Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,645 members, 7,955,350 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:36 PM

I’ll Fish Out Subsidy Thieves In A Week - Ribadu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ll Fish Out Subsidy Thieves In A Week - Ribadu (13593 Views)

Fish Out Those Behind Plot To Kill Ekweremadu, Ohaneze Youths Tell IGP / EFCC Set To Commence Prosecution Of Subsidy Thieves / Subsidy Thieves Own Most Private-Jets – Falana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I’ll Fish Out Subsidy Thieves In A Week - Ribadu by phildon: 6:47am On Jul 11, 2012
The same Ribadu who boasted that most governors would be behind bars in 2007? Noisemaker!
Re: I’ll Fish Out Subsidy Thieves In A Week - Ribadu by Nobody: 6:58am On Jul 11, 2012
When this mallam were in the NFCC what did he achieve? I think these mallams are our problem in Nigeria.
Re: I’ll Fish Out Subsidy Thieves In A Week - Ribadu by uncleb(m): 7:30am On Jul 11, 2012
I hear Jona telling the whole world during the presidential chat that he set up Ribadu task force to probe the oil sector, is subsidy not included in the terms of reference or I misquote jona?
Re: I’ll Fish Out Subsidy Thieves In A Week - Ribadu by maybel(m): 7:41am On Jul 11, 2012
baslone: grin̶̲̥̅̊ ♈ε̲̣̣̣̥s, time for GEJ τ̲̅ȍ do what he knows best- another commitee.
My friend, i tire oo. This new system of government( Commitocracy) really amazes me. Commitee on subsidy,commitee on power,commitee on pension etc. It's getting commitocratically stupendous to me.
Re: I’ll Fish Out Subsidy Thieves In A Week - Ribadu by DSoj(m): 7:42am On Jul 11, 2012
Whoz talking? Ribadu?? Abeg......make he park well joor... Next applicant plzz
Re: I’ll Fish Out Subsidy Thieves In A Week - Ribadu by maigaskiya1: 8:17am On Jul 11, 2012
wesley80: This is where I have a problem with Ribadu; The Mallam talks too much. Why not face your own task b4 telling us what you'll do over a task you weren't given when the entire nation is eagerly awaiting the report of your own task? Haba Mallam!
i cm 2 undrstand dat most of u in ds nl ur parents hav tins 2 do wit coruptn or d subsidy poo.4 heavns sake wat is wrong wit ds mans statement.infact he hs gven d best remedy 2 unravil d so cald mistry nd yet u tok shit.pls grow up
Re: I’ll Fish Out Subsidy Thieves In A Week - Ribadu by osolomio: 8:42am On Jul 11, 2012
Finish what is at hand before campaigning 4 another.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Fish Out Subsidy Thieves In A Week - Ribadu by Ramcie(f): 9:38am On Jul 11, 2012
Shatap! there Ribadu. Thats what you should have done since. We don't wanna hear your voice all we need is result .
Re: I’ll Fish Out Subsidy Thieves In A Week - Ribadu by francis247(m): 9:41am On Jul 11, 2012
assumming l believe a word of this. What next? will they be at least purnished as severly as the common thieves? will the money be recovered and sent back to where they rightfully belong? I guess we all the answers to theses questions. may God deliver us from the claws of this "I will" and "I shall" politrictians.
Re: I’ll Fish Out Subsidy Thieves In A Week - Ribadu by Babaji111(m): 10:28am On Jul 11, 2012
tongue It may be true but......em, em...I think say oga too and his ppl dey involve inside.ssshh!!! abi make I no talkam lout. Kai!How I wish 9ja was free of corruption. The richest country in the world in terms of natural resources and productive human base.
Re: I’ll Fish Out Subsidy Thieves In A Week - Ribadu by Olaone1: 12:08pm On Jul 11, 2012
In a day, Ribadu. Ohh . . . even in 2 hours. Yeye man undecided undecided
Re: I’ll Fish Out Subsidy Thieves In A Week - Ribadu by Sweetlemon(f): 12:48pm On Jul 11, 2012
baslone: grin̶̲̥̅̊ ♈ε̲̣̣̣̥s, time for GEJ τ̲̅ȍ do what he knows best- another commitee.
cheesy
Re: I’ll Fish Out Subsidy Thieves In A Week - Ribadu by Loredup: 4:25pm On Jul 11, 2012
In 2015 when Ribadu become the president federal republic of nigeria. Full stop.
Re: I’ll Fish Out Subsidy Thieves In A Week - Ribadu by AjanleKoko: 4:37pm On Jul 11, 2012
This is not a tribal statement. Disclaimer. lipsrsealed

But Mallams can so yarn dust in this Nigeria sha grin
Re: I’ll Fish Out Subsidy Thieves In A Week - Ribadu by sirp2007: 6:55pm On Jul 11, 2012
this guy is looking for work and recognition...abeg FG should give him something to do.
Re: I’ll Fish Out Subsidy Thieves In A Week - Ribadu by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jul 11, 2012
AjanleKoko: This is not a tribal statement. Disclaimer. lipsrsealed

But Mallams can so yarn dust in this Nigeria sha grin

I have to admit, El-Rufai came to mind after I read the headline grin
Re: I’ll Fish Out Subsidy Thieves In A Week - Ribadu by ronkebp(f): 7:11pm On Jul 11, 2012
@Poster........if he says he can, let us give him an opportunity to, and see what we will get or the people he will fish out.
Re: I’ll Fish Out Subsidy Thieves In A Week - Ribadu by Pataki: 7:13pm On Jul 11, 2012
naijababe:

I have to admit, El-Rufai came to mind after I read the headline grin

Hahahahaha

Unfortunately, you got it wrong. We have a rabid ribadu who talks faster than he thinks. cheesy
Re: I’ll Fish Out Subsidy Thieves In A Week - Ribadu by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jul 11, 2012
Pataki:

Hahahahaha

Unfortunately, you got it wrong. We have a rabid ribadu who talks faster than he thinks. cheesy

grin grin grin grin grin. I think El-Rufai is the rabid one. Ribadu is a trumpet, he likes to blow hot air.
Re: I’ll Fish Out Subsidy Thieves In A Week - Ribadu by Kobojunkie: 7:31pm On Jul 11, 2012
ronkebp: @Poster........if he says he can, let us give him an opportunity to, and see what we will get or the people he will fish out.

Before or after he completes the one you already gave him to complete well over 70 days ago? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: I’ll Fish Out Subsidy Thieves In A Week - Ribadu by ronkebp(f): 7:36pm On Jul 11, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Before or after he completes the one you already gave him to complete well over 70 days ago? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

after!!!!! definitely after.....it is his result that will determine the level of what his acheivement will be in the second assignment.
Re: I’ll Fish Out Subsidy Thieves In A Week - Ribadu by Freksy(m): 7:55pm On Jul 11, 2012
Mandelaguy: If every one of you is told to name corrupt Nigerians you have known,I bet RIbadu will not be on most of your lists and for some die hard critics,he will be on the back page......most of you making noise on this thread cannot stand beside him in the council of people with clean hands. The man has said what he believes he can do and Nigerians should not doubt him,he has a track record and non of your paymasters can hold a light to him.
Re: I’ll Fish Out Subsidy Thieves In A Week - Ribadu by Freksy(m): 7:56pm On Jul 11, 2012
Mandelaguy: If every one of you is told to name corrupt Nigerians you have known,I bet RIbadu will not be on most of your lists and for some die hard critics,he will be on the back page......most of you making noise on this thread cannot stand beside him in the council of people with clean hands. The man has said what he believes he can do and Nigerians should not doubt him,he has a track record and non of your paymasters can hold a light to him.

Would you include Lawan in your corruption list prior to fuel subsidy probe?
Re: I’ll Fish Out Subsidy Thieves In A Week - Ribadu by tinkinfela(m): 9:32pm On Jul 11, 2012
And you wonder why Nigeria is in its present state... People are so fast to criticize someone with honest intention to make change in the country!

I remember how much impact Ribadu made when he was EFCC chairman to the extent corrupt Governors, Senators were terrified by this guy. Billions of Naira retrieved.. I remember what IG of Police when through after he was busted with N11 billion.

The truth is most Nigerians prefer to keep suffering and smiling. There will never be change until we cleanse all you ignorant losers. Thank God I'm no longer living in Nigeria. I just can't stand some of you.
Re: I’ll Fish Out Subsidy Thieves In A Week - Ribadu by Moves: 12:10am On Jul 12, 2012
Wow, the average Nigerian has become such a pessimist no thanks to having been let down serially by different actors in leadership position. If you guys cared to read the content and context of his statement, I believe one would see the possibility of his assertion.
The crux of his statement is government money cannot be stolen without a government accomplice(PPPRA) catch the government agent responsible and the rest will fall into place. The amount embezzled from the government coffers is too large an amount not to leave traces. I choose to read his comments as saying 'Mr President, If you want to get to the bottom of this issue, it can be done in a week, all that is required is the WILL'. Having this WILL is what is required to solve half of the country's problem especially when you read about countries like Georgia. All that is required is the WILL from the presidency.
see thisdaylive articles/ribadu-blames-pppra-for-leakages-in-fuel-subsidy-scheme/119801/
Re: I’ll Fish Out Subsidy Thieves In A Week - Ribadu by Kobojunkie: 3:47am On Jul 12, 2012
Moves: Wow, the average Nigerian has become such a pessimist no thanks to [size=13pt]having been let down serially by different actors in leadership position[/size]. If you guys cared to read the content and context of his statement, I believe one would see the possibility of his assertion.
The crux of his statement is government money cannot be stolen without a government accomplice(PPPRA) catch the government agent responsible and the rest will fall into place. The amount embezzled from the government coffers is too large an amount not to leave traces. I choose to read his comments as saying 'Mr President, If you want to get to the bottom of this issue, it can be done in a week, all that is required is the WILL'. Having this WILL is what is required to solve half of the country's problem especially when you read about countries like Georgia. All that is required is the WILL from the presidency.
see thisdaylive articles/ribadu-blames-pppra-for-leakages-in-fuel-subsidy-scheme/119801/

Different actors, including Ribadu, by the way. He was given a job to investigate subsidy payments and we were guaranteed by the team that it would be done in 60 days. more than 120 days later, no report from Ribadu. While he may be saying something meaningful, the fact is he needs to remove that boulder from his eyes abeg!!

Ribadu could have presented the Nigerian people with the results from the committee by now too. All that is required is the WILL from Ribadu and his team.
Re: I’ll Fish Out Subsidy Thieves In A Week - Ribadu by nduchucks: 4:12am On Jul 12, 2012
In fairness, the Ribadu committee has been under attack by lawyers and other agents of the oil cabal since the committee’s inauguration. The thieves claimed that setting up of the committees was an unconstitutional transfer of the powers of the Petroleum Minister and that of other agencies and parastatals of the ministry. They brought a suit which sought the court’s interim order restraining the said committees from exercising its duties.

It was not until June 6 before a Federal High Court in Lagos has cleared this legal hurdle that impeded the operations of the Ribadu committee. Let’s give the committee a bit more time to do the job properly.
Re: I’ll Fish Out Subsidy Thieves In A Week - Ribadu by Kobojunkie: 4:18am On Jul 12, 2012
ndu_chucks: In fairness, the Ribadu committee has been under attack by lawyers and other agents of the oil cabal since the committee’s inauguration. The thieves claimed that setting up of the committees was an unconstitutional transfer of the powers of the Petroleum Minister and that of other agencies and parastatals of the ministry. They brought a suit which sought the court’s interim order restraining the said committees from exercising its duties.

It was not until June 6 before a Federal High Court in Lagos has cleared this legal hurdle that impeded the operations of the Ribadu committee. Let’s give the committee a bit more time to do the job properly.

it's more than 30 days since june 6th. How much longer do we have to wait for the report? And we are sick and tired of the excuses for why Government and related parties should not deliver when they say.

I can't wait to read Jonathan Goodluck excuses for not keeping his vow to end Boko Haram scourge end of June.
Re: I’ll Fish Out Subsidy Thieves In A Week - Ribadu by nduchucks: 4:21am On Jul 12, 2012
Kobojunkie:

it's more than 30 days since june 6th. How much longer do we have to wait for the report? And we are sick and tired of the excuses for why Government and related parties should not deliver when they say.

I can't wait to read Jonathan Goodluck excuses for not keeping his vow to end Boko Haram scourge end of June.

I'd wait for 60days from June 6. BTW I am in complete agreement with you that we are sick and tired of persistent government excuses for failure.
Re: I’ll Fish Out Subsidy Thieves In A Week - Ribadu by bonetalk(m): 6:17am On Jul 12, 2012
Abeg, help me tell that Aboki say he dey fumble. Anti-Government!
Re: I’ll Fish Out Subsidy Thieves In A Week - Ribadu by winioluwa: 9:13pm On Jul 12, 2012
Honestly and candid, when will Nigeria as a nation change from all these manner of corruptions and attrocities we commit just to accommodate wealth in the name of what i do not know. I strong belive that we are getting close to revolution in this country and we need to make selfless sacrifice for the upcoming and next generation of this country.

Situations has never change since 1968 and the development we are all shouting for start from everyone who is a Nigerian. We do not need anyone to tell us that we have robbers as politicians and leaders. How many of our leader can boostfully say all the wealth he or she has acquired is holy and without making people cry and sad. Ranging from Obasanjo, Babangida,Abdulsalam, Buhari, Shagari,Goodluck and the so called oil looter who has ran different section of crude oil pipe to their various homes just to DISTURB this country from growing.A country with numerous blessing without environmental hazard.

I sincerely want to say this that GOD WILL STRIKE DOWN ALL THE FIRST BORN AND NEXT OF ALL THE PEOPLE MAKING THIS COUNTRY TO CRY IN AGONY IN THE NAME OF OUR FATHER IN HEAVEN-AMEN. I belive the change is getting nearer.
Re: I’ll Fish Out Subsidy Thieves In A Week - Ribadu by nsiadi: 10:45pm On Jul 12, 2012
Ribadu`s charisma isnt there any longer
He lives in a house he claimed his inlaw bought for N200,000,000.00
He owes explanation regarding huge amount of Dollar found on him @ Kuru
He needs 2 rebrand

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Akin Alabi: 'Don't Drop Out Of School Because Bill Gates And Elon Musk Did' / Amaechi May Declare Interest To Run For Presidency Saturday / Pertinent Questions From Femi Fani Kayode To GEJ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.