Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,989 members, 7,810,755 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:41 PM

I Have Video Evidence Of Lawan Collecting Bribe - Otedola Insists - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Have Video Evidence Of Lawan Collecting Bribe - Otedola Insists (7694 Views)

Patrick Sawyer Is A Liberian Ebola Medical Terrorist, i have VIDEO evidence !!! / LASTMA Official Caught On Tape Collecting Bribe / I ‘ve Video Evidence On Murder Of Abacha, Abiola – Al-mustapha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have Video Evidence Of Lawan Collecting Bribe - Otedola Insists by airmark(m): 3:00am On Jul 10, 2012
The House of Representatives Committee on Ethics came under further scrutiny, yesterday, after oil magnate, Mr Femi Otedola, accused one of its members of lying in his account of Otedola’s controversial appearance before the committee last Tuesday.

Responding to published comments where Rep. Ibrahim Bello, a member of the committee was quoted as saying that Otedola told the committee that he did not have the video recording of his transaction with Rep. Farouk Lawan, Otedola affirmed that he never told the committee anything as such.

Otedola had in the past insisted that he is in possession of audio and video recording of Lawan negotiating and collecting the bribe money.
The misrepresentation, he said, was another reason why the Ethics Committee must be prevailed upon to hold its investigations into the scam in public.

Responding to the comments by Bello, Otedola speaking through his lawyer, Babajide Koku, SAN said: “For the avoidance of doubt, we wish to state categorically that the statement credited to Hon. Ibrahim Bello is entirely false and calculated to misrepresent and misinform the public as to what transpired during the closed door hearing held by the House Committee on July 3, 2012.”

“We wish to state further, that there are video and audio recordings corroborating our client’s account of what transpired between him and Hon. Farouk Lawan.

“It is pertinent to emphasise that our client at no time during the proceedings of the House Committee on Ethics and Privileges denied the authenticity of the audio recordings broadcast by the media but only stated that he was not the one that gave the audio recordings to the media houses.”

“This further gives credence to our clients believe that it is in the interest of truth and justice that any hearing into the allegation of bribery against Hon. Farouk Lawan must be held in public and in an unbiased and transparent manner.”

Source http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/07/i-ve-video-evidence-of-lawan-collecting-bribe-otedola-insists/

House of Representative, over to you. Dramaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

1 Like

Re: I Have Video Evidence Of Lawan Collecting Bribe - Otedola Insists by Okijajuju1(m): 9:26am On Jul 10, 2012
I hope to fhucking God that he does.. Preferably in HD..

These Reps Niggas are out to fhuck him up badly..
Re: I Have Video Evidence Of Lawan Collecting Bribe - Otedola Insists by Slizbeat(m): 9:28am On Jul 10, 2012
Otedola really gave him the bribe(my thoughts). This is getting interesting.
Re: I Have Video Evidence Of Lawan Collecting Bribe - Otedola Insists by Moderrator: 9:28am On Jul 10, 2012
lol.
Farouk is trying to wriggle out but the rope is tightening.
I want to watch him stuffing the money into his cap! (no offence)
That'll be the video of the century!

3 Likes

Re: I Have Video Evidence Of Lawan Collecting Bribe - Otedola Insists by Nobody: 9:28am On Jul 10, 2012
Otedola 2 Farouk 1 - still in first half.
Re: I Have Video Evidence Of Lawan Collecting Bribe - Otedola Insists by MrMotor: 9:29am On Jul 10, 2012
I've watched d video on SuperSport3 undecided
Re: I Have Video Evidence Of Lawan Collecting Bribe - Otedola Insists by brownlord: 9:32am On Jul 10, 2012
Is that your final answer?

Re: I Have Video Evidence Of Lawan Collecting Bribe - Otedola Insists by Nobody: 9:32am On Jul 10, 2012
hehe no be small drama oo!
me i don tire for them shaa
Re: I Have Video Evidence Of Lawan Collecting Bribe - Otedola Insists by Jabioro: 9:34am On Jul 10, 2012
Thank God Ote$ refused close door hearing,otherwise he would might be rope in many ways.Oya NASS up 2 u,house of ...liars
Re: I Have Video Evidence Of Lawan Collecting Bribe - Otedola Insists by RichDad1(m): 9:35am On Jul 10, 2012
Then let us see it cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: I Have Video Evidence Of Lawan Collecting Bribe - Otedola Insists by thegoodjoehunt(m): 9:37am On Jul 10, 2012
Responding to the comments by Bello, Otedola speaking through his lawyer, Babajide Koku, SAN said: “For the avoidance of doubt, we wish to state categorically that the statement credited to Hon. Ibrahim Bello is entirely false and calculated to misrepresent and misinform the public as to what transpired during the closed door hearing held by the House Committee on July 3, 2012.”

Please give us our public hearing. We can't trust a HOUSE filled with CROOKS to handle this in secret.
Re: I Have Video Evidence Of Lawan Collecting Bribe - Otedola Insists by haisam: 9:37am On Jul 10, 2012
Moderrator: lol
ehe nigeria na wa o, otedola have the gut to say he has the scam video, and still living in his house
Re: I Have Video Evidence Of Lawan Collecting Bribe - Otedola Insists by Nobody: 9:39am On Jul 10, 2012
He should just upload it on youtube-I'm sure that would be the most viral video of the year. All doubts would be dispelled and the footage might just be the inspiration for a Nollywood movie. By the way, whoever thought up this distraction has successfully diverted nigerians once insatiable interest in the subsidy probe.

1 Like

Re: I Have Video Evidence Of Lawan Collecting Bribe - Otedola Insists by Slizbeat(m): 9:39am On Jul 10, 2012
Jabioro: Thank God Ote$ refused close door hearing,otherwise he would might be rope in many ways.Oya NASS up 2 u,house of ...liars

For him wanting an open n public hearing means he is confident that farouk lawan collected the bribe.
Re: I Have Video Evidence Of Lawan Collecting Bribe - Otedola Insists by bumps(m): 9:39am On Jul 10, 2012
Its glaring that our lawmakers are the major problem facing this country.i just hope we can find a way to flush them out.
Re: I Have Video Evidence Of Lawan Collecting Bribe - Otedola Insists by Tsmooth1(m): 9:45am On Jul 10, 2012
Farouk na thief abeg. Here for North dem de try defend am because na their own. Farouk go to kirikiri and die please.
Re: I Have Video Evidence Of Lawan Collecting Bribe - Otedola Insists by alaoeri: 9:46am On Jul 10, 2012
Why is otedola still holding on the video, he should release it to clear the air enough of this drama.
Re: I Have Video Evidence Of Lawan Collecting Bribe - Otedola Insists by DSoj(m): 10:03am On Jul 10, 2012
Otedola 2: Farouk 1
Re: I Have Video Evidence Of Lawan Collecting Bribe - Otedola Insists by sonyjacobs(m): 10:03am On Jul 10, 2012
I think the house of rep is trying to cover up for farouk by insisting on a closed door hearing. otedola is very smart to insist on public hearing. he just want to disgrace and humiliate farouk publicly
Re: I Have Video Evidence Of Lawan Collecting Bribe - Otedola Insists by horny4u(f): 10:04am On Jul 10, 2012
alaoeri: Why is otedola still holding on the video, he should release it to clear the air enough of this drama.

In due time !
Re: I Have Video Evidence Of Lawan Collecting Bribe - Otedola Insists by sambrow(m): 10:06am On Jul 10, 2012
i think there's more to this. wait and see
Re: I Have Video Evidence Of Lawan Collecting Bribe - Otedola Insists by killuminati(m): 10:23am On Jul 10, 2012
Mr.Motor:
I've watched d video on SuperSport3 undecided
LMFSAO! Shey na soccer? Abi na boxing?
Re: I Have Video Evidence Of Lawan Collecting Bribe - Otedola Insists by Nobody: 10:34am On Jul 10, 2012

2 Likes

Re: I Have Video Evidence Of Lawan Collecting Bribe - Otedola Insists by Nobody: 10:41am On Jul 10, 2012
Give me a break. The entire system has been proven handicapped.
Re: I Have Video Evidence Of Lawan Collecting Bribe - Otedola Insists by joejeezy(m): 10:43am On Jul 10, 2012
Ote$ d slack o...dat video for be box office biggest hit
Re: I Have Video Evidence Of Lawan Collecting Bribe - Otedola Insists by Nobody: 10:43am On Jul 10, 2012
if otedola has the video, the it clearly is not a 'sting' operation as previously claimed, but a setup initiated by him

basically a case of dishonor among thieves. lock em both up

where in the world do security agencies hand over surveillance videos to civilian participants?

1 Like

Re: I Have Video Evidence Of Lawan Collecting Bribe - Otedola Insists by inspirenet: 10:54am On Jul 10, 2012
sambrow: i think there's more to this. wait and see
undecided
Re: I Have Video Evidence Of Lawan Collecting Bribe - Otedola Insists by dammytosh: 11:01am On Jul 10, 2012
oyb: if otedola has the video, the it clearly is not a 'sting' operation as previously claimed, but a setup initiated by him

basically a case of dishonor among thieves. lock em both up

where in the world do security agencies hand over surveillance videos to civilian participants?

This is a lame reasoning. The security bla bla bla did not go with them and if you were the one that recorded a transaction, will you hand over the video without keeping a copy ?

I am tired of the way this Nigeria's situation has affected our simple logical thinking faculty.

1 Like

Re: I Have Video Evidence Of Lawan Collecting Bribe - Otedola Insists by Okijajuju1(m): 11:07am On Jul 10, 2012
sunical: Otedola 2 Farouk 1 - still in first half.

You are wrong.. That was a technical ball..

Watching the replay from our high angle HD cameras, we can understand how you would think its a goal, but however it only hit the crossbar..

If until the ball crosses the line (Otedola provides the video), we cant consider it a goal.. However, that was a brilliant counter attack by the very sharp attacker.. Team Farouk needs to tighten its defence as I think team Otedola has something brilliant under its sleeve.. So far, Otedola is maintaining the attacking pressure.. Not even the interferance of Farouks supporters (The house of Reps) can stop Lionel Otedola..

Scores remain;

Otedola: 1 vs. Farouk: 1

The second half begins soon..

3 Likes

Re: I Have Video Evidence Of Lawan Collecting Bribe - Otedola Insists by dammytosh: 11:11am On Jul 10, 2012
I don't know why we are shouting as if we expected anything good to come out of the house of REPRESENTATHIEVES.

All the probes they have been doing ends up with an accusation of corruption. That is why they fight for committee. SEC probe, Pension probe, PHCN probe all ended with allegation of bribery.

I believe this was a sting operation and it was with Obasanjo's approval because he called all of them criminals around the same time this transaction was going on.

Re: I Have Video Evidence Of Lawan Collecting Bribe - Otedola Insists by Tonitelli: 11:19am On Jul 10, 2012
D'Soj:
Otedola 2: Farouk 1
Bros..is this all u have to say??if I remember well u were laughing seriously when the oda post came out sayin otedola didn't have video evidence..and sayin that we Nigerians were carried away by sensationalism...well..it's good to know dat u are a Nigerian also..lol
If u had even settled down to read what the committee member said, it was on how the tapes,whether audio or video,got to the media...not on whether he had it or not.its possible that the house member's intention was to decieve Nigerians tho..with the help of the media....cos I don't know how someone sayin he didn't give something to anoda now translates to the person sayin he doesn't have it at all!
Wht did he expect otedola to say?that he gave the tapes to the media?so that they will find a way to turn tables on his head?
Re: I Have Video Evidence Of Lawan Collecting Bribe - Otedola Insists by Tonitelli: 11:24am On Jul 10, 2012
Okija_juju:

You are wrong.. That was a technical ball..

Watching the replay from our high angle HD cameras, we can understand how you would think its a goal, but however it only hit the crossbar..

If until the ball crosses the line (Otedola provides the video), we cant consider it a goal.. However, that was a brilliant counter attack by the very sharp attacker.. Team Farouk needs to tighten its defence as I think team Otedola has something brilliant under its sleeve.. So far, Otedola is maintaining the attacking pressure.. Not even the interferance of Farouks supporters (The house of Reps) can stop Lionel Otedola..

Scores remain;

Otedola: 1 vs. Farouk: 1

The second half begins soon..
as far as I am concerned, Farouk never score...u guys should stop ascribing any goal to Farouk....his goal has been ruled an offside goal..lol....it's still advantage otedola....

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Governor Ugwuanyi Summons Emergency Security Meeting / Meet The Man Expected To Be Buhari's SGF:photo / London Police Denies Arrest Of Diezani Alison-madueke. - Reuters.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.