator of universe. Small letter gods do not create the Universe.
Use the proper God if that is who you are referring to.

All so described beings remain god or gods until proven otherwise, no exceptions.

3 Likes

Re: Why Does An Interacting God Need Arguments For Its Existence? by OpenYourEyes1: 8:34am On Jan 09, 2019
LordReed:

All so described beings remain god or gods until proven otherwise, no exceptions.
The gods you do not believe exist?
You unknowingly contradict yourself always.
Re: Why Does An Interacting God Need Arguments For Its Existence? by LordReed(m): 8:38am On Jan 09, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:

The gods you do not believe exist?
You unknowingly contradict yourself always.

LoL! Cinderella doesnt exist but has a personal name. Do you understand how naming things work?

2 Likes

Re: Why Does An Interacting God Need Arguments For Its Existence? by bolinjkezzy(m): 8:41am On Jan 09, 2019
Just like something I read somewhere, if the man up sky want to show people he exist he just need to appear at a football fields, he will appear to millions of people a day instead of appearing to one person in cave and telling him to tell us about him.....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does An Interacting God Need Arguments For Its Existence? by Ihedinobi3: 9:13am On Jan 09, 2019
LordReed:

Of course I know you aren't offering proof, did I say otherwise?

Its not just similar it is the teleological argument. And it is a highly flawed one.
Proof is what arguments are supposed to give.

The teleological argument says that the evidence of design in creation is proof that it was made by a designer. My argument - the biblical one - is that the fact of Creation is itself proof of a Creator. The design evident only addresses the Nature of the Creator, not the fact of His Existence.
Re: Why Does An Interacting God Need Arguments For Its Existence? by LordReed(m): 10:05am On Jan 09, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

Proof is what arguments are supposed to give.

The teleological argument says that the evidence of design in creation is proof that it was made by a designer. My argument - the biblical one - is that the fact of Creation is itself proof of a Creator. The design evident only addresses the Nature of the Creator, not the fact of His Existence.

Can it have a nature without existence? Yes if it is a fairytale.
Re: Why Does An Interacting God Need Arguments For Its Existence? by tintingz(m): 10:21am On Jan 09, 2019
Originakalokalo:

Yet, it is not popular.

If you look at history of most popular religion with high population which is Christianity and Islam, it was spread with violence and force so I'm not surprise.

Atheism is growing day by day especially in the west.
Re: Why Does An Interacting God Need Arguments For Its Existence? by tintingz(m): 10:23am On Jan 09, 2019
LordReed:

Lol, it's funny how God suddenly go hidden when we now have cameras, television and phones.

1 Like

Re: Why Does An Interacting God Need Arguments For Its Existence? by Originakalokalo(m): 10:29am On Jan 09, 2019
tintingz:
If you look at history of most popular religion with high population which is Christianity and Islam, it was spread with violence and force so I'm not surprise.

Atheism is growing day by day especially in the west.

I don't want you to deceive yourself.

You need to repent and be converted.

1 Like

Re: Why Does An Interacting God Need Arguments For Its Existence? by Originakalokalo(m): 10:30am On Jan 09, 2019
tintingz:
Lol, it's funny how God suddenly go hidden when we now have cameras, television and phones.

This one wants to capture a spirit on camera. So much for smartness and intelligence of the atheists....

Smh.

God is a spirit.
Re: Why Does An Interacting God Need Arguments For Its Existence? by LordReed(m): 10:33am On Jan 09, 2019
tintingz:

Even the devil that is supposedly the controller of this world refuses to show up for photo or video shoots. I mean what better way to make the god seem useless than by appearing with all its demons? If I were the satan I would throw the biggest televised continuous party ever, to show how much better than the god I am. LMFAO!

3 Likes

Re: Why Does An Interacting God Need Arguments For Its Existence? by Ihedinobi3: 10:34am On Jan 09, 2019
LordReed:

Can it have a nature without existence? Yes if it is a fairytale.
Atheism is an absurd position so I understand how it is easy for atheists to gravitate to absurdity.

What I said is that my argument is not the same as the teleological argument. The proof is that while the teleological attempts to prove that the design in creation is evidence for the existence of a creating Intelligence behind it, mine presents the fact of Creation at all (design is not at all important in my argument) as proof of the Existence of a Creator. The design apparent in creation is only important in my argument for identifying the Creator. That is, whether Allah, Brahmin or the Flying Spaghetti Monster is the Creator can be determined by comparing what is known about them to the attributes of Creation. If there is a consistency, then we can conclude that the candidate whose nature is most consistent with the attributes of creation must be God.

1 Like

Re: Why Does An Interacting God Need Arguments For Its Existence? by tintingz(m): 10:39am On Jan 09, 2019
Originakalokalo:

This one wants to capture a spirit on camera. So much for smartness and intelligence of the atheists....

Smh.

God is a spirit.

Lol, you don't get, we can read in the Bible how Yahweh was doing big wonders from left to right and people all see it, now that we have phones, internet, cameras, television etc suddenly we don't see such?. Why?
Re: Why Does An Interacting God Need Arguments For Its Existence? by Ubenedictus(m): 10:40am On Jan 09, 2019
LordReed:

what other recordable effect do you want if the creation and preservation of the universe is insufficient for you?
I just remembered a passage of scripture that says even if someone came back from d dead to preach to them they still wont believe.
Re: Why Does An Interacting God Need Arguments For Its Existence? by tintingz(m): 10:40am On Jan 09, 2019
LordReed:

Even the devil that is supposedly the controller of this world refuses to show up for photo or video shoots. I mean what better way to make the god seem useless than by appearing with all its demons? If I were the satan I would throw the biggest televised continuous party ever, to show how much better than the god I am. LMFAO!
Lol. the delusion of religion.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Is The Interpretation Of The Dream Of Seeing Washed Bitter Leaf? / Even Pastors Use Police Security / Im Confused Abt This Christian Theory...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.