Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,237 members, 7,836,138 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

Are Women In Nigeria Supposed To Expect And Accept Cheating Husbands? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are Women In Nigeria Supposed To Expect And Accept Cheating Husbands? (12311 Views)

Some Sweet USUALS Every Wife Is Supposed To Be Giving To Her Husband! / Some Sweet USUALS Every Husband Is Supposed To Be Giving To His Wife / A Thread For All Cheating Husbands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Women In Nigeria Supposed To Expect And Accept Cheating Husbands? by sagacious(f): 3:53pm On Aug 24, 2007
I am tired of all this cheating of a thing, almost all of them cheat .I caught somebody i so much respect cheating on her wife .I t's painful . Let just pray for them 'cause almost all of them have that chaeting nature
Re: Are Women In Nigeria Supposed To Expect And Accept Cheating Husbands? by BABEELOVE(f): 7:55pm On Aug 29, 2007
@ Topic

Why not?  What are you going to do about it? -----------Leave your own matrimonial home for some other woman. If the guy decides to waka---then let him be. Don't push yourself out of your matrimonial home for some other gal! Lai Lai!!!! You can accomplish more dealing with the cheating thing diplomatically than with making an arse of yourself in public.  Just do your own thing till one person gets tired.  Water will always seek it's level---always!  One that will cheat will do so.  I just believe in having the same opportunities to do so too.  No particular gender should have monopoly over the business of cheating please!  I believe in equal opportunity "cheating"!!!! wink
Re: Are Women In Nigeria Supposed To Expect And Accept Cheating Husbands? by tnaidaR(f): 11:55am On Sep 01, 2007
lmao @topic

Depends my dear. Not all women are stupid. smiley
Re: Are Women In Nigeria Supposed To Expect And Accept Cheating Husbands? by JustGood(m): 11:07am On Sep 02, 2007
you probably saw the signals that the guy will cheat you later but you will ignore those signals because you love him and you 'love is blind'.

If your love makes you marry a man that's gonna cheat you, that love should make you accept his cheating ways. More often than not, these things are easy to see before marriage but the 'locers' dont care at the time.

I have a friend who constantly cheated on his wife. But she saw the kind of guy he was before they got married. She actually met him and snatched him from another girl he was dating at the time. Now, the marriage is completely chaotic and she has packed out. You reap what you sow. [/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]
Re: Are Women In Nigeria Supposed To Expect And Accept Cheating Husbands? by CrazyMan(m): 8:04pm On Sep 02, 2007
One problem with women is that when they’re in love, they don’t car to look dipper, they get carried away by the fantasies. Some am more concerned about his riches and not his character. When you fall in love with a guy who has a record for womanizing, then expect cheating in your marriage; you simply can’t expect him to change over night.

1 Like

Re: Are Women In Nigeria Supposed To Expect And Accept Cheating Husbands? by soulpatrol(f): 11:36pm On Sep 03, 2007
hmm, one of those annoying topic again, huh? i'm sick and tired of people giving excuses for the misdeeds of some men! lord, have women come to think so low of themselves as to allow such BS? my own is that, if you make it clear from the get go that you think it's acceptable for your man to cheat, then when it happens, don't be surprised. men shouldn't just be allowed to do whatever they please. it's not fair! women can cheat if they want, but they have more respect for family values. why are there so many broken homes? why do women always have to suffer the consequences?

some of you say, oh its the woman's place to pray for her husband so he doesn't stray! Bullshit! did they come into this world together? if he can't keep his wiener in his pants when he leaves the house, then he deserves whatever calamity comes his way! what is the purpose of saying vows when you're getting married and having the guts to mention God's name? when you know down the line you're not going to stick to it?

its sad though that a lot of us have been conditioned to accept this cheating crap. well what is good for the goose is also good for the gander. husband cheats, wife finds out. she's hurt and can't forgive her husband, so she goes out and cheats on his friend. husband finds out too and the whole marriage is in disarray, the kids are confused. they're even now, but is there anything right about that? this whole marriage cheating thing has got to stop! if you're going to be a swinging couple, then by all means do so. at least you're both in on it! cool
Re: Are Women In Nigeria Supposed To Expect And Accept Cheating Husbands? by BABEELOVE(f): 10:03pm On Sep 06, 2007
soulpatrol:

hmm, one of those annoying topic again, huh? i'm sick and tired of people giving excuses for the misdeeds of some men! lord, have women come to think so low of themselves as to allow such BS? my own is that, if you make it clear from the get go that you think it's acceptable for your man to cheat, then when it happens, don't be surprised. men shouldn't just be allowed to do whatever they please. it's not fair! women can cheat if they want, but they have more respect for family values. why are there so many broken homes? why do women always have to suffer the consequences?

some of you say, oh its the woman's place to pray for her husband so he doesn't stray! Bullshit! did they come into this world together? if he can't keep his wiener in his pants when he leaves the house, then he deserves whatever calamity comes his way! what is the purpose of saying vows when you're getting married and having the guts to mention God's name? when you know down the line you're not going to stick to it?

its sad though that a lot of us have been conditioned to accept this cheating crap. well what is good for the goose is also good for the gander. husband cheats, wife finds out. she's hurt and can't forgive her husband, so she goes out and cheats on his friend. husband finds out too and the whole marriage is in disarray, the kids are confused. they're even now, but is there anything right about that? this whole marriage cheating thing has got to stop[b]! if you're going to be a swinging couple, then by all means do so. at least you're both in on it![/b] cool

Good job!!!! Souly!!!! kiss Ladies, never ever leave your home for another woman!!!! Never!!! wink
Re: Are Women In Nigeria Supposed To Expect And Accept Cheating Husbands? by omoge(f): 10:28pm On Sep 06, 2007
soul and bebelove, right!

NEVER!!! if he cheats, get whatever you can from the marriage and move on.
Re: Are Women In Nigeria Supposed To Expect And Accept Cheating Husbands? by April22(f): 3:13am On Sep 07, 2007
Most of the Nigerian women I know are totally against divorcing their husband under any circumstances. I think this sets up a situation where he takes her for granted. I read post after post where men happily say they would throw their wife out over the littlest of offenses. Throwing a wife out is pretty rare in the US.

I say if Nigerian women want change, it won't be given to them. And sometimes the change could mean being willing to be alone rather than put up with a cheating man. I don't know any woman married to a cheating man I know of who is happy. If anything, women in this situation may come across as submissive, but in their actions are miserable. It's really the husband's way of controlling her. The other side of this is it seems to be very acceptable for some single Nigerian women to date married men with hopes of snagging him. I know Nigerians who don't think twice if their best friend or relative is engaged in this. This is the other side of the equation. My perspective on this is I am an African-American woman married to a Nigerian man.
Re: Are Women In Nigeria Supposed To Expect And Accept Cheating Husbands? by soulpatrol(f): 5:14am On Sep 07, 2007
that's why it's encouraged for women to be financially stable on their own so that if any unforseen wahala should happen, then she doesn't get thrown out into the street like a nobody. i see this happening a lot, especially when the woman is so dependent on the man for support. he then sees it fit to throw her out on her own knowing she can't fend for herself. hence women should always have a back up plan whether the marriage is good or not. it's just being smart.
Re: Are Women In Nigeria Supposed To Expect And Accept Cheating Husbands? by BABEELOVE(f): 5:55am On Sep 07, 2007
omoge:

soul and bebelove, right!

NEVER!!! if he cheats, get whatever you can from the marriage and move on.

Move to where?  Make im move!!!  I ain't going no where oh! cheesy  To go and start the crap allover again Like the grass is greener on the outside or what?  Most men na the same.  One kitten no dey gree them sit for one place!!!!  No way-------mama hossanah!!!!!!!!  When im waka finish, and the juju clear from im eye---just banish am to one room for basement and let him look after the kids!  He can be a meghad or driver or lawn keeper or chef!!!!  Rubbish!!!! angry  We will move on alright--but no more "conjugals"---just let the mugu stay home and babysit his kids while you gerrout and have some fun! Nonsense!!!! tongue

soulpatrol:

that's why it's encouraged for women to be financially stable on their own so that if any unforseen wahala should happen, then she doesn't get[b] thrown out into the street like a nobody.[/b] i see this happening a lot, especially when the woman is so dependent on the man for support. he then sees it fit to throw her out on her own knowing she can't fend for herself. hence women should always have a back up plan whether the marriage is good or not. it's just being smart.

I just love this girl! Don't maind thiz "trust and obey" women!!!!! cheesy
Re: Are Women In Nigeria Supposed To Expect And Accept Cheating Husbands? by omoge(f): 6:03pm On Sep 07, 2007
Bebelove, by moving on i mean just divorce his sorry azz and blokoss grin, ofc you will inherit the house (Trump's wife did it real good) grin. if the lady is nice, she can confine him to the basement bedroom grin.

Soul, you are very CORRECT grin.
Re: Are Women In Nigeria Supposed To Expect And Accept Cheating Husbands? by April22(f): 6:37pm On Sep 07, 2007
that's why it's encouraged for women to be financially stable on their own so that if any unforseen wahala should happen, then she doesn't get thrown out into the street like a nobody. i see this happening a lot, especially when the woman is so dependent on the man for support. he then sees it fit to throw her out on her own knowing she can't fend for herself. hence women should always have a back up plan whether the marriage is good or not. it's just being smart.

Soul,

I agree. It is good to have a back up plan and for women to not too long of a break from working. Something else I have noticed recently is this tendency for Nigerian men to have their girlfriend move in and for him to pay all the bills. I think this is not a good set up because from the get go, it's created a situation where she's dependent on him. She never learns how to first fend for herself, so it things take a turn once they get married, it's extremely hard to leave. I can't imagine living with this type of fear of being thrown out. Now I understand what the situation is. In Nigeria, it's not as though women can call up the police for them to intervene when her husband is trying to kick her out.
Re: Are Women In Nigeria Supposed To Expect And Accept Cheating Husbands? by pemkad(f): 1:02am On Oct 11, 2008
/Ok time for me.
Someone said that man is cheating when woman is not taking her "responcibilities" ha ha ha. My BF cheated on me first time after few onths being together. Fine i forgived and what now? After one year he left the house for 3 months and jumped to bed other girl. Did i took all my responsibilities? Im sure i did. What i did wrong? Hmmm nothing. And stil he couldnt keep his d. inside his pants.
I know lot of people i know lot of cultures. But motly i hear that nigerians are cheaters to be honest? There is no one on this world who could prove me that im wrong.
Re: Are Women In Nigeria Supposed To Expect And Accept Cheating Husbands? by JustGood(m): 5:18pm On Oct 11, 2008
pemkad:

/Ok time for me.
Someone said that man is cheating when woman is not taking her "responcibilities" ha ha ha. My boyfriend cheated on me first time after few onths being together. Fine i forgived and what now? After one year he left the house for 3 months and jumped to bed other girl. Did i took all my responsibilities? I'm sure i did. What i did wrong? Hmmm nothing. And stil he couldnt keep his d. inside his pants.
I know lot of people i know lot of cultures. But motly i hear that nigerians are cheaters to be honest? There is no one on this world who could prove me that I'm wrong.

absolutely daft.
you are not married and he's cheating but you are willing to accept it. You'll then talk later about how your husband is cheating. Most women who have cheating husbands knew their husbands would most likely cheat on them but they dont care at the time. I know someone who met a guy while he was dating another girl. he succeeded in taking the guy away from the girl and they got married. of course, the guy cheated regularly on her after marriage and she's now alone. I wonder if she needed a soothsayer to tell her that the guy would be that way.

Pemkad, please spare us the sad stories after you get married
Re: Are Women In Nigeria Supposed To Expect And Accept Cheating Husbands? by suricattca(f): 11:51am On Nov 06, 2008
@ pemkad
pls, i want to talk with u in chat
prosze skontaktuj sie ze mna na chacie, moj YIM znajdziesz w moim profilu, prosze
Re: Are Women In Nigeria Supposed To Expect And Accept Cheating Husbands? by Leilah(f): 1:15pm On Nov 06, 2008
Hey Polish girls, can I ask you who these men were cheating with? were they polish or Nigerian??
Re: Are Women In Nigeria Supposed To Expect And Accept Cheating Husbands? by Shinatu: 4:19pm On Nov 06, 2008
Most women in Nigeria live for thier children actually.

You see them later in thier lives galivanting from London to NewYork to Canada on holidays or to take care of thier grandchildren, very ready to leave the husband at home with the house help,to do as he pleases. Unfortunately for him
even the house girl would not have him in his state.Some men come up with all kinds of ailment in old age either due to old age or careless living when they were younger and expect the wife to sit down and be packing poo and urine.

Where are all the girls that accompanied him to Abuja,Paris and London on business trips and stayed in 5 star hotels that the wife never experienced?

The poor woman sits in her matrimonial home, takes all that she needs to take and like many people have already said, moves on when the time comes.

So you see, Nigerian women are not as silly as we think!
Re: Are Women In Nigeria Supposed To Expect And Accept Cheating Husbands? by MsLurker(f): 4:44pm On Nov 06, 2008
It's not okay to put up with someone cheating on you. It's a sign of disrespect.
Re: Are Women In Nigeria Supposed To Expect And Accept Cheating Husbands? by abujabooks(f): 3:00pm On Nov 15, 2008
No
Re: Are Women In Nigeria Supposed To Expect And Accept Cheating Husbands? by pemkad(f): 10:37pm On Nov 19, 2008
suricattca i can't send you email. please can you contact with me?
Nie iem czy tu mozna prv wysylac skontaktuj sie na hotmail.adres w profilu
Leilah with polish girls.
JustGood its not about accepting because cheating is not acceptable. I said  i forgivedi didnt say accept. Big difference
Re: Are Women In Nigeria Supposed To Expect And Accept Cheating Husbands? by nkasi87(f): 3:46am On Jan 02, 2009
Another reason i will think more than twice about marrying a Nigerian man. First of all, it is not a woman's job to make sure that her husband doesn't cheat. She is not his mother, her only job is to do her part as a wife, mother and human begin. If an idiotic man is going to cheat he will cheat no matter whether his wife is a freak in bed. And women are as likely to cheat as men but society makes it seem okay for men but not for women. Before getting married, i will definitely let me husband know that if he ever cheats he is putting his penis, life and money in danger. Because i will divorce him so fast and will damn sure be paid for putting up with his nonsense.
Re: Are Women In Nigeria Supposed To Expect And Accept Cheating Husbands? by mamagee3(f): 3:09am On Jan 28, 2010
Women shouldn't accept it but some women just try to make their marriage work.
Re: Are Women In Nigeria Supposed To Expect And Accept Cheating Husbands? by Fhemmmy: 6:17pm On Jan 28, 2010
No one should have to.
We all human with feelings and emotions.
Re: Are Women In Nigeria Supposed To Expect And Accept Cheating Husbands? by cicero(m): 11:39am On Jan 29, 2010
Majority of Nigerian women and men actually believe a man is created to cheat. I have heard some women say they don't care what they husbands do outside the home as long as they don't bring it home. Some even make sound so romantic and loving that they husbands respect and love them by hiding their cheating from them.
This is all wrong and abnormal.
The only reasons I believe a woman would expect her husband to cheat is if
1) She has accepted the lie that men are created to be promiscuous
2) She was dating married men before marriage, and as such expects same to happen to her
3) She knowingly decides to marry a 'he-goat'
4) She too is messed

There could be other better reasons but whatever the reason, it is wrong to expect such from your husband.
Re: Are Women In Nigeria Supposed To Expect And Accept Cheating Husbands? by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jan 29, 2010
Re: Are Women In Nigeria Supposed To Expect And Accept Cheating Husbands? by Fhemmmy: 3:07pm On Jan 29, 2010
cicero:

Majority of Nigerian women and men actually believe a man is created to cheat. I have heard some women say they don't care what they husbands do outside the home as long as they don't bring it home. Some even make sound so romantic and loving that they husbands respect and love them by hiding their cheating from them.
This is all wrong and abnormal.
The only reasons I believe a woman would expect her husband to cheat is if
1) She has accepted the lie that men are created to be promiscuous
2) She was dating married men before marriage, and as such expects same to happen to her
3) She knowingly decides to marry a 'he-goat'
4) She too is messed

There could be other better reasons but whatever the reason, it is wrong to expect such from your husband.

Hmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Are Women In Nigeria Supposed To Expect And Accept Cheating Husbands? by RBiafra: 3:40pm On Jan 29, 2010
@poster, i think this cheating of a thing is all over the globe.

to ur question; majority of de Nigerian women are afraid of separation, because, how many men in Nigeria will marry a divorce woman. millions of single ladies out there our hunting for husband and you expect her to divorce the one she've got? isn't she aware that some men (aprt frm musilims) in Nigeria still marries 2-3-4 wives n the ladies are gladly sharing the man

hey! but mind u, we still have cheating WIVES
Re: Are Women In Nigeria Supposed To Expect And Accept Cheating Husbands? by Fhemmmy: 4:01pm On Jan 29, 2010
R.Biafra:

@poster, i think this cheating of a thing is all over the globe.

to your question; majority of de Nigerian women are afraid of separation, because, how many men in Nigeria will marry a divorce woman. millions of single ladies out there our hunting for husband and you expect her to divorce the one she've got? isn't she aware that some men (aprt frm musilims) in Nigeria still marries 2-3-4 wives n the ladies are gladly sharing the man

hey! but mind u, we still have cheating WIVES

Well said, and also, some of the women has no career, no business, so they rather stick it out, cos of money
Re: Are Women In Nigeria Supposed To Expect And Accept Cheating Husbands? by ceasyc(f): 4:04pm On Feb 02, 2010
@topic - hell NO!
Re: Are Women In Nigeria Supposed To Expect And Accept Cheating Husbands? by Fhemmmy: 4:06pm On Feb 02, 2010
A woman is an adult and can chose to accept or disallow, she has a mind
Re: Are Women In Nigeria Supposed To Expect And Accept Cheating Husbands? by 90love(f): 7:07pm On May 25, 2012
The foundation of a good relationship is trust if you go into a marriage expecting him to cheat then their is obviously no trust this creates room for insecurities, jealousy,possessiveness and low self esteem. You can't expect a man to cheat because not all men cheat its just not worth it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why I Killed My Wife: The Sad Story Behind The Hassan Adeyemo’s Florida Tragedy / My Dad Is Having An Affair:Do I Talk To Him Politely? / A No Reception Wedding: How Feasible? Come In, Let's Discuss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.