Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,288 members, 7,811,863 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:39 PM

Akin Alabi: 'Don't Drop Out Of School Because Bill Gates And Elon Musk Did' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akin Alabi: 'Don't Drop Out Of School Because Bill Gates And Elon Musk Did' (13348 Views)

El-rufai: I Withdrew My Son From Public School Because Of Kidnappers / Nairabet Owner, Akin Alabi Wins National Assembly Election / CEO Of Betting Company, Akin Alabi Cries Out As Man Won N24m With N1,500 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akin Alabi: 'Don't Drop Out Of School Because Bill Gates And Elon Musk Did' by envoymedia: 8:03am On Jan 01, 2022
Don’t Encourage People To Drop Out Of School Because Bill Gates And Elon Musk Did - Akin Alabi

Nigerian lawmaker and author, Akin Alabi, has asked people to stop encouraging others to drop out of school because tech billionaires Elon Musk and Bill Gates dropped out of school, IgbereTV reports.

In his post shared on social media, Akin stated that contrary to popular opinion, most tech billionaires graduated from school. He wrote

''Over half of Billion Dollar tech companies founders have a minimum of masters degrees. Don’t encourage people to drop out school because Bill Gates and Elon Musk did. Let me tell you something.

Elon Musk dropped out of PhD not JS2. Bill Gates was a rich kid with a mother on the board of IBM. Be comparing that with yourself.

Go to school, send your children to school. It’s the best bet for the average person to succeed. Of course, you can develop yourself in other areas.''

https://igberetvnews.com/1410999/dont-encourage-people-drop-school-bill-gates-elon-musk-akin-alabi/

67 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akin Alabi: 'Don't Drop Out Of School Because Bill Gates And Elon Musk Did' by Amotolongbo(f): 8:07am On Jan 01, 2022
I wish Akin Alabi can tell this to young men playing nairabet.

Even if they dropped out of school, shey na primary school or secondary school dem drop out?

Those that dropped out had already got their path set out and did not drop out as failure.

89 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Akin Alabi: 'Don't Drop Out Of School Because Bill Gates And Elon Musk Did' by isaiah4life(m): 8:09am On Jan 01, 2022
80% of Nigerians go to school to evade poverty. When the younger generation saw that their elders are roaming the street with their sweat infected certificates, they saw no need to venture into the academic space.

With the scourge of unemployment and quick money syndrome, one is sure in the next decades we will have millionaires pulling up in convoys with no certificate attached to them.

The phrase, "WHO CERTIFICATE HELP" has helped most people navigate in life winning against all odds.

But I believe, someday, 95% of my fellow countrymen/women will go to school because of passion to solve problems and not to squirm out of poverty.

125 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Akin Alabi: 'Don't Drop Out Of School Because Bill Gates And Elon Musk Did' by TheStakeHolder(m): 8:09am On Jan 01, 2022
ONLY IF THEY WILL LISTEN.
lipsrsealed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akin Alabi: 'Don't Drop Out Of School Because Bill Gates And Elon Musk Did' by Frigga13: 8:10am On Jan 01, 2022
No be this betting man?

Wey use betting pursue Yoruba kids comot for school..
Students for Yoruba land and Lagos dey go from school to betting shop.. .. some sef don forget classroom.

Too late already

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akin Alabi: 'Don't Drop Out Of School Because Bill Gates And Elon Musk Did' by Nobody: 8:11am On Jan 01, 2022
Drop out if you want to it's your choice..you go meet yourself anyhow you take live your life..

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akin Alabi: 'Don't Drop Out Of School Because Bill Gates And Elon Musk Did' by Ndimkpurummiri(m): 8:17am On Jan 01, 2022
Our Dilector drop out and he is now a celebrity prisoner

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akin Alabi: 'Don't Drop Out Of School Because Bill Gates And Elon Musk Did' by insidelife22(m): 8:22am On Jan 01, 2022
education is beautiful.

but tell your fellow leaders to work for a job creation enabling environment,

so that if person finish,him go see work.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akin Alabi: 'Don't Drop Out Of School Because Bill Gates And Elon Musk Did' by money121(m): 8:28am On Jan 01, 2022
Ok sir

Education is the best Legacy big thanks to my Daddy

4 Likes

Re: Akin Alabi: 'Don't Drop Out Of School Because Bill Gates And Elon Musk Did' by jericco1(m): 8:29am On Jan 01, 2022
Bros leave them na

Everybody dey shout school na scam as if they have the foundation those guys have.

Not that they have anything to offer the society..

World population is over 6 billion or more, and more than 80% have less than $1 in their account.

Abeg this is new year.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akin Alabi: 'Don't Drop Out Of School Because Bill Gates And Elon Musk Did' by whytediamond(m): 8:29am On Jan 01, 2022
Story. If Akin Alabi I'd referring to our local schools or federal universities, then ignore his advice. 5years in the university for me, was wasted. Not a single thing I learned from the classroom is applicable in 2022.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akin Alabi: 'Don't Drop Out Of School Because Bill Gates And Elon Musk Did' by mofedamijo(m): 8:29am On Jan 01, 2022
Elon Musk graduated in 1995 with a Bachelor of Science degree in economics and a Bachelor of Arts degree in physics.

He only dropped out of studying for a PhD.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akin Alabi: 'Don't Drop Out Of School Because Bill Gates And Elon Musk Did' by Kriss216: 8:30am On Jan 01, 2022
If you wan drop out, drop out.

We no dey motivate anybody again this year.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akin Alabi: 'Don't Drop Out Of School Because Bill Gates And Elon Musk Did' by Ayobami7(m): 8:31am On Jan 01, 2022
Noted boss
Re: Akin Alabi: 'Don't Drop Out Of School Because Bill Gates And Elon Musk Did' by hakeem4(m): 8:32am On Jan 01, 2022
Elon didn’t drop out na. Elon has two degrees the last time I checked

6 Likes

Re: Akin Alabi: 'Don't Drop Out Of School Because Bill Gates And Elon Musk Did' by Fenaco: 8:32am On Jan 01, 2022
Even Buhari does not have a WAEC

Who sch EPP

6 Likes

Re: Akin Alabi: 'Don't Drop Out Of School Because Bill Gates And Elon Musk Did' by MichaelSokoto(m): 8:32am On Jan 01, 2022
Ndimkpurummiri:
Our Dilector drop out and he is now a celebrity prisoner
dis is nu yr biko!
grin

2 Likes

Re: Akin Alabi: 'Don't Drop Out Of School Because Bill Gates And Elon Musk Did' by Elegot: 8:33am On Jan 01, 2022
Lol
Re: Akin Alabi: 'Don't Drop Out Of School Because Bill Gates And Elon Musk Did' by lonelydora: 8:33am On Jan 01, 2022
It's only a fool!sh person that will do that.

Their different societies favoured them. If you try it in Nigeria with the type of politicians we have, hunger will finish you.

1 Like

Re: Akin Alabi: 'Don't Drop Out Of School Because Bill Gates And Elon Musk Did' by Jubilancy(f): 8:33am On Jan 01, 2022
Very true.... but I thing I know....the school system needs to be overhauled....thus the mindsets of the upcoming generations will be tailored towards loving education and thus create more impact in our society

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akin Alabi: 'Don't Drop Out Of School Because Bill Gates And Elon Musk Did' by MichaelSokoto(m): 8:33am On Jan 01, 2022

Re: Akin Alabi: 'Don't Drop Out Of School Because Bill Gates And Elon Musk Did' by RodgersAkpafu: 8:34am On Jan 01, 2022
isaiah4life:
80% of Nigerians go to school to evade poverty. When the younger generation saw that their elders are roaming the street with their sweat infected certificates, they saw no need to venture into the academic space.

With the scourge of unemployment and quick money syndrome, one is sure in the next decades we will have millionaires pulling up in convoys with no certificate attached to them.

The phrase, "WHO CERTIFICATE HELP" has helped most people navigate in life winning against all odds.

But I believe, someday, 95% of my fellow countrymen/women will go to school because of passion to solve problems and not to squirm out of poverty.

I did not bother to read the rest
The first paragraph was so on point
Strong argument hitting the nail on the head

2 Likes

Re: Akin Alabi: 'Don't Drop Out Of School Because Bill Gates And Elon Musk Did' by Emmanuel909090: 8:34am On Jan 01, 2022
But most school dropouts are doing better in Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: Akin Alabi: 'Don't Drop Out Of School Because Bill Gates And Elon Musk Did' by Karleb(m): 8:34am On Jan 01, 2022
This is a bad advice.

1 Like

Re: Akin Alabi: 'Don't Drop Out Of School Because Bill Gates And Elon Musk Did' by Ara21(f): 8:35am On Jan 01, 2022
No matter what, we still have to go to school, if not for anything just to get knowledge.
Re: Akin Alabi: 'Don't Drop Out Of School Because Bill Gates And Elon Musk Did' by eFast20: 8:35am On Jan 01, 2022
Very good advice if you ask me
Re: Akin Alabi: 'Don't Drop Out Of School Because Bill Gates And Elon Musk Did' by hibeebeeking: 8:35am On Jan 01, 2022
That's the truth. Someone said who certificate help? Go to federal , state and local government and see how certificate help them . Do you think you can work in oil company without a cert? Go to school and master your field to be one of the best.

15 Likes

Re: Akin Alabi: 'Don't Drop Out Of School Because Bill Gates And Elon Musk Did' by isaiah4life(m): 8:36am On Jan 01, 2022
Thanks, sir. Happy new year, sir.

RodgersAkpafu:

I did not bother to read the rest
The first paragraph was so on point
Strong argument hitting the nail on the head
Re: Akin Alabi: 'Don't Drop Out Of School Because Bill Gates And Elon Musk Did' by mofedamijo(m): 8:36am On Jan 01, 2022
hakeem4:
Elon didn’t drop out na. Elon has two degrees the last time I checked

Don't mind the otondo, Elon musk only dropped out of studying for his PhD.

Bill Gate dropped out after 2 years of studying law, which is understandable, he wanted to go a different way. However, he has hundreds of credit hours studied already.

4 Likes

Re: Akin Alabi: 'Don't Drop Out Of School Because Bill Gates And Elon Musk Did' by contigiency(m): 8:36am On Jan 01, 2022
whytediamond:
Story. If Akin Alabi I'd referring to our local schools or federal universities, then ignore his advice. 5years in the university for me, was wasted. Not a single thing I learned from the classroom is applicable in 2022.

Stop deceiving people. This same our local school system has produced the likes of Prof Soludo, Dora Akunyili, numerous professors, PhDs and captains of industries ruling different businesses in the world. So if you have money to afford oversea education, you are free to go. Allow others to go our local school.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akin Alabi: 'Don't Drop Out Of School Because Bill Gates And Elon Musk Did' by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:36am On Jan 01, 2022
We hope they listen....

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2023: Christian Votes Not Enough To Win Presidential Election – Cleric / Israel Excited To Work With President-elect Tinubu: Ambassador / Chibok Parents Want Daughters Before May 29 (emotional Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.