Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,506 members, 7,819,834 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

Why Is That The Most Influential Christian Leaders Are Always Scandalous? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is That The Most Influential Christian Leaders Are Always Scandalous? (3249 Views)

Prophet Muhammad Scandalous Love Affair With Mariya His wives maid / Religious Leaders Are The Real ENEMIES Of Nigeria. / Why Are Our Christian Leaders Quiet On This Fuel Subsidy Issue? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is That The Most Influential Christian Leaders Are Always Scandalous? by MacDaddy01: 1:40pm On Jul 11, 2012
Martian:

So, those three are your "holy trinity"?? You are like one of those people who stopped being religious after reading "the god delusion"; then placed Dawkins on a pedestal.
SMH.

Dumbazz, they are popular atheists. Jeez. We dont worhsip them and they are not a holy trinity.

Remove your religious goggles and terminology wyhen talking about atheism. smh
Re: Why Is That The Most Influential Christian Leaders Are Always Scandalous? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jul 11, 2012
MacDaddy01:
Dumbazz, they are popular atheists. Jeez. We dont worhsip them and they are not a holy trinity.
[b]Remove your religious goggles and terminology wyhen talking about atheism. [/b]smh

Oh now, I have religious googles? lmao
Don't get mad because you have the "popular atheists" you can refer to and I called them your "holy trinity". You dropped their names as "epitomes of atheist virtue" after all.
Why can't you defend your atheism and behavior yourself and on your own merit? Do you have to refer to the "popular atheists"?

Well, if one of the "popular atheists" does something "dumbazz", will his behavior reflect on all unbelievers?
Are communist atheists' actions a reflection on all unbelievers?? You are just making Anony's arguments for him by going than the same line of name dropping.

Use some logic, boy!!!
Re: Why Is That The Most Influential Christian Leaders Are Always Scandalous? by MacDaddy01: 2:07pm On Jul 11, 2012
Martian:

Oh now, I have religious googles? lmao
Don't get mad because you have the "popular atheists" you can refer to and I called them your "holy trinity". You dropped their names as "epitomes of atheist virtue" after all.
Why can't you defend your atheism and behavior yourself and on your own merit? Do you have to refer to the "popular atheists"?

Well, if one of the "popular atheists" does something "dumbazz", will his behavior reflect on all unbelievers?
Are communist atheists' actions a reflection on all unbelievers?? You are just making Anony's arguments for him by going than the same line of name dropping.

Use some logic, boy!!!

Huh? Where i my thread or posts did I say that the actions of some religious leaders reflect on all believers? WHERE??!!!!

Reread the original post. Stop being foolish
Re: Why Is That The Most Influential Christian Leaders Are Always Scandalous? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jul 11, 2012
MacDaddy01:
Huh? Where i my thread or posts did I say that the actions of some religious leaders reflect on all believers? WHERE??!!!!
Reread the original post. Stop being foolish

But you implied the behavior of your "popular atheists" are unlike those of the christian leaders you are against, thereby elevating them to a position of leadership. That' why I called them your holy trinity.

Forget about the OP, the topic itself is foolish and needless because it can be refuted by saying exactly what Anony said about influential "atheist leaders" who happened to be communists and the actions they took. The introduction of your "popular atheists" shows that you consider them "influential atheist leaders" because they are the examples you're using for comparison.

Who are the "top atheists"? Are those "top atheists" supposed to be the equivalent of "influential christian leaders"?
Re: Why Is That The Most Influential Christian Leaders Are Always Scandalous? by MacDaddy01: 2:26pm On Jul 11, 2012
Martian:

But you implied the behavior of your "popular atheists" are unlike those of the christian leaders you are against, thereby elevating them to a position of leadership. That' why I called them your holy trinity.

Forget about the OP, the topic itself is foolish and needless because it can be refuted by saying exactly what Anony said about influential "atheist leaders" who happened to be communists and the actions they took. The introduction of your "popular atheists" shows that you consider them "influential atheist leaders" because they are the examples you're using for comparison.

Who are the "top atheists"?

Why do you believe the fallacy leadership is the exactly the same as divinity, holiness or worship of leaders?
Re: Why Is That The Most Influential Christian Leaders Are Always Scandalous? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jul 11, 2012
MacDaddy01:
Why do you believe the fallacy leadership is the exactly the same as divinity, holiness or worship of leaders?

Who are the "Top Atheists"?
Are the "Top Atheists" your leaders?

Stop creating fallacies in your head about what I didn't say.
Re: Why Is That The Most Influential Christian Leaders Are Always Scandalous? by MacDaddy01: 2:52pm On Jul 11, 2012
Martian:

Who are the "Top Atheists"?
Are the "Top Atheists" your leaders?

Stop creating fallacies in your head about what I didn't say.

What did you mean then when you said holy trinity of atheist leaders?

As for top atheists, I was referring to the popular atheists. You are free to call them leaders but I dont see it as such. I see them as a voice or the most outspoken for atheism.

I am yet to even read Richard Dawkin's books
Re: Why Is That The Most Influential Christian Leaders Are Always Scandalous? by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jul 11, 2012
MacDaddy01:
What did you mean then when you said holy trinity of atheist leaders?

As for top atheists, I was referring to the popular atheists. You are free to call them leaders but I dont see it as such. I see them as a voice or the most outspoken for atheism.
I am yet to even read Richard Dawkin's books

"holy trinity" was tongue in cheek.
If you invoke "top atheists" as the opposite of your case against the scandalous preachers, you are elevating them to the position that christians put their leaders in.

Since the intent of the thread was to mock christianity (don't deny it), then your introduction of your outspoken atheists (who are just after a buck like everyone else) means that you consider them "leaders" of atheism and you "see them as a voice".
Re: Why Is That The Most Influential Christian Leaders Are Always Scandalous? by MacDaddy01: 3:12pm On Jul 11, 2012
Martian:

"holy trinity" was tongue in cheek.
If you invoke "top atheists" as the opposite of your case against the scandalous preachers, you are elevating them to the position that christians put their leaders in.

Since the intent of the thread was to mock christianity (don't deny it), then your introduction of your outspoken atheists (who are just after a buck like everyone else) means that you consider them "leaders" of atheism and you "see them as a voice".

okay
Re: Why Is That The Most Influential Christian Leaders Are Always Scandalous? by MrAnony1(m): 3:55pm On Jul 11, 2012
Okay, I was about to type something in reply when I saw logicboy's exchange with martian. I rest my case. By the way, thanks Martian.
Re: Why Is That The Most Influential Christian Leaders Are Always Scandalous? by MacDaddy01: 4:25pm On Jul 11, 2012
Mr_Anony: Okay, I was about to type something in reply when I saw logicboy's exchange with martian. I rest my case. By the way, thanks Martian.

Ode, you think martian is defending your point?
Re: Why Is That The Most Influential Christian Leaders Are Always Scandalous? by MrAnony1(m): 4:31pm On Jul 11, 2012
MacDaddy01:
Ode, you think martian is defending your point?
Not really, he was just showing you the silliness of your thread and consequently your argument. And I think you got that part......... even though your pride won't let you admit it to me.
Re: Why Is That The Most Influential Christian Leaders Are Always Scandalous? by MacDaddy01: 8:28pm On Jul 11, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Not really, he was just showing you the silliness of your thread and consequently your argument. And I think you got that part......... even though your pride won't let you admit it to me.

Just because I didnt want to argue with his nonsense? lol.....stop cheerleading.
Re: Why Is That The Most Influential Christian Leaders Are Always Scandalous? by MrAnony1(m): 8:57pm On Jul 11, 2012
MacDaddy01:
Just because I didnt want to argue with his nonsense? lol.....stop cheerleading.
my point exactly

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

. / Your Religion Is Determined By Geography / My Experience In Christianity...Personal Encounter That Drives Me To Serve God.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.