Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,182 members, 7,845,880 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

I Love This Guy But I Hate These Fools - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Love This Guy But I Hate These Fools (698 Views)

"Yes, I Hate Okocha" - Sunday Oliseh / "Tb Joshua I Love You" - Screamed Ogenyi Onazi / I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Love This Guy But I Hate These Fools by surugede(m): 7:57pm On Dec 03, 2007
the NFA are a bunch of fools

thumb up to Kanu

Eagles will play for free - Kanu

Super Eagles captain Nwankwo Kanu has told Kick Off that last weekend's meeting with NFA top guns was unnecessary as the players have resolved to do their best for the country starting from the Nations Cup, whether they are paid or not.

NFA chairman Sani Lulu Abdullahi led a team of top NFA officials to England over the weekend to meet with Kanu and other senior players ahead of next year's African Nations Cup, but the Portsmouth striker told Kick Off exclusively that the FA could have saved themselves the trouble.

"I have spoken to most of the players, and we have all agreed that we are tired of this issue of money money all the time," Kanu stated. "We have decided that if they want they can pay us, if they dont want to pay us its okay, but we will come to the Nations Cup and do our best for the country.

Kanu said the players had already done the same thing on at least three occasions, and would be prepared to do so again.

"We did not get any money when we played against Kenya, the same thing against Lesotho and so instead of complaining all the time, we don't want to talk about money anymore. Our job is to play football, so we want to go to Ghana and do our best to make the country proud.

"Let us not allow money issues to become the headline for us. That is the position we have taken."
source http://www.kickoffnigeria.com/stories/story9145.html

Re: I Love This Guy But I Hate These Fools by McOmo(m): 8:11pm On Dec 03, 2007
instead make hin talk say hin wango score hin 1st nations cup goal by all means tongue grin

whats all this yarns about patriotism undecided

naija players and patriotism just dont fit, not to talk of the silly muppets that make up the nfa angry

(1) (Reply)

Realest Nigerian Ever / Adebayor Wins Bbc Player Award / Get The Best Of African Dating Sites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.